Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 4094 4095 4096 4097 4098 4099 4100 4101 4102 ... 4165 Next page Last page  View All


dr_feelgood


Apr 28, 2014, 11:02 AM
Post #102426 of 104125 (2286 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25938

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Also, I'm considering getting this image made into a flag to hang at the campground. Think that would go over well in WV?

[image]http://instinctmagazine.com/sites/instinctmagazine.com/files/images/blog_posts/Jonathan%20Higbee/2013/11/13/confederateflag.jpg[/image]

Do they like franchises in WV?


dr_feelgood


Apr 28, 2014, 11:04 AM
Post #102427 of 104125 (2284 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25938

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
I feel gross right now. Cookies may not have been the right choice.

Milk was a bad choice.

Repost


dr_feelgood


Apr 28, 2014, 11:04 AM
Post #102428 of 104125 (2283 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25938

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Pride!


dr_feelgood


Apr 28, 2014, 11:05 AM
Post #102429 of 104125 (2280 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25938

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:
Also, I'm considering getting this image made into a flag to hang at the campground. Think that would go over well in WV?


Do they like franchises in WV?

DCT. When you are francising, sometimes cheesetits happen....


Partner camhead


Apr 28, 2014, 11:24 AM
Post #102430 of 104125 (2273 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20794

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:
Also, I'm considering getting this image made into a flag to hang at the campground. Think that would go over well in WV?

[image]http://instinctmagazine.com/sites/instinctmagazine.com/files/images/blog_posts/Jonathan%20Higbee/2013/11/13/confederateflag.jpg[/image]

Do they like franchises in WV?

DCT. When you are francising, sometimes cheesetits happen....

I'll forgive the franchize, just because you preserved the integrity of the rainbow rebel image.


Partner camhead


Apr 28, 2014, 11:38 AM
Post #102431 of 104125 (2271 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20794

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Soooo, funny story that should maybe be in grupe, but I don't give a fuque...

I guess that every spring, Dubbya Veeians get really obsessed with "ramps," this bulbous root that is like a garlic/onion-cross taste. Pretty good. We got a bunch for a turkey burger seasonal special at the restaurant I work at, and they sold out quickly. Looks like we gotta "raaaaamp" it up, amirite??11

Anyway, we've got a prep cook there who is a bit slow, fucks a lot of stuff up. Nice guy, I like him a lot but he is hell to work with. We ran out of ramps, and he chimes in, "I know where there are a bunch! I've been gathering them for years, nobody else knows where it is!"

Next day, he brings in a garbage bag full of them, leaves and all. Bragging all about how he is the shit for getting the ramps, puffing his chest a bit because he's on the boss's good side for once, so he starts prepping them for the special saute.

Then, our head waitress looks at them, and is like, "You sure these are ramps?"

"yeah! definitely!"

"Because they look like daffodils."

"No! NO! They're ramps! I've been gathering them for years!"

Head waitress does 20 seconds of googling, and confirms that, yes, these "ramps" are daffodils. Bumbling prep cook is butthurt and defensive. Then, head waitress reads a bit more and finds that daffodils are mildly poisonous!

"Hey, you know these things are poison, right?"

Prep cook says, "No, no, no! They're not at all! I should know, I've been eating them for years!"

Like four of us look at each other with this unspoken "weeeeell, this explains a LOT" eyebrow raise.

That is awl.


lena_chita
Moderator

Apr 28, 2014, 11:56 AM
Post #102432 of 104125 (2266 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5854

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
Continuing the Australia report:

We stayed the night on the Tasman Peninsula after climbing teh Moai, and the original plan was to head out to Cape Raoul to climb teh Weeding Cake and try to get to one or two of the pillars past the cake.

Various factors (weather, people not wanting to get up at 5, drive for 45 minutes and do the 4-hour round trip hike, etc.) led to a change of plans. Slept in a bit, went to check out the Remarkable Cave, then Port Arthur (a historical convict site). Here's the ocean near Remarkable Cave (the waves were pretty large, my phone has some decent shots of them), you can see Cape Raoul in the very back of the photo ...

[image]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7343/13978277774_3e2defa97c_z.jpg[/image]

The cave is kind of cool, a pretty narrow passage into which the ocean occasionally enters. Me walking into the cave:

[image]https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2933/13977847875_35d9bb5d56_z.jpg[/image]

Apparently surfers have actually ridden waves through here, though it doesn't seem all that recommended.

After that, went to Port Arthur, learned some historeez and whatnot. Stopped on the way back to check out the Dog Line, a line of chained dogs that guarded the escape from the Tasman Peninsula during the convict years. It's a narrow land passage, so they used ~10 dogs across the isthmus to alert soldiers if someone was coming through. Even had a couple dogs stationed on platforms in the bay. Pretty fucked up, but not nearly the most fucked up thing going on over there at the time.

Stopped at the Oyster Farm near Hobart to grab a bunch of tasty oysters.


Cool. I went to the remarkable cave and Port Arthur with my family, early 90s I think. Good stuff.

Did you try zurfing teh remarkable cave?

I did knott.

I do remember enjoying the Aussie way of naming things:

Remarkable cave. It was indeed remarkable
Tasty Cheese. This was some variety of cheese that was indeed, tasty.

makes sense!

I hope the quiet in the Gerkyland means that everyone went out climbing.

Busy weekend here that involved very little climbing. Well, I set a new route at the gym on Fri, and did a hangboard workout on Sunday. That's about it.

It was nice to have Ed as my hangboard partner, but on Tuesday he is getting knee surgery, so he will be out of commission for a bit. For some reason he doesn't want to land on his newly-surgered leg. OR his just-sort-of-healed ankle on the other leg. Weird!!!!

Heffe is back in the country of red-blue-and-white, full of stories about Egypt, tons of desert pictures, and with a really bad case of jetlag.

Weekend report completed.

Red-blue-and-white....is he in Russia now?

LOL! My bad. but no, Russia would be white-blue-red. If you want to be a stickler for it, then he went to Serbia while I wasn't looking.

But really, he is is still home is the stars and stripes country. Literally home, too. Bc I picked him up at the airport yesterday, and he stayed over, and then this morning when i drove him home he forgot his rain jacket with the car keys in the pocket. So he has his shiny brand-new car in his garage, and no way to drive it, until I get him the keys.


lena_chita
Moderator

Apr 28, 2014, 12:02 PM
Post #102433 of 104125 (2264 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5854

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
So I checked out my race results. 29th out of 63, so while there are still things I want to d to improve my performance, I didn't suck quite as much as I thought I did. yay?

I'd say YAY! if I had done it, I would have been #63, so there! You definitely don't suck.


lena_chita
Moderator

Apr 28, 2014, 12:05 PM
Post #102434 of 104125 (2263 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5854

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Weakend report! Saturdays and Sundays are not weakends for me, really. They're fricking busy. Saturdays and Sundays usually mean get up at 6am, do office paperwork while I drink mah kawfeez, around 7am make the camp nazi rounds, get out to the carg by 11am, climb til 4, then go clock into the cheesecake mines until 11pm.

Anyway, got some good climbs in. Saturday went to Sunshine Buttress. Lena might remember it; it's that crag right off the gorge road that has a 30 second approach, and a sandbagged 12a arete, Unbroken Chain, that is really cool.

Anyway, Mikey was psyched on this bouldery 13c there, and we planned on chopping Unbroken Chain and putting glue-ins in as well. I did the final ascent on the rusty old bolts, sent it easily, which was weird because I remember it being way hard from last year. Tried Mikey's prodge, which had some horrendous holds that I couldn't move off of. Sometime in there, a couple comes up, wanting to climb Unbroken Chain, right after we'd taken its bolts out. Oops. They weren't too butthurt. Capped off the day by getting this softie one three second go.

Yesterday, found out that Endless was open again after the fire. Grabbed a belayer, ran out there. It's pretty eery, the whole loop trail is torched. Got to the Argh prodge, turns out that some firefighters had taken the webbing I'd left on a tree last week, not surprisingly. Decided to TR the prodge one more time before embarking on the R/X ballnuttage, and I could NOT get the crux dyno up above 50% success rate. Then it got hot, so I scroted out. Probably will go lead it later this week, I hope. I'm still scared.

that is awl.

Nice job sending the Unbroken Chain. Heck yeah, I remember! I only caught you ~5(?) times on that low crux, and I got a bunch of pine needles in my face for the trouble.

And yeah, you should put up that flag!


lena_chita
Moderator

Apr 28, 2014, 12:08 PM
Post #102435 of 104125 (2260 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5854

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Soooo, funny story that should maybe be in grupe, but I don't give a fuque...

I guess that every spring, Dubbya Veeians get really obsessed with "ramps," this bulbous root that is like a garlic/onion-cross taste. Pretty good. We got a bunch for a turkey burger seasonal special at the restaurant I work at, and they sold out quickly. Looks like we gotta "raaaaamp" it up, amirite??11

Anyway, we've got a prep cook there who is a bit slow, fucks a lot of stuff up. Nice guy, I like him a lot but he is hell to work with. We ran out of ramps, and he chimes in, "I know where there are a bunch! I've been gathering them for years, nobody else knows where it is!"

Next day, he brings in a garbage bag full of them, leaves and all. Bragging all about how he is the shit for getting the ramps, puffing his chest a bit because he's on the boss's good side for once, so he starts prepping them for the special saute.

Then, our head waitress looks at them, and is like, "You sure these are ramps?"

"yeah! definitely!"

"Because they look like daffodils."

"No! NO! They're ramps! I've been gathering them for years!"

Head waitress does 20 seconds of googling, and confirms that, yes, these "ramps" are daffodils. Bumbling prep cook is butthurt and defensive. Then, head waitress reads a bit more and finds that daffodils are mildly poisonous!

"Hey, you know these things are poison, right?"

Prep cook says, "No, no, no! They're not at all! I should know, I've been eating them for years!"

Like four of us look at each other with this unspoken "weeeeell, this explains a LOT" eyebrow raise.

That is awl.

Dubious-Wee indeed!


granite_grrl


Apr 28, 2014, 1:02 PM
Post #102436 of 104125 (2246 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14903

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
Soooo, funny story that should maybe be in grupe, but I don't give a fuque...

I guess that every spring, Dubbya Veeians get really obsessed with "ramps," this bulbous root that is like a garlic/onion-cross taste. Pretty good. We got a bunch for a turkey burger seasonal special at the restaurant I work at, and they sold out quickly. Looks like we gotta "raaaaamp" it up, amirite??11

Anyway, we've got a prep cook there who is a bit slow, fucks a lot of stuff up. Nice guy, I like him a lot but he is hell to work with. We ran out of ramps, and he chimes in, "I know where there are a bunch! I've been gathering them for years, nobody else knows where it is!"

Next day, he brings in a garbage bag full of them, leaves and all. Bragging all about how he is the shit for getting the ramps, puffing his chest a bit because he's on the boss's good side for once, so he starts prepping them for the special saute.

Then, our head waitress looks at them, and is like, "You sure these are ramps?"

"yeah! definitely!"

"Because they look like daffodils."

"No! NO! They're ramps! I've been gathering them for years!"

Head waitress does 20 seconds of googling, and confirms that, yes, these "ramps" are daffodils. Bumbling prep cook is butthurt and defensive. Then, head waitress reads a bit more and finds that daffodils are mildly poisonous!

"Hey, you know these things are poison, right?"

Prep cook says, "No, no, no! They're not at all! I should know, I've been eating them for years!"

Like four of us look at each other with this unspoken "weeeeell, this explains a LOT" eyebrow raise.

That is awl.

Dubious-Wee indeed!

I've heard that ramps are being overpicked in most areas now. Something's going to give.


snoopy138


Apr 28, 2014, 8:21 PM
Post #102437 of 104125 (2229 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28861

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Also, I'm considering getting this image made into a flag to hang at the campground. Think that would go over well in WV?


I'm curious, is there any meaning to using the confederate flag as a basis for the design (a special flag for gay racists?), or is it just to piss off the racist homophobes?


dr_feelgood


Apr 28, 2014, 9:29 PM
Post #102438 of 104125 (2221 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25938

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
Also, I'm considering getting this image made into a flag to hang at the campground. Think that would go over well in WV?

[image]http://instinctmagazine.com/sites/instinctmagazine.com/files/images/blog_posts/Jonathan%20Higbee/2013/11/13/confederateflag.jpg[/image]

I'm curious, is there any meaning to using the confederate flag as a basis for the design (a special flag for gay racists?), or is it just to piss off the racist homophobes?
My guess is the latter.


snoopy138


Apr 30, 2014, 12:54 PM
Post #102439 of 104125 (2159 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28861

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Weakend report ... the last two weekends I've gotten out to Echo on Saturday. First weekend I climbed like shit; this past weekend it was a whole day of falling off at the end of routes. First, got on Split Decision (a Jak rowt), which I'd failzed all over the weke before. Fell off on the last move while hanging drawz, but was able to get in next try.

Went over to teh Mangler's proj, Chop Top, and came off on the last move to the anchor jugs. Was sort of expecting it that time, it's a pretty hard semi-dyno while you're pumped. Second try I felt better up at that point, hit the hold for about half a second but was never quite on it completely, and fell off. failurez.

then nate had put up Pretty in Pink (another jak rowt), and his gf was not very psyched on climbing it at that point, so I TRd it with not all that much rest. Luckily it has jiant rest jugs all over, but the crux comes at the top (again), and I fell several times trying to figure it out.

Now it's hot as balls, and Echo season is about over. Hopefully nothing breaks on Chop Top before I get on it again, that whole carg is falling apart.


tripperjm


Apr 30, 2014, 5:35 PM
Post #102440 of 104125 (2141 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 7, 2002
Posts: 10634

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
Weakend report ... the last two weekends I've gotten out to Echo on Saturday. First weekend I climbed like shit; this past weekend it was a whole day of falling off at the end of routes. First, got on Split Decision (a Jak rowt), which I'd failzed all over the weke before. Fell off on the last move while hanging drawz, but was able to get in next try.

Went over to teh Mangler's proj, Chop Top, and came off on the last move to the anchor jugs. Was sort of expecting it that time, it's a pretty hard semi-dyno while you're pumped. Second try I felt better up at that point, hit the hold for about half a second but was never quite on it completely, and fell off. failurez.

then nate had put up Pretty in Pink (another jak rowt), and his gf was not very psyched on climbing it at that point, so I TRd it with not all that much rest. Luckily it has jiant rest jugs all over, but the crux comes at the top (again), and I fell several times trying to figure it out.

Now it's hot as balls, and Echo season is about over. Hopefully nothing breaks on Chop Top before I get on it again, that whole carg is falling apart.

cept, ewe didn't tell teh hole story....


snoopy138


Apr 30, 2014, 5:41 PM
Post #102441 of 104125 (2136 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28861

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
Weakend report ... the last two weekends I've gotten out to Echo on Saturday. First weekend I climbed like shit; this past weekend it was a whole day of falling off at the end of routes. First, got on Split Decision (a Jak rowt), which I'd failzed all over the weke before. Fell off on the last move while hanging drawz, but was able to get in next try.

Went over to teh Mangler's proj, Chop Top, and came off on the last move to the anchor jugs. Was sort of expecting it that time, it's a pretty hard semi-dyno while you're pumped. Second try I felt better up at that point, hit the hold for about half a second but was never quite on it completely, and fell off. failurez.

then nate had put up Pretty in Pink (another jak rowt), and his gf was not very psyched on climbing it at that point, so I TRd it with not all that much rest. Luckily it has jiant rest jugs all over, but the crux comes at the top (again), and I fell several times trying to figure it out.

Now it's hot as balls, and Echo season is about over. Hopefully nothing breaks on Chop Top before I get on it again, that whole carg is falling apart.

cept, ewe didn't tell teh hole story....

about us not going to teh lawst, or about those rowtz of yores at echo?


climbingtrash


Apr 30, 2014, 7:44 PM
Post #102442 of 104125 (2124 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 4971

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Cheesecake for lunch... doesn't seem to be on the approved list of foods for any diet.

But I made a mean chocolate ganache espresso cheesecake for Heffe's birthday, an I brought leftovers to work, and I forgot my lunch at home. So... cheesecake it is!

And I am not sorry. Not a bit.

Oh, and Ed brought homemade ginger syrup to make coctails last night. And then left all the ginger-soaked-in-syrup at my place. So I am drying it to make candied ginger. But at the rate it is going, the ginger will be all eaten, before it candies. OMG, so good!

In other news, I need to learn how not to eat and be hungary again for my annual spring weight loss. I'm a bit better off this year than last year and don't have as much weight to drop, but damn I love eating and damn I hate feeling hungry.

You need more friends like Banz. I am down 5 lb from Feb 14th.

But yeah, I hear you. I love food way too much. For me, the main thing these past few weeks was getting Heffe on board with the plan. He refrained from bringing me any chocolates, or ice cream, or Bailey's, since mid-Feb.

My downfall has always been snacking. I have very good discipline in the grocery store, and I am really good at not buying bad things. I am also pretty good at packing healthy food for lunch in reasonable portions. But if I am at home, and I have some chocolate-covered somethings, and I am reading a book, or watching a movie... ahh, that is a problem.

Seeing Banz's facebook status show he's lost what, 10 lbs in 2 months, makes me feel guilty. I know that I have way less extra weight to lose than he does, but I'm dreading trying to cut down 5-10lbs and I know it's going to take way longer.

Meth could be yore solushun?


climbingtrash


Apr 30, 2014, 7:52 PM
Post #102443 of 104125 (2119 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 4971

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Cheesecake for lunch... doesn't seem to be on the approved list of foods for any diet.

But I made a mean chocolate ganache espresso cheesecake for Heffe's birthday, an I brought leftovers to work, and I forgot my lunch at home. So... cheesecake it is!

And I am not sorry. Not a bit.

Oh, and Ed brought homemade ginger syrup to make coctails last night. And then left all the ginger-soaked-in-syrup at my place. So I am drying it to make candied ginger. But at the rate it is going, the ginger will be all eaten, before it candies. OMG, so good!

Oh! OH! DESSERT TAWK!

The other night at werk, I finished up a batch of peach jam, it had been stewing for a few hours, and a few unblended peach slices floated to the top. I scooped them out with a strainer, and put them in a bowl for some soupy peachy goodness. Then, I looked over at the cheesecake batter that I was working on, and had a great idea– scooped out a few spoonfuls of the batter, and drizzled it over the peaches. It was like peaches and cream, but better.

Then, I offered some to a certain hispanic (RACIST) chef who used to own a restaurant that everyone at the Gnu knows about. He took a bite, looked at me, and goes, "tastes better than virgin p____."

Tuphar!

This reminds me of teh pu**y flavored ice cream joke.


climbingtrash


Apr 30, 2014, 7:54 PM
Post #102444 of 104125 (2119 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 4971

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Cheesecake for lunch... doesn't seem to be on the approved list of foods for any diet.

But I made a mean chocolate ganache espresso cheesecake for Heffe's birthday, an I brought leftovers to work, and I forgot my lunch at home. So... cheesecake it is!

And I am not sorry. Not a bit.

Oh, and Ed brought homemade ginger syrup to make coctails last night. And then left all the ginger-soaked-in-syrup at my place. So I am drying it to make candied ginger. But at the rate it is going, the ginger will be all eaten, before it candies. OMG, so good!

In other news, I need to learn how not to eat and be hungary again for my annual spring weight loss. I'm a bit better off this year than last year and don't have as much weight to drop, but damn I love eating and damn I hate feeling hungry.

You need more friends like Banz. I am down 5 lb from Feb 14th.

But yeah, I hear you. I love food way too much. For me, the main thing these past few weeks was getting Heffe on board with the plan. He refrained from bringing me any chocolates, or ice cream, or Bailey's, since mid-Feb.

My downfall has always been snacking. I have very good discipline in the grocery store, and I am really good at not buying bad things. I am also pretty good at packing healthy food for lunch in reasonable portions. But if I am at home, and I have some chocolate-covered somethings, and I am reading a book, or watching a movie... ahh, that is a problem.

Seeing Banz's facebook status show he's lost what, 10 lbs in 2 months, makes me feel guilty. I know that I have way less extra weight to lose than he does, but I'm dreading trying to cut down 5-10lbs and I know it's going to take way longer.

mark it 55lbs for me. Sedentary jobs and asthma meds (steroids) blow

Hovering around 160 right now, which means I've lost 8 lbs since winter's low(high)point, but haven't hit my high(low)point of low weight that I hit last summer, which was 152. I was climbing pretty well then, but I think the weight was too low, and mostly because of 1) lost muscle mass in the LisPaul thigh, and 2) neurotic bullshit resulting from the Big D.

I eat what I want, when I want and weigh around 155 awl teh tyme.


climbingtrash


Apr 30, 2014, 7:55 PM
Post #102445 of 104125 (2119 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 4971

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
Australia report!

Well, the start of the Australia report; I'll probably just occasionally add days as I have time.

Flew out on a Friday night (myself, teh gf, 2xAgent, and LLL), got into Sydney on Sunday morning. Got our bags, did the customs/immigration bit. Discovered the Sydney->Hobart flight was not actually Qantas, but Jetstar instead, and had to pay $5.50/person to take the bus from the international terminal to the domestic terminal. Jetstar is somewhere between Spirit and Southwest for Australia. They noted that we could use the bathrooms free of charge.

Got into Hobart, picked up the klown kar, and drove back to teh Brit's place (with some of our baggage in the Brit's car) on the RONG side of the road. Many accidental windshield wipings ensued.

Six of us staying at teh brit's place for the weke (brit + wife, myself + gf, 2x, LLL). Wandered around Hobart, ate some seafood.

Next day we did some climbing at Mt. Wellington. Went to the Flange Buttress (not named after jak's bro The Flange, so far as I know). Warmed up on Neon God, pretty cool sport route. Crux was very thin move early on, after that it was all pretty reasonable mid-10 climbing, with the bolts getting more spaced towards the top. Then did Digitalis, a mostly carck-ish route with a thin traverse at the top out of the corner. Had to wait around on the P1 belay ledge for a bit because teh brit took forever to commit to the traverse (he and LLL had started up while we did Neon God). Followed that, then tried After Midnight. Onsighted the first half, but ran into some trouble at teh crux, with hard moves I couldn't figure out while potentially looking at a ledge fall. It was about time to get going anyway, so I tension traversed over to the anchors atop P1 of Pleasant Screams (described in the guide as "Tasmania's To Bolt or Not to Be"). Didn't have time to TR Pleasant Screams, but teh 2x cleaned up After Midnight. Headed back down, ate and drank. Teh GF was hanging out with teh Brit's wife during this time, checking out the Huon Valley, going to various sheep cheeseries and honey stores and what have you (apparently Tasmanian Leatherwood Honey is well known -- it turned out to be pretty tasty).

I'm knot reading that ^^


climbingtrash


Apr 30, 2014, 7:58 PM
Post #102446 of 104125 (2119 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 4971

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
Second day solo Truh Ruhing the proj. Figured out the gear, I still need to get a blue slider nut, though. Did a lot of brushing and scrubbing, too. Rapped to the ground after tons of messing with moves and gear, and then managed to get the tredpoint. This kind of scares me, though, because now it means I have to do the route. The crux is still going to be hard, bad lockoff on a tiny crimp with no feet, and you have to slam in a red slider, THEN do a v7 dyno to another tiny crimp. Both of my hands have bleeding fingers right now.

Got to the top after the tredpoint, and found that I had totally core-shot my rope over a sharp edge. Not a big deal, it was an old rope, and none of the core strands broke, but was still a bit sketchy. I take it as the climbing gawds telling me to just sack up and lead the thing. That's gonna be scary.

gotta pad those edges brah. rope bag or a grain tamer. or one of those spiroll things. worth investing in for the tr solo kit

werd


granite_grrl


May 1, 2014, 4:17 AM
Post #102447 of 104125 (2108 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14903

Re: [climbingtrash] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Cheesecake for lunch... doesn't seem to be on the approved list of foods for any diet.

But I made a mean chocolate ganache espresso cheesecake for Heffe's birthday, an I brought leftovers to work, and I forgot my lunch at home. So... cheesecake it is!

And I am not sorry. Not a bit.

Oh, and Ed brought homemade ginger syrup to make coctails last night. And then left all the ginger-soaked-in-syrup at my place. So I am drying it to make candied ginger. But at the rate it is going, the ginger will be all eaten, before it candies. OMG, so good!

In other news, I need to learn how not to eat and be hungary again for my annual spring weight loss. I'm a bit better off this year than last year and don't have as much weight to drop, but damn I love eating and damn I hate feeling hungry.

You need more friends like Banz. I am down 5 lb from Feb 14th.

But yeah, I hear you. I love food way too much. For me, the main thing these past few weeks was getting Heffe on board with the plan. He refrained from bringing me any chocolates, or ice cream, or Bailey's, since mid-Feb.

My downfall has always been snacking. I have very good discipline in the grocery store, and I am really good at not buying bad things. I am also pretty good at packing healthy food for lunch in reasonable portions. But if I am at home, and I have some chocolate-covered somethings, and I am reading a book, or watching a movie... ahh, that is a problem.

Seeing Banz's facebook status show he's lost what, 10 lbs in 2 months, makes me feel guilty. I know that I have way less extra weight to lose than he does, but I'm dreading trying to cut down 5-10lbs and I know it's going to take way longer.

Meth could be yore solushun?

So they were talking about Toronto's Mayor Rob Ford on the radio again this morning about another video of him smoking crack. So I think to myself....how can that fucker still be so fat?


dr_feelgood


May 1, 2014, 6:21 AM
Post #102448 of 104125 (2104 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25938

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Cheesecake for lunch... doesn't seem to be on the approved list of foods for any diet.

But I made a mean chocolate ganache espresso cheesecake for Heffe's birthday, an I brought leftovers to work, and I forgot my lunch at home. So... cheesecake it is!

And I am not sorry. Not a bit.

Oh, and Ed brought homemade ginger syrup to make coctails last night. And then left all the ginger-soaked-in-syrup at my place. So I am drying it to make candied ginger. But at the rate it is going, the ginger will be all eaten, before it candies. OMG, so good!

In other news, I need to learn how not to eat and be hungary again for my annual spring weight loss. I'm a bit better off this year than last year and don't have as much weight to drop, but damn I love eating and damn I hate feeling hungry.

You need more friends like Banz. I am down 5 lb from Feb 14th.

But yeah, I hear you. I love food way too much. For me, the main thing these past few weeks was getting Heffe on board with the plan. He refrained from bringing me any chocolates, or ice cream, or Bailey's, since mid-Feb.

My downfall has always been snacking. I have very good discipline in the grocery store, and I am really good at not buying bad things. I am also pretty good at packing healthy food for lunch in reasonable portions. But if I am at home, and I have some chocolate-covered somethings, and I am reading a book, or watching a movie... ahh, that is a problem.

Seeing Banz's facebook status show he's lost what, 10 lbs in 2 months, makes me feel guilty. I know that I have way less extra weight to lose than he does, but I'm dreading trying to cut down 5-10lbs and I know it's going to take way longer.

Meth could be yore solushun?

So they were talking about Toronto's Mayor Rob Ford on the radio again this morning about another video of him smoking crack. So I think to myself....how can that fucker still be so fat?

He hasn't fully devoted himself to the cause. Fuckin amateur.


granite_grrl


May 1, 2014, 7:03 AM
Post #102449 of 104125 (2095 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14903

Re: You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Climbing update.

Not sure why I was so lax when it came to training this winter. Guess I was feeling strong when I went out ice/mixed climbing on the weekends.

Nathan made me some Hit strips last fall that I've barely used, but decided I needed to get serious about getting back into rock climbing shape. So I decided to do a full workout with them last night. Fucking pathetic is what it was.

It's been raining here all week. Hopefully we'll be able to get to the crag this weekend.


granite_grrl


May 1, 2014, 7:05 AM
Post #102450 of 104125 (2095 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14903

Re: You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So I'm just going to leave this hanging here. Viva?

First page Previous page 1 ... 4094 4095 4096 4097 4098 4099 4100 4101 4102 ... 4165 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$233.96 (10% off)
$62.06 (10% off)
$35.96 (10% off)
$6.75 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook