Forums: Community: The Soap Box:
In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Soap Box

Premier Sponsor:

 


damienclimber


Sep 30, 2011, 2:44 AM
Post #1 of 31 (3423 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just a month away. Some of my favorite movies

The Shining
Picnic at Hanging Rock-Older movie
Secret Window
Mr. Brooks
Omen
Mothman Prophecies
Poltergeist
The Birds
Psycho
Seventh Seal

Any others to share?


sbaclimber


Sep 30, 2011, 5:56 AM
Post #2 of 31 (3410 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 21, 2004
Posts: 3058

Re: [damienclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I definitely agree with The Shining @ #1
other good ones...
The Exorcist
The Birds


xmesox


Sep 30, 2011, 6:02 AM
Post #3 of 31 (3406 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 17, 2009
Posts: 326

Re: [damienclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Whaaaa-

How did The Exorcist miss the OP list! Shocked

The Exorcist
The Shining
Poltergeist
IT
The Omen
Begotten


Toast_in_the_Machine


Sep 30, 2011, 6:12 AM
Post #4 of 31 (3402 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 11, 2008
Posts: 5184

Re: [damienclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thriller


sbaclimber


Sep 30, 2011, 6:14 AM
Post #5 of 31 (3401 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 21, 2004
Posts: 3058

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
Thriller
HAHAHAHA Cool


Toast_in_the_Machine


Sep 30, 2011, 6:29 AM
Post #6 of 31 (3393 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 11, 2008
Posts: 5184

Re: [sbaclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sbaclimber wrote:
Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
Thriller
HAHAHAHA Cool

It is like we are all stuck in prison.


byran


Sep 30, 2011, 11:31 AM
Post #7 of 31 (3374 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 6, 2006
Posts: 266

Re: [damienclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Horror is my favorite movie genre, and these are some of my favorites:

Alien trilogy
Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (pt 1, pt 2, and Next Generation)
Re-Animator and Beyond Re-Animator
Return of the Living Dead
Rosemary's Baby
Cabin Fever
Friday 13th Part 9: Jason Goes to Hell
Freddy vs Jason
28 Days Later
Saw (I & II)
Blindness
[Rec]


(This post was edited by byran on Sep 30, 2011, 12:01 PM)


damienclimber


Sep 30, 2011, 3:49 PM
Post #8 of 31 (3353 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [xmesox] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

xmesox wrote:
Whaaaa-

How did The Exorcist miss the OP list! Shocked



XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxx

Just thought I would leave it for you!


(This post was edited by damienclimber on Sep 30, 2011, 3:52 PM)


damienclimber


Sep 30, 2011, 4:01 PM
Post #9 of 31 (3350 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [byran] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

byran wrote:
Horror is my favorite movie genre, and these are some of my favorites:

Alien trilogy
Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (pt 1, pt 2, and Next Generation)
Re-Animator and Beyond Re-Animator
Return of the Living Dead
Rosemary's Baby
Cabin Fever
Friday 13th Part 9: Jason Goes to Hell
Freddy vs Jason
28 Days Later
Saw (I & II)
Blindness
[Rec]


Rosemary's baby - great



Interview with the Vampire?
Or was Brad Pitt / Tom Cruise just too pretty

Almost forgot-

Village of the Damned !!
(-p.s Chris Reeves last movie-
I think it was those telepathic evil genius children from Denmark that caused his horse fall)


yanqui


Oct 1, 2011, 8:37 PM
Post #10 of 31 (3326 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 24, 2004
Posts: 1550

Re: [damienclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll certainly agree with Re-Animator: a cult classic horror film, if ever (Do you have a basement? .... What, he's dead? Not anymore! .... I must say, Dr. Hill, I'm very disappointed in you. You steal the secret of life and death and here you are, trysting with a bubble-headed co-ed. You're not even a second-rate scientist.)

Other classics: Dawn of the Dead (1978 original), Fright Night (1985 original), The Thing (1982 remake) and The Bride of Frankenstein (1935). Other gems: Shaun of the Dead, Planet Terror, 28 Days Later (as above) and The Fly (1986 remake).


damienclimber


Oct 2, 2011, 3:34 PM
Post #11 of 31 (3304 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [yanqui] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yanqui wrote:
I'll certainly agree with Re-Animator: a cult classic horror film, if ever (Do you have a basement? .... What, he's dead? Not anymore! .... I must say, Dr. Hill, I'm very disappointed in you. You steal the secret of life and death and here you are, trysting with a bubble-headed co-ed. You're not even a second-rate scientist.)

Other classics: Dawn of the Dead (1978 original), Fright Night (1985 original), The Thing (1982 remake) and The Bride of Frankenstein (1935). Other gems: Shaun of the Dead, Planet Terror, 28 Days Later (as above) and The Fly (1986 remake).

Nice list. Quite fond of the Fly!

Here's a few more X-tra's from me To all !


Dark Water
Dead Zone
Dead Calm
The Others
Amityville Horror-Btw got a haunted jeep from there
The Fog
Ten Little Indians
Bad Seed---csi favorite!
Don't look now!
The Other- book much better
Open water-true story


any comments?


damienclimber


Oct 7, 2011, 6:33 AM
Post #12 of 31 (3245 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [sbaclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sbaclimber wrote:
I definitely agree with The Shining @ #1
other good ones...
The Exorcist
The Birds

You can add some german movies with english subtitles;


My altrustic halloween nsture:


The Sixth Sense* Blue Eyed Climber
Godsend
Hid and Seek
Tales from Darkside Outer Limits
Twlight Zone

Jt512 sport climbing in Mt. Lemmon*
The Glass House with Lindsay Lohan*
Camhead In what Lies Beneath*
Are You My Dude in Audrey Rose*

Kartessa in the Hurt Locker*
Snoppy in Cujo*
The Signs starring Cracklover*

FireStarter w Drew BarryMore
Silence of the Lambs
Wicker Man


* Alternative /endings may not be released in all areas






































































zone


sbaclimber


Oct 7, 2011, 7:32 AM
Post #13 of 31 (3237 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 21, 2004
Posts: 3058

Re: [damienclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

damienclimber wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
I definitely agree with The Shining @ #1
other good ones...
The Exorcist
The Birds

You can add some german movies with english subtitles;
I can?
Short of Nostferatu (which doesn't really need subtitlesTongue), I can't think of any....


johnwesely


Oct 10, 2011, 9:06 AM
Post #14 of 31 (3183 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [damienclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My friends and I have been on a horror kick lately.

The Orphanage
Lake Mungo
Paranormal Activity
Drag me to Hell
Insidious (Amazing first 2/3s, lackluster finale)


styndall


Oct 10, 2011, 3:36 PM
Post #15 of 31 (3168 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 29, 2002
Posts: 2741

Re: [johnwesely] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
Drag me to Hell

This movie is more of a 'getting gross stuff in your mouth' movie than a horror movie, I think.


johnwesely


Oct 10, 2011, 3:48 PM
Post #16 of 31 (3163 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [styndall] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

styndall wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
Drag me to Hell

This movie is more of a 'getting gross stuff in your mouth' movie than a horror movie, I think.

It is certainly not scary, but I did think it was one of the most entertaining movies I have ever seen.


sbaclimber


Oct 11, 2011, 12:03 AM
Post #17 of 31 (3139 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 21, 2004
Posts: 3058

Re: [johnwesely] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
styndall wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
Drag me to Hell

This movie is more of a 'getting gross stuff in your mouth' movie than a horror movie, I think.

It is certainly not scary, but I did think it was one of the most entertaining movies I have ever seen.
Well, now, if we are talking entertaining "horror", then I definitely have a couple more from NZ to add to the list:
Bad Taste
Braindead
Black Sheep


styndall


Oct 11, 2011, 8:38 AM
Post #18 of 31 (3110 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 29, 2002
Posts: 2741

Re: [sbaclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sbaclimber wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
styndall wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
Drag me to Hell

This movie is more of a 'getting gross stuff in your mouth' movie than a horror movie, I think.

It is certainly not scary, but I did think it was one of the most entertaining movies I have ever seen.
Well, now, if we are talking entertaining "horror", then I definitely have a couple more from NZ to add to the list:
Bad Taste
Braindead
Black Sheep

You shouldn't forget Dead Alive.

http://www.youtube.com/...=Zvt1ZM1_5Ao#t=1m51s


sbaclimber


Oct 11, 2011, 1:26 PM
Post #19 of 31 (3100 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 21, 2004
Posts: 3058

Re: [styndall] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

styndall wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
styndall wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
Drag me to Hell

This movie is more of a 'getting gross stuff in your mouth' movie than a horror movie, I think.

It is certainly not scary, but I did think it was one of the most entertaining movies I have ever seen.
Well, now, if we are talking entertaining "horror", then I definitely have a couple more from NZ to add to the list:
Bad Taste
Braindead
Black Sheep

You shouldn't forget Dead Alive.

http://www.youtube.com/...=Zvt1ZM1_5Ao#t=1m51s
I didn't....
(look it up Tongue)


notapplicable


Oct 12, 2011, 9:49 PM
Post #20 of 31 (3071 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17752

Re: [sbaclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Lars Von Trier's Antichrist

The only movie I have ever seen that is both profoundly beautiful and horrifying in equal measure. It's streamable on netflix at the moment. Do yourself a favor.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is my personal favorite.


notapplicable


Oct 12, 2011, 10:08 PM
Post #21 of 31 (3067 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17752

Re: [notapplicable] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I would also like to add Thirst and Let The Right Ones In to the list.


styndall


Oct 13, 2011, 8:10 AM
Post #22 of 31 (3049 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 29, 2002
Posts: 2741

Re: [notapplicable] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Lars Von Trier's Antichrist

The only movie I have ever seen that is both profoundly beautiful and horrifying in equal measure. It's streamable on netflix at the moment. Do yourself a favor.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is my personal favorite.

After Dancer in the Dark and Dogville, I feel like I'm in some kind of abusive relationship with Lars von Trier. He makes fantastic films, but I feel awful after watching them.


notapplicable


Oct 13, 2011, 2:41 PM
Post #23 of 31 (3012 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17752

Re: [styndall] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

styndall wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Lars Von Trier's Antichrist

The only movie I have ever seen that is both profoundly beautiful and horrifying in equal measure. It's streamable on netflix at the moment. Do yourself a favor.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is my personal favorite.

After Dancer in the Dark and Dogville, I feel like I'm in some kind of abusive relationship with Lars von Trier. He makes fantastic films, but I feel awful after watching them.

You ain't seen nothin yet!

I feel ya though and I think that wave crested with Antichrist. Melancholia, although perhaps aptly named, will almost certainly be much tamer.


damienclimber


Oct 13, 2011, 3:22 PM
Post #24 of 31 (3004 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [notapplicable] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
styndall wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Lars Von Trier's Antichrist

The only movie I have ever seen that is both profoundly beautiful and horrifying in equal measure. It's streamable on netflix at the moment. Do yourself a favor.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is my personal favorite.

After Dancer in the Dark and Dogville, I feel like I'm in some kind of abusive relationship with Lars von Trier. He makes fantastic films, but I feel awful after watching them.

You ain't seen nothin yet!

I feel ya though and I think that wave crested with Antichrist. Melancholia, although perhaps aptly named, will almost certainly be much tamer.


Antichrist- Heard my name! Damien

Thanks for sharing , seems like a good list for all to enjoy.


Personally more fond of thrillers vs gory horrors with some exceptions.
To each their own.

So many movies , hard to pick favorites!


damienclimber


Oct 13, 2011, 3:42 PM
Post #25 of 31 (3002 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [johnwesely] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
My friends and I have been on a horror kick lately.

The Orphanage
Lake Mungo
Paranormal Activity
Drag me to Hell
Insidious (Amazing first 2/3s, lackluster finale)


Never saw these, Insidious looked pretty good!

Lake Mungo? Hmmn


johnwesely


Oct 13, 2011, 4:00 PM
Post #26 of 31 (778 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 5343

Re: [damienclimber] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

damienclimber wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
My friends and I have been on a horror kick lately.

The Orphanage
Lake Mungo
Paranormal Activity
Drag me to Hell
Insidious (Amazing first 2/3s, lackluster finale)


Never saw these, Insidious looked pretty good!

Lake Mungo? Hmmn

Lake Mungo may actually be the best of the lot. It never really outright scares you but creates a convincing and downright creepy atmosphere.


notapplicable


Oct 13, 2011, 10:49 PM
Post #27 of 31 (766 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17752

Re: [johnwesely] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Some other personal favorites that have not been mentioned yet.

White Ribbon
Funny Games
The Blair Witch Project
Audition
High Tension
Bram Stokers Dracula
Silence of The Lambs
Night of The Living Dead


damienclimber


Oct 14, 2011, 5:26 PM
Post #28 of 31 (738 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [notapplicable] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Some other personal favorites that have not been mentioned yet.

White Ribbon
Funny Games
The Blair Witch Project
Audition
High Tension
Bram Stokers Dracula
Silence of The Lambs
Night of The Living Dead





thanks

Here's a few more

american psycho
talented mr.ripley
carrie
dark swan
eyes wide shut
taxi driver
portrait of dorian gray
basic instinct
dial m for murder


Enjoy !


damienclimber


Oct 18, 2011, 3:00 PM
Post #29 of 31 (691 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [johnwesely] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
damienclimber wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
My friends and I have been on a horror kick lately.

The Orphanage
Lake Mungo
Paranormal Activity
Drag me to Hell
Insidious (Amazing first 2/3s, lackluster finale)


Never saw these, Insidious looked pretty good!

Lake Mungo? Hmmn

Lake Mungo may actually be the best of the lot. It never really outright scares you but creates a convincing and downright creepy atmosphere.

pretty good choice,

Paranormal activity- well at least it only cost 10,000 to make. Flimed in Oren's home. Stars only made $500 a piece (unknown, no headshots)
Flims with 1.2,3 tend to get worse.

Of course I was sure someone was going to mention the Ring,
Grudge

Thought Final Destination was decent !


damienclimber


Oct 18, 2011, 3:26 PM
Post #30 of 31 (687 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [notapplicable] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Some other personal favorites that have not been mentioned yet.

White Ribbon-passed
Funny Games--Bloody
The Blair Witch Project--contrived
Audition?
High Tension?
Bram Stokers Dracula--good
Silence of The Lambs--good
Night of The Living Dead


I read the review on Lars flim, seemed about children getting sexually abused.
Not my cup of tea!


Most of the above list I've seen.
Though I'm sure rockclimbing.com viewers haven't.
Thanks for your input.

Flowers in the Attic ?
Betty Davis- Baby Jane- you might like
Lady in the Water?






Dr, Jekyll and Mr, Hyde ? Angelic


damienclimber


Oct 19, 2011, 1:48 AM
Post #31 of 31 (668 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2011
Posts: 313

Re: [xmesox] In Honor of Halloween -Thriller/Horror Movies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

xmesox wrote:
Whaaaa-

How did The Exorcist miss the OP list! Shocked

The Exorcist
The Shining
Poltergeist
IT
The Omen
Begotten


I've tried to make you a special list since you give so much to rockclimbing.com users

1,Childs Play
2. Little Nell
3. The devils daughter
4.Passion of Christ
5.Dracula
6.The prophecy
7. Invisioner
8. Oh god you devil
9. Devils Rain
10. Devils advocate

11. Legend
12. Devil and Dniel Webster
13. the devil out
14. Bedazzled
15 Angel Heart
16 DrangonPly
17 Childs Play
18. The thing'
17 the thing
18 The phantom
19. The crow
20. constantine
21 Oh god you devil
22 Invisioner
23 Salems Lot
24 Midwitches
25 Any movie made from edgar allen poes books
26 Vincent Price movies
27 The devils own
24. Taken

AS A SPECIAL CONSIDERATION PLEASE SHARE INPUT- SINCE XMESOX PUTS ALOT OF WORK INTO THIS SITE- All feedback is deeply appreciated.
(Giving back-good karma, so xmesox can enjoy some good movies and relax

We all need some treats and and some tricks to brighten our days. Quite honestly I havwn' t seen alot of thes movie. I'm trying but I sure can use some help. Descriptions etc.
Any style is welcome. Horrror. thriller. foreign, funny etc.

Cool


Forums : Community : The Soap Box

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook