CAMP Technical Adventure Equipment and Rockclimbing.com's Bountiful Bag o'Schwag Giveaway
What's with the name CAMP anyway? Is there something symbolic behind the name? There is, but we'd love to hear your take on it. The name CAMP is an acronym. What it stands for... that's where you come in! And we're not really looking for the "correct" answer, we're looking for the most creative, innovative or down-right funny entry. So enter the CAMP acronym contest to win a bountiful bag o'schwag...
What do a Rox+ Pack, 12 Orbit Express Quick Draws, an HMS Compact belay biner, a Shell belay device, four 60cm x 8mm Dyneema runners equipped with Nano 23 biners and Orbit rope end biners, a Crystal Chalk Bag, a box of chalk and a Quartz CR3 or Jade CR harness all have in common? Together, they're the grand prize for CAMP Technical Adventure Equipment and Rockclimbing.com's Bountiful Bag o'Schwag Giveaway.If you're a seasoned bolt-clipping vet in need of replacements or a stark-raving newbie looking to score your first rack o'draws, don't miss this contest. It's so easy to enter! Just think up your own words for what the CAMP acronym (that's right, the name CAMP is an acronym) and submit them via email to email@example.com, along with:
- The subject: CAMP GRAND Prize Entry
- Your name
- Your snail-mail address
- Your acronym entry
- The subject: CAMP SECOND Prize Entry
- Your name
- Your snail-mail address
The Fine Print:
- There is no purchase necessary to enter and win.
- All entries become the property of CAMP USA and rockclimbing.com and any person entering contest grants all license, copyright, rights and terms to CAMP USA and rockclimbing.com upon entering.
- Enter for the Grand Prize as many times as you like.
- Enter for the Second Prize with as many email addresses as you have.
- By entering, you are submitting your email and snail-mail addresses to CAMP's mailing list.
- By entering an acronym for the Grand Prize, you grant CAMP unlimited permission to publish your acronym idea (with credit to you) in marketing material, including but not limited to catalogs and websites.
- Expect threads related to this contest to be moderated aggressively, but good-natured jokes and heckling will almost certainly be allowed.
- Entries will be accepted until end of day US Pacific Time on July 31st, 2009.
- All Decisions of CAMP USA and rockclimbing.com are final.
- CAMP USA and rockclimbing.com reserve the right to alter, amend, change or cancel the contest at any time.
- The contest is open to all residents of North America.
- The prize is not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
- Decisions of the contest judges are final - no substitutions will be available.
- By claiming the prize, the winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation, radio broadcasts, newspapers and other publications and in television or film releases, slides, videotape, distribution over the internet and picture data storage) which CAMP USA and rockclimbing.com may deem appropriate.
- In accepting the prize, the winner, and any guest(s), acknowledges that CAMP USA and rockclimbing.com may not be held liable for any loss, damages or injury associated with accepting or using this prize(s).
- CAMP USA and rockclimbing.com retain the rights, in its absolute and sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value in the event of the unavailability of any prize or component of the prize for any reason whatsoever.
- This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- CAMP USA and rockclimbing.com reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
- Approximate value of prizes vary.
- Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, CAMP USA and rockclimbing.com may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
We've created a forum thread to discuss this competition: click here.
An here is the poll where the winner will be decided from the ten finalists: poll.