Why was my review declined?
There are several reasons why your review may have been declined by the editor. He will usually let you know what the reason was via email. Common reasons why reviews get turned down include:
- Not enough substance - If you enter a 2 word review it's likely to be declined.
- Duplicate review - Any form of spamming will be removed.
- Malicious competitor reviews - Malicious reviews submitted by gear company competitors will be removed and the username disabled. We may also refuse to list your own products on Rockclimbing.com in the future.
- Unsubstantiated claims - While we welcome negative reviews, this is not a platform to "bash" manufacturers with unsubstantiated claims. If you write a negative review, please substantiate!
- ALL UPPERCASE - All uppercase submissions will be declined
- Style - we're not the grammar and punctuation police but expect some minimum writing standards to be applied.
Keep it straight and this will turn into a valuable resource for climbers looking to buy gear.