Forums: Climbing Information: Events & Gatherings:
New River Gorge Rendevous 2010
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

 


kate12


Mar 15, 2010, 12:28 AM
Post #1 of 88 (5961 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 11, 2010
Posts: 5

New River Gorge Rendevous 2010
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi! I live near the bay area in California but I'm going to the New for the rendevous...I've never been there to climb before.. Is anyone going who could show me the ropes? I just really want to find some good bouldering spots. I've heard that you need to know where to go. Thanks! Kate


curator


Mar 15, 2010, 3:43 AM
Post #2 of 88 (5940 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 29, 2005
Posts: 91

Re: [kate12] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

bouldering at the New is commonly referred to as masturbating in a whore house. But if you really prefer masturbating there will be plenty of people around to point you in the right direction. There is a steady crew of volunteers at the Rendevous site that can offer directions and if you compete in the bouldering comp you can certainly catch a ride to any of the classic areas. See you there.


Partner j_ung


Mar 15, 2010, 6:16 AM
Post #3 of 88 (5906 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [kate12] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Aaaannnnnd, since we now have a thread appropriately titled, let's go ahead and make this the OFFICIAL New River Rendezvous 2010 thread! Thanks, Kate!

May 14-16, 2010 (and semi-officially, Thursday night, 5/13)...

NRR 2010 (our 8th) is Ocho Loco, and crazy it will be. You been to a 'Vous before? Not like this one, you haven't. Ocho Loco promises all sorts of never-before-seen weirdness for three (semi-officially four) straight days at the lowest price going.

Register before May 1 and it's only $25 for all of it, including all the games, competitions, events, shows, food and beer you've come to love and expect -- only a stone's throw from the rim of the right coast's best single-pitch cragging. Play the weather, if you dare, but register after May 1 and the price goes up to $30.

Check here for registration info and much, much more.

So... who's comin'?


granite_grrl


Mar 15, 2010, 6:49 AM
Post #4 of 88 (5890 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14696

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
Aaaannnnnd, since we now have a thread appropriately titled, let's go ahead and make this the OFFICIAL New River Rendezvous 2010 thread! Thanks, Kate!

May 14-16, 2010 (and semi-officially, Thursday night, 5/13)...

NRR 2010 (our 8th) is Ocho Loco, and crazy it will be. You been to a 'Vous before? Not like this one, you haven't. Ocho Loco promises all sorts of never-before-seen weirdness for three (semi-officially four) straight days at the lowest price going.

Register before May 1 and it's only $25 for all of it, including all the games, competitions, events, shows, food and beer you've come to love and expect -- only a stone's throw from the rim of the right coast's best single-pitch cragging. Play the weather, if you dare, but register after May 1 and the price goes up to $30.

Check here for registration info and much, much more.

So... who's comin'?
Woooo!

Looks like I'll finally be dragging my friend Kelly (obsessed) along. I'm seeing a convert in the making.


tuna


Mar 15, 2010, 7:26 AM
Post #5 of 88 (5879 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 28, 2004
Posts: 188

Re: [granite_grrl] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Jay I am ready to brew some coffee once again. I hope this year I will be healed up in time to at least do a bit of climbing. Save my spot on the couch.

ciao
Santana


lena_chita
Moderator

Mar 15, 2010, 7:47 AM
Post #6 of 88 (5868 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5575

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Woooo!!!! I'll be there. Sounds like the cooler people get the coach again, but backyard still open?


Partner j_ung


Mar 15, 2010, 12:19 PM
Post #7 of 88 (5810 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [tuna] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

tuna wrote:
Jay I am ready to brew some coffee once again. I hope this year I will be healed up in time to at least do a bit of climbing. Save my spot on the couch.

ciao
Santana

Done! looking forward to seeing ya, tuna. FYI, however, Wendy is not the volunteer queen this year. The email address, however, for volunteering is the same: rendezvousvolunteer(at)yahoo(dot)com. Give a call if you want more info.


Partner j_ung


Mar 15, 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #8 of 88 (5808 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [lena_chita] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Woooo!!!! I'll be there. Sounds like the cooler people get the coach again, but backyard still open?

More like people we've known longest! We will have space for you, Lena! Becca, you and Nate, too, if you want it.


granite_grrl


Mar 15, 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #9 of 88 (5802 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14696

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Woooo!!!! I'll be there. Sounds like the cooler people get the coach again, but backyard still open?

More like people we've known longest! We will have space for you, Lena! Becca, you and Nate, too, if you want it.
When have I brought Nate to the 'vous? Nah, I'm going to party with my girl friend instead Wink! I'll ask where she wants to stay, but if we both plan on drinking then on site camping is a must.

It's not on Victoria Day weekend this year (bummer!) so we'll only get down for 3 days instead of the 4 day weekend that holiday has allowed me in the past.


Partner j_ung


Mar 15, 2010, 12:49 PM
Post #10 of 88 (5788 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [granite_grrl] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
j_ung wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Woooo!!!! I'll be there. Sounds like the cooler people get the coach again, but backyard still open?

More like people we've known longest! We will have space for you, Lena! Becca, you and Nate, too, if you want it.
When have I brought Nate to the 'vous? Nah, I'm going to party with my girl friend instead Wink! I'll ask where she wants to stay, but if we both plan on drinking then on site camping is a must.

It's not on Victoria Day weekend this year (bummer!) so we'll only get down for 3 days instead of the 4 day weekend that holiday has allowed me in the past.

Ah, well... three are better than none!


tuna


Mar 15, 2010, 4:40 PM
Post #11 of 88 (5727 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 28, 2004
Posts: 188

Re: [lena_chita] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Woooo!!!! I'll be there. Sounds like the cooler people get the coach again, but backyard still open?

I'm willing to share.

ciao
Santana


lena_chita
Moderator

Mar 15, 2010, 5:36 PM
Post #12 of 88 (5718 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5575

Re: [tuna] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

tuna wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Woooo!!!! I'll be there. Sounds like the cooler people get the coach again, but backyard still open?

I'm willing to share.

ciao
Santana

You didn't even ask if I would be there with someone? Jay's couch is not that big... Tongue


tuna


Mar 15, 2010, 5:48 PM
Post #13 of 88 (5716 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 28, 2004
Posts: 188

Re: [lena_chita] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was thinking more on that you can have it during the day and I get it back at night. Wink

ciao
Santana


kate12


Mar 16, 2010, 1:48 AM
Post #14 of 88 (5690 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 11, 2010
Posts: 5

Re: [curator] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Masturbating in a whore house huh? well I would love to rope up or do some deep water soloing but I'm coming alone from California so unless I meet some people who already don't have climbing partners I'm solo. And as for the bouldering comp...I was thinking about partaking in the novice comp but I only started climbing 3 months ago and I'm only climbing V3's so I'm just a little scared.


troutboy


Mar 16, 2010, 5:19 AM
Post #15 of 88 (5681 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 25, 2003
Posts: 903

Re: [kate12] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

kate12 wrote:
Masturbating in a whore house huh? well I would love to rope up or do some deep water soloing but I'm coming alone from California so unless I meet some people who already don't have climbing partners I'm solo.

The lake may not yet be at summer pool, making that deep water solo landing a bit "hard". Even if the water is at summer pool...potential "burrrrr".

However, considering you're a woman at a climber's gathering, I really would not worry about finding a partner Wink

TS


granite_grrl


Mar 16, 2010, 5:40 AM
Post #16 of 88 (5679 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14696

Re: [kate12] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

kate12 wrote:
Masturbating in a whore house huh? well I would love to rope up or do some deep water soloing but I'm coming alone from California so unless I meet some people who already don't have climbing partners I'm solo. And as for the bouldering comp...I was thinking about partaking in the novice comp but I only started climbing 3 months ago and I'm only climbing V3's so I'm just a little scared.
Try and make use to the clinics, they're a good way to spend the day if you're solo. Also, it's not that hard to hook up with people when you're down there too. I was planning on heading down with or without my friend, being there solo isn't a big deal.


obsessed


Mar 16, 2010, 3:54 PM
Post #17 of 88 (5645 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2003
Posts: 9341

Re: [granite_grrl] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
j_ung wrote:
Aaaannnnnd, since we now have a thread appropriately titled, let's go ahead and make this the OFFICIAL New River Rendezvous 2010 thread! Thanks, Kate!

May 14-16, 2010 (and semi-officially, Thursday night, 5/13)...

NRR 2010 (our 8th) is Ocho Loco, and crazy it will be. You been to a 'Vous before? Not like this one, you haven't. Ocho Loco promises all sorts of never-before-seen weirdness for three (semi-officially four) straight days at the lowest price going.

Register before May 1 and it's only $25 for all of it, including all the games, competitions, events, shows, food and beer you've come to love and expect -- only a stone's throw from the rim of the right coast's best single-pitch cragging. Play the weather, if you dare, but register after May 1 and the price goes up to $30.

Check here for registration info and much, much more.

So... who's comin'?
Woooo!

Looks like I'll finally be dragging my friend Kelly (obsessed) along. I'm seeing a convert in the making.
Woo! Finally is right, it only took what 2 years?


obsessed


Mar 16, 2010, 3:55 PM
Post #18 of 88 (5643 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2003
Posts: 9341

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Woooo!!!! I'll be there. Sounds like the cooler people get the coach again, but backyard still open?

More like people we've known longest! We will have space for you, Lena! Becca, you and Nate, too, if you want it.
I'm pretending to be nathan that weekend, does that count?? Now if only I could climb like him *sigh*


troutboy


Mar 16, 2010, 7:22 PM
Post #19 of 88 (5627 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 25, 2003
Posts: 903

Re: [obsessed] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

obsessed wrote:
I'm pretending to be nathan that weekend, does that count?? Now if only I could climb like him *sigh*

Must...resist...tacky...off color....comment.

Seriously though, y'all have fun. Unfortunately for me, I'll be stuck in McAllister Oklahoma.

TS


Partner j_ung


Mar 17, 2010, 3:49 AM
Post #20 of 88 (5611 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [obsessed] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

obsessed wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
j_ung wrote:
Aaaannnnnd, since we now have a thread appropriately titled, let's go ahead and make this the OFFICIAL New River Rendezvous 2010 thread! Thanks, Kate!

May 14-16, 2010 (and semi-officially, Thursday night, 5/13)...

NRR 2010 (our 8th) is Ocho Loco, and crazy it will be. You been to a 'Vous before? Not like this one, you haven't. Ocho Loco promises all sorts of never-before-seen weirdness for three (semi-officially four) straight days at the lowest price going.

Register before May 1 and it's only $25 for all of it, including all the games, competitions, events, shows, food and beer you've come to love and expect -- only a stone's throw from the rim of the right coast's best single-pitch cragging. Play the weather, if you dare, but register after May 1 and the price goes up to $30.

Check here for registration info and much, much more.

So... who's comin'?
Woooo!

Looks like I'll finally be dragging my friend Kelly (obsessed) along. I'm seeing a convert in the making.
Woo! Finally is right, it only took what 2 years?

SHAME! You'll have to buy everybody at Ocho Loco a beer.


dr_feelgood


Mar 17, 2010, 6:36 AM
Post #21 of 88 (5600 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25720

Re: [kate12] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

NO ONE TOLD ME THAT CHRIS LINDNER WOULD BE THERE! I'M TOTALLY COMING SO THAT HE CAN SIGN MY TEE SHIRT!


Partner j_ung


Mar 17, 2010, 2:27 PM
Post #22 of 88 (5566 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [dr_feelgood] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Give me $5 and I'll get him to sign your boobs.


obsessed


Mar 18, 2010, 1:08 PM
Post #23 of 88 (5529 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2003
Posts: 9341

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
obsessed wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
j_ung wrote:
Aaaannnnnd, since we now have a thread appropriately titled, let's go ahead and make this the OFFICIAL New River Rendezvous 2010 thread! Thanks, Kate!

May 14-16, 2010 (and semi-officially, Thursday night, 5/13)...

NRR 2010 (our 8th) is Ocho Loco, and crazy it will be. You been to a 'Vous before? Not like this one, you haven't. Ocho Loco promises all sorts of never-before-seen weirdness for three (semi-officially four) straight days at the lowest price going.

Register before May 1 and it's only $25 for all of it, including all the games, competitions, events, shows, food and beer you've come to love and expect -- only a stone's throw from the rim of the right coast's best single-pitch cragging. Play the weather, if you dare, but register after May 1 and the price goes up to $30.

Check here for registration info and much, much more.

So... who's comin'?
Woooo!

Looks like I'll finally be dragging my friend Kelly (obsessed) along. I'm seeing a convert in the making.
Woo! Finally is right, it only took what 2 years?

SHAME! You'll have to buy everybody at Ocho Loco a beer.
Everybody?? Won't be hard to do....I hear there is free beer! whoo hooo


Partner j_ung


Mar 18, 2010, 3:37 PM
Post #24 of 88 (5515 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [obsessed] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Then make it two! Laugh


Partner j_ung


Mar 29, 2010, 7:32 PM
Post #25 of 88 (5395 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ocho Loco continues to get wilder and crazier. Metolius owner Doug Phillips will be there conducting free gear maintenance and repair clinics. Osprey is sponsoring Take the HOV Lane and Win. (Roll into the event and sign in with three or more registrants in your car and each of you can enter a drawing to win one of four Raptor 6 Hydration Packs.) And of course, we'll bring the weird -- word on the street is that the Tickle Monster is coming... and man is he pissed.


Partner j_ung


Apr 13, 2010, 6:38 AM
Post #26 of 88 (2963 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Lots more coming together for the 'Vous! Freekbass is playing again this year. They funked it out but good last year. Deadpoint Mag is hosting Poker in Access, a no-limit, no-blind Texas Hold-'em tourney from which all proceeds will go to the Access Fund. The buy in is $250. And definitely don't mis the Odub-Jer Artastic Jamnation! I once saw Jer Collins paint a freaking masterpiece on stage at night at a Red Rock Rendezvous, as several hundred of us stood mesmerized and watched the whole thing despite driving rain and howling wind. Now he's got Odub with him, and who knows what sort of craziness they're cooking up? Whatever it is, they'll auction it off afterward. Aaaannnnd... for all you early-birds, we have tons o' pre-Vous fun planned as Mountain Khakis hosts the Thursday-night festivities for the third year in a row. Come on out and let's see how many people we can get out of their pants. (Seriously)

Pertinent links:

http://www.mountainkhakis.com
http://www.deadpointmag.com
http://www.accessfund.org
http://www.freekbass.com
http://www.odubmusic.com/
http://www.jercollins.com

and of course...

http://www.newriverrendezvous.com


cjon3s


Apr 13, 2010, 9:24 AM
Post #27 of 88 (2953 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2009
Posts: 150

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'll be there! Sounds like it's going to be a ton of fun.


blondgecko
Moderator

Apr 13, 2010, 2:52 PM
Post #28 of 88 (2945 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 2, 2004
Posts: 7666

Re: [cjon3s] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Moved to "Events and Gatherings" at j_ung's request, so that the thread is seen on the front page.


Partner j_ung


Apr 13, 2010, 2:53 PM
Post #29 of 88 (2944 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [blondgecko] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

^^ Librarian! Nanny state!

Tongue


(This post was edited by j_ung on Apr 13, 2010, 2:54 PM)


karmiclimber


Apr 13, 2010, 3:03 PM
Post #30 of 88 (2937 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 10, 2004
Posts: 1058

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I want to go! Just once. One year. Gah. I WANT TO GO SO BAD.


staredge


Apr 13, 2010, 3:08 PM
Post #31 of 88 (2934 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 25, 2006
Posts: 23

Re: [karmiclimber] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was at #4. My most vivid memory was the party on Saturday night.....after tons of free beer and Vodka & Red Bull. Dark ?tent?, band rolling, people dancing.......remember the party scene in Platoon? Much like that. One of those experiences that live in my mind like a scene from a particularly dark & inventive indy film.

Wish I could go this year. Unsure


karmiclimber


Apr 13, 2010, 3:11 PM
Post #32 of 88 (2930 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 10, 2004
Posts: 1058

Re: [staredge] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I want to go for the clinics. And the people! And the gear. And the famous climbers. I am a 1 beer cheap date. JUST ONE YEAR.


Partner j_ung


Apr 13, 2010, 4:44 PM
Post #33 of 88 (2921 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [karmiclimber] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

You're only in Ohio! What's the problem?


blurricus


Apr 14, 2010, 10:36 AM
Post #34 of 88 (2884 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2009
Posts: 46

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Oh I'm in. Comin' from Minnesota. Lookin' forward to it. Anyone down for some Friday climbing?


camhead


Apr 14, 2010, 11:02 AM
Post #35 of 88 (2881 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20698

Re: [kate12] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

kate12 wrote:
...I'm going to the New for the rendevous...I've never been there to climb before.

First off, going to the rendezvous with the intention of climbing is a sketchy expectation at best.

Second off, I'll be there. Woo!


granite_grrl


Apr 14, 2010, 1:14 PM
Post #36 of 88 (2868 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14696

Re: [camhead] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
kate12 wrote:
...I'm going to the New for the rendevous...I've never been there to climb before.

First off, going to the rendezvous with the intention of climbing is a sketchy expectation at best.

Second off, I'll be there. Woo!
How do you think I convinced Kelly to go?


Partner j_ung


Apr 20, 2010, 5:58 AM
Post #37 of 88 (2826 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [granite_grrl] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

If you're going to register, but haven't yet, now's the time to get your thumb out of your butt! On May 1 the price goes from $25 to $30... and it will STILL be the cheapest weekend of clinics, food, beer, funk music, games of skill and chance, and nudity* you ever saw. Clinic space is filling fast, and you have to register for the 'Vous before you can register for a clinic.

What are you waiting for, a weather report? Although winter 2009-10 was one of the bleakest for climbers in memory (maybe four days of sunshine total), spring is shaping up to be one of the best; we've had maybe three days of rain. F$#@ my garden! Climb on!

*One can hope.

http://www.newriverrendezvous.com


blurricus


Apr 20, 2010, 10:15 AM
Post #38 of 88 (2801 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2009
Posts: 46

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
and it will STILL be the cheapest weekend of clinics, food, beer, funk music, games of skill and chance, and nudity* you ever saw.
*One can hope.

As I recall, there is a "drop your pants" contest at some point. I plan on arriving naked. Well, I'll wear my climbing shoes, of course. But other than that, I hear it's too hot in the gorge to wear clothing.


Partner j_ung


Apr 20, 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #39 of 88 (2800 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [blurricus] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well, it's not a contest really. It's more of a fundraiser. And yes, far too hot for clothes. Wait, are you male or female? 'Cause it might depend.


Partner j_ung


Apr 20, 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #40 of 88 (2798 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Oh, and it's Thursday night.


Kartessa


Apr 20, 2010, 1:53 PM
Post #41 of 88 (2780 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [blurricus] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

blurricus wrote:
j_ung wrote:
and it will STILL be the cheapest weekend of clinics, food, beer, funk music, games of skill and chance, and nudity* you ever saw.
*One can hope.

As I recall, there is a "drop your pants" contest at some point. I plan on arriving naked. Well, I'll wear my climbing shoes, of course. But other than that, I hear it's too hot in the gorge to wear clothing.


Yeah, I'm gonna drive 8 hours to see your naked ass again!


blurricus


Apr 20, 2010, 2:25 PM
Post #42 of 88 (2772 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2009
Posts: 46

Re: [Kartessa] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
blurricus wrote:
j_ung wrote:
and it will STILL be the cheapest weekend of clinics, food, beer, funk music, games of skill and chance, and nudity* you ever saw.
*One can hope.

As I recall, there is a "drop your pants" contest at some point. I plan on arriving naked. Well, I'll wear my climbing shoes, of course. But other than that, I hear it's too hot in the gorge to wear clothing.


Yeah, I'm gonna drive 8 hours to see your naked ass again!

Again? How drunk did I get at Red Rocks? Stupid Gentlemen Jack...


Kartessa


Apr 20, 2010, 6:40 PM
Post #43 of 88 (2752 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [blurricus] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

blurricus wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
blurricus wrote:
j_ung wrote:
and it will STILL be the cheapest weekend of clinics, food, beer, funk music, games of skill and chance, and nudity* you ever saw.
*One can hope.

As I recall, there is a "drop your pants" contest at some point. I plan on arriving naked. Well, I'll wear my climbing shoes, of course. But other than that, I hear it's too hot in the gorge to wear clothing.


Yeah, I'm gonna drive 8 hours to see your naked ass again!

Again? How drunk did I get at Red Rocks? Stupid Gentlemen Jack...

Well I've learned my lesson... This time we're bringing 4 bottles!


obsessed


Apr 21, 2010, 9:47 AM
Post #44 of 88 (2729 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2003
Posts: 9341

Re: [granite_grrl] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
kate12 wrote:
...I'm going to the New for the rendevous...I've never been there to climb before.

First off, going to the rendezvous with the intention of climbing is a sketchy expectation at best.

Second off, I'll be there. Woo!
How do you think I convinced Kelly to go?
HEY!


granite_grrl


Apr 21, 2010, 10:28 AM
Post #45 of 88 (2722 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14696

Re: [obsessed] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

obsessed wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
kate12 wrote:
...I'm going to the New for the rendevous...I've never been there to climb before.

First off, going to the rendezvous with the intention of climbing is a sketchy expectation at best.

Second off, I'll be there. Woo!
How do you think I convinced Kelly to go?
HEY!
Well that and the beer of course.


camhead


Apr 29, 2010, 3:47 AM
Post #46 of 88 (2675 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20698

Re: [granite_grrl] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just registered online for the Rendezvous, and thought Id just give a brief warning/heads up about the active.com website that is the third party online registrar.

There were two instances in the registration process where the site tried to get you to sign up for "free" promotional deals; the first was inviting you to pick three magazines to get free three month trial subscriptions, and the second was at the very end of the registration process, inviting you to check a box to get $10 off next year's registration.

BOTH of these promotions contained fine print stating that you would signed up for automatic subscription to the magazines or to the website active.com, and your credit card billed, UNLESS you canceled these promotional subscriptions within a couple months. I had to read into it pretty hard, and a lot of people in a hurry might miss these fine points but just click for the "free" stuff.

Just thought I'd let everyone know. I hate these types of promotions that make a lot of their money by hoping that consumers will forget to cancel their "free" offers, and it was mildly sketchy to see these offers come up TWICE in the registration process.

That's all.


Kartessa


Apr 29, 2010, 6:45 AM
Post #47 of 88 (2648 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [camhead] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

As a Canadian, I know better...

Anything that is "free" in the US is unavailable here anyways.


blurricus


Apr 29, 2010, 7:51 AM
Post #48 of 88 (2631 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2009
Posts: 46

Re: [camhead] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yeah. Did anyone else notice their card getting charged way more than what it was supposed to with this website?


camhead


Apr 29, 2010, 8:53 AM
Post #49 of 88 (2621 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20698

Re: [blurricus] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

blurricus wrote:
Yeah. Did anyone else notice their card getting charged way more than what it was supposed to with this website?

Naw, my card as just charged the regular amount.

I guess I should clarify my above statement; the default settings in the registration process do not automatically sign you up for the promotions that could wind up billing you; you still have to consciously click the "give me free magazines," or "give me $10 off next year" options; I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew the fine print behind these promotions.


Partner j_ung


Apr 29, 2010, 9:59 AM
Post #50 of 88 (2607 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [blurricus] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

blurricus wrote:
Yeah. Did anyone else notice their card getting charged way more than what it was supposed to with this website?

If you got charged more than $25, definitely email maura(at)watersone(dot)com. She'll put you right! The only hidden fee here is a $2 registration fee from active.com, and we've included that in the $25 sign up -- NRAC eats that fee.


lena_chita
Moderator

Apr 29, 2010, 5:22 PM
Post #51 of 88 (3856 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5575

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yeah, if you are careful and don't click on any "free trial" buttons, it is ony $25...

Man, I looked through the 'Vous website, and I am bummed all over again... I found out yesterday that I have an unexpected engagement on Saturday that i just can't get out of.

I am already registered, and I am coming anyway, but I won't get to the New until Saturday around 8-9 pm, at the earliest... I'll be missing so many things!


Partner mr8615


Apr 29, 2010, 6:53 PM
Post #52 of 88 (3846 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 4, 2004
Posts: 1032

Re: [lena_chita] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'll be there, Vous number 7 for me, only missed the first one. =) I can't wait to see everyone.


Kartessa


Apr 30, 2010, 7:54 AM
Post #53 of 88 (3821 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [lena_chita] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

There's always a way out!

Try swine flu, guaranteed to get you out of any social obligation.


lena_chita
Moderator

Apr 30, 2010, 9:45 AM
Post #54 of 88 (3806 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5575

Re: [Kartessa] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
There's always a way out!

Try swine flu, guaranteed to get you out of any social obligation.

LOL, I wish! No, it would only get me a face mask... It is more of a work obligation, anyway.


Kartessa


Apr 30, 2010, 9:58 AM
Post #55 of 88 (3805 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [lena_chita] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
There's always a way out!

Try swine flu, guaranteed to get you out of any social obligation.

LOL, I wish! No, it would only get me a face mask... It is more of a work obligation, anyway.

"Work"!? Obviously someone doesn't believe in dirt-bagging it!


camhead


Apr 30, 2010, 10:03 AM
Post #56 of 88 (3804 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20698

Re: [Kartessa] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
There's always a way out!

Try swine flu, guaranteed to get you out of any social obligation.

LOL, I wish! No, it would only get me a face mask... It is more of a work obligation, anyway.

"Work"!? Obviously someone doesn't believe in dirt-bagging it!

Yeah Lena! Weakmo! Ditch your kids and house and live out of your Suburu! Dirtbag! Trust-Fund! Upper-middleclass-white-american-entitlement-slumming!


Kartessa


Apr 30, 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #57 of 88 (3802 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [camhead] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
There's always a way out!

Try swine flu, guaranteed to get you out of any social obligation.

LOL, I wish! No, it would only get me a face mask... It is more of a work obligation, anyway.

"Work"!? Obviously someone doesn't believe in dirt-bagging it!

Yeah Lena! Weakmo! Ditch your kids and house and live out of your Suburu! Dirtbag! Trust-Fund! Upper-middleclass-white-american-entitlement-slumming!

Now THATs what I'm talkin about!


lena_chita
Moderator

Apr 30, 2010, 10:27 AM
Post #58 of 88 (3800 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5575

Re: [camhead] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
There's always a way out!

Try swine flu, guaranteed to get you out of any social obligation.

LOL, I wish! No, it would only get me a face mask... It is more of a work obligation, anyway.

"Work"!? Obviously someone doesn't believe in dirt-bagging it!

Yeah Lena! Weakmo! Ditch your kids and house and live out of your Suburu! Dirtbag! Trust-Fund! Upper-middleclass-white-american-entitlement-slumming!

You wouldn't believe how appealing this sounds right now.

O.K., take me through this step-by-step. How do I get a trust fund? O.K., got to go now, CBS news people are here. /spray.Tongue


camhead


Apr 30, 2010, 10:40 AM
Post #59 of 88 (3796 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20698

Re: [lena_chita] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
There's always a way out!

Try swine flu, guaranteed to get you out of any social obligation.

LOL, I wish! No, it would only get me a face mask... It is more of a work obligation, anyway.

"Work"!? Obviously someone doesn't believe in dirt-bagging it!

Yeah Lena! Weakmo! Ditch your kids and house and live out of your Suburu! Dirtbag! Trust-Fund! Upper-middleclass-white-american-entitlement-slumming!

You wouldn't believe how appealing this sounds right now.

O.K., take me through this step-by-step. How do I get a trust fund? O.K., got to go now, CBS news people are here. /spray.Tongue

You don't get a trust fund without being first awarded a gold star sticker. And while you do have a suburu, you paid for it yourself, which disqualifies you from true dirtbag status. Tell THAT to CBS.


lena_chita
Moderator

Apr 30, 2010, 11:07 AM
Post #60 of 88 (3781 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5575

Re: [camhead] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
There's always a way out!

Try swine flu, guaranteed to get you out of any social obligation.

LOL, I wish! No, it would only get me a face mask... It is more of a work obligation, anyway.

"Work"!? Obviously someone doesn't believe in dirt-bagging it!

Yeah Lena! Weakmo! Ditch your kids and house and live out of your Suburu! Dirtbag! Trust-Fund! Upper-middleclass-white-american-entitlement-slumming!

You wouldn't believe how appealing this sounds right now.

O.K., take me through this step-by-step. How do I get a trust fund? O.K., got to go now, CBS news people are here. /spray.Tongue

You don't get a trust fund without being first awarded a gold star sticker. And while you do have a suburu, you paid for it yourself, which disqualifies you from true dirtbag status. Tell THAT to CBS.

Sigh... I knew that my communist childhood damaged me beyond repair. Now everything is clear. It all started with that gold star sticker than poor Russian kids never had a chance to get.


Partner j_ung


May 2, 2010, 3:42 PM
Post #61 of 88 (3744 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [lena_chita] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Yeah Lena! Weakmo! Ditch your kids and house and live out of your Suburu! Dirtbag! Trust-Fund! Upper-middleclass-white-american-entitlement-slumming!

We need an Ask-Camhead thread.

"Dear Camhead,
All I can think of is climbing, the NRR and climbing at the NRR. My boss, however, wears tiaras and loves sheep. And when I say 'loves,' I mean loooooooves. What's a gal to do?
Sincerely,
Frustrated in the Holler"


granite_grrl


May 2, 2010, 6:04 PM
Post #62 of 88 (3730 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14696

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
camhead wrote:
Yeah Lena! Weakmo! Ditch your kids and house and live out of your Suburu! Dirtbag! Trust-Fund! Upper-middleclass-white-american-entitlement-slumming!

We need an Ask-Camhead thread.

"Dear Camhead,
All I can think of is climbing, the NRR and climbing at the NRR. My boss, however, wears tiaras and loves sheep. And when I say 'loves,' I mean loooooooves. What's a gal to do?
Sincerely,
Frustrated in the Holler"
What are you doing hacking into Kelly's email account?


blurricus


May 3, 2010, 10:01 AM
Post #63 of 88 (3674 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2009
Posts: 46

Re: [lena_chita] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
I am already registered, and I am coming anyway, but I won't get to the New until Saturday around 8-9 pm, at the earliest... I'll be bringing bottles of whiskey for everyone!

Thank goodness somebody is thinking ahead! We'll probably have run out by that time. But don't worry. You won't have missed anything fun...at all...we promise.


Kartessa


May 3, 2010, 10:46 AM
Post #64 of 88 (3664 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [blurricus] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

blurricus wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
I am already registered, and I am coming anyway, but I won't get to the New until Saturday around 8-9 pm, at the earliest... I'll be bringing bottles of whiskey for everyone!

Thank goodness somebody is thinking ahead! We'll probably have run out by that time. But don't worry. You won't have missed anything fun...at all...we promise.

Aren't we the whiskey whore?

All this time I thought you liked me for me, when you just like my duty-free.


obsessed


May 3, 2010, 1:21 PM
Post #65 of 88 (3652 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2003
Posts: 9341

Re: [granite_grrl] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
j_ung wrote:
camhead wrote:
Yeah Lena! Weakmo! Ditch your kids and house and live out of your Suburu! Dirtbag! Trust-Fund! Upper-middleclass-white-american-entitlement-slumming!

We need an Ask-Camhead thread.

"Dear Camhead,
All I can think of is climbing, the NRR and climbing at the NRR. My boss, however, wears tiaras and loves sheep. And when I say 'loves,' I mean loooooooves. What's a gal to do?
Sincerely,
Frustrated in the Holler"
What are you doing hacking into Kelly's email account?
Hahahah pretty damn close eh. Well at least this time I shoved his tiara up his @#$ and said I'm outta here!


lena_chita
Moderator

May 3, 2010, 1:50 PM
Post #66 of 88 (3645 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5575

Re: [blurricus] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

blurricus wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
I am already registered, and I am coming anyway, but I won't get to the New until Saturday around 8-9 pm, at the earliest... I'll be bringing bottles of whiskey for everyone!

Thank goodness somebody is thinking ahead! We'll probably have run out by that time. But don't worry. You won't have missed anything fun...at all...we promise.

Didn't you get the memo? It is vodka, not whiskey!


cjon3s


May 4, 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #67 of 88 (3603 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2009
Posts: 150

Re: [lena_chita] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So is anyone gonna be getting there early? I'll be there the entire week before the 'Vous starts if anyone wants to climb.


Partner j_ung


May 4, 2010, 1:00 PM
Post #68 of 88 (3600 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [cjon3s] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I think I'll be pretty wrapped up in the set up, but I'm sure there'll be people around.


granite_grrl


May 6, 2010, 12:00 PM
Post #69 of 88 (3545 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14696

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So in a week we should be two hours into our drive down there....there's even a possibility that we might be able to catch some of the slide show and movie that night.


Partner j_ung


May 6, 2010, 12:02 PM
Post #70 of 88 (3544 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [granite_grrl] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Sweet! I'll bring your Gri-gri.


Partner j_ung


May 9, 2010, 3:55 PM
Post #71 of 88 (3493 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Holy moly, it's Rendezvous week! There's still a little bit of space left! If you want to see nekkid people, make sure you're there Thursday night.


Kartessa


May 9, 2010, 8:02 PM
Post #72 of 88 (3480 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Make sure everyone keeps their pants off, we won't be in til about 2am!


Partner j_ung


May 11, 2010, 6:13 AM
Post #73 of 88 (3429 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [kate12] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

A brief, last-minute message from NRAC:

In reply to:
It is time to RENDEZVOUS! Here is your checklist:

Don't forget your kit!
Don't forget to carpool and win an Osprey Hydration Pack.
Don't forget to come on Thursday for the Mountain Khakis Drop Your Drawers and Win program.
Don't worry about the weather -- it is gonna be great!
Don't forget to enter the comps.
Don't forget to tell your friends.
Don't forget your LYCRA for the Dare to Wear Your Lycra contest.
Don't forget to come cuz everyone else is!
Don't forget to look out for the Ticklemonster ...



If you're more visually oriented, here's a video of Maura and Kenny describing all the craziness you'll see at OCHO LOCO.

http://www.waterstoneoutdoors.com/


(This post was edited by j_ung on May 11, 2010, 6:13 AM)
Attachments: 5.jpg (42.3 KB)


lena_chita
Moderator

May 11, 2010, 6:45 AM
Post #74 of 88 (3418 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5575

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey, is there a way to 'reserve' a copy of the new guidebook? I have been saving my Waterstone Outdoors gift certificate for that purpose, and that's why I have not ordered it online yet... But I was expecting to be there on FRIDAY!!! now I am worried that by the time I make it to the store on Sunday morning all guidebooks will be gone...

You all enjoy the pants-off day without me. Can I convince someone to take lots of pictures?


Partner j_ung


May 11, 2010, 7:32 AM
Post #75 of 88 (3406 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [lena_chita] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have Brayack lined up and ready for it!


granite_grrl


May 11, 2010, 8:03 AM
Post #76 of 88 (2260 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14696

Re: [lena_chita] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was worried about being able to pick up the new guide book once I got down there so I picked it up at Rock and Snow over Easter instead. I'm looking forward to getting some use out of it.


Partner j_ung


May 11, 2010, 8:06 AM
Post #77 of 88 (2259 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [lena_chita] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Hey, is there a way to 'reserve' a copy of the new guidebook? I have been saving my Waterstone Outdoors gift certificate for that purpose, and that's why I have not ordered it online yet... But I was expecting to be there on FRIDAY!!! now I am worried that by the time I make it to the store on Sunday morning all guidebooks will be gone...

You all enjoy the pants-off day without me. Can I convince someone to take lots of pictures?

Oh, and quite probably on the reserving a copy. Call 'em up (304-574-2425) and ask about it. Or better yet, pay for one over the phone and I'll pick it up for you.


granite_grrl


May 11, 2010, 8:14 AM
Post #78 of 88 (2254 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14696

Re: [lena_chita] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Lena, are the kids coming with this year?


camhead


May 11, 2010, 8:16 AM
Post #79 of 88 (2253 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20698

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
I have Brayack lined up and ready for it!

If Brayack loses his pants, I'm not coming to the rendezvous. Ever.


Partner j_ung


May 11, 2010, 8:20 AM
Post #80 of 88 (2251 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [camhead] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
j_ung wrote:
I have Brayack lined up and ready for it!

If Brayack loses his pants, I'm not coming to the rendezvous. Ever.

Well, I meant lined up to take pictures, but you never know with that guy.


Partner j_ung


May 11, 2010, 8:20 AM
Post #81 of 88 (2253 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [granite_grrl] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Lena, are the kids coming with this year?

Is that a euphemism for something?


granite_grrl


May 11, 2010, 8:23 AM
Post #82 of 88 (2247 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14696

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Lena, are the kids coming with this year?

Is that a euphemism for something?
no


kachoong


May 11, 2010, 8:33 AM
Post #83 of 88 (2244 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 22, 2004
Posts: 15304

Re: [granite_grrl] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
j_ung wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Lena, are the kids coming with this year?

Is that a euphemism for something?
no

Good job Jay has his shaft covered up!


Enjoy the NRR, guys! Sounds like a fun one this year.


Partner j_ung


May 12, 2010, 1:09 PM
Post #84 of 88 (2212 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [kachoong] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Word is the 'Vous is officially sold out!

I'm just done with three days of set up, and it looks to be going pretty smoothly. The dyno wall is up, Freekbass' stage is done, the lighting is mostly rigged, the parking is staked out, and true to form, a violent storm washed through the area this afternoon and probably undid some of it. Laugh Lightning hit within 100' of me (in my truck) just after I hung the last couple feet of parking tape. At least one tent is already set up. Friends will start to arrive tomorrow. It's on!


(This post was edited by j_ung on May 12, 2010, 1:09 PM)


Partner j_ung


May 12, 2010, 1:10 PM
Post #85 of 88 (2209 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [j_ung] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

There's still work to do, BTW. So if you happen to come in tonight and want to help out some tomorrow, just drop on by Burnwood. Smile


lena_chita
Moderator

May 13, 2010, 6:44 AM
Post #86 of 88 (2174 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5575

Re: [granite_grrl] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Lena, are the kids coming with this year?

Nope, no kids, I am all set for adult entertainment.


lena_chita
Moderator

May 13, 2010, 6:48 AM
Post #87 of 88 (2173 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5575

Re: [camhead] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
j_ung wrote:
I have Brayack lined up and ready for it!

If Brayack loses his pants, I'm not coming to the rendezvous. Ever.

LOL, not that you would see anything new... his favorite climbing jeans have enough holes in them as to make no difference... Tongue


kostik


May 14, 2010, 8:10 AM
Post #88 of 88 (2137 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 26, 2005
Posts: 275

Re: [lena_chita] New River Gorge Rendevous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Sigh... I knew that my communist childhood damaged me beyond repair. Now everything is clear. It all started with that gold star sticker than poor Russian kids never had a chance to get.

I almost killed my dog after he'd stolen and chewed my red star sticker, which I got at school for good behavior. I had maybe 30 or so red stars glued to a whatman paper sheet and was proud of them. I liked to count them over and over. My dog's name was Jim after President Carter.

Now I have my climbing log on rc.com. It has red and black and some blue and yellow bars. I like to see them grow and expand. I don't have a dog anymore.


Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$49.46 (10% off)
$8.96 (10% off)
$242.96 (10% off)
$8.96 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook