Forums: Community: Campground:
WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 


notapplicable


Oct 7, 2009, 5:02 AM
Post #1 of 98 (3721 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17752

WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer
Report this Post
Can't Post

I always suspected breathing that stuff couldn't be good for you but DAMN!


http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org...ent/full/101/19/1330


Partner angry


Oct 7, 2009, 5:04 AM
Post #2 of 98 (3713 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 21, 2003
Posts: 8405

Re: [notapplicable] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh sweet jesus!!


notapplicable


Oct 7, 2009, 5:09 AM
Post #3 of 98 (3701 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17752

Re: [angry] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:
Oh sweet jesus!!

I know and I find this just as I'm packing for a climbing trip. Pretty fucked up.


(This post was edited by notapplicable on Oct 7, 2009, 5:10 AM)


Partner angry


Oct 7, 2009, 5:16 AM
Post #4 of 98 (3686 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 21, 2003
Posts: 8405

Re: [notapplicable] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, it's important and everyone should click on that article and read.


climbingtrash


Oct 7, 2009, 5:19 AM
Post #5 of 98 (3678 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 4814

Re: [angry] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:
Well, it's important and everyone should click on that article and read.

So now I have to quit smoking and climbing too?!? I'm just gonna bump up my cardio workout to compensate for both.


sungam


Oct 7, 2009, 5:26 AM
Post #6 of 98 (3667 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26477

Re: [notapplicable] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude, did you see the banner at the bottom? Funny as fuck word juxtaposition FAIL.


kachoong


Oct 7, 2009, 5:32 AM
Post #7 of 98 (3659 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 22, 2004
Posts: 15304

Re: [notapplicable] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I see it also harms the eyes too! Never heard of eye cancer until now! Shocked


clc


Oct 7, 2009, 5:58 AM
Post #8 of 98 (3631 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 12, 2005
Posts: 495

Re: [kachoong] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

just breathing in a big city Does increase your risk of lung cancer. Or eating bar-b -Q food has carcinogens(PAH & PAN).
There were probably studying workers in a factory.
Shit I bet cleaning new routes is bad for me too all that dust from moss/lichen and rock dust from drilling bolts. Oh no its payback for putting up those darn sport routes.


Partner angry


Oct 7, 2009, 6:03 AM
Post #9 of 98 (3621 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 21, 2003
Posts: 8405

Re: [clc] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Did you read the article?


taydude


Oct 7, 2009, 6:14 AM
Post #10 of 98 (3604 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 25, 2006
Posts: 531

Re: [angry] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Santa?


rockandlice


Oct 7, 2009, 6:19 AM
Post #11 of 98 (3591 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 12, 2008
Posts: 622

Re: [taydude] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The article is pretty convincing. I'll NEVER use chalk again!


climbingtrash


Oct 7, 2009, 7:01 AM
Post #12 of 98 (3531 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 4814

Re: [sungam] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
Dude, did you see the banner at the bottom? Funny as fuck word juxtaposition FAIL.

Second that.


kyleshea


Oct 7, 2009, 7:03 AM
Post #13 of 98 (3523 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 21, 2006
Posts: 1716

Re: [notapplicable] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

stimulating read. i have a lot to think about.


Gmburns2000


Oct 7, 2009, 7:13 AM
Post #14 of 98 (3505 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15018

Re: [notapplicable] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh god I'm ruined


wjca


Oct 7, 2009, 7:24 AM
Post #15 of 98 (3482 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 27, 2005
Posts: 7533

Re: [notapplicable] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
I always suspected breathing that stuff couldn't be good for you but DAMN!


http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org...ent/full/101/19/1330


Lung cancer or not, I laughed.


scotty1974


Oct 7, 2009, 7:29 AM
Post #16 of 98 (3469 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 30, 2006
Posts: 248

Re: [notapplicable] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?


xaniel2000


Oct 7, 2009, 7:35 AM
Post #17 of 98 (3460 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 7, 2007
Posts: 99

Re: [scotty1974] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I looked at work, and I laughed out loud


scotty1974


Oct 7, 2009, 7:38 AM
Post #18 of 98 (3453 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 30, 2006
Posts: 248

Re: [xaniel2000] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah it's funny, and it only works with a suprise element, but it's still not appropriate.

Sorry to be the fuddy-duddy, but if I had kids and they saw that I'd be really pissed.

Most people have the sense to label "work appropriate" etc. Sorry that I don't like "Bear Loving" popping up at my job.


(This post was edited by scotty1974 on Oct 7, 2009, 7:39 AM)


blueeyedclimber


Oct 7, 2009, 7:43 AM
Post #19 of 98 (3432 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 19, 2002
Posts: 4598

Re: [notapplicable] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

NOT FUNNY!!!!


sbaclimber


Oct 7, 2009, 7:45 AM
Post #20 of 98 (3428 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 21, 2004
Posts: 3061

Re: [xaniel2000] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

xaniel2000 wrote:
I looked at work, and I laughed out loud
I looked at work....and after washing my eyes out with bleach, kicked myself for not looking at the url before clicking.Laugh

@NA, Kudos on the rick-rollTongue


(This post was edited by sbaclimber on Oct 7, 2009, 7:45 AM)


kyleshea


Oct 7, 2009, 7:49 AM
Post #21 of 98 (3410 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 21, 2006
Posts: 1716

Re: [scotty1974] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

scotty1974 wrote:
Yeah it's funny, and it only works with a suprise element, but it's still not appropriate.

Sorry to be the fuddy-duddy, but if I had kids and they saw that I'd be really pissed.

Most people have the sense to label "work appropriate" etc. Sorry that I don't like "Bear Loving" popping up at my job.

proof that N_A did a great job on this one. but, hey, scotty, thanks for ruinin the fun.


hafilax


Oct 7, 2009, 7:55 AM
Post #22 of 98 (3387 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 11, 2007
Posts: 3025

Re: [sbaclimber] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sbaclimber wrote:
xaniel2000 wrote:
I looked at work, and I laughed out loud
I looked at work....and after washing my eyes out with bleach, kicked myself for not looking at the url before clicking.Laugh

@NA, Kudos on the rick-rollTongue
ALWAYS look at the URL! He could have hidden it in a tinyurl but didn't.


scotty1974


Oct 7, 2009, 7:58 AM
Post #23 of 98 (3379 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 30, 2006
Posts: 248

Re: [kyleshea] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah I know...I'm a Fuddy-duddy...

Minimal Coffee + Man-Loving = Fuddy-Duddy...

Even saying Fuddy-duddy is Fuddy-Duddy!


But who examines every URL for every page that is posted on here or MP.com? Maybe I should start eh?


(This post was edited by scotty1974 on Oct 7, 2009, 8:04 AM)


sbaclimber


Oct 7, 2009, 8:01 AM
Post #24 of 98 (3371 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 21, 2004
Posts: 3061

Re: [hafilax] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hafilax wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
xaniel2000 wrote:
I looked at work, and I laughed out loud
I looked at work....and after washing my eyes out with bleach, kicked myself for not looking at the url before clicking.Laugh

@NA, Kudos on the rick-rollTongue
ALWAYS look at the URL! He could have hidden it in a tinyurl but didn't.
I know, I knowBlush During the rick-rolling phase a while back, I got really cautious, but have apparently started slacking off recently...


climbingtrash


Oct 7, 2009, 8:19 AM
Post #25 of 98 (3342 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 4814

Re: [scotty1974] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

Git back to work...


sungam


Oct 7, 2009, 8:24 AM
Post #26 of 98 (890 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26477

Re: [climbingtrash] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

Git back to work...
I can has ptftw?


dynosore


Oct 7, 2009, 8:40 AM
Post #27 of 98 (879 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 29, 2004
Posts: 1758

Re: [notapplicable] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

NSFW, where are the mods?


johnwesely


Oct 7, 2009, 9:20 AM
Post #28 of 98 (855 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [dynosore] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I personally did not find it offensive, and I think that's because it wasn't that offense. It doesn't show anything, the guy has a pretty cool bear, and it could actually be just a really flexible dude or a guy bonking a really hairy girl.


hafilax


Oct 7, 2009, 9:38 AM
Post #29 of 98 (835 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 11, 2007
Posts: 3025

Re: [johnwesely] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
I personally did not find it offensive, and I think that's because it wasn't that offense. It doesn't show anything, the guy has a pretty cool bear, and it could actually be just a really flexible dude or a guy bonking a really hairy girl.
You mean it wasn't a wheelbarrow race?! Shocked


johnwesely


Oct 7, 2009, 9:49 AM
Post #30 of 98 (827 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [hafilax] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hafilax wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
I personally did not find it offensive, and I think that's because it wasn't that offense. It doesn't show anything, the guy has a pretty cool bear, and it could actually be just a really flexible dude or a guy bonking a really hairy girl.
You mean it wasn't a wheelbarrow race?! Shocked

Hafilax, I think you need to ask your mommy and daddy a few question about where babies come from although they certainty don't come from anything related to that picture.


yanqui


Oct 7, 2009, 9:49 AM
Post #31 of 98 (826 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 24, 2004
Posts: 1550

Re: [angry] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:
Oh sweet jesus!!

Be afraid .... more recent statistical analysis has shown that exposure to climbing chalk was not the cause. The affliction begins to appear after the subject reaches a critical mass of time spent climbing offwidths.


CrazyPetie


Oct 7, 2009, 9:51 AM
Post #32 of 98 (822 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 31, 2008
Posts: 407

Re: [scotty1974] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.


onarunning


Oct 7, 2009, 9:55 AM
Post #33 of 98 (820 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 13, 2007
Posts: 94

Re: [notapplicable] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I wonder what the kids behind me in class were thinking as that popped up on my screen.


sungam


Oct 7, 2009, 9:57 AM
Post #34 of 98 (817 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26477

Re: [CrazyPetie] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, asshole or shitty is fucking low - there are far more descriptive and effective insults or comments to be used that don't reinforce the unacceptable homophobia that's so rampant in our society. There's nothing wrong with being gay, and people need to stop being such fucktards and quit acting like there is.

Phrases like "Oh, that's fucking gay dude! The machine ate my dollar" and "don't be so jewish! Gimme the bigger half" etc. need to stop.


johnwesely


Oct 7, 2009, 10:02 AM
Post #35 of 98 (807 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [sungam] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, asshole or shitty is fucking low - there are far more descriptive and effective insults or comments to be used that don't reinforce the unacceptable homophobia that's so rampant in our society. There's nothing wrong with being gay, and people need to stop being such fucktards and quit acting like there is.

Phrases like "Oh, that's fucking gay dude! The machine ate my dollar" and "don't be so jewish! Gimme the bigger half" etc. need to stop.

+1

However, you will have difficult making progress with him because he clearly lacks common sense.

Ref: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/...t/news/s_625836.html


sungam


Oct 7, 2009, 10:11 AM
Post #36 of 98 (794 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26477

Re: [johnwesely] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, asshole or shitty is fucking low - there are far more descriptive and effective insults or comments to be used that don't reinforce the unacceptable homophobia that's so rampant in our society. There's nothing wrong with being gay, and people need to stop being such fucktards and quit acting like there is.

Phrases like "Oh, that's fucking gay dude! The machine ate my dollar" and "don't be so jewish! Gimme the bigger half" etc. need to stop.

+1

However, you will have difficult making progress with him because he clearly lacks common sense.

Ref: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/...t/news/s_625836.html
holy shit, bro!
Rough catch, Pete.


johnwesely


Oct 7, 2009, 10:14 AM
Post #37 of 98 (787 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [sungam] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, asshole or shitty is fucking low - there are far more descriptive and effective insults or comments to be used that don't reinforce the unacceptable homophobia that's so rampant in our society. There's nothing wrong with being gay, and people need to stop being such fucktards and quit acting like there is.

Phrases like "Oh, that's fucking gay dude! The machine ate my dollar" and "don't be so jewish! Gimme the bigger half" etc. need to stop.

+1

However, you will have difficult making progress with him because he clearly lacks common sense.

Ref: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/...t/news/s_625836.html
holy shit, bro!
Rough catch, Pete.

He must have some very rich and influential parents to have gotten out of that one.


scotty1974


Oct 7, 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #38 of 98 (782 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 30, 2006
Posts: 248

Re: [CrazyPetie] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Internet tough guy huh? ooohhh you called me name...

I usually keep my participation minimal at this site due to trolls like you...I stick to places where people actually like to talk about climbing instead of bashing each other, making threats and generally treating people like shit. I didn't realize having an opinion made me a "queer" or a "whiney bitch". The major reason this site even flourishes anymore is because of the few stellar contributors and the fact that "rock climbing" is in the title.

You probably are a V0- boulderer anyways...


(This post was edited by scotty1974 on Oct 7, 2009, 10:25 AM)


jeepnphreak


Oct 7, 2009, 10:21 AM
Post #39 of 98 (773 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 28, 2008
Posts: 1259

Re: [notapplicable] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well crap, that just ruined my day


johnwesely


Oct 7, 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #40 of 98 (770 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [scotty1974] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

scotty1974 wrote:
Internet tough guy huh? ooohhh you called me name...

I usually keep my participation minimal at this site due to trolls like you...I stick to places where people actually like to talk about climbing instead of bashing each other, make threats and treat people like shit. I didn't realize having an opinion made me a "queer" or a "whiney bitch". The major reason this site even flourishes anymore is because of the few stellar contributors and the fact that "rock climbing" is in the title.

You probably are a V0- boulderer anyways...

He wasn't calling you a name. There was no comma in his post. I think he was asking why you were looking at RC.com at "work queer". What is "work queer"? I have never heard of it.


sungam


Oct 7, 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #41 of 98 (782 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26477

Re: [johnwesely] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
sungam wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, asshole or shitty is fucking low - there are far more descriptive and effective insults or comments to be used that don't reinforce the unacceptable homophobia that's so rampant in our society. There's nothing wrong with being gay, and people need to stop being such fucktards and quit acting like there is.

Phrases like "Oh, that's fucking gay dude! The machine ate my dollar" and "don't be so jewish! Gimme the bigger half" etc. need to stop.

+1

However, you will have difficult making progress with him because he clearly lacks common sense.

Ref: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/...t/news/s_625836.html
holy shit, bro!
Rough catch, Pete.

He must have some very rich and influential parents to have gotten out of that one.
I don't think he did get out of it, didn't he mention over in the "what do you do" thread he's under HA? Either way, he got busted and that sucks, and he said "queer" which also sucks.
Pc++?


scotty1974


Oct 7, 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #42 of 98 (777 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 30, 2006
Posts: 248

Re: [johnwesely] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

 
Ref: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/...t/news/s_625836.html
Ha, no wonder why! How do you find time to pick fights on the internet??


sungam


Oct 7, 2009, 10:39 AM
Post #43 of 98 (761 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26477

Re: [scotty1974] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post


Ha, no wonder why! How do you find time to pick fights on the internet??Well, when under HA I believe there's little else to do.


johnwesely


Oct 7, 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #44 of 98 (758 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [scotty1974] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post


Ha, no wonder why! How do you find time to pick fights on the internet??

It is like anything in life, If you make it your first priority, then you will find time.


kyleshea


Oct 7, 2009, 10:55 AM
Post #45 of 98 (741 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 21, 2006
Posts: 1716

Re: [sungam] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, asshole or shitty is fucking low - there are far more descriptive and effective insults or comments to be used that don't reinforce the unacceptable homophobia that's so rampant in our society. There's nothing wrong with being gay, and people need to stop being such fucktards and quit acting like there is.

Phrases like "Oh, that's fucking gay dude! The machine ate my dollar" and "don't be so jewish! Gimme the bigger half" etc. need to stop.

i think he was calling him queer for looking at the picture.


CrazyPetie


Oct 7, 2009, 11:07 AM
Post #46 of 98 (727 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 31, 2008
Posts: 407

Post deleted by CrazyPetie [In reply to]
Report this Post

 


sungam


Oct 7, 2009, 11:07 AM
Post #47 of 98 (727 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26477

Re: [kyleshea] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kyleshea wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, asshole or shitty is fucking low - there are far more descriptive and effective insults or comments to be used that don't reinforce the unacceptable homophobia that's so rampant in our society. There's nothing wrong with being gay, and people need to stop being such fucktards and quit acting like there is.

Phrases like "Oh, that's fucking gay dude! The machine ate my dollar" and "don't be so jewish! Gimme the bigger half" etc. need to stop.

i think he was calling him queer for looking at the picture.
That doesn't make sense, seeing the insultee was annoyed with the picture, but pete wasn't.


wjca


Oct 7, 2009, 11:07 AM
Post #48 of 98 (727 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 27, 2005
Posts: 7533

Re: [scotty1974] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

scotty1974 wrote:
Internet tough guy huh? ooohhh you called me name...

I usually keep my participation minimal at this site due to trolls like you...I stick to places where people actually like to talk about climbing instead of bashing each other, making threats and generally treating people like shit. I didn't realize having an opinion made me a "queer" or a "whiney bitch". The major reason this site even flourishes anymore is because of the few stellar contributors and the fact that "rock climbing" is in the title.

You probably are a V0- boulderer anyways...


I agree, there's a pretty good climbing discussion going on over here:

http://www.supertopo.com/climbers-forum/779298/southern_yosemite


johnwesely


Oct 7, 2009, 11:14 AM
Post #49 of 98 (713 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [CrazyPetie] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Internet tough guy huh? ooohhh you called me name...

I usually keep my participation minimal at this site due to trolls like you...I stick to places where people actually like to talk about climbing instead of bashing each other, making threats and generally treating people like shit. I didn't realize having an opinion made me a "queer" or a "whiney bitch". The major reason this site even flourishes anymore is because of the few stellar contributors and the fact that "rock climbing" is in the title.

You probably are a V0- boulderer anyways...


Oh i'm so sorry the OP has ruined your day at work for making a funny post! I called you a queer because you are obviously so disturbed by the image that you saw. I dont have a problem with gays, but i thought the term was appropriate in the context.

You wish i was a V0 boulderer buddy.. You live in CO, and i live in PA! I still climb harder then you! thats pathetic.

Yea i got caught growing weed.. On an illegal search and seizure. The news acticle may say that i was on probation, and it also says there was 100+ plants. Both are inacurate. I'm on HA right now, doing my time. Its not stupid to try to make money doing practically nothing and be able to climb everyday in the process. I dont have rich parents to get me out of this situation, the law is treating me like any other petty criminal. Johnwesly, it seems to be YOUR priority to look up my name on google.. You're a bitch. I would never be on this site picking fights if i was free to go climbing.. But i have to entertain myself somehow haha

It sucks that you got busted for a drug crime. That sucks, It really does. The laws are stupid, but that is the way it is. I thought you were on probation at the time, so I assumed you were a giant idiot. I retract my sentiment. I didn't google your name. Someone else posted that. I just like messing with you because you get so worked up. It is kind of cute.


sungam


Oct 7, 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #50 of 98 (712 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26477

Re: [CrazyPetie] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

John isn't a bitch, he's pretty sound - not to mention the inspirational shit he's pulling on a scammer right now (dude, you GOTTA record a phone call!).
Regardless of the situation, calling people gay as an insult implies being gay is bad - I reckon we can do without it.

What was the situation - illegal search?


kyleshea


Oct 7, 2009, 11:20 AM
Post #51 of 98 (995 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 21, 2006
Posts: 1716

Re: [wjca] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Internet tough guy huh? ooohhh you called me name...

I usually keep my participation minimal at this site due to trolls like you...I stick to places where people actually like to talk about climbing instead of bashing each other, making threats and generally treating people like shit. I didn't realize having an opinion made me a "queer" or a "whiney bitch". The major reason this site even flourishes anymore is because of the few stellar contributors and the fact that "rock climbing" is in the title.

You probably are a V0- boulderer anyways...


I agree, there's a pretty good climbing discussion going on over here:

http://www.supertopo.com/climbers-forum/779298/southern_yosemite

i've been missing out this whole time


johnwesely


Oct 7, 2009, 11:20 AM
Post #52 of 98 (995 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [sungam] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

When I get done with the whole thing, I am going to post a complete write up on my blog. Then, the entire world can know the perils of the Nigerian Scam.


CrazyPetie


Oct 7, 2009, 11:31 AM
Post #53 of 98 (977 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 31, 2008
Posts: 407

Re: [johnwesely] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Internet tough guy huh? ooohhh you called me name...

I usually keep my participation minimal at this site due to trolls like you...I stick to places where people actually like to talk about climbing instead of bashing each other, making threats and generally treating people like shit. I didn't realize having an opinion made me a "queer" or a "whiney bitch". The major reason this site even flourishes anymore is because of the few stellar contributors and the fact that "rock climbing" is in the title.

You probably are a V0- boulderer anyways...


Oh i'm so sorry the OP has ruined your day at work for making a funny post! I called you a queer because you are obviously so disturbed by the image that you saw. I dont have a problem with gays, but i thought the term was appropriate in the context.

You wish i was a V0 boulderer buddy.. You live in CO, and i live in PA! I still climb harder then you! thats pathetic.

Yea i got caught growing weed.. On an illegal search and seizure. The news acticle may say that i was on probation, and it also says there was 100+ plants. Both are inacurate. I'm on HA right now, doing my time. Its not stupid to try to make money doing practically nothing and be able to climb everyday in the process. I dont have rich parents to get me out of this situation, the law is treating me like any other petty criminal. Johnwesly, it seems to be YOUR priority to look up my name on google.. You're a bitch. I would never be on this site picking fights if i was free to go climbing.. But i have to entertain myself somehow haha

It sucks that you got busted for a drug crime. That sucks, It really does. The laws are stupid, but that is the way it is. I thought you were on probation at the time, so I assumed you were a giant idiot. I retract my sentiment. I didn't google your name. Someone else posted that. I just like messing with you because you get so worked up. It is kind of cute.

haha thanks man, it means alot when people say that really. I do get a little worked up sometimes but its mostly all in good fun.

The situation was i lived in a college town, and the police there basically dont follow any sort of laws. I had a few people over, drinking, we were all over 21. The police came on a "noise complaint", and said they have to search the house for underagers. So they found my little project in my basement, which was in reality about 40 small plants weighing a total of ~1lb. The media assumed i was on probation because i got charged with possesion a while back but beat it in court. And 100 plants?? they just love to exagerate. I'm confident i will beat these charges, but it just takes time and money at this point. I'm on HA until the trial.


(This post was edited by CrazyPetie on Oct 7, 2009, 11:33 AM)


CrazyPetie


Oct 7, 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #54 of 98 (959 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 31, 2008
Posts: 407

Re: [johnwesely] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

p.s. heres a more accurate article on the bust: http://www.Pittsburghpress.com/may2009/Californiapa/199503/monvalleysweep.html


johnwesely


Oct 7, 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #55 of 98 (954 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [CrazyPetie] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok. That was much more fair and balanced than the other one.


sungam


Oct 7, 2009, 11:52 AM
Post #56 of 98 (940 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26477

Re: [CrazyPetie] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

CrazyPetie wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Internet tough guy huh? ooohhh you called me name...

I usually keep my participation minimal at this site due to trolls like you...I stick to places where people actually like to talk about climbing instead of bashing each other, making threats and generally treating people like shit. I didn't realize having an opinion made me a "queer" or a "whiney bitch". The major reason this site even flourishes anymore is because of the few stellar contributors and the fact that "rock climbing" is in the title.

You probably are a V0- boulderer anyways...


Oh i'm so sorry the OP has ruined your day at work for making a funny post! I called you a queer because you are obviously so disturbed by the image that you saw. I dont have a problem with gays, but i thought the term was appropriate in the context.

You wish i was a V0 boulderer buddy.. You live in CO, and i live in PA! I still climb harder then you! thats pathetic.

Yea i got caught growing weed.. On an illegal search and seizure. The news acticle may say that i was on probation, and it also says there was 100+ plants. Both are inacurate. I'm on HA right now, doing my time. Its not stupid to try to make money doing practically nothing and be able to climb everyday in the process. I dont have rich parents to get me out of this situation, the law is treating me like any other petty criminal. Johnwesly, it seems to be YOUR priority to look up my name on google.. You're a bitch. I would never be on this site picking fights if i was free to go climbing.. But i have to entertain myself somehow haha

It sucks that you got busted for a drug crime. That sucks, It really does. The laws are stupid, but that is the way it is. I thought you were on probation at the time, so I assumed you were a giant idiot. I retract my sentiment. I didn't google your name. Someone else posted that. I just like messing with you because you get so worked up. It is kind of cute.

haha thanks man, it means alot when people say that really. I do get a little worked up sometimes but its mostly all in good fun.

The situation was i lived in a college town, and the police there basically dont follow any sort of laws. I had a few people over, drinking, we were all over 21. The police came on a "noise complaint", and said they have to search the house for underagers. So they found my little project in my basement, which was in reality about 40 small plants weighing a total of ~1lb. The media assumed i was on probation because i got charged with possesion a while back but beat it in court. And 100 plants?? they just love to exagerate. I'm confident i will beat these charges, but it just takes time and money at this point. I'm on HA until the trial.
Shitty. College cops are the worst.
Best of luck on the trial. Drug charges are so bogus. The can bust a kid growing a couple plants in his basement but can't catch a serial child rapist that kidnapped a girl with the same car he had used previously and was seen doing it?
wtf.


(This post was edited by sungam on Oct 7, 2009, 11:57 AM)


DutchOvener


Oct 7, 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #57 of 98 (935 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 6, 2009
Posts: 7

Re: [sungam] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, asshole or shitty is fucking low - there are far more descriptive and effective insults or comments to be used that don't reinforce the unacceptable homophobia that's so rampant in our society. There's nothing wrong with being gay, and people need to stop being such fucktards and quit acting like there is.

Phrases like "Oh, that's fucking gay dude! The machine ate my dollar" and "don't be so jewish! Gimme the bigger half" etc. need to stop.

Do you realize that you're a contradictory bigot? Way to call someone out for using a word that propagates social stigmas and then turn around and use the word fucktard. You're retarded, gay, jewish and hypocritical


kyleshea


Oct 7, 2009, 11:59 AM
Post #58 of 98 (929 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 21, 2006
Posts: 1716

Re: [DutchOvener] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

DutchOvener wrote:
In reply to:
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, asshole or shitty is fucking low - there are far more descriptive and effective insults or comments to be used that don't reinforce the unacceptable homophobia that's so rampant in our society. There's nothing wrong with being gay, and people need to stop being such fucktards and quit acting like there is.

Phrases like "Oh, that's fucking gay dude! The machine ate my dollar" and "don't be so jewish! Gimme the bigger half" etc. need to stop.

Do you realize that you're a contradictory bigot? Way to call someone out for using a word that propagates social stigmas and then turn around and use the word fucktard. You're retarded, gay, jewish and hypocritical

good job haggis, now you've gone and insulted the fucktards, who are evidently a rather vocal group!


sungam


Oct 7, 2009, 12:05 PM
Post #59 of 98 (922 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26477

Re: [kyleshea] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kyleshea wrote:
DutchOvener wrote:
In reply to:
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, asshole or shitty is fucking low - there are far more descriptive and effective insults or comments to be used that don't reinforce the unacceptable homophobia that's so rampant in our society. There's nothing wrong with being gay, and people need to stop being such fucktards and quit acting like there is.

Phrases like "Oh, that's fucking gay dude! The machine ate my dollar" and "don't be so jewish! Gimme the bigger half" etc. need to stop.

Do you realize that you're a contradictory bigot? Way to call someone out for using a word that propagates social stigmas and then turn around and use the word fucktard. You're retarded, gay, jewish and hypocritical

good job haggis, now you've gone and insulted the fucktards, who are evidently a rather vocal group!
LaughLaughLaughLaugh


hansundfritz


Oct 7, 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #60 of 98 (912 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 18, 2008
Posts: 139

Re: [CrazyPetie] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

CrazyPetie wrote:
p.s. heres a more accurate article on the bust: http://www.Pittsburghpress.com/may2009/Californiapa/199503/monvalleysweep.html

Crap. I fell for it twice. I'm a fucktard.


kyleshea


Oct 7, 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #61 of 98 (904 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 21, 2006
Posts: 1716

Re: [hansundfritz] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hansundfritz wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
p.s. heres a more accurate article on the bust: http://www.Pittsburghpress.com/may2009/Californiapa/199503/monvalleysweep.html

Crap. I fell for it twice. I'm a fucktard.

oh, and now you throw it in our faces that fucktards can use the term whenever they want. oh, the injustice...


mojomonkey


Oct 7, 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #62 of 98 (901 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Posts: 837

Re: [sungam] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, asshole or shitty is fucking low - there are far more descriptive and effective insults or comments to be used that don't reinforce the unacceptable homophobia that's so rampant in our society. There's nothing wrong with being gay, and people need to stop being such fucktards and quit acting like there is.

Phrases like "Oh, that's fucking gay dude! The machine ate my dollar" and "don't be so jewish! Gimme the bigger half" etc. need to stop.

Okay, we have a problem. Did you just say whiny little bitch (let's not bullshit, you didn't mean female dog) is better than queer? Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people bitch when you mean prick, asshole or shitty is fucking low - there are far more descriptive and effective insults or comments to be used that don't reinforce the unacceptable misogyny that's so rampant in our society. There's nothing wrong with being bitchy, and people need to stop being such scrotums and quit acting like there is.

Phrases like "I'm going to pull so many bitches in this bitchin' Camaro" etc. need to stop.


kyleshea


Oct 7, 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #63 of 98 (890 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 21, 2006
Posts: 1716

Re: [mojomonkey] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mojomonkey wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, asshole or shitty is fucking low - there are far more descriptive and effective insults or comments to be used that don't reinforce the unacceptable homophobia that's so rampant in our society. There's nothing wrong with being gay, and people need to stop being such fucktards and quit acting like there is.

Phrases like "Oh, that's fucking gay dude! The machine ate my dollar" and "don't be so jewish! Gimme the bigger half" etc. need to stop.

Okay, we have a problem. Did you just say whiny little bitch (let's not bullshit, you didn't mean female dog) is better than queer? Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people bitch when you mean prick, asshole or shitty is fucking low - there are far more descriptive and effective insults or comments to be used that don't reinforce the unacceptable misogyny that's so rampant in our society. There's nothing wrong with being bitchy, and people need to stop being such scrotums and quit acting like there is.

Phrases like "I'm going to pull so many bitches in this bitchin' Camaro" etc. need to stop.

i object to the term bullshit when cows obviously shit as well. also, saying something is lame is a shot at those who have physical disabilities.


kachoong


Oct 7, 2009, 1:08 PM
Post #64 of 98 (877 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 22, 2004
Posts: 15304

Re: [mojomonkey] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Now you see the violence inherent in the system!!

HELP! We're being oppressed!


dynosore


Oct 7, 2009, 1:26 PM
Post #65 of 98 (864 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 29, 2004
Posts: 1758

Re: [kachoong] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!!

HELP! We're being oppressed!

Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
Order, eh -- who does he think he is?
I am your king!
Well, I didn't vote for you


johnwesely


Oct 7, 2009, 1:57 PM
Post #66 of 98 (845 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [dynosore] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This thread has gotten really off topic.


hafilax


Oct 7, 2009, 2:00 PM
Post #67 of 98 (841 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 11, 2007
Posts: 3025

Re: [johnwesely] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
This thread has gotten really off topic.
You really want to continue discussing bearluv? Crazy


pendereki


Oct 7, 2009, 2:05 PM
Post #68 of 98 (837 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 21, 2004
Posts: 321

Re: [hafilax] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hafilax wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
This thread has gotten really off topic.
You really want to continue discussing bearluv? Crazy

No. Now get back off topic.


clausti


Oct 7, 2009, 3:42 PM
Post #69 of 98 (814 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 4, 2004
Posts: 5690

Re: [sungam] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, ...is fucking low

because it's far better to use feminizing terms to be insulting?


camhead


Oct 7, 2009, 3:50 PM
Post #70 of 98 (809 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20656

Re: [clausti] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, ...is fucking low

because it's far better to use feminizing terms to be insulting?

As climbers we really need to realize that we can;t go around calling everything "gay." The ONLY time it is appropriate is when discussing desert corners.


climbingtrash


Oct 7, 2009, 4:43 PM
Post #71 of 98 (793 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 4814

Re: [camhead] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
clausti wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, ...is fucking low

because it's far better to use feminizing terms to be insulting?

As climbers we really need to realize that we can;t go around calling everything "gay." The ONLY time it is appropriate is when discussing desert corners.

Desert corners aren't "gay" they're...GHEY! <the PC way to spell it.


hafilax


Oct 7, 2009, 4:52 PM
Post #72 of 98 (789 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 11, 2007
Posts: 3025

Re: [climbingtrash] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
camhead wrote:
clausti wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, ...is fucking low

because it's far better to use feminizing terms to be insulting?

As climbers we really need to realize that we can;t go around calling everything "gay." The ONLY time it is appropriate is when discussing desert corners.

Desert corners aren't "gay" they're...GHEY! <the PC way to spell it.
Moore like PC++ way to speel it.


shimanilami


Oct 7, 2009, 5:15 PM
Post #73 of 98 (783 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 24, 2006
Posts: 2042

Re: [notapplicable] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I say, "Live and let live." Gay. Straight. Whatever floats your boat, dude.

When did you snap that photo?


climbingtrash


Oct 7, 2009, 8:25 PM
Post #74 of 98 (745 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 4814

Re: [shimanilami] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shimanilami wrote:
I say, "Live and let live." Gay. Straight. Whatever floats your boat, dude.

When did you snap that photo?

A comment like that makes it sound like yur just 'bout ready to come outta the closet. I think there's a thread in the Announcements forum on here just for that...

http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.anouncements.cgi?forum=73;


sungam


Oct 8, 2009, 4:17 AM
Post #75 of 98 (735 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26477

Re: [clausti] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, ...is fucking low

because it's far better to use feminizing terms to be insulting?
Well, I guess that's a fair point, but do you think that the phrase "bitch" is actually insulting someone by saying they're like a girl?
Is the phrase "bitching and moaning" actually saying "acting like a girl and complaining"?
I think not, but if you take it that way I'll try to reduce my use of it, 'cuz I don't really want to get run over next time I'm at the red.


sungam


Oct 8, 2009, 4:38 AM
Post #76 of 98 (805 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26477

Re: [climbingtrash] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I can has ptftw?


clausti


Oct 8, 2009, 5:03 AM
Post #77 of 98 (800 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 4, 2004
Posts: 5690

Re: [sungam] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
clausti wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, ...is fucking low

because it's far better to use feminizing terms to be insulting?
Well, I guess that's a fair point, but do you think that the phrase "bitch" is actually insulting someone by saying they're like a girl?
Is the phrase "bitching and moaning" actually saying "acting like a girl and complaining"?
I think not, but if you take it that way I'll try to reduce my use of it, 'cuz I don't really want to get run over next time I'm at the red.

"acting like a weak female and complaining," "acting like an annoying female because females talk too much and running your mouth and complaining." yes, i do think that the term bitch is putting down by comparison with females.

you can intend whatever you want when you say things. but it's just pretty rich to suggest that someone with the intent to be insulting substitute a feminizing term and that that's better than saying gay=derogatory. homophobia and misogyny have the same contempt at their root.


sungam


Oct 8, 2009, 5:07 AM
Post #78 of 98 (796 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26477

Re: [clausti] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
sungam wrote:
clausti wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, ...is fucking low

because it's far better to use feminizing terms to be insulting?
Well, I guess that's a fair point, but do you think that the phrase "bitch" is actually insulting someone by saying they're like a girl?
Is the phrase "bitching and moaning" actually saying "acting like a girl and complaining"?
I think not, but if you take it that way I'll try to reduce my use of it, 'cuz I don't really want to get run over next time I'm at the red.

"acting like a weak female and complaining," "acting like an annoying female because females talk too much and running your mouth and complaining." yes, i do think that the term bitch is putting down by comparison with females.

you can intend whatever you want when you say things. but it's just pretty rich to suggest that someone with the intent to be insulting substitute a feminizing term and that that's better than saying gay=derogatory. homophobia and misogyny have the same contempt at their root.
I see what you're saying, I just never viewed the root of the word bitch as a girl who complains to much.
But then again, I don't know of any of my female friends who were disowned by their parents or who had the shit beaten out of them just because they were a girl.
I do see what you're saying, but I don't see bitch as quite the same as faggot etc.


clausti


Oct 8, 2009, 5:30 AM
Post #79 of 98 (793 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 4, 2004
Posts: 5690

Re: [sungam] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
clausti wrote:
sungam wrote:
clausti wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, ...is fucking low

because it's far better to use feminizing terms to be insulting?
Well, I guess that's a fair point, but do you think that the phrase "bitch" is actually insulting someone by saying they're like a girl?
Is the phrase "bitching and moaning" actually saying "acting like a girl and complaining"?
I think not, but if you take it that way I'll try to reduce my use of it, 'cuz I don't really want to get run over next time I'm at the red.

"acting like a weak female and complaining," "acting like an annoying female because females talk too much and running your mouth and complaining." yes, i do think that the term bitch is putting down by comparison with females.

you can intend whatever you want when you say things. but it's just pretty rich to suggest that someone with the intent to be insulting substitute a feminizing term and that that's better than saying gay=derogatory. homophobia and misogyny have the same contempt at their root.
I see what you're saying, I just never viewed the root of the word bitch as a girl who complains to much.
But then again, I don't know of any of my female friends who were disowned by their parents or who had the shit beaten out of them just because they were a girl.
I do see what you're saying, but I don't see bitch as quite the same as faggot etc.

first, i don't think the term "bitch" is "the same as" the term "faggot." and that's not what i said. and that's not even what you were disagreeing with. i agree with you that faggot is worse. but what you were ranting against was the term "gay" as an insult. and i gotta say, i think "gay" as an insult and terms like "pussy" or "bitch" are about the same in terms of badness.

and i'm glad you don't know anyone who's been disowned by their parents or beaten for being a girl. but there are still many places in this world where pregnancies of female fetuses are selectively aborted because fuck that who wants to have a girl. and where girls are sold into sex slavery because, even if you do have the baby, girl children are still worthless and at least that way she'll make some money.

i'm not going to argue with you here about whether or not misogyny or discrimination against women still exists. the 77 cents women make for every dollar a man does in the same job would suggest that it does. and the fact that you and hundreds of millions of other people still think nothing of intending to demean other men by calling them women says that it does.


but the original point is that misogyny and homophobia have the same hate and contempt at their roots. so it really doesn't do any good to replace "gay" with "bitch."


sungam


Oct 8, 2009, 5:41 AM
Post #80 of 98 (790 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26477

Re: [clausti] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
sungam wrote:
clausti wrote:
sungam wrote:
clausti wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, ...is fucking low

because it's far better to use feminizing terms to be insulting?
Well, I guess that's a fair point, but do you think that the phrase "bitch" is actually insulting someone by saying they're like a girl?
Is the phrase "bitching and moaning" actually saying "acting like a girl and complaining"?
I think not, but if you take it that way I'll try to reduce my use of it, 'cuz I don't really want to get run over next time I'm at the red.

"acting like a weak female and complaining," "acting like an annoying female because females talk too much and running your mouth and complaining." yes, i do think that the term bitch is putting down by comparison with females.

you can intend whatever you want when you say things. but it's just pretty rich to suggest that someone with the intent to be insulting substitute a feminizing term and that that's better than saying gay=derogatory. homophobia and misogyny have the same contempt at their root.
I see what you're saying, I just never viewed the root of the word bitch as a girl who complains to much.
But then again, I don't know of any of my female friends who were disowned by their parents or who had the shit beaten out of them just because they were a girl.
I do see what you're saying, but I don't see bitch as quite the same as faggot etc.

first, i don't think the term "bitch" is "the same as" the term "faggot." and that's not what i said. and that's not even what you were disagreeing with. i agree with you that faggot is worse. but what you were ranting against was the term "gay" as an insult. and i gotta say, i think "gay" as an insult and terms like "pussy" or "bitch" are about the same in terms of badness.

and i'm glad you don't know anyone who's been disowned by their parents or beaten for being a girl. but there are still many places in this world where pregnancies of female fetuses are selectively aborted because fuck that who wants to have a girl. and where girls are sold into sex slavery because, even if you do have the baby, girl children are still worthless and at least that way she'll make some money.

i'm not going to argue with you here about whether or not misogyny or discrimination against women still exists. the 77 cents women make for every dollar a man does in the same job would suggest that it does. and the fact that you and hundreds of millions of other people still think nothing of intending to demean other men by calling them women says that it does.


but the original point is that misogyny and homophobia have the same hate and contempt at their roots. so it really doesn't do any good to replace "gay" with "bitch."
The more I think about it, the more I think you have a point - though it pains me to admit it.
The reason I was on the crusade against the whole "gay" thing recently is due to the shock I got from some of the people I met on my trip who were perfectly nice people, but completely homophobic, and real jerks about it.


johnwesely


Oct 8, 2009, 6:32 AM
Post #81 of 98 (785 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [sungam] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You know, I think Bearluv has taught us all a very valuable lesson today.




kachoong


Oct 8, 2009, 6:46 AM
Post #82 of 98 (780 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 22, 2004
Posts: 15304

Re: [johnwesely] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
You know, I think Bearluv has taught us all a very valuable lesson today.

That this thread is retarded? ....sorry... disabled... errr... mentally challenged?


sungam


Oct 8, 2009, 6:52 AM
Post #83 of 98 (772 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26477

Re: [kachoong] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
You know, I think Bearluv has taught us all a very valuable lesson today.

That this thread is retarded? ....sorry... disabled... errr... mentally challenged?
Uh-oh...


johnwesely


Oct 8, 2009, 6:52 AM
Post #84 of 98 (772 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [clausti] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:

first, i don't think the term "bitch" is "the same as" the term "faggot." and that's not what i said. and that's not even what you were disagreeing with. i agree with you that faggot is worse. but what you were ranting against was the term "gay" as an insult. and i gotta say, i think "gay" as an insult and terms like "pussy" or "bitch" are about the same in terms of badness.

and i'm glad you don't know anyone who's been disowned by their parents or beaten for being a girl. but there are still many places in this world where pregnancies of female fetuses are selectively aborted because fuck that who wants to have a girl. and where girls are sold into sex slavery because, even if you do have the baby, girl children are still worthless and at least that way she'll make some money.

i'm not going to argue with you here about whether or not misogyny or discrimination against women still exists. the 77 cents women make for every dollar a man does in the same job would suggest that it does. and the fact that you and hundreds of millions of other people still think nothing of intending to demean other men by calling them women says that it does.


but the original point is that misogyny and homophobia have the same hate and contempt at their roots. so it really doesn't do any good to replace "gay" with "bitch."

I really don't think bitch used in that context is actually demeaning towards women. In my experience the word is used more as a chastisement towards those who step out of their prescribed gender roles. If a girl acts too masculine, then she is called a bitch. If a guy acts too feminine, then he is called a bitch.


camhead


Oct 8, 2009, 7:00 AM
Post #85 of 98 (767 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20656

Re: [johnwesely] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:

I really don't think bitch used in that context is actually demeaning towards women. In my experience the word is used more as a chastisement towards those who step out of their prescribed gender roles. If a girl acts too masculine, then she is called a bitch. If a guy acts too feminine, then he is called a bitch.

Yup. And an abandonment of perceived gender roles is at the root of homophobia. Which goes back to supporting clausti's original point.


CrazyPetie


Oct 8, 2009, 9:38 AM
Post #86 of 98 (742 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 31, 2008
Posts: 407

Re: [johnwesely] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
clausti wrote:

first, i don't think the term "bitch" is "the same as" the term "faggot." and that's not what i said. and that's not even what you were disagreeing with. i agree with you that faggot is worse. but what you were ranting against was the term "gay" as an insult. and i gotta say, i think "gay" as an insult and terms like "pussy" or "bitch" are about the same in terms of badness.

and i'm glad you don't know anyone who's been disowned by their parents or beaten for being a girl. but there are still many places in this world where pregnancies of female fetuses are selectively aborted because fuck that who wants to have a girl. and where girls are sold into sex slavery because, even if you do have the baby, girl children are still worthless and at least that way she'll make some money.

i'm not going to argue with you here about whether or not misogyny or discrimination against women still exists. the 77 cents women make for every dollar a man does in the same job would suggest that it does. and the fact that you and hundreds of millions of other people still think nothing of intending to demean other men by calling them women says that it does.


but the original point is that misogyny and homophobia have the same hate and contempt at their roots. so it really doesn't do any good to replace "gay" with "bitch."

I really don't think bitch used in that context is actually demeaning towards women. In my experience the word is used more as a chastisement towards those who step out of their prescribed gender roles. If a girl acts too masculine, then she is called a bitch. If a guy acts too feminine, then he is called a bitch.

I call people bitches regardless of their gender, it all depends if they are a bitch or not. Then again, i'm not very PC+++!!!@@11. So Fuck bitches, get money.

"I'm just callin you bitches because i dont know your names personally.." - katt williams


johnwesely


Oct 8, 2009, 10:14 AM
Post #87 of 98 (726 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [CrazyPetie] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

CrazyPetie wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
clausti wrote:

first, i don't think the term "bitch" is "the same as" the term "faggot." and that's not what i said. and that's not even what you were disagreeing with. i agree with you that faggot is worse. but what you were ranting against was the term "gay" as an insult. and i gotta say, i think "gay" as an insult and terms like "pussy" or "bitch" are about the same in terms of badness.

and i'm glad you don't know anyone who's been disowned by their parents or beaten for being a girl. but there are still many places in this world where pregnancies of female fetuses are selectively aborted because fuck that who wants to have a girl. and where girls are sold into sex slavery because, even if you do have the baby, girl children are still worthless and at least that way she'll make some money.

i'm not going to argue with you here about whether or not misogyny or discrimination against women still exists. the 77 cents women make for every dollar a man does in the same job would suggest that it does. and the fact that you and hundreds of millions of other people still think nothing of intending to demean other men by calling them women says that it does.


but the original point is that misogyny and homophobia have the same hate and contempt at their roots. so it really doesn't do any good to replace "gay" with "bitch."

I really don't think bitch used in that context is actually demeaning towards women. In my experience the word is used more as a chastisement towards those who step out of their prescribed gender roles. If a girl acts too masculine, then she is called a bitch. If a guy acts too feminine, then he is called a bitch.

I call people bitches regardless of their gender, it all depends if they are a bitch or not. Then again, i'm not very PC+++!!!@@11. So Fuck bitches, get money.

"I'm just callin you bitches because i dont know your names personally.." - katt williams

That was some very enlightened discourse Peter.


sungam


Oct 8, 2009, 10:14 AM
Post #88 of 98 (725 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26477

Re: [johnwesely] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

LaughLaughLaugh John is on fiyah!


CrazyPetie


Oct 8, 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #89 of 98 (700 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 31, 2008
Posts: 407

Re: [johnwesely] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
That was some very enlightened discourse Peter.

Hey i try. I think when a girl acts too masculine tho, we call her a Butch. What will the femenists have to say about that i wonder.


dr_feelgood


Oct 8, 2009, 1:38 PM
Post #90 of 98 (681 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25628

Re: [clausti] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
sungam wrote:
clausti wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, ...is fucking low

because it's far better to use feminizing terms to be insulting?
Well, I guess that's a fair point, but do you think that the phrase "bitch" is actually insulting someone by saying they're like a girl?
Is the phrase "bitching and moaning" actually saying "acting like a girl and complaining"?
I think not, but if you take it that way I'll try to reduce my use of it, 'cuz I don't really want to get run over next time I'm at the red.

"acting like a weak female and complaining," "acting like an annoying female because females talk too much and running your mouth and complaining." yes, i do think that the term bitch is putting down by comparison with females.

you can intend whatever you want when you say things. but it's just pretty rich to suggest that someone with the intent to be insulting substitute a feminizing term and that that's better than saying gay=derogatory. homophobia and misogyny have the same contempt at their root.

Never attempt to justify yourself to a feminist. You end up losing. Just don't say stupid shit around them.


erisspirit


Oct 8, 2009, 4:33 PM
Post #91 of 98 (666 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2004
Posts: 3739

Re: [sungam] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
kachoong wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
You know, I think Bearluv has taught us all a very valuable lesson today.

That this thread is retarded? ....sorry... disabled... errr... mentally challenged?
Uh-oh...

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


Partner angry


Oct 10, 2009, 6:27 AM
Post #92 of 98 (635 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 21, 2003
Posts: 8405

Re: [sungam] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.theonion.com/...oking_ads_warn_teens


notapplicable


Oct 10, 2009, 11:31 AM
Post #93 of 98 (625 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17752

Re: [angry] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I once offered a coworker a cigar and he declined explaining that "it ain't right for a man to hold anything bigger than a cigarette in his mouth". [True story]

I think the CDC's theory here is one of escalation. Once you get used to holding a cigarette in your mouth, you're all the more likely to take up cigars and after walking around with something so phalic between your lips, it's not much of a leap to start slobbin the old knob.

It just kind of sneaks up on ya. Faggotry is trixy like that.


(This post was edited by notapplicable on Oct 10, 2009, 11:32 AM)


wanderlustmd


Oct 10, 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #94 of 98 (620 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 24, 2006
Posts: 8149

Re: [blueeyedclimber] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

blueeyedclimber wrote:
NOT FUNNY!!!!
On the contrary, that was hilarious.


climbingtrash


Oct 10, 2009, 6:29 PM
Post #95 of 98 (606 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 4814

Re: [notapplicable] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
I once offered a coworker a cigar and he declined explaining that "it ain't right for a man to hold anything bigger than a cigarette in his mouth". [True story]

I think the CDC's theory here is one of escalation. Once you get used to holding a cigarette in your mouth, you're all the more likely to take up cigars and after walking around with something so phalic between your lips, it's not much of a leap to start slobbin the old knob.

It just kind of sneaks up on ya. Faggotry is trixy like that.

I feel the same way about really big hot dogs/brats...I'll turn those things down every time because I'm just too cockaphobic.


notapplicable


Oct 10, 2009, 10:09 PM
Post #96 of 98 (599 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17752

Re: [climbingtrash] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
I once offered a coworker a cigar and he declined explaining that "it ain't right for a man to hold anything bigger than a cigarette in his mouth". [True story]

I think the CDC's theory here is one of escalation. Once you get used to holding a cigarette in your mouth, you're all the more likely to take up cigars and after walking around with something so phalic between your lips, it's not much of a leap to start slobbin the old knob.

It just kind of sneaks up on ya. Faggotry is trixy like that.

I feel the same way about really big hot dogs/brats...I'll turn those things down every time because I'm just too cockaphobic.

Caught a glimpse of yourself eating one in a mirror at some point in the past eh?


notapplicable


Oct 10, 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #97 of 98 (597 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17752

Re: [notapplicable] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes, thats right guys. The image of you eat a hotdog is very reminiscent of that girl in your favorite porn when shes stuffing her mouth full of fat cock

Also, there's a fair chance Bob from advertising is getting turned on watching out do it.

Sorry.


(This post was edited by notapplicable on Oct 11, 2009, 8:43 AM)


climbingtrash


Oct 11, 2009, 6:35 AM
Post #98 of 98 (589 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 4814

Re: [notapplicable] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
I once offered a coworker a cigar and he declined explaining that "it ain't right for a man to hold anything bigger than a cigarette in his mouth". [True story]

I think the CDC's theory here is one of escalation. Once you get used to holding a cigarette in your mouth, you're all the more likely to take up cigars and after walking around with something so phalic between your lips, it's not much of a leap to start slobbin the old knob.

It just kind of sneaks up on ya. Faggotry is trixy like that.

I feel the same way about really big hot dogs/brats...I'll turn those things down every time because I'm just too cockaphobic.

Caught a glimpse of yourself eating one in a mirror at some point in the past eh?

Sumpthin' 'bout puttin' yur lips around that much meat...feelz disturbing on a cellular level.


Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook