Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 3887 3888 3889 3890 3891 3892 3893 3894 3895 ... 4117 Next page Last page  View All


camhead


Feb 12, 2013, 8:23 AM
Post #97251 of 102908 (1189 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20704

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In other PC++ gnus, just got an email from Dave at Wolverine, I guess that I get a free RRG guidebook because of my guidebook-baldspot-gloriez on WTFOK. Woo! Too bad it's only for the northern region, but now I'll know all the quality sekrit nature gullies to go chosshiking in.


camhead


Feb 12, 2013, 8:25 AM
Post #97252 of 102908 (1187 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20704

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Woo! Inadvertant PTFTMFWMF!


camhead


Feb 12, 2013, 8:25 AM
Post #97253 of 102908 (1187 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20704

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Won mohr bult should dew it.


lena_chita
Moderator

Feb 12, 2013, 8:30 AM
Post #97254 of 102908 (1187 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5584

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
Went to gym last night. The hangboarding is winding up, since I most definitely peaked (at 50 lbs, WOO!) last week. Now would be the time to jump on the campus board, but it's just too risky. The worst thing to do would be to fall, and land directly on the bottom of the left foot.

Teh gimpfoot is still in an aircast, but I am walking around a bit, and have moved toward doing some actual climbing. Can't do any toeing in with the aircast, since that would put a lot of strain on the Lispaul joint. So, mostly, I am sticking to really steep stuff that I just climb with one foot ('m using the Arrowhead that Jack sent me last year for my right foot).

Feeling really good actually. I set several porbelms that suit the one footedness, and I even have a bit of power in me, and can deadpoint, dyno, deep cross over to pretty small holds. Feet cut a lot, but I'm feeling really strong on the crimps and even some slopey pinches. Also getting good at falling onto my back, instead of my feet.

The one problem is that, since my feet cut every few moves as I try to reset the right foot, I REALLY get worn out fast. So, volume is suffering. I'm just hoping that will build up my endurance enough that I will feel stronger and better endurance as soon as I can use both feet.

May try to re-prodge Apollo Reed this spring, since it has very few hard left foot moves. That would be awesome.


Nice! I can't imagine that putting climbing shoes on the gimpfoot will be pleasant for quite some time, so are you planning to climb in approach shoe on the gimpfoot, once the aircast is off, or are you going to try the climbing shoes?

And btw, don't forget, there is spring season at the RED, and you have committed to it.

Hmm, spring season at the Red... hard to say, Lena, hard to say.

I'm not sure how putting climbing shoes on it going to be. I'm optimistic about it after we pull the pins (and count to three?) in early March. I have a few old shoes that are a bit bigger and stiffer that I can start on, and even the Arrowheads are about 1/2 size big for me, so will probably get a great getting-back-into-it boot for the steeps.

Feeling cautiously optimistic, though. Probably not gonna be a great Endless Wall season, but I think steep sport will be good. Due to the nature of the injury, I'll probably be doing as much heelhooking as possible with the left.

I asked the Doc about climbing, and he clearly did not get how shoes work, since he said that he could give me a metal shank to put inside the shoes for more support.

LOL, metal shank for inside of the climbing shoes!

Still, may not be so off. Didn't Gail get carbon inserts into her climbing shoes after her toe surgery? Obviously, completely different injury, but...

Hmm, I should ask Gail about that. My toes, obviously are ok, but the fact that the joint where the upper foot meets the leg got obliterated is a major variable. And, whenever I curve my toes into the downturned position, they shake and spasm involuntarily. No clue.

yeah, I am thinking that you need more of an ankle-support type thing, like the one I wore after I sprained my ankle a couple of years back?

Something like this, bc it extends over the top of your foot/arch, and offers stability/protection?

http://www.footsmart.com/...pla-adid^23714743447

Those things you can wear inside your shoes, supposedly, and it worked well with just regular shoes, but with the climbing shoes I actually wore this thing on TOP of the climbing shoe.

I think the toe spasming/shaking will go away. I had that after the disc injury, too, and again after the ankle got hurt, but not anymore. That's a large part of why I stayed with my Sirens instead of getting more down-turned shoes though.


lena_chita
Moderator

Feb 12, 2013, 8:34 AM
Post #97255 of 102908 (1186 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5584

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
In other PC++ gnus, just got an email from Dave at Wolverine, I guess that I get a free RRG guidebook because of my guidebook-baldspot-gloriez on WTFOK. Woo! Too bad it's only for the northern region, but now I'll know all the quality sekrit nature gullies to go chosshiking in.


Nice!


lena_chita
Moderator

Feb 12, 2013, 8:38 AM
Post #97256 of 102908 (1184 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5584

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
In other PC++ gnus, just got an email from Dave at Wolverine, I guess that I get a free RRG guidebook because of my guidebook-baldspot-gloriez on WTFOK. Woo! Too bad it's only for the northern region, but now I'll know all the quality sekrit nature gullies to go chosshiking in.


Nice!

I am surprised that they are giving a gnu guidebook to YOU and not to Tristan, but in case they do give one to him, also, I volunteer to keep it for him... until he visits the states again. Only until then. And if by then there is the 5th edition of the guidebook... oh well.

I wonder if banz gets one guidebook for every photo, or just one, period. Maybe I can bum one off of him. Wink


camhead


Feb 12, 2013, 8:39 AM
Post #97257 of 102908 (1184 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20704

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
In other PC++ gnus, just got an email from Dave at Wolverine, I guess that I get a free RRG guidebook because of my guidebook-baldspot-gloriez on WTFOK. Woo! Too bad it's only for the northern region, but now I'll know all the quality sekrit nature gullies to go chosshiking in.


Nice!

Oh, and for those who are not on facespace, climb2core posted this quality photochop work:




lena_chita
Moderator

Feb 12, 2013, 8:53 AM
Post #97258 of 102908 (1180 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5584

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
In other PC++ gnus, just got an email from Dave at Wolverine, I guess that I get a free RRG guidebook because of my guidebook-baldspot-gloriez on WTFOK. Woo! Too bad it's only for the northern region, but now I'll know all the quality sekrit nature gullies to go chosshiking in.


Nice!

Oh, and for those who are not on facespace, climb2core posted this quality photochop work:



That's way more than the "bald spot" on your head. it is more of a Star-Trek level alienness.


camhead


Feb 12, 2013, 9:05 AM
Post #97259 of 102908 (1176 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20704

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
In other PC++ gnus, just got an email from Dave at Wolverine, I guess that I get a free RRG guidebook because of my guidebook-baldspot-gloriez on WTFOK. Woo! Too bad it's only for the northern region, but now I'll know all the quality sekrit nature gullies to go chosshiking in.


Nice!

Oh, and for those who are not on facespace, climb2core posted this quality photochop work:

[image]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-w3Y1wK8aCbo/URpwM9WBFkI/AAAAAAAABd4/tvtOaDs66BM/s512/baldwtok.jpg[/image]


That's way more than the "bald spot" on your head. it is more of a Star-Trek level alienness.

Greetings earthlings. I come from the planet Latex-Foreheadia to climb your cracks. I demand polyester jumpsuits as tribute.


snoopy138


Feb 12, 2013, 9:44 AM
Post #97260 of 102908 (1172 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28727

Re: [climbs4fun] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbs4fun wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
macherry wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
I haz to somehow average 15 posts a day for the next month or so. So you bitches need to entahtainz me to make it easier. that is awl

i think i'll be in vegas first week in june


drinks are on me

Ewe should check out Fire Fly. Teh Cucumber Martoonies are grate!

Yummmmmmm Tapas and Sangria

So we were there in December for NFR and my Mom and Grandma were in town fore a couple of days. They want to meet us fore diner, we already have plans to go to Fire Fly with some friends. On teh phone my Mom asks wut kind of restaurant it is, I say Tapas. She replies, Topless? I don't think yore Grandmother and I want to go to a Topless restaurant...*phace palm*

Teh bacon-wrapped dates were suprizingly gud.

Most people have that response. The curse of being in Vegas.


Why is it a surprise? Dates are shit, but everything is good wrapped in Bacon. Well, most things. No need for comment from the peanut gallery (cough cough doc)
I don't know what you are talking about. Dates are delicious.

yes, this is kerect.

Nope. Your wrong

yeah, no. that shit is mad tasty.


snoopy138


Feb 12, 2013, 9:45 AM
Post #97261 of 102908 (1170 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28727

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
In an orgy of consumerism, went to teh pattagucci outlet in dillon yesterday for their 40% off already stupid cheap shit sale. Got a gnu florescent blue r1 hoody and a pair of hideous (drivel would be proud) board shorts of orange and blue houndstooth.

Nice!

When I got back from my run yesterday morning the shop owner told everyone that clinic members would get 45% off all tops in the store. The next half hour was an orgy of female shoppers stripping down to their sport bras trying on various shirts.

hopefully there was no renob around

Bewbs! LIbertarianism! Massive offense taken!
did I tell you gheys someone suggested I buy renobs house for him so he could move to the mid west to live with his favorite bewbs of all?

yeah. I'd be scared of what I might find their.


snoopy138


Feb 12, 2013, 9:46 AM
Post #97262 of 102908 (1167 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28727

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
In an orgy of consumerism, went to teh pattagucci outlet in dillon yesterday for their 40% off already stupid cheap shit sale. Got a gnu florescent blue r1 hoody and a pair of hideous (drivel would be proud) board shorts of orange and blue houndstooth.

Nice!

When I got back from my run yesterday morning the shop owner told everyone that clinic members would get 45% off all tops in the store. The next half hour was an orgy of female shoppers stripping down to their sport bras trying on various shirts.

hopefully there was no renob around

Bewbs! LIbertarianism! Massive offense taken!
did I tell you gheys someone suggested I buy renobs house for him so he could move to the mid west to live with his favorite bewbs of all?
Not that I recall. Maybe you should tell...

yore GU is weke.


snoopy138


Feb 12, 2013, 9:48 AM
Post #97263 of 102908 (1165 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28727

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
In an orgy of consumerism, went to teh pattagucci outlet in dillon yesterday for their 40% off already stupid cheap shit sale. Got a gnu florescent blue r1 hoody and a pair of hideous (drivel would be proud) board shorts of orange and blue houndstooth.

Pictures, or it didn't happen!

ask and ye shall receive.

ICT.


Just wow!
Don't CT mah consumerizt Gloriez!

ICT!!!! ICT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dr_feelgood/gnuclothes.jpg[/IMG]

gnu sanjaya? it's much better, because yore fase is covered. and because CI's fase is not involved.


camhead


Feb 12, 2013, 9:48 AM
Post #97264 of 102908 (1163 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20704

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
macherry wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
I haz to somehow average 15 posts a day for the next month or so. So you bitches need to entahtainz me to make it easier. that is awl

i think i'll be in vegas first week in june


drinks are on me

Ewe should check out Fire Fly. Teh Cucumber Martoonies are grate!

Yummmmmmm Tapas and Sangria

So we were there in December for NFR and my Mom and Grandma were in town fore a couple of days. They want to meet us fore diner, we already have plans to go to Fire Fly with some friends. On teh phone my Mom asks wut kind of restaurant it is, I say Tapas. She replies, Topless? I don't think yore Grandmother and I want to go to a Topless restaurant...*phace palm*

Teh bacon-wrapped dates were suprizingly gud.

Most people have that response. The curse of being in Vegas.


Why is it a surprise? Dates are shit, but everything is good wrapped in Bacon. Well, most things. No need for comment from the peanut gallery (cough cough doc)
I don't know what you are talking about. Dates are delicious.

yes, this is kerect.

Nope. Your wrong

yeah, no. that shit is mad tasty.

Bacon dates would be good. I like all forms of dates. One of Banz's former muses is a rawr vegan, who I think gets like 50% of her daily calories from dates. She orders them by the flat case. It's always rad staying with her in Chatt, because we can eat ourselves sick on them.


snoopy138


Feb 12, 2013, 9:49 AM
Post #97265 of 102908 (1163 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28727

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
epoch wrote:
camhead wrote:
epoch wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Man, I haven't had such a lazy Sunday in ages! Feels good to be lazy once in a while. Made some progress on my jean quilt. it would be nice to finally have it done, bc my "design board" is my bedroom floor.

Went to the gym this afternoon to do some wall stripping and setting. The request was for a "hard" route. It is difficult for me to gauge the grade while setting, and it has happened more than once that i have planned to make a hard route and ended up with a moderate that requires some tweaking to "harden"
it. So I finish setting, and ask a guy to give me a catch. Run though the route, it turned out really nice, flows well, but I think, maybe not quite hard, maybe hard minus... Which in our gym-speak corresponds to ~11b/c.

Meanwhile, a visiting guy has been walking circles around the construction cones, dying to try this new route. So he get's on it, and falls on the 1st move. And 3rd move, and 5th move, and 6th move... you get the idea. Comes down and pronounces it to be a "solid 5.12, really sustained, one hard move after another". Not sure, if you can call a 25ft climb a sustained anything, but... heh! Another guy gets on it, same thing... apparently it is harder than I thought. They both like the route, at least that much is good. But now I am wondering if my difficulty gauge really needs recalibrating, or if I had just set one of those "easy-for-people-between-4'10"-and-5'2"-difficult-for-everyone-else" routes.

Grading gym routes. Such a fun exercise!

We have the setters post up what they think the route is/should be, then go 1-2 letters above and below and have check-boxes next to the grades. After a week, the highest grade is set and that's what the route is graded. Keeps routes appropriately graded.

I think that gym routes should go through double-blind peer review processes for grading. Actually, that should go for outside routes, too. It really is the only sensible option.
It works really well and you know what you're getting on when you get on it.

Maybe works for a large gym, but too much hassle in a gym like ours. Having setters initial and date the climbs they set is as much of an effort as we are able to consistently enforce.

For a hard climb, there might not be enough people to give a grade opinion consensus on it for a few weeks. And by then, every person who has any business being on the route has already tried the route and formed his/her own opinion that is not going to change, no matter what everyone else says.

besides, what's the worst thing that is going to happen if you attempt to toprope a climb that is too hard? Nothing is hurtzed, other than dignitteh, tendons, and butts.

And the cheesetitties?

looked like a standard edit to me.


camhead


Feb 12, 2013, 9:54 AM
Post #97266 of 102908 (1157 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20704

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
In an orgy of consumerism, went to teh pattagucci outlet in dillon yesterday for their 40% off already stupid cheap shit sale. Got a gnu florescent blue r1 hoody and a pair of hideous (drivel would be proud) board shorts of orange and blue houndstooth.

Pictures, or it didn't happen!
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dr_feelgood/gnuclothes.jpg[/IMG]
ask and ye shall receive.

ICT.


Just wow!
Don't CT mah consumerizt Gloriez!

ICT!!!! ICT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dr_feelgood/gnuclothes.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dr_feelgood/gnuclothes.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dr_feelgood/gnuclothes.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dr_feelgood/gnuclothes.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dr_feelgood/gnuclothes.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dr_feelgood/gnuclothes.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dr_feelgood/gnuclothes.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dr_feelgood/gnuclothes.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dr_feelgood/gnuclothes.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dr_feelgood/gnuclothes.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dr_feelgood/gnuclothes.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dr_feelgood/gnuclothes.jpg[/IMG]

gnu sanjaya? it's much better, because yore fase is covered. and because CI's fase is not involved.

ICT, but yeah, this pic kneads to be on the front page.


camhead


Feb 12, 2013, 9:56 AM
Post #97267 of 102908 (1157 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20704

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
epoch wrote:
camhead wrote:
epoch wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Man, I haven't had such a lazy Sunday in ages! Feels good to be lazy once in a while. Made some progress on my jean quilt. it would be nice to finally have it done, bc my "design board" is my bedroom floor.

Went to the gym this afternoon to do some wall stripping and setting. The request was for a "hard" route. It is difficult for me to gauge the grade while setting, and it has happened more than once that i have planned to make a hard route and ended up with a moderate that requires some tweaking to "harden"
it. So I finish setting, and ask a guy to give me a catch. Run though the route, it turned out really nice, flows well, but I think, maybe not quite hard, maybe hard minus... Which in our gym-speak corresponds to ~11b/c.

Meanwhile, a visiting guy has been walking circles around the construction cones, dying to try this new route. So he get's on it, and falls on the 1st move. And 3rd move, and 5th move, and 6th move... you get the idea. Comes down and pronounces it to be a "solid 5.12, really sustained, one hard move after another". Not sure, if you can call a 25ft climb a sustained anything, but... heh! Another guy gets on it, same thing... apparently it is harder than I thought. They both like the route, at least that much is good. But now I am wondering if my difficulty gauge really needs recalibrating, or if I had just set one of those "easy-for-people-between-4'10"-and-5'2"-difficult-for-everyone-else" routes.

Grading gym routes. Such a fun exercise!

We have the setters post up what they think the route is/should be, then go 1-2 letters above and below and have check-boxes next to the grades. After a week, the highest grade is set and that's what the route is graded. Keeps routes appropriately graded.

I think that gym routes should go through double-blind peer review processes for grading. Actually, that should go for outside routes, too. It really is the only sensible option.
It works really well and you know what you're getting on when you get on it.

Maybe works for a large gym, but too much hassle in a gym like ours. Having setters initial and date the climbs they set is as much of an effort as we are able to consistently enforce.

For a hard climb, there might not be enough people to give a grade opinion consensus on it for a few weeks. And by then, every person who has any business being on the route has already tried the route and formed his/her own opinion that is not going to change, no matter what everyone else says.

besides, what's the worst thing that is going to happen if you attempt to toprope a climb that is too hard? Nothing is hurtzed, other than dignitteh, tendons, and butts.

And the cheesetitties?

looked like a standard edit to me.

True, if Lena wasn't a female mod who is pretty cool, we would have told her to GTFO ages ago.


Partner cracklover


Feb 12, 2013, 9:59 AM
Post #97268 of 102908 (1154 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 9973

Re: [climbs4fun] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbs4fun wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
macherry wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
In an orgy of consumerism, went to teh pattagucci outlet in dillon yesterday for their 40% off already stupid cheap shit sale. Got a gnu florescent blue r1 hoody and a pair of hideous (drivel would be proud) board shorts of orange and blue houndstooth.

Pictures, or it didn't happen!
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dr_feelgood/gnuclothes.jpg[/IMG]
ask and ye shall receive.

The new duds are fine, but the 1960s beige fixtures and hideous dark wood cabinets have got to go.

A kitchen remodel - now that's real consumerism. The economy needs you to fix up yer shabby kitchen NOW. Why you hatez America?

GO

is that an avocado green stove?

Yes, yes it is. Our appliances and kitchen cabinets are older than we are. Faux wood paneling with plastic drawers.

My kitchen has been the same since 1957. The cabinets are all original. The appliances thankfully are new.er

No way. The only thing in Vegas that dates to 1957 is, well, nothing.

GO


Partner cracklover


Feb 12, 2013, 10:12 AM
Post #97269 of 102908 (1147 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 9973

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
In other PC++ gnus, just got an email from Dave at Wolverine, I guess that I get a free RRG guidebook because of my guidebook-baldspot-gloriez on WTFOK. Woo! Too bad it's only for the northern region, but now I'll know all the quality sekrit nature gullies to go chosshiking in.


Nice!

Oh, and for those who are not on facespace, climb2core posted this quality photochop work:

[image]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-w3Y1wK8aCbo/URpwM9WBFkI/AAAAAAAABd4/tvtOaDs66BM/s512/baldwtok.jpg[/image]


That's way more than the "bald spot" on your head. it is more of a Star-Trek level alienness.

Greetings earthlings. I come from the planet Latex-Foreheadia to climb your cracks. I demand polyester jumpsuits as tribute.

If I were a RRG climber I'd collect the seven dollars and I'd buy a big prosthetic forehead and wear it on my real head.

Everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads.

GO


camhead


Feb 12, 2013, 10:19 AM
Post #97270 of 102908 (1143 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20704

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
macherry wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
In an orgy of consumerism, went to teh pattagucci outlet in dillon yesterday for their 40% off already stupid cheap shit sale. Got a gnu florescent blue r1 hoody and a pair of hideous (drivel would be proud) board shorts of orange and blue houndstooth.

Pictures, or it didn't happen!
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dr_feelgood/gnuclothes.jpg[/IMG]
ask and ye shall receive.

The new duds are fine, but the 1960s beige fixtures and hideous dark wood cabinets have got to go.

A kitchen remodel - now that's real consumerism. The economy needs you to fix up yer shabby kitchen NOW. Why you hatez America?

GO

is that an avocado green stove?

Yes, yes it is. Our appliances and kitchen cabinets are older than we are. Faux wood paneling with plastic drawers.

My kitchen has been the same since 1957. The cabinets are all original. The appliances thankfully are new.er

No way. The only thing in Vegas that dates to 1957 is, well, nothing.

GO

Except for some of the escorts? They'll date back to whatever, as long as the price is right. double entendre FTW!


Partner epoch
Moderator

Feb 12, 2013, 10:20 AM
Post #97271 of 102908 (1142 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32058

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
epoch wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
In an orgy of consumerism, went to teh pattagucci outlet in dillon yesterday for their 40% off already stupid cheap shit sale. Got a gnu florescent blue r1 hoody and a pair of hideous (drivel would be proud) board shorts of orange and blue houndstooth.

You're starting to sound like someone we know.
Be that as it may, I got the R1, the shorts, and a sunshirt for substantially less than the retail of the R1.

Gneiss


granite_grrl


Feb 12, 2013, 10:27 AM
Post #97272 of 102908 (1140 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14702

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Went to gym last night. The hangboarding is winding up, since I most definitely peaked (at 50 lbs, WOO!) last week. Now would be the time to jump on the campus board, but it's just too risky. The worst thing to do would be to fall, and land directly on the bottom of the left foot.

Teh gimpfoot is still in an aircast, but I am walking around a bit, and have moved toward doing some actual climbing. Can't do any toeing in with the aircast, since that would put a lot of strain on the Lispaul joint. So, mostly, I am sticking to really steep stuff that I just climb with one foot ('m using the Arrowhead that Jack sent me last year for my right foot).

Feeling really good actually. I set several porbelms that suit the one footedness, and I even have a bit of power in me, and can deadpoint, dyno, deep cross over to pretty small holds. Feet cut a lot, but I'm feeling really strong on the crimps and even some slopey pinches. Also getting good at falling onto my back, instead of my feet.

The one problem is that, since my feet cut every few moves as I try to reset the right foot, I REALLY get worn out fast. So, volume is suffering. I'm just hoping that will build up my endurance enough that I will feel stronger and better endurance as soon as I can use both feet.

May try to re-prodge Apollo Reed this spring, since it has very few hard left foot moves. That would be awesome.

I found when I had the rod taken out of my leg I was super worn down for the months afterwards....which included the first little bit of rock season.

Nothing I could do about it, I guess my body just needed to take the energy for me to heal.


carabiner96


Feb 12, 2013, 10:31 AM
Post #97273 of 102908 (1138 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 10, 2006
Posts: 12520

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, axe arm was a total fail, on top of which it was so heavy I think I may have broken my arm. Not sure how it can be fixed, so my ice season is over. I just paid $250 to go to GOI to drink beer and watch. :/


granite_grrl


Feb 12, 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #97274 of 102908 (1135 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14702

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Yeah, axe arm was a total fail, on top of which it was so heavy I think I may have broken my arm. Not sure how it can be fixed, so my ice season is over. I just paid $250 to go to GOI to drink beer and watch. :/

Boo!


Partner epoch
Moderator

Feb 12, 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #97275 of 102908 (1135 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32058

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Hey klikker... Did you know the pinkertons were once hired to discredit Senator Smoot as a dirty polygamist mormon?
Now you do!

I did not know that, but it is not surprising.

Oh, and seriously, send me your thesis in PDF form when you're done, I wanna read it.

He want's to see how you get a high-resolution hand-drawn map placed into your thesis...

for science!

First page Previous page 1 ... 3887 3888 3889 3890 3891 3892 3893 3894 3895 ... 4117 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook