Rock Climbing : News : Other News : Dave Macleod to highlight 15th annual International Climbers' Festival
Dave Macleod to highlight 15th annual International Climbers' Festival
by Lindsay Nohl
Some of the schedule highlights:
- Dave Macleod, from Scotland (who just solo'ed a 5.14b!), in his FIRST U.S. appearance..presenting his "Safe is Risky" show and holding some clinics at Wild Iris.
- Chris Lindner, introducing his new movie "Spray" and holding some climbing clinics at Wild Iris.
- ODub, climber/rapper extrodinaire, emcee'ing the festival, the nighttime dyno comp and rapping some new tunes related to Lander area climbing.
- Local legend Dave Anderson presenting a new slideshow on "Climbing Lifestyle in Wyoming"
- The Telluride Mountainfilm film festival (http://www.mountainfilm.org/tour/) showing two screenings of inspirational outdoor short films.
- Music from the Spring Creek Bluegrass Band!
- All day trade fair on Friday, July 11th.
- New comps (Slackline comp, sponsored by Slackline Express and 1st Annual "Cowboy Up" weekend long Climbing comp sponsored by Acopa, sumo-wrestling comp)
- Climbing clinics, 10K Trail run, Shoe demos, Pancake Breakfasts, Yoga, Road bike rides, and tons of stellar rock climbing at Wild Iris and Sinks Canyon!
Please come, hang out and celebrate the wonderful sport of climbing this July in Lander!