Nov 2, 2009, 10:17 AM
Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Now that I've gotten the rant out of the way, I'll see if I can say something constructive.
First off, you were right, the existing webbing was total shit and was probably 10+ years old. It needed to be replaced.
The appropriate way to fix the situation was to remove all of the existing software and replace it with redundant loops of new webbing. Since you were kind enough to leave two pieces of new webbing I used yours to replace what was there. If it was the feature itself you didn't trust, you could have backed it up with a nut placement. It would have been bootied later but your rappel would have been backed up.
And FWIW I trundled the block (I hesitate to even call it that, it just wasn't that big) so it shouldn't be an issue in the future.
(This post was edited by notapplicable on Nov 2, 2009, 10:19 AM)