Forums: Community: The Soap Box:
(mor)Man made climbing
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Soap Box

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All


flamer


Dec 14, 2006, 11:50 AM
Post #51 of 113 (1725 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 22, 2002
Posts: 2955

Re: [fluxus] Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

fluxus wrote:
Wow! have you been reading my posts at all?

Again, its not really about the Mormons, its about Josh's ax.

Yup. It's all classic smoke screen. Twist things around so they look better than they are.
Deny and make counteraccusation's....

The best part is....you calling me ignorant!! And inarticulate!! Truth be told...I can't spell, so I sometimes change my statements to use the words I know how to spell.

The wool is securely pulled over thine eyes.....my silly friend!

josh


(This post was edited by flamer on Dec 14, 2006, 11:51 AM)


fluxus


Dec 14, 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #52 of 113 (1717 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 2, 2003
Posts: 947

Re: [flamer] Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

flamer wrote:
Yup. It's all classic smoke screen.

I should really just stop but this is too funny, what about what I have written is smoke screen? My discussion of patrichary in the church?What I posted regarding the word of wisdom?

In reply to:
The best part is....you calling me ignorant!! And inarticulate!!

You'll have to forgive me, I have something of an academic background, so when people make truth claims about something I expect such claims to take a certain form, to reveal a certain level of familarity with the subject matter, to be made with an awareness of context, to be critically engaged, and verafiable on some level.

Lacking any of the above characteristics your posts do strike me as ignorant. For example, you were critical of the word of wisdom yet didn't seem to know the text itself or how Mormons typiicaly interpert it, or what exactly the doctrinal statements concerning it are. Knowledge that is essential if one is going to be critical of the passage and its doctrine. You made a specific claim about a change in doctrine around the time of a specific business transaction. Well, that sort of thing should be very easy to quantify if the claim is correct but you just threw it out there as an attack. So your claim making is not done well and your claims take the form of attacks. calling you ignorant and inarticulate strikes me as reasonable considering both the style and content of your posts.


jcasper


Dec 14, 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #53 of 113 (1710 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 23, 2005
Posts: 108

Re: [flamer] Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

A couple of things Josh, just because I'm bored:

1) What exactly do you think the big conspiracy is all about? Who is gaining what by pulling the "wool over our eyes"? Maybe it was just all started as a big scam by the Jospeh Smith. Well, he lived his short life in constant physical persecution by bigots like you, suffering inhuman torture until his eventual murder? Doesn't sound like it was worth it for him. Maybe the local leaders? hrmmm... Pretty much all of them have full time jobs apart from the service in the church, and many put in 40+ hours a week of UNPAID service in the church. I guess it's not worth it for them either. Maybe the regional leaders who leave their family, life, and career behind to live wherever they are needed for some 10 - 15 years, also without pay? Or are you talking about the global leaders who devote their life, living off of their own retirement, to a rigorous schedule of helping people, most definitely not a life of luxury and relaxation? So again, exactly who is gaining what? (Note that I'm not saying any of these points prove the points you have made are wrong, I realize that logically they don't prove a thing, but I do feel they put a bit more of the burden of proof on you, as the people who are supposedly involved in this great conspiracy, a crime against society, have absolutely no motive to do so)

2) You realize, of course, that you have read a book or two, written by people with a chip on their shoulder, about the church and profess all knowledge about the church. And then call people who have either spent their entire lives learning about the church (myself) or who have obviously put in a good amount of thoughtful research and learning into the church (fluxus and others), ignorant? I have read many of the books you talk about, probably more than you, with "facts" about the history of the church and the history of Joseph Smith and the "doctrines" supposedly taught in the church. Guess what, they are all BLATANTLY WRONG. All of them are academic trash, citing each other as references and all based in random speculation at best, and usually flat out lies.

Speaking as someone who has spent tens of thousands of hours studying ever bit of information I can get my hands on, both for and against the church, reading literally bookshelves full of books, and who has at times seriously questioned its doctrine and history, I can tell you in no uncertain terms that every single accusation you have made in this thread is completely and utterly false.

3) A few of your posts seem to be trying to directly refute what members of the church say they believe. So you seem to be trying to convince me that I believe something, when I have stated myself that I don't believe it?? I therefore state as an undisputed fact that you believe that a pink and purple dotted flying tortoise created the earth and runs everything on it. Pretty ridiculous? Yup.

Anyway, I need to get back to work.


(This post was edited by jcasper on Dec 14, 2006, 12:42 PM)


madriver


Dec 14, 2006, 12:38 PM
Post #54 of 113 (1708 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 17, 2001
Posts: 8700

Re: [fluxus] Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

fluxus wrote:
flamer wrote:
Yup. It's all classic smoke screen.

You'll have to forgive me, I have something of an academic background, so when people make truth claims about something I expect such claims to take a certain form, to reveal a certain level of familarity with the subject matter, to be made with an awareness of context, to be critically engaged, and verafiable on some level.

Lacking any of the above characteristics your posts do strike me as ignorant. For example, you were critical of the word of wisdom yet didn't seem to know the text itself or how Mormons typiicaly interpert it, or what exactly the doctrinal statements concerning it are. Knowledge that is essential if one is going to be critical of the passage and its doctrine. You made a specific claim about a change in doctrine around the time of a specific business transaction. Well, that sort of thing should be very easy to quantify if the claim is correct but you just threw it out there as an attack. So your claim making is not done well and your claims take the form of attacks. calling you ignorant and inarticulate strikes me as reasonable considering both the style and content of your posts.


....dude...here is the real culprit...if you want to blast away at a paticular religion or group....blow up the Academics!! Thats a bunch we can all sink our teeth into!!!!!!!!!! Damn Grad students and Tenured Profs....the WHOLE lot of em....bunch of fanatical liberal lunies if you ask me...or any other idiot for that matter...wait.....crap....nevermind....stick with the Mormons.....


love

M. Hoffman


ddt


Dec 14, 2006, 12:43 PM
Post #55 of 113 (1705 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 20, 2005
Posts: 2304

Re: [jcasper] Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Some good discussion and debate going on here folks... just what the soap box is for Smile

I'll admit that earlier I was worried that we're starting to flame each other instead of going after the issues (without reference to any specific post), but I think we're on track again. Let's keep it that way.

Cheers,
DDT


jcasper


Dec 14, 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #56 of 113 (1703 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 23, 2005
Posts: 108

Re: [madriver] Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

madriver wrote:
....dude...here is the real culprit...if you want to blast away at a paticular religion or group....blow up the Academics!! Thats a bunch we can all sink our teeth into!!!!!!!!!! Damn Grad students and Tenured Profs....the WHOLE lot of em....bunch of fanatical liberal lunies if you ask me...or any other idiot for that matter...wait.....crap....nevermind....stick with the Mormons.....

Crap, I'm an academic and a mormon! Where does that put me?! :)


madriver


Dec 14, 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #57 of 113 (1699 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 17, 2001
Posts: 8700

Re: [jcasper] Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jcasper wrote:
madriver wrote:
....dude...here is the real culprit...if you want to blast away at a paticular religion or group....blow up the Academics!! Thats a bunch we can all sink our teeth into!!!!!!!!!! Damn Grad students and Tenured Profs....the WHOLE lot of em....bunch of fanatical liberal lunies if you ask me...or any other idiot for that matter...wait.....crap....nevermind....stick with the Mormons.....

Crap, I'm an academic and a mormon! Where does that put me?! :)


...it a world of trouble my friend....
love
T. Kazcynski


ddt


Dec 14, 2006, 12:50 PM
Post #58 of 113 (1696 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 20, 2005
Posts: 2304

Re: [jcasper] Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jcasper wrote:
Crap, I'm an academic and a mormon! Where does that put me?! :)

I'd say about as big a target as say, and owner of RC.com WinkLaugh

DDT


petsfed


Dec 14, 2006, 1:33 PM
Post #59 of 113 (1673 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 24, 2002
Posts: 8585

Re: [price1869] (mor)Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Some observations:

Mainstream LDS is, by comparison to its splinter groups, pretty normal. However, the LDS church was brought into the 20th century by some world class bastards, and that stigma has stayed with it. For instance, one of the first group of elders included a freed slave. Then Brigham Young came to power, and that ended. St. George was founded with the intention of creating a slave supported cotton empire. Brigham Young also at least played interference for the Mountain Meadows Massacre. In fact, if you really want to focus on why the LDS movement gets such a bad rap, you can probably place it firmly on Young. It is in his steps that virtually all subsequent fundamentalist LDS sects, of which there are many, have followed. It wasn't until the practice of spiritual wifery was abollished that you really saw the "crazy" splinter groups appear, and that same abolition was meant to ease Mormonism's passage into modern society.

Also, the RLDS, the first real splinter group from mainstream LDS, broke off shortly after Joseph Smith's death, led by his first wife and his son, who did not support or condone polygamy.

Third, as a young child, I lived (briefly) in Mesa, AZ. The Mormon community was both large and strong there, and we estimated that in our subdivision of approximately 3000 people, around 12 of them were not LDS. My family, and another. The only kids whose parents allowed them to play with myself and my siblings were that other "heathen" family. My mother was unceremoniously kicked out of the local Avon club. I suppose it didn't help that my parents led an effort to get the seminary classes moved off campus at the local high school. This was a perfect case of the tyranny of the majority. To this day I don't trust Mormons for that. For all of their brotherly love, they can still be exclusionary pricks. I've had a lot of LDS friends, but I've never been that close to them, because under that shiny exterior, I felt that their faith could still drive them to be terrible people. That particular experience is probably why I will never claim allegiance to any particular belief structure.

Finally, I would suggest that everyone read Under the Banner of Heaven, by Jon Krakauer, then investigate every single claim he makes that might be upsetting to the church leaders. Its by no means a fair and balanced book, but it helps to colorize the modern church in a much more forgiving light. I think the criticisms that the LDS leaders lumped on the book (mentioned in detail in the afterward) seem almost to suggest that their church is infallible, and they do their believers a disservice by glossing over (indeed, outright discouraging investigations, if some of my Mormon coworkers can be believed) the skeletons in their closet. Moreover, by reading this book it became readily apparent that the LDS church is trying, just like the Catholic church, to modernize without alienating their more conservative followers.


jcasper


Dec 14, 2006, 1:34 PM
Post #60 of 113 (1672 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 23, 2005
Posts: 108

Re: [ddt] Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ddt wrote:
I'd say about as big a target as say, and owner of RC.com WinkLaugh

[heavy sarcasm tone]
Maybe, but we don't deserve it. :)
[/heavy sarcasm tone]


thorne
Deleted

Dec 14, 2006, 1:49 PM
Post #61 of 113 (1663 views)
Shortcut

Registered:
Posts:

Re: [flamer] Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

flamer wrote:
wilcox510 wrote:
flamer wrote:
BS there is no such thing as a good LDS member.
That is absoultely ridiculous.
You know as I go back and read this I'd have to say that it was a harsh and "knee jerk" statement.

From what I've read, it's pretty consistent with much of what you've been saying in this thread.

Perhaps you should go back and re-read your other posts.


jcasper


Dec 14, 2006, 2:17 PM
Post #62 of 113 (1657 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 23, 2005
Posts: 108

Re: [petsfed] (mor)Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:
Third, as a young child, I lived (briefly) in Mesa, AZ. The Mormon community was both large and strong there, and we estimated that in our subdivision of approximately 3000 people, around 12 of them were not LDS. My family, and another. The only kids whose parents allowed them to play with myself and my siblings were that other "heathen" family. My mother was unceremoniously kicked out of the local Avon club. I suppose it didn't help that my parents led an effort to get the seminary classes moved off campus at the local high school. This was a perfect case of the tyranny of the majority. To this day I don't trust Mormons for that. For all of their brotherly love, they can still be exclusionary pricks. I've had a lot of LDS friends, but I've never been that close to them, because under that shiny exterior, I felt that their faith could still drive them to be terrible people. That particular experience is probably why I will never claim allegiance to any particular belief structure.

This is definitely a problem with the culture in the church, specifically in Utah and parts of Idaho and Arizona where there are communities where church members make up the majority. When I tell members of the church outside of Utah that I grew up in Utah I often get: "oh, a 'Utah mormon,'" and I understand why. So yes, the culture in LDS communities can be pretty bad, but I feel (maybe hope?) that the majority of communities in those states aren't like this, and its just some bad apples. Many members of the church know and recognize this (my wife is even hesitant to raise our kids in Utah for fear they will grow up with that mentality.) Fortunately this has been talked about in recent general conferences of the church and the leaders of the church are constantly encouraging members to be less self righteous and more accepting of those outside of our faith. I personally find it ironic that our religion has such a history of persecution and now we see communities of members persecuting those that believe differently than us.

I strongly feel that this is a problem with the culture created by the members of the church, and not a problem with the doctrines of the church and the teaching of its leadership. Unfortunately a church is usually defined to be its membership, and I know of some members of the church, even leaders and "strong" members of the church, doing absolutely horrific things. I feel however, that a church should be judged by the doctrines it teaches, not by the actions of its members. After all, we determine our own happiness in this life and in the life to come, it is not based on the actions of others. (A doctrine that is taught by the church. :) Additionally, nobody, including the President of the church, whom we hold as a prophet of God like Moses or Isaiah, is perfect or infallible (save God Himself). So you've always got to take things that people do with a grain of salt and go easy on the judgment.


flamer


Dec 14, 2006, 3:35 PM
Post #63 of 113 (1645 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 22, 2002
Posts: 2955

Re: [thorne] Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thorne wrote:
flamer wrote:
wilcox510 wrote:
flamer wrote:
BS there is no such thing as a good LDS member.
That is absoultely ridiculous.
You know as I go back and read this I'd have to say that it was a harsh and "knee jerk" statement.

From what I've read, it's pretty consistent with much of what you've been saying in this thread.

Perhaps you should go back and re-read your other posts.

Ok #1 blow me.

#2 As I went back and tried to find the previous info concerning the LDS church and Pepsi co. I could not.
And in fact found 1 piece of information from a reliable and independent source that directly debunked this as an urban legend if you will.
So while I'd like to look at the other piece I could not find....I'll have to point out that there is now info pointing the other direction.

josh


flamer


Dec 14, 2006, 3:49 PM
Post #64 of 113 (1640 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 22, 2002
Posts: 2955

Re: [jcasper] Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jcasper wrote:
1) What exactly do you think the big conspiracy is all about? Who is gaining what by pulling the "wool over our eyes"? Maybe it was just all started as a big scam by the Jospeh Smith. Well, he lived his short life in constant physical persecution by bigots like you, suffering inhuman torture until his eventual murder?

How about that it is all a big lie? Seems as if you know that when you talk about old joe....his scam and all. So how can you believe these lies when you know that's what it was? He was primaarily persecuted because he was a liar and a scam artist.
I will give you that once the mormon scam was out they were persecuted more as a whole. But the root is still in lies and con's.


You can't seriously have study as much as you say and still believe everything the church says!!
That would be just plain silly!! I think you've studied with the church's chip on your shoulder and never looked at anything seriously.

Who is to gain?? How about the church? Thats right folks...LDS is INC.!! How much do you tith? shall we talk about what the church doea with all that money?? Maybe would should delve into their investments?

I've not asked anyone to choose one side or another. I have my opinion's. And I encourage you folks to look at the info out there and develope your own.
I'm also not trying to change the minds of these die hard LDS followers....most of them are to far gone.

As far as RC.com goes....wow the new owner "looking in"....that's strange. I wonder who's senseabilities got in a bunch and pointed out this thread.....maybe it is time to leave for greener pasture's....with the other refugee's.

josh


blondgecko
Moderator

Dec 14, 2006, 4:00 PM
Post #65 of 113 (1637 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 2, 2004
Posts: 7666

Re: [flamer] Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I know the LDS church at Kangaroo Point in Brisbane is one of the more obscenely over-the-top buildings I've seen.


Partner angry


Dec 14, 2006, 4:01 PM
Post #66 of 113 (1636 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 21, 2003
Posts: 8405

Re: [madriver] Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

madriver wrote:
...wait ...you mean the Church of LDS had a "DaVinchi Code" thing? I bet somebody got blown up in a car or some shit like that....BTW....us Catholics have it all over the Mormons with wierd rituals and bizzare stories about how we came to beleive in God.....really...look it up....it's in the Bible.


Love

Pope on a Rope

Nice one. If that was on accident, even nicer. WHITESALAMANDER4EVER


price1869


Dec 14, 2006, 4:02 PM
Post #67 of 113 (1635 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 28, 2005
Posts: 50

Re: [flamer] Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well,

I really was just refering to the fact that I hear a lot of people bitch about the Mormons taking away "their" bouldering area.

Granted, the mormons didn't make all of the boulders in LCC, but God did, and the mormons helped knock a lot of them down. :)

But along the lines of the current topic let's ask the opinions of:

Osama regarding the US
Judas regarding Christ
Israel regarding Iran
and of course Flamer regarding the Mormons.

Mormons don't kick people out of their communities because the people aren't mormon. The people leave because they feel uncomfortable. I dare say that many of you who are white would feel uncomfortable living in an all black community, no matter how nice the people. Just like Flamer feels uncomfortable in the presence of the educated. He'll eventually leave, or kick himself out with a big chip on his shoulder. He probably thinks that everyone is against him. ha ha.

And Mormons do have horns. What are you talking about, Jews?


fluxus


Dec 14, 2006, 4:26 PM
Post #68 of 113 (1623 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 2, 2003
Posts: 947

Re: [price1869] Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

price1869 wrote:
Well,

I really was just refering to the fact that I hear a lot of people bitch about the Mormons taking away "their" bouldering area.

Granted, the mormons didn't make all of the boulders in LCC, but God did, and the mormons helped knock a lot of them down. :)

Wait one second, you are way out of line mister! Imagine the Gaul of the OP trying to bring a thread back on topic! Of all the nerve! :-)

In reply to:
I know the LDS church at Kangaroo Point in Brisbane is one of the more obscenely over-the-top buildings I've seen.

I realize that Mormon church architecture tends to be pretty kitchy but Obscenely so?


(This post was edited by fluxus on Dec 14, 2006, 5:04 PM)


jcasper


Dec 14, 2006, 4:53 PM
Post #69 of 113 (1613 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 23, 2005
Posts: 108

Re: [flamer] Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

flamer wrote:
jcasper wrote:
1) What exactly do you think the big conspiracy is all about? Who is gaining what by pulling the "wool over our eyes"? Maybe it was just all started as a big scam by the Jospeh Smith. Well, he lived his short life in constant physical persecution by bigots like you, suffering inhuman torture until his eventual murder?

How about that it is all a big lie? Seems as if you know that when you talk about old joe....his scam and all. So how can you believe these lies when you know that's what it was? He was primaarily persecuted because he was a liar and a scam artist.
I will give you that once the mormon scam was out they were persecuted more as a whole. But the root is still in lies and con's.

ummm, no. Reread what I said (seems you've been told that a couple of times in this thread). I was saying that Joseph Smith was not a scam artist or a lier. The fact that he was persecuted his entire life until he was murdered puts the burden of proof further on your shoulders as it shows that he gained absolutely nothing from what he preached and lost everything, so he had plenty of motivation to NOT teach what he taught, and absolutely no motivation to lie or scam people. If somebody or some organization were to run a scam, you'd think they'd be getting something out of it, and Joseph Smith certainly received nothing (worldly) for what he did.

flamer wrote:
You can't seriously have study as much as you say and still believe everything the church says!!
That would be just plain silly!! I think you've studied with the church's chip on your shoulder and never looked at anything seriously.

Well, I guess its my word against your blind assumptions then.

flamer wrote:
Who is to gain?? How about the church? Thats right folks...LDS is INC.!! How much do you tith? shall we talk about what the church doea with all that money?? Maybe would should delve into their investments?

I never said the church, as an organization, didn't have a lot of money floating around; so yes, let us talk about what the church does with all that money. The church itself is a non-profit organization. The profit of any commercial interests of the church is either reinvested or put directly into the church itself (the non-profit). So what does the non-profit church do with all the money coming and going? Well, as a non-profit we know that it is not going into any personal pockets. It (among other things) has to build and maintain buildings (how this whole thread got started, quarrying LLC), it prints millions of books and pamphlets, that are given out freely, so people can be educated properly about the church, and provides a LOT of relief to people world wide. In fact, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is among the largest relief organizations in the world. That's right, a large portion of the money which you are so concerned about goes to help people of all faiths all over the world. The only actual people that get paid with that money are those that get paid to do their non-clergy jobs, like the construction and maintenance of buildings, or the accountants that make sure the money isn't being misused anywhere (in fact, I'm not even sure if they get paid or not). I have been in a situation where I spent a lot of the church's money (renting apartments for the missionaries and buying and maintaining cars for them to drive), and trust me, the church was watching extremely closely to ensure that it was used properly and not going directly into my, or anyone else's, pocket.

So I ask you again, what person is benefiting from your conspiracy? It is nonsensical to say that "the church" gains from your conspiracy. When one says a company gains from its doings, it means the owners of that company gains, but the church doesn't have any "owners" and nobody in the clergy of the church is paid for what they do.

flamer wrote:
I've not asked anyone to choose one side or another. I have my opinion's. And I encourage you folks to look at the info out there and develope your own.
I'm also not trying to change the minds of these die hard LDS followers....most of them are to far gone.

That's the only sensible thing you've said this whole time. Look at the info out there and develop your own opinion. Part of doing that is determining the legitimate and correct information to base your decisions on. My main goal in replying to you is to let you and those they may read this thread know that the particular information that you have received and relayed here is incorrect and should not be used to base any kind of opinion about the church on. If you were to look into what new climbing shoes to buy, are you only going to listen to they guy struggling up the 5.6 complaining about the shoes that are three sizes too big for him?

In reply to:
As far as RC.com goes....wow the new owner "looking in"....that's strange. I wonder who's senseabilities got in a bunch and pointed out this thread.....maybe it is time to leave for greener pasture's....with the other refugee's.

Or maybe he is just doing his job and paying attention to what is going on on his website? If a couple of supportive comments from the sites owner and a gentle reminder to keep it civil (with absolutely no moderation or anything of that sort mind you) is enough to make you leave this site, then maybe your "senseabilities got in a bunch [sic]."


chitlinsconcarne


Dec 14, 2006, 8:03 PM
Post #70 of 113 (1592 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 15, 2003
Posts: 199

Re: [buckleki] (mor)Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

buckleki wrote:
im looking at moving from pittsburgh, pa to SLC. are the mormans going to ruin my life? they're the only thing stopping me. ive never heard anything positive about those crazies and i hate religious f**ks who push their beliefs on you. is it worth the hastle putting up with these people for all the good rock. i believe in separation of church and state and my constitutional rights. or should i move somewhere else with good rock where i am allowed to dance after 1 am?

Its entirely possible to live here in SLC and ignore the church completely. The majority of people here are not LDS, and if you center your time around sports like climbing, skiing,mt. biking, etc. you will find that LDS representation within those social enclaves is very thin.
They are certainly not any crazier than anybody else, and there are many positive aspects to the LDS faith. I usually find that the problems people have here are the same ones that they had before they got here.


price1869


Dec 14, 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #71 of 113 (1578 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 28, 2005
Posts: 50

Re: [chitlinsconcarne] (mor)Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, that and they drill big holes in the boulders.


flamer


Dec 14, 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #72 of 113 (1572 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 22, 2002
Posts: 2955

Re: [price1869] (mor)Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey if mormons want to think I'm ignorant ..fine i think they are so turn about...fair play.

Truth is with this thread I've gotten nore people to look for the truth....


Funny thing about people...if fluxus and I were to climb together and leave this BS out of it we'd probably get some serious shit done. This world we live in is weird that way..no?

In the end(I'm done doing circle's with these silly Mo's) i encourage anyone reading this to research it all and form an opinion.

josh


Partner tradman


Dec 15, 2006, 7:14 AM
Post #73 of 113 (1554 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 14, 2003
Posts: 7159

Re: [flamer] (mor)Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Truth is with this thread I've gotten nore people to look for the truth....

You've done a lot more than that: you've helped us all to see that mormons, represented here by JCasper, are a lot more patient, forgiving and understand than we might previously have thought.

You've shown all of us that if mormons can patiently and articulately defend their beliefs against abusive, obnoxious dumbos like you, then their beliefs are leading them to peace and tolerance, and might well be worth talking about.

Well done, you've highlighted a whole bunch of good points about mormons and nothing but bad points about yourself.

You've helped me change my attitude towards mormons, you really have.


flamer


Dec 15, 2006, 8:19 AM
Post #74 of 113 (1548 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 22, 2002
Posts: 2955

Re: [tradman] (mor)Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tradman wrote:
In reply to:
Truth is with this thread I've gotten nore people to look for the truth....

You've done a lot more than that: you've helped us all to see that mormons, represented here by JCasper, are a lot more patient, forgiving and understand than we might previously have thought.

You've shown all of us that if mormons can patiently and articulately defend their beliefs against abusive, obnoxious dumbos like you, then their beliefs are leading them to peace and tolerance, and might well be worth talking about.

Well done, you've highlighted a whole bunch of good points about mormons and nothing but bad points about yourself.

You've helped me change my attitude towards mormons, you really have.


Hey if you want to be another lamb go ahead.....seems to me that you are clearly not smart enough to avoid the ultra nice approach. There is a belly to the beast and it's not good.

josh


price1869


Dec 15, 2006, 8:32 AM
Post #75 of 113 (1545 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 28, 2005
Posts: 50

Re: [flamer] (mor)Man made climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Flamer,

You can't stab someone and then expect to make friends by pulling out the knife. It doesn't work that way. I encourage you to also seek truth. Good luck.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook