Dec 22, 2011, 10:21 AM
Registered: Sep 30, 2007
- Montagne d'Argent, Quebec
- The Adirondacks, NY
- Mont Rigaud, Quebec,
- Calabogie, Ontario
- Lac Sam, Quebec
- Eardley Escarpment/Gatineaus - Quebec
Number of Days out
Not sure, didn't count. First day out was mid-March. Last day out was November 27th. For Ottawa, that's a LONG season.
At least 34 days on which I've recorded a new route climbed, or a route climbed in a better style. Probably in the 40-50 range.
Dave, Dave, Dave of the Jungle (Lac Sam) - my first FA
Trad FA - bottom to top at Lac Sam. 2 25m or so pitches, a shorter (8m?) pitch, and scrambling in between.
A few other FAs at Lac Sam
Not this year.
Kate and Celine were my most regular partners over the year. On top of that, a rotating group of other local climbers for different days and different trips.
- starting to learn to judge what will/won't go when looking at not-previously climbed rock
Not a lot this year:
- a couple hexes
- a biggish tri-cam
 and a Mammut 10.0 Galaxy 60m rope for Christmas [/edit]
- Gothic Arch, Gothics south face, Adirondacks, NY
- Peggy, Home Cliff, Gatineau Hills, Quebec
- Colonel Kirtz, Montagne d'Argent, Quebec
- Regular Route, Chapel Pond Slab, Adirondacks, NY
Most Memorable moment(s)
- unplanned overnight bivy on Gothic Arch; a bit of an epic, the approach was far longer than expected, this included leading a traverse on gear in the dark, placing pieces by feel. Was with Kate, Celine, and Jonathan.
Goals for Next Year
- get better at crack climbing. In particular stop being scared of ripping all the skin off my hands if anything goes wrong, and getting over the fear of the pain.
- travel to more distant places for climbing. (EPC is on my list!)
- climb more, climb better
- continue to work on improving my lead head
(This post was edited by dagibbs on Dec 25, 2011, 6:16 PM)