Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 4085 4086 4087 4088 4089 4090 4091 4092 4093 ... 4117 Next page Last page  View All


lena_chita
Moderator

Mar 13, 2014, 4:15 AM
Post #102201 of 102912 (1473 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5587

Re: [epoch] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

THIS is highway, I-480. With 4 lanes in one direction. All completely blocked by a pile-up, of course.

Heffe had a hard time getting home yesterday.

Sigh. The berms of snow on the sides of my driveway had JUST FINALLY melted down to about 2 feet before yesterday. Not anymore!


camhead


Mar 13, 2014, 4:59 AM
Post #102202 of 102912 (1468 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20704

Re: [lena_chita] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
THIS is highway, I-480. With 4 lanes in one direction. All completely blocked by a pile-up, of course. [image]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BijZ5ELIUAAcVCL.jpg[/image]

Heffe had a hard time getting home yesterday.

Sigh. The berms of snow on the sides of my driveway had JUST FINALLY melted down to about 2 feet before yesterday. Not anymore!

Yeah, we just got a few little skiffs of snow here. I actually interviewed for a private school gig that is sweet, with the exception that it's in Cleveland. Hoping I don't get it so I don't have to make tough choices.

Otherwise, midweek/weakend report: Good times at the Gunks. Was colder than I thought it would be, and WAY more snow; we could have approached on skis. But, sun was out, and if we caught sunny cliffs, the conditions were perfect. And the whole Uberfall was deserted, so we got to do a bunch of untrodden classics, even Horseman (which I forgot my ATC on, and established myself as a gumby who had to belay on a munter from the top)!

Other than that, did Feast of Fools, really cool 5.10 roofs. Got on Suppers Ready, fell, then the sun went away so I couldn't do another run. Really good steep climbing, with some little holds thrown in, too.

Got back to F-ville, had a fun day at an obscure carg that is the far upstream end of Beauty. Belayed the local trad hero on another headpoint prodge that he's working on, put together some moves on an abandoned spurt line, and did some REALLY cool old gear lines, including one cool splitter crack that ends at these tiered roofs with perfect horizontal placements that you are kicking your way out of.

To top it all off, last night was open mic again, and I managed to put together a certain Tim Minchin song that some folks might know here. Video should be on the facespace.

that is awl.


lena_chita
Moderator

Mar 13, 2014, 6:57 AM
Post #102203 of 102912 (1463 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5587

Re: [camhead] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
THIS is highway, I-480. With 4 lanes in one direction. All completely blocked by a pile-up, of course. [image]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BijZ5ELIUAAcVCL.jpg[/image]

Heffe had a hard time getting home yesterday.

Sigh. The berms of snow on the sides of my driveway had JUST FINALLY melted down to about 2 feet before yesterday. Not anymore!

Yeah, we just got a few little skiffs of snow here. I actually interviewed for a private school gig that is sweet, with the exception that it's in Cleveland. Hoping I don't get it so I don't have to make tough choices.

Otherwise, midweek/weakend report: Good times at the Gunks. Was colder than I thought it would be, and WAY more snow; we could have approached on skis. But, sun was out, and if we caught sunny cliffs, the conditions were perfect. And the whole Uberfall was deserted, so we got to do a bunch of untrodden classics, even Horseman (which I forgot my ATC on, and established myself as a gumby who had to belay on a munter from the top)!

Other than that, did Feast of Fools, really cool 5.10 roofs. Got on Suppers Ready, fell, then the sun went away so I couldn't do another run. Really good steep climbing, with some little holds thrown in, too.

Got back to F-ville, had a fun day at an obscure carg that is the far upstream end of Beauty. Belayed the local trad hero on another headpoint prodge that he's working on, put together some moves on an abandoned spurt line, and did some REALLY cool old gear lines, including one cool splitter crack that ends at these tiered roofs with perfect horizontal placements that you are kicking your way out of.

To top it all off, last night was open mic again, and I managed to put together a certain Tim Minchin song that some folks might know here. Video should be on the facespace.

that is awl.

I figured that clicking on that video at work was not a good idea. But i will, at some point.

The drive this morning was way worse than last night. The snow stopped, but everything was super-icy, where the traction comes from the fact that in some spots there are frozen clusters of ice, and on some spots it is thinner. Yuck-yuck-yuck! I don't know what's wrong, either they didn't salt, or it is too cold for the salt. But it shouldn't be! It is 14F for high.

I know that we get the last snowfall in April, if we are lucky, and may, if we aren't .But for some reason this winter I am WAY more done with this weather.


snoopy138


Mar 13, 2014, 8:56 AM
Post #102204 of 102912 (1452 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28728

Re: [lena_chita] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
THIS is highway, I-480. With 4 lanes in one direction. All completely blocked by a pile-up, of course. [image]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BijZ5ELIUAAcVCL.jpg[/image]

Heffe had a hard time getting home yesterday.

Sigh. The berms of snow on the sides of my driveway had JUST FINALLY melted down to about 2 feet before yesterday. Not anymore!

the suv on the right side of teh foto seems confused.

your weather is mystifying to me. It is quite warm here, will be in teh 80s this weke end in solvang.


caughtinside


Mar 13, 2014, 9:31 AM
Post #102205 of 102912 (1443 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30371

Re: [snoopy138] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Snupe is korect. It is unseasonably warm here. I had to break out the shorts to walk teh dogg. Like 75 yesterday.


lena_chita
Moderator

Mar 13, 2014, 10:25 AM
Post #102206 of 102912 (1432 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5587

Re: [snoopy138] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
THIS is highway, I-480. With 4 lanes in one direction. All completely blocked by a pile-up, of course. [image]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BijZ5ELIUAAcVCL.jpg[/image]

Heffe had a hard time getting home yesterday.

Sigh. The berms of snow on the sides of my driveway had JUST FINALLY melted down to about 2 feet before yesterday. Not anymore!

the suv on the right side of teh foto seems confused.

your weather is mystifying to me. It is quite warm here, will be in teh 80s this weke end in solvang.

It is mystifying to me, too. I mean, it isn't like I moved here yesterday, and it isn't like I don't know what winter looks like... but this winter isn't it.


Partner epoch
Moderator

Mar 13, 2014, 12:10 PM
Post #102207 of 102912 (1417 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32059

Re: [lena_chita] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Doc...




lena_chita
Moderator

Mar 13, 2014, 12:40 PM
Post #102208 of 102912 (1409 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5587

Re: [epoch] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Hey Doc...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/yYLho0J.jpg[/img]

Funny, just yesterday my daughter was opining that Pineapple is a really stupid name.


Partner cracklover


Mar 13, 2014, 1:38 PM
Post #102209 of 102912 (1403 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 9974

Re: [epoch] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I like it! More fun if I had a PT, but...

Fun with memes FTW!



GO


(This post was edited by cracklover on Mar 13, 2014, 1:39 PM)
Attachments: pineapple_meme2.jpg (72.6 KB)


caughtinside


Mar 13, 2014, 3:02 PM
Post #102210 of 102912 (1396 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30371

Re: [cracklover] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Camhat, can you repost the batman slapping Robin with the "At the Gunks this would be 5.8" one? I need to pass that one around


climbingtrash


Mar 14, 2014, 11:53 AM
Post #102211 of 102912 (1364 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 4821

Re: [epoch] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Obligatory post.

Mark it zero! GUd?!?


climbingtrash


Mar 14, 2014, 11:57 AM
Post #102212 of 102912 (1362 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 4821

Re: [dr_feelgood] still lost. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Taxes are easy when yore a broke grad student.

In other news, heading to teh creke from sunday to friday. yeeeeeeeheeeeewww!

Stay owtta teh Cr33k Dead Beat!!


camhead


Mar 14, 2014, 1:22 PM
Post #102213 of 102912 (1353 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20704

Re: [caughtinside] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Hey Camhat, can you repost the batman slapping Robin with the "At the Gunks this would be 5.8" one? I need to pass that one around

I'm on my iyup at the boulders, but it is under my mp profile.


caughtinside


Mar 14, 2014, 2:43 PM
Post #102214 of 102912 (1340 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30371

Re: [camhead] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Hey Camhat, can you repost the batman slapping Robin with the "At the Gunks this would be 5.8" one? I need to pass that one around

I'm on my iyup at the boulders, but it is under my mp profile.

Thanks!


dr_feelgood


Mar 15, 2014, 9:03 AM
Post #102215 of 102912 (1316 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25720

Re: [epoch] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Hey Doc...


That's pretty funny.


dr_feelgood


Mar 15, 2014, 9:11 AM
Post #102216 of 102912 (1315 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25720

Re: [camhead] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Creke weke report:

I made PG mad, and so we left a half day behind schedule. Between hitting the patagucci outlet, where I got a properly sized DAS as an exchange for an undersized down jacket that i got for 40% off nothing, and getting tacobus, we didn't get down to the creek till 3 pm on monday. Went to way rambo and fucked around on bleu son and rochambeau.

Tuesday we decided to hit supercrack area, since there wouldn't be lines on the classics, and despite two previous creek trips, PG hadn't been there. did IHC and 3 AM, and some weird 5.9 to the left. I was pretty toasted, as I am pale, weke, blorty, and atrophied from grad skool.

Wednesday decided to hike in and check out slug wall. Spent much of our climbing time fixing Jasper's paw, as he mangled it chasing rabbits. Broke one nail off very messily at the quick, and we had to amputate the flapping nail. Blood everywhere. Did a little 5.9 that PG wanted to try, decided slug wall was too sunny, and went to catwall. Got on tom cat, finishing right as the sun set.

Thursday. Weak. Blorted. Bruised in both body and spirit. Drinking by 11 am.

Grad skool sucks ass regarding climbing conditioning. It probably doesn't help much that I spent most of my days skiing this winter, as I needed to up that particular game.

Drove home yesterday. Dogs are still sleeping.


dr_feelgood


Mar 15, 2014, 10:33 AM
Post #102217 of 102912 (1308 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25720

Re: [dr_feelgood] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Rest day activities included PG giving me a mullet. When I find the camera, pictures will follow.


Partner cracklover


Mar 16, 2014, 11:00 AM
Post #102218 of 102912 (1280 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 9974

Re: [dr_feelgood] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Creke weke report:

I made PG mad, and so we left a half day behind schedule. Between hitting the patagucci outlet, where I got a properly sized DAS as an exchange for an undersized down jacket that i got for 40% off nothing, and getting tacobus, we didn't get down to the creek till 3 pm on monday. Went to way rambo and fucked around on bleu son and rochambeau.

Tuesday we decided to hit supercrack area, since there wouldn't be lines on the classics, and despite two previous creek trips, PG hadn't been there. did IHC and 3 AM, and some weird 5.9 to the left. I was pretty toasted, as I am pale, weke, blorty, and atrophied from grad skool.

Wednesday decided to hike in and check out slug wall. Spent much of our climbing time fixing Jasper's paw, as he mangled it chasing rabbits. Broke one nail off very messily at the quick, and we had to amputate the flapping nail. Blood everywhere. Did a little 5.9 that PG wanted to try, decided slug wall was too sunny, and went to catwall. Got on tom cat, finishing right as the sun set.

Thursday. Weak. Blorted. Bruised in both body and spirit. Drinking by 11 am.

Grad skool sucks ass regarding climbing conditioning. It probably doesn't help much that I spent most of my days skiing this winter, as I needed to up that particular game.

Drove home yesterday. Dogs are still sleeping.

I will *not* be sharing your story with my wife. She is excited to be done with PhDing soon, and wants to go to the Creek for a week.

Hope your body, spirit, PG, and dog recover soon.

GO


lena_chita
Moderator

Mar 16, 2014, 11:23 AM
Post #102219 of 102912 (1274 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5587

Re: [dr_feelgood] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Creke weke report:

I made PG mad, and so we left a half day behind schedule. Between hitting the patagucci outlet, where I got a properly sized DAS as an exchange for an undersized down jacket that i got for 40% off nothing, and getting tacobus, we didn't get down to the creek till 3 pm on monday. Went to way rambo and fucked around on bleu son and rochambeau.

Tuesday we decided to hit supercrack area, since there wouldn't be lines on the classics, and despite two previous creek trips, PG hadn't been there. did IHC and 3 AM, and some weird 5.9 to the left. I was pretty toasted, as I am pale, weke, blorty, and atrophied from grad skool.

Wednesday decided to hike in and check out slug wall. Spent much of our climbing time fixing Jasper's paw, as he mangled it chasing rabbits. Broke one nail off very messily at the quick, and we had to amputate the flapping nail. Blood everywhere. Did a little 5.9 that PG wanted to try, decided slug wall was too sunny, and went to catwall. Got on tom cat, finishing right as the sun set.

Thursday. Weak. Blorted. Bruised in both body and spirit. Drinking by 11 am.

Grad skool sucks ass regarding climbing conditioning. It probably doesn't help much that I spent most of my days skiing this winter, as I needed to up that particular game.

Drove home yesterday. Dogs are still sleeping.



Oooohhh, Patagucci outlet! I missed everything else in the post after that, sorry. I hope the outlet visit improved PG's spirits, too, in addition to getting you some goodies.


snoopy138


Mar 17, 2014, 6:31 PM
Post #102220 of 102912 (1230 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28728

Re: [lena_chita] Quitting Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

weke end report ...

went to solvang, ate and drank wine on saturday. gud times. the brake between the food and wine just so happened to coincide with the second half of the pac-12 championship game, so we watched ucla hang on to beat zona and win the pac 12.

got up in the morning and rode basically the ride described here, with 7 miles less of climbing ... http://yurides.wordpress.com/...g-figueroa-mountain/ ... I only did the first two miles of steep 10%-15% misery, then turned around. apparently that was the worst of it, but it sounds like there's plenty more misery along the road. Descending kind of sucked, since it was super steep with bad pavement and sand on the road. Clamped the brakes, kept it around 20 mph, and avoided meatdecking.

Hit up one winery, then drove home and worked the rest of sunday.


snoopy138


Mar 21, 2014, 12:33 PM
Post #102221 of 102912 (1051 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28728

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hopefully there will be some posts when I get back in a couple weeks.


snoopy138


Mar 21, 2014, 12:33 PM
Post #102222 of 102912 (1049 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28728

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post




snoopy138


Mar 21, 2014, 12:34 PM
Post #102223 of 102912 (1046 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28728

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post




snoopy138


Mar 21, 2014, 12:35 PM
Post #102224 of 102912 (1044 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28728

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post




snoopy138


Mar 21, 2014, 12:36 PM
Post #102225 of 102912 (1041 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28728

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post



First page Previous page 1 ... 4085 4086 4087 4088 4089 4090 4091 4092 4093 ... 4117 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$53.96 (10% off)
$8.96 (10% off)
$24.26 (10% off)
$8.96 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook