Contest: Petzl Power of Light
CLEARFIELD, Utah (October 12th, 2009) - Petzl, the originator of the modern headlamp, today announced the launch of a global "Power of Light" Photo/Video contest, in line with the launch of the new series of Tikka2 and Zipka2 headlamps. A jury of international filmmakers and photographers, along with the viewing public, will weigh in on the best photos and videos created on one of two themes: "Illustrate the Power of Light", or, "What Do You Do with Your Headlamp?"
Entries will be accepted beginning November 1st through December 31st, 2009, and the grand prize winner will receive their weight in Petzl gear - a package worth over $10,000. Loads of runner-up prizes are also up for grabs.
Here's How It Works
- Participants submit one photograph or one video no longer than 2 minutes maximum on one of two topics: "Illustrate the Power of Light" or "What Do You Do With Your Headlamp?".
- A Grand Prize will be awarded for the best video and the best photograph. Each grand prize winner will receive their weight in Petzl gear.
- Runner-up prizes include a full selection of gear for a specified activity, the entire range of TIKKA2/ZIPKA2 headlamps, and more
- Rights-free music will be made available on http://video-contest.tikka2.com for entrants to download for use in videos.
- Awards will be based on criteria of originality, humor, quality and aesthetics.
- Winners will be announced in early 2010.
Jurors and filmmakers Josh Lowell, Sean White and Guillaume Broust have created and posted videos to inspire entrants (as jurors, the aforementioned will not be qualified to compete or win). The video jury includes Guillaume Broust, Bertrand Delapierre, Josh Lowell, and Sean White. The photo jury features Stephan Denys, Tony Lamiche and Petzl's own Laurent de Lafouchardiere and John Evans. To tip the scales, the public will have the opportunity to vote online.
For complete contest details, visit Petzl's contest page http://video-contest.tikka2.com. The site features a cool calculator for entrants to estimate their potential winnings by calculating the equivalency of their weight in Petzl gear. Powerful and versatile, the Tikka2 and Zipka2 series headlamps are up to 54% brighter, longer lasting, and feature improved functionality, including larger on/off switches and easy to open battery compartments. The completely restructured range offers six new lights suitable for a wide range of uses, from serious alpine climbing to walking the dog. For more information about the new lights, visit www.tikka2.com. Tikka 2 and Zipka 2 series headlamps are now available in specialty retailers nationwide and online.
About Petzl Lighting
Petzl has been a leading innovator of hands-free lighting since 1973, when it invented the first modern headlamp. Petzl headlamps are now standard equipment on a full range of adventures: from exploring the earth's deepest caverns and extreme Himalayan mountaineering first ascents to family camping trips. Petzl's newest generation - the Tikka2 and Zipka 2 series - features the latest in lighting technology and functionality.