Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 ... 1809 Next page Last page  View All


Kartessa


May 15, 2013, 10:52 PM
Post #42976 of 45211 (1406 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Who left this pt just hanging?


edge


May 16, 2013, 4:56 AM
Post #42977 of 45211 (1395 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9118

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Who left this pt just hanging?

It was my parting gift to you. Everyone else got cash and prizes.


Kartessa


May 16, 2013, 5:26 AM
Post #42978 of 45211 (1390 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Who left this pt just hanging?

It was my parting gift to you. Everyone else got cash and prizes.

Schweet!


Kartessa


May 16, 2013, 5:27 AM
Post #42979 of 45211 (1388 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Now who wants spoilers?

Anyone seen Star Trek V?


Gmburns2000


May 16, 2013, 6:41 AM
Post #42980 of 45211 (1384 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15178

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
mornin'

what the fuck is this, the coffee shop? god no, please god no.

I am sitting in a starbucks on a macbook, sipping "fairly traded" coffee... like a fucking hipster...

Might as well be the coffee shop

I just found out the other day that Yuppie stands for Young Urban Professional. Who knew?

seriously? that term is decades old now. i thought everyone knew that.


edge


May 16, 2013, 10:10 AM
Post #42981 of 45211 (1378 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9118

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I just filmed an interracial sex tape!Shocked

































edge


May 16, 2013, 10:11 AM
Post #42982 of 45211 (1376 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9118

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
mornin'

what the fuck is this, the coffee shop? god no, please god no.

I am sitting in a starbucks on a macbook, sipping "fairly traded" coffee... like a fucking hipster...

Might as well be the coffee shop

I just found out the other day that Yuppie stands for Young Urban Professional. Who knew?

seriously? that term is decades old now. i thought everyone knew that.

News travels slow to Virginia.


edge


May 16, 2013, 10:12 AM
Post #42983 of 45211 (1374 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9118

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Now who wants spoilers?

Anyone seen Star Trek V?

Not since it first came out. My recollection of it is hazy at best.


Gmburns2000


May 16, 2013, 10:20 AM
Post #42984 of 45211 (1370 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15178

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
I just filmed an interracial sex tape!Shocked































Blush


Kartessa


May 16, 2013, 11:47 AM
Post #42985 of 45211 (1358 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Had a midterm yesterday... Worth 30% of my final grade... Nailed it with 39/40


Gmburns2000


May 16, 2013, 1:21 PM
Post #42986 of 45211 (1352 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15178

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Had a midterm yesterday... Worth 30% of my final grade... Nailed it with 39/40

well done. of course, the sad part is that there was a part two (40 points) and an essay (20 points) that you missed.

And wait, you've been in school for what, three weeks? That's a mid-term?


donald949


May 16, 2013, 1:39 PM
Post #42987 of 45211 (1350 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11403

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Well looks like our Vegas get away is coming through. Made teh mistake of mentioning Donny and Marie are playing that weekend. Between babysitter, hotel, feedbags, and a show, should set me back a tidy little sum.
Oh well.

donny and marie

yer personal dignity has left the building
I've been married 16 years, and have 3 kids.
My dignity hasn't been seen in eons.


donald949


May 16, 2013, 1:42 PM
Post #42988 of 45211 (1348 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11403

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Well looks like our Vegas get away is coming through. Made teh mistake of mentioning Donny and Marie are playing that weekend. Between babysitter, hotel, feedbags, and a show, should set me back a tidy little sum.
Oh well.

donny and marie

yer personal dignity has left the building
I've been married 16 years, and have 3 kids.
My dignity hasn't been seen in eons.
Normally I would have used some kind of bait like this to talk the wife into going to Vegas unloading the kids for the weekend. Like I said gone for eons...
But this time she is the one jonesing to get out of town unload the kids. So I really didn't need to mention DaM.
Opps. Shocked


donald949


May 16, 2013, 1:45 PM
Post #42989 of 45211 (1345 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11403

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Well looks like our Vegas get away is coming through. Made teh mistake of mentioning Donny and Marie are playing that weekend. Between babysitter, hotel, feedbags, and a show, should set me back a tidy little sum.
Oh well.

donny and marie

yer personal dignity has left the building

You should definitely video tape the show. There is a 78% chance she'll pop out a kid on stage, and Donny can wrap it in a swaddling technicolor dreamcoat.

so, you've seen them perform

No. I am still self counciling from overhearing my parents watch their variety show in the 70's.


i'm a little bit country............and i'm a little bit rock and roll




just shoot me in the face
Please don't start, it will be enough when I get there.


donald949


May 16, 2013, 1:46 PM
Post #42990 of 45211 (1342 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11403

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Well looks like our Vegas get away is coming through. Made teh mistake of mentioning Donny and Marie are playing that weekend. Between babysitter, hotel, feedbags, and a show, should set me back a tidy little sum.
Oh well.

donny and marie

yer personal dignity has left the building

You should definitely video tape the show. There is a 78% chance she'll pop out a kid on stage, and Donny can wrap it in a swaddling technicolor dreamcoat.

so, you've seen them perform

No. I am still self counciling from overhearing my parents watch their variety show in the 70's.


i'm a little bit country............and i'm a little bit rock and roll




just shoot me in the face
Please don't start, it will be enough when I get there.
Actually, if I get lucky, it will be sold out by the time I get around to buying tickets.


Kartessa


May 16, 2013, 1:46 PM
Post #42991 of 45211 (1340 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Had a midterm yesterday... Worth 30% of my final grade... Nailed it with 39/40

well done. of course, the sad part is that there was a part two (40 points) and an essay (20 points) that you missed.

And wait, you've been in school for what, three weeks? That's a mid-term?

It's a 7 week course - 6 hours per week


donald949


May 16, 2013, 1:55 PM
Post #42992 of 45211 (1331 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11403

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Hit up Longstack tonight and scrubbed an amazing new line. It's going to get 3-4 bolts next week, but it's got three distinct cruxes from .10a - .10b/c and climbs incredibly fun. One more cleaning needed, probably Thursday. I'm thinking of calling it "Edge's Swan Song".

Are you going to be able to finish it?

The schedule will be tight, but I think so. I will be borrowing a drill on Tuesday; should be able to pop in 3-4 bolts and do a final scrubbing that night.

I am thinking that the multiple cruxes are strenuous enough that I won't have it in me following the bolting, so that will leave Wed - Fri to send. I can hike the first two .10a cruxes, and the second one may only be .9+ after the next scrub. There is still one move on the third crux I can't get, I'm thinking .10b/c when I am fresh, but could very easily be .11. Long reach to a slopey ledge, then left foot way out left to a hold at hip height and press up over it off of the slopey ledge. My shoulder is still a bit tweaked, so that will be the big determining factor. From the LH foothold you get a high right foot on the slopey ledge and use a marble sized crystal to pull your weight over that and stand up.

The climbing is so good we think it will be an instant classic, so we ran a TR lap to determine the best spot for the bolts. I wouldn't have enough time to project it as a R/X trad lead, and if I did no one would get on it, so we opted to make it a mixed trad (bomber cams) and bolt route.*

This way (waxing philosophical here) it will be a testament in stone for future generations. I bled all over it on the TR run, so the alternate name may be "Bloody Violins" since it is next door to "Gentle Violence" 5.11+ which I still haven't sent; I am so very close though.

*NA shits pants in despair.

I wouldn't worry about adding bolts. There's a strong tradition to adding appropriate bolts in NH. As long as you're not Rumneyating it I don't think there'll be much objection.

The thing I worry about is if the Rumney crowd gets to it.

Nah, there's also a strong tradition in NH about respecting the ethics of the individual crags. We have already plucked the majority of independent lines, and 99% of the routes have good natural gear, the bolts are largely meant to augment and prevent the R ratings. There are a good number of those as well, but generally speaking the best routes get enough bolts to make them accessible to the masses.

The new route is 150' long, so even if I go with the 4 bolts it's definitely not sport.

What's the route on the west side of Whitehorse that has something like four bolts protecting a 90ft pitch...and that's it? There's a dike leading to a step left...can't remember. It's in between the standard slabs and inferno area.
Couple like that at a local crag.
One though goes at 2 bolts in 90+ feet. Crater Maker. Second bolt is at 40 foot, hence the name. I don't lead that one anymore. Shocked


donald949


May 16, 2013, 1:57 PM
Post #42993 of 45211 (1328 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11403

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
mornin'

what the fuck is this, the coffee shop? god no, please god no.

I am sitting in a starbucks on a macbook, sipping "fairly traded" coffee... like a fucking hipster...

Might as well be the coffee shop

I just found out the other day that Yuppie stands for Young Urban Professional. Who knew?

And Dink means Dual Income, No Kids.

In light of the graduation of my youngest and my role as a kept man, I suspect I am now a Sink. Soon to be Nink.

"I see, said the blind carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw."
Makes me a Sitk.


donald949


May 16, 2013, 1:58 PM
Post #42994 of 45211 (1327 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11403

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Had a midterm yesterday... Worth 30% of my final grade... Nailed it with 39/40
Congratmutalations


donald949


May 16, 2013, 1:59 PM
Post #42995 of 45211 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11403

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Had a midterm yesterday... Worth 30% of my final grade... Nailed it with 39/40

well done. of course, the sad part is that there was a part two (40 points) and an essay (20 points) that you missed.

And wait, you've been in school for what, three weeks? That's a mid-term?
accelerated program?


donald949


May 16, 2013, 2:04 PM
Post #42996 of 45211 (1322 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11403

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Google ads are starting to get a little scary.
I get the Campmor and Hotels, been hitting their web sites, so they left their cookie crumbs behind.
But the Mt Spokane. I was reading about that in the Washington travel print magazine yesterday.


Kartessa


May 16, 2013, 2:43 PM
Post #42997 of 45211 (1310 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Had a midterm yesterday... Worth 30% of my final grade... Nailed it with 39/40

well done. of course, the sad part is that there was a part two (40 points) and an essay (20 points) that you missed.

And wait, you've been in school for what, three weeks? That's a mid-term?
accelerated program?

Summer program


edge


May 16, 2013, 2:47 PM
Post #42998 of 45211 (1307 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9118

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Had a midterm yesterday... Worth 30% of my final grade... Nailed it with 39/40

well done. of course, the sad part is that there was a part two (40 points) and an essay (20 points) that you missed.

And wait, you've been in school for what, three weeks? That's a mid-term?
accelerated program?


Summer program

It's Spring. If its a 7 week course and you just had a midterm, in three and a half weeks it will still be Spring.

Logical Deduction and the Art of Assholism 101. I got an A.


(This post was edited by edge on May 16, 2013, 2:49 PM)


Partner epoch
Moderator

May 16, 2013, 4:14 PM
Post #42999 of 45211 (1298 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32107

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Had a midterm yesterday... Worth 30% of my final grade... Nailed it with 39/40

well done. of course, the sad part is that there was a part two (40 points) and an essay (20 points) that you missed.

And wait, you've been in school for what, three weeks? That's a mid-term?

It's a 7 week course - 6 hours per week
Do you get big shoes, and a horn with that course? Tongue


Partner epoch
Moderator

May 16, 2013, 4:19 PM
Post #43000 of 45211 (1297 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32107

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Had a midterm yesterday... Worth 30% of my final grade... Nailed it with 39/40

well done. of course, the sad part is that there was a part two (40 points) and an essay (20 points) that you missed.

And wait, you've been in school for what, three weeks? That's a mid-term?
accelerated program?


Summer program

It's Spring. If its a 7 week course and you just had a midterm, in three and a half weeks it will still be Spring.

Logical Deduction and the Art of Assholism 101. I got an A.
nice

First page Previous page 1 ... 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 ... 1809 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook