Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 4103 4104 4105 4106 4107 4108 4109 4110 4111 ... 4116 Next page Last page  View All


dr_feelgood


Jun 16, 2014, 4:20 PM
Post #102651 of 102893 (750 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25720

Re: [lena_chita] she's your fucking friend, you tell her she needs to learn to ride [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So I was out on the ladies road ride last night. Good group, we kept an average pace of 27.5km/hr (about 17miles/hr) which include a number of stops and a couple of big hills, both which tend to slow the group down. Most of the time we were keeping it above 30km/hr (~18.5 miles/hr).

But there was one lady there who was fairly new to riding. Super strong and able to keep up without much problems, but kept doing things like leaving the pace line to ride beside her friend. Not a huge deal, but kinda broke the flow of the pace line.

So we get to the last big hill, and I'm ready to bomb down as fast as I can. Me and another experienced rider go to pass her, and I yell "on your left" as a warning. Well, she holds her position in the middle of the road. I yell it again, and she starts to creep left. We're eventually forced into the oncoming lane to pass her, but I also lost the best chance to pick up speed down the hill.

The whole thing wasn't a big deal, she's new and has to learn to ride with a group....but she takes offence if people tell her she was doing it wrong. She peeled off early so I didn't get to talk with her, but hopefully her friend on the ride mentions this to her and she actually listens.

Biking dramas!!! Are also not on BET-approved list?

Not really dramas, just venting.

And I think you will find that bike tawk has a long history in the BET, from CI's knee, to Mo's handle bar hand.

I stand corrected.


Bike tawk, yes. Remember teh Ultraginas?

Fishing tawk, ehhhh, not so much.

I decided to branch out a bit and do some other spurts since it's getting so hot here. Did a group ride Monday evening; Dubbya Vee is so fucking hilly that it really kicked my ass, we rode waaaaaay down the road that goes past the Jung compound, then went back up another way, lost and gained probably near 1000 feet.

Then, yesterday, did the river with some alkie guide friends of mine. Much boozing and [redacted] was had, see teh facespace for pics!

Becoming multidimentional with non conforming sport?

It’s cooler up here. You could always come for a visit and onflash the Monument.

Damn, once again I lack the time to make it up to Canadia. Going to take July off climbing, just do a quick three week hangbored cycle, then some power before I leave for Yewtah in mid-August for the two-week book speaking tour.

Then, when I get back to WV for Labor Day, I'm quitting the restaurant (which will help lose weight, heh), starting up a substitute teaching gig that actually pays really well and has a flexible schedule, and hopefully have a good hard tard autumn.

You could delay coming back by one week, and climb with Banz in Yewtah.

Glad to hear that substitute-teaching works out.


Naw, gotta be back to the campground for the Day of Labor.

I am missing climbing with you and Banz, though (even though we kind of had different goals this spring). What are your 4th of July plans? We're doing a movie/BBQ here. You and Jeff should come!

You've seen only about two dozens FB posts by BAnz over the past couple weeks, and you don't know where we would be for the 4th of July? You haven't been paying attention!

Oh yeah. I knew he would be at Xzzz, didn't know you would be too.

Oh well, now you do. I won't ask you if you want to go, too...

Doc, how do YOU feel about showing your bearded face in the vicinity of Xzzz?

Hard to say, hard to say.


dr_feelgood


Jun 16, 2014, 4:28 PM
Post #102652 of 102893 (747 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25720

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
PTFTW talk has a long history
two pages in a row


dr_feelgood


Jun 16, 2014, 4:29 PM
Post #102653 of 102893 (744 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25720

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
PTFTW talk has a long history

a very storied and sordid history.

Indeed.


lena_chita
Moderator

Jun 17, 2014, 7:11 AM
Post #102654 of 102893 (708 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5581

Re: [dr_feelgood] she's your fucking friend, you tell her she needs to learn to ride [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So I was out on the ladies road ride last night. Good group, we kept an average pace of 27.5km/hr (about 17miles/hr) which include a number of stops and a couple of big hills, both which tend to slow the group down. Most of the time we were keeping it above 30km/hr (~18.5 miles/hr).

But there was one lady there who was fairly new to riding. Super strong and able to keep up without much problems, but kept doing things like leaving the pace line to ride beside her friend. Not a huge deal, but kinda broke the flow of the pace line.

So we get to the last big hill, and I'm ready to bomb down as fast as I can. Me and another experienced rider go to pass her, and I yell "on your left" as a warning. Well, she holds her position in the middle of the road. I yell it again, and she starts to creep left. We're eventually forced into the oncoming lane to pass her, but I also lost the best chance to pick up speed down the hill.

The whole thing wasn't a big deal, she's new and has to learn to ride with a group....but she takes offence if people tell her she was doing it wrong. She peeled off early so I didn't get to talk with her, but hopefully her friend on the ride mentions this to her and she actually listens.

Biking dramas!!! Are also not on BET-approved list?

Not really dramas, just venting.

And I think you will find that bike tawk has a long history in the BET, from CI's knee, to Mo's handle bar hand.

I stand corrected.


Bike tawk, yes. Remember teh Ultraginas?

Fishing tawk, ehhhh, not so much.

I decided to branch out a bit and do some other spurts since it's getting so hot here. Did a group ride Monday evening; Dubbya Vee is so fucking hilly that it really kicked my ass, we rode waaaaaay down the road that goes past the Jung compound, then went back up another way, lost and gained probably near 1000 feet.

Then, yesterday, did the river with some alkie guide friends of mine. Much boozing and [redacted] was had, see teh facespace for pics!

Becoming multidimentional with non conforming sport?

It’s cooler up here. You could always come for a visit and onflash the Monument.

Damn, once again I lack the time to make it up to Canadia. Going to take July off climbing, just do a quick three week hangbored cycle, then some power before I leave for Yewtah in mid-August for the two-week book speaking tour.

Then, when I get back to WV for Labor Day, I'm quitting the restaurant (which will help lose weight, heh), starting up a substitute teaching gig that actually pays really well and has a flexible schedule, and hopefully have a good hard tard autumn.

You could delay coming back by one week, and climb with Banz in Yewtah.

Glad to hear that substitute-teaching works out.


Naw, gotta be back to the campground for the Day of Labor.

I am missing climbing with you and Banz, though (even though we kind of had different goals this spring). What are your 4th of July plans? We're doing a movie/BBQ here. You and Jeff should come!

You've seen only about two dozens FB posts by BAnz over the past couple weeks, and you don't know where we would be for the 4th of July? You haven't been paying attention!

Oh yeah. I knew he would be at Xzzz, didn't know you would be too.

Oh well, now you do. I won't ask you if you want to go, too...

Doc, how do YOU feel about showing your bearded face in the vicinity of Xzzz?

Hard to say, hard to say.

If only there was someone who could read your mind... they might know.


caughtinside


Jun 17, 2014, 10:48 PM
Post #102655 of 102893 (669 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30368

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Put the bolts in the new route today and red pointed. Low 10 seems to be consensus. The new crag has a mid 11 as well. Good old hdao climbing.

First time placing glue ins. Lot of work and messy.

Went out to the other project on Sunday night and managed a one hang so feeling good about that. Climbing seems to be going well these days.


camhead


Jun 18, 2014, 4:58 AM
Post #102656 of 102893 (662 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20700

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Put the bolts in the new route today and red pointed. Low 10 seems to be consensus. The new crag has a mid 11 as well. Good old hdao climbing.

First time placing glue ins. Lot of work and messy.

Went out to the other project on Sunday night and managed a one hang so feeling good about that. Climbing seems to be going well these days.

I've not messed with Glue-ins yet, though they're getting used in more and more rebolting around here.

Rad day at the Gunks on Monday. No crowds. With the heat, the try-hard has been suffering, so we just went for mileage and did classic single-pitch 5.10s all day. I'm still beat, though. Trad climbing is hard on the LisPaul, since I do so much damn standing around while widget-fiddling. Ran into gblauer there; said waddup, but I don't think she remembered me.


granite_grrl


Jun 18, 2014, 5:53 AM
Post #102657 of 102893 (656 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14700

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Glue ins take a bit of getting used to I think if you don't have anyone to give you some tricks and tips, but they are the only way to go for certain types of rock IMO.

Around here everyone should be using glueins (limestone's a bitch), but most people are too lazy.


caughtinside


Jun 18, 2014, 8:07 AM
Post #102658 of 102893 (649 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30368

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The glue ins are a bit of a hassle and messy, but not as bad as I thought they would be with a few tricks. It's a little stressful to get them all in before the glue dries in the gun tip. And the set time was 45 minutes so we were able to climb it. I think full cure is 24 hrs? Glue is $20 a tube though


granite_grrl


Jun 18, 2014, 8:36 AM
Post #102659 of 102893 (639 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14700

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
The glue ins are a bit of a hassle and messy, but not as bad as I thought they would be with a few tricks. It's a little stressful to get them all in before the glue dries in the gun tip. And the set time was 45 minutes so we were able to climb it. I think full cure is 24 hrs? Glue is $20 a tube though

I bought Nathan the Hilti glue gun a couple of years ago. It's a little more user friendly I think and makes it easier to save the unused glue. You still lose what's in the mixing tube, so it's most cost effective to have more than one route lined up (depending on route length).

Nathan also uses different glue depending on the time of the year (summer vs winter). I think the shortest set time he was dealing with was 30min, and he had three different routes along the cliff to do. It was funny to watch him rush around.

Hardware is pretty cheap at MEC, I think we worked it out that the cost of a glue-in was close to the same price as a bolt + hanger is you don't waste too much glue. If you start using 1/2" bolts the glue-ins are probably cheaper.


lena_chita
Moderator

Jun 19, 2014, 8:19 AM
Post #102660 of 102893 (587 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5581

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

We had quite a spectacular storm last night. The lightning struck the transformer on the gym roof, and blew out the overhead lights. That was some loud thunder crack, you guys!

My car also got struck. What are the chances? But one of the guys at the gym was standing by the open bay watching the storm, and saw it. No ill effects as far as I could tell. It just flashed lights.

Weirdly enough, there was still power, it was just the overhead lights that got fried. And we had to finish setting for the boulder league tonight. So we finished by the little lanterns and flood lights. It was actually sort of cool, shadows and mood lighting and shit.


granite_grrl


Jun 19, 2014, 8:55 AM
Post #102661 of 102893 (574 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14700

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
We had quite a spectacular storm last night. The lightning struck the transformer on the gym roof, and blew out the overhead lights. That was some loud thunder crack, you guys!

My car also got struck. What are the chances? But one of the guys at the gym was standing by the open bay watching the storm, and saw it. No ill effects as far as I could tell. It just flashed lights.

Weirdly enough, there was still power, it was just the overhead lights that got fried. And we had to finish setting for the boulder league tonight. So we finished by the little lanterns and flood lights. It was actually sort of cool, shadows and mood lighting and shit.

I wonder if that was part of the same storm system that we suffered through this past Tuesday. Caused come tornados about 1.5 hours away from where I work, and 4 people got struck by lightning on a golf coarse closer to Toronto.

Rain stopped up here around 5pm and of course we thought it was a dandy night to go riding still. Yup, 45km with what seemed to be a headwind in every direction. Still kept up a good speed, but it killed me.

So at the time trial last night I sucked. I'm used to being one of the slowest there, but I was hands down the slowest by a bunch last night.

I'm tired today, still going running tonight. Just an easy 5km to try to get the junk out of my legs though.


lena_chita
Moderator

Jun 23, 2014, 4:33 AM
Post #102662 of 102893 (438 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5581

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
We had quite a spectacular storm last night. The lightning struck the transformer on the gym roof, and blew out the overhead lights. That was some loud thunder crack, you guys!

My car also got struck. What are the chances? But one of the guys at the gym was standing by the open bay watching the storm, and saw it. No ill effects as far as I could tell. It just flashed lights.

Weirdly enough, there was still power, it was just the overhead lights that got fried. And we had to finish setting for the boulder league tonight. So we finished by the little lanterns and flood lights. It was actually sort of cool, shadows and mood lighting and shit.

I wonder if that was part of the same storm system that we suffered through this past Tuesday. Caused come tornados about 1.5 hours away from where I work, and 4 people got struck by lightning on a golf coarse closer to Toronto.

Rain stopped up here around 5pm and of course we thought it was a dandy night to go riding still. Yup, 45km with what seemed to be a headwind in every direction. Still kept up a good speed, but it killed me.

So at the time trial last night I sucked. I'm used to being one of the slowest there, but I was hands down the slowest by a bunch last night.

I'm tired today, still going running tonight. Just an easy 5km to try to get the junk out of my legs though.

You are doing lots of running and biking these days. Add some swimming to it, and maybe the chossmonkey family will have a triathlon champ, as well as the pegboard champ?


lena_chita
Moderator

Jun 23, 2014, 4:39 AM
Post #102663 of 102893 (437 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5581

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I spent the weekend doing more gardening than anything else. Veggie garden now has drip irrigation, courtesy of Heffe. The radishes might be ready to harvest next week. I sure hope I get more than radishes out of this! So far, it is one expensive hobby!


granite_grrl


Jun 23, 2014, 5:09 AM
Post #102664 of 102893 (430 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14700

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
We had quite a spectacular storm last night. The lightning struck the transformer on the gym roof, and blew out the overhead lights. That was some loud thunder crack, you guys!

My car also got struck. What are the chances? But one of the guys at the gym was standing by the open bay watching the storm, and saw it. No ill effects as far as I could tell. It just flashed lights.

Weirdly enough, there was still power, it was just the overhead lights that got fried. And we had to finish setting for the boulder league tonight. So we finished by the little lanterns and flood lights. It was actually sort of cool, shadows and mood lighting and shit.

I wonder if that was part of the same storm system that we suffered through this past Tuesday. Caused come tornados about 1.5 hours away from where I work, and 4 people got struck by lightning on a golf coarse closer to Toronto.

Rain stopped up here around 5pm and of course we thought it was a dandy night to go riding still. Yup, 45km with what seemed to be a headwind in every direction. Still kept up a good speed, but it killed me.

So at the time trial last night I sucked. I'm used to being one of the slowest there, but I was hands down the slowest by a bunch last night.

I'm tired today, still going running tonight. Just an easy 5km to try to get the junk out of my legs though.

You are doing lots of running and biking these days. Add some swimming to it, and maybe the chossmonkey family will have a triathlon champ, as well as the pegboard champ?


Got third place at the 10km race on Saturday (28th place total between both men and women). It was a small race (80 people total?) but I don't think that I race fast enough that I should have placed. I'm getting faster though.

But now I've pulled something in my foot/calf and can hardly walk. Definitely no running for me this week! Just as well, I need a break.


granite_grrl


Jun 23, 2014, 5:14 AM
Post #102665 of 102893 (430 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14700

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
I spent the weekend doing more gardening than anything else. Veggie garden now has drip irrigation, courtesy of Heffe. The radishes might be ready to harvest next week. I sure hope I get more than radishes out of this! So far, it is one expensive hobby!

Yes, after running on Saturday I went into mega gardening mode. I dug up 8 plants to move/split, then dug 15 more hole to plant/replant stuff. Big work! Which is why my foot is screwed up right now.

On the bright side, my foot seems okay with climbing shoes.


dr_feelgood


Jun 23, 2014, 8:51 AM
Post #102666 of 102893 (409 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25720

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Running and gardening and biking, Oh My!

In other news, SoCak sucks. Riverside is a postmodern wasteland that is primed for a zombie apocalypse.
But it has been raining for about a week and a half in bozeman, so I've been working and trail running and stuff. Don't need to water the garden.


snoopy138


Jun 23, 2014, 10:34 AM
Post #102667 of 102893 (394 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28726

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
We had quite a spectacular storm last night. The lightning struck the transformer on the gym roof, and blew out the overhead lights. That was some loud thunder crack, you guys!

My car also got struck. What are the chances? But one of the guys at the gym was standing by the open bay watching the storm, and saw it. No ill effects as far as I could tell. It just flashed lights.

Weirdly enough, there was still power, it was just the overhead lights that got fried. And we had to finish setting for the boulder league tonight. So we finished by the little lanterns and flood lights. It was actually sort of cool, shadows and mood lighting and shit.

I wonder if that was part of the same storm system that we suffered through this past Tuesday. Caused come tornados about 1.5 hours away from where I work, and 4 people got struck by lightning on a golf coarse closer to Toronto.

Rain stopped up here around 5pm and of course we thought it was a dandy night to go riding still. Yup, 45km with what seemed to be a headwind in every direction. Still kept up a good speed, but it killed me.

So at the time trial last night I sucked. I'm used to being one of the slowest there, but I was hands down the slowest by a bunch last night.

I'm tired today, still going running tonight. Just an easy 5km to try to get the junk out of my legs though.

You are doing lots of running and biking these days. Add some swimming to it, and maybe the chossmonkey family will have a triathlon champ, as well as the pegboard champ?


Got third place at the 10km race on Saturday (28th place total between both men and women). It was a small race (80 people total?) but I don't think that I race fast enough that I should have placed. I'm getting faster though.

But now I've pulled something in my foot/calf and can hardly walk. Definitely no running for me this week! Just as well, I need a break.

running is bad for ewe. it's just a fact.

I werkt this weke end. One more weke, and then the werklode should drop significantly. At least that's the hope.


snoopy138


Jun 23, 2014, 10:35 AM
Post #102668 of 102893 (391 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28726

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Running and gardening and biking, Oh My!

In other news, SoCak sucks. Riverside is a postmodern wasteland that is primed for a zombie apocalypse.
But it has been raining for about a week and a half in bozeman, so I've been working and trail running and stuff. Don't need to water the garden.

uhh, first off, don't judge socak by riverside. it's a shithole, and must have been around 100 this weke end. what the fuk were you doing their?


camhead


Jun 23, 2014, 10:43 AM
Post #102669 of 102893 (387 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20700

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
running is bad for ewe. it's just a fact.

Yes, undeniably factual.

Fucked up my elbow yesterday. Was surfing on a standing wave on the Gauley River, and I guess hand-paddled too aggressively. Got to stand-up, but then once I got to shore, felt it hurting pretty bad. Got worse, I think I just hyper extended it. It's feeling a bit better today, but climbing is going to be out for the next week or so. As will most other spurts. Gargh.


snoopy138


Jun 23, 2014, 10:57 AM
Post #102670 of 102893 (382 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28726

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
running is bad for ewe. it's just a fact.

Yes, undeniably factual.

Fucked up my elbow yesterday. Was surfing on a standing wave on the Gauley River, and I guess hand-paddled too aggressively. Got to stand-up, but then once I got to shore, felt it hurting pretty bad. Got worse, I think I just hyper extended it. It's feeling a bit better today, but climbing is going to be out for the next week or so. As will most other spurts. Gargh.

cross-training is really just bad for ewe in general, seems to be the lesson hear.


dr_feelgood


Jun 23, 2014, 11:17 AM
Post #102671 of 102893 (373 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25720

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Running and gardening and biking, Oh My!

In other news, SoCak sucks. Riverside is a postmodern wasteland that is primed for a zombie apocalypse.
But it has been raining for about a week and a half in bozeman, so I've been working and trail running and stuff. Don't need to water the garden.

uhh, first off, don't judge socak by riverside. it's a shithole, and must have been around 100 this weke end. what the fuk were you doing their?

I had a conference that I didn't want to go to. Spent most of my free time drinking in a beer and pizza joint near UCR.

It was horrible.


dr_feelgood


Jun 23, 2014, 11:18 AM
Post #102672 of 102893 (371 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25720

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
running is bad for ewe. it's just a fact.

Yes, undeniably factual.

Fucked up my elbow yesterday. Was surfing on a standing wave on the Gauley River, and I guess hand-paddled too aggressively. Got to stand-up, but then once I got to shore, felt it hurting pretty bad. Got worse, I think I just hyper extended it. It's feeling a bit better today, but climbing is going to be out for the next week or so. As will most other spurts. Gargh.

cross-training is really just bad for ewe in general, seems to be the lesson hear.

I thought we had determined this years ago. The only thing more dangerous than cross-training is a RDC.


lena_chita
Moderator

Jun 23, 2014, 11:20 AM
Post #102673 of 102893 (369 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5581

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
running is bad for ewe. it's just a fact.

Yes, undeniably factual.

Fucked up my elbow yesterday. Was surfing on a standing wave on the Gauley River, and I guess hand-paddled too aggressively. Got to stand-up, but then once I got to shore, felt it hurting pretty bad. Got worse, I think I just hyper extended it. It's feeling a bit better today, but climbing is going to be out for the next week or so. As will most other spurts. Gargh.

Well, if you had to f&ck up your elbow, humid-by-god-WV-summer would be the right time to do it.

All of you gotta-partake-different-activities are making me sick. I wish I could have gone dancing this weekend. Tongue


snoopy138


Jun 23, 2014, 11:35 AM
Post #102674 of 102893 (354 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28726

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Running and gardening and biking, Oh My!

In other news, SoCak sucks. Riverside is a postmodern wasteland that is primed for a zombie apocalypse.
But it has been raining for about a week and a half in bozeman, so I've been working and trail running and stuff. Don't need to water the garden.

uhh, first off, don't judge socak by riverside. it's a shithole, and must have been around 100 this weke end. what the fuk were you doing their?

I had a conference that I didn't want to go to. Spent most of my free time drinking in a beer and pizza joint near UCR.

It was horrible.

should have gone to the quarry early in the AM, it was all of 15 minutes away. But yes, riverside is horrible.


caughtinside


Jun 23, 2014, 11:36 AM
Post #102675 of 102893 (352 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30368

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hosted a Nice Brunch on Saturday. good times, maybe 40 guests. tasty food.

Sunday went out to Mickey's Beach, a place where I have enjoyed little success in the past. The streak continued, but I did do pretty well on Sex Porpoises. Thing is nasty, but I think I can send. But I'd have to go back to do so. heh.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4103 4104 4105 4106 4107 4108 4109 4110 4111 ... 4116 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$2.66 (10% off)
$3.56 (10% off)
$157.95 (10% off)
$238.46 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook