DMM Safety Notice - Dragon Size 4 and 5 Recall
On the 15th Feb 2011 DMM received information from a U.S retailer regarding size 5 (Blue) Dragon Cams. They have found cracks on the aluminium axle boss on 2 of the Dragon Cam size 5s they have in stock. This boss is a turned part similar to the original Dragon 6 that we recalled on the 22nd July 2010.
For the safety of all of our customers we are issuing an immediate recall for all Dragon Cams size 4 and 5 with turned axle bosses (see images below). At present there is no evidence that suggests the size 4 Dragon Cams are affected. However, we feel it appropriate to include them in the recall due to similarities in construction.
What you should do
- If in possession of a cam as shown on the left of the pictures below, please discontinue
use immediately and follow the steps below:
- 1. Print out the form on the last page.
- 2. Fill in the form.
- 3. Both the form and the Dragon Cams need to be sent together to us at the DMM, address on the form.
- There are 3 ways of doing this:
- a) Directly to us;
- b) back to the retailer where the Dragon cam was purchased;
- c) or to your national distributor.
If you are a retailer or distributor, please quarantine all affected stock immediately and follow your standard returns procedure.
What we will do
We promise to deal with the situation as quickly and efficiently as we can. All units will be reassembled with a new hot forged aluminium axle boss and returned to you.
Our first and foremost priority is the safety of the climbing community. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your continued understanding and support.
More information will follow after further investigation.
The DMM team
You can find the return form at the following address: Return Form PDF