Forums: Climbing Information: Technique & Training:
Anyone do Weight Training?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All


onceahardman


Mar 20, 2012, 2:28 PM
Post #51 of 58 (1214 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 3, 2007
Posts: 2469

Re: [robdotcalm] Anyone do Weight Training? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

robdotcalm wrote:
onceahardman wrote:
but there is no prima fascia reason why rock climbers would be different in this area than other athletes.

Ouch. That's a clever bilingual pun!

Gratias et valete bene!
RobertusPunctumPacificus

OOPS! Blush Prima Facie is correct. Thanks for the correction.

Sorry my Latin is so weak. Could you kindly explain the pun?


ceebo


Mar 20, 2012, 3:38 PM
Post #52 of 58 (1201 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 8, 2009
Posts: 862

Re: [CapsaicinKing] Anyone do Weight Training? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

CapsaicinKing wrote:
redlude97 wrote:
CapsaicinKing wrote:
I lift weights, mainly because I need to be able to lift 280 lb motors and 120 lb engine heads (12 of them) once a year. With that said, I can climb up a 20 foot climbing wall (a really easy one) using only my arms, so i'm pretty happy about that haha.

I say to each their own, but the best climbers I know use some form of weighted training, be it weighted climbing or weights in a gym.
Ah yes, how did I guess you were going to be one of those meatheads at the gym

Ah yes, because testing my strength on an easy wall to see how much i've improved is such a bad thing. -rolls eyes-

Well yeah, because on easy climbing you are testing endurance. It is much the same as the worlds strongest man bench pressing 20lb as a show of ''raaaw.. me strong''.


roguecrimson


Mar 20, 2012, 3:55 PM
Post #53 of 58 (1193 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 16, 2012
Posts: 22

Re: [ceebo] Anyone do Weight Training? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

ceebo wrote:
CapsaicinKing wrote:
redlude97 wrote:
CapsaicinKing wrote:
I lift weights, mainly because I need to be able to lift 280 lb motors and 120 lb engine heads (12 of them) once a year. With that said, I can climb up a 20 foot climbing wall (a really easy one) using only my arms, so i'm pretty happy about that haha.

I say to each their own, but the best climbers I know use some form of weighted training, be it weighted climbing or weights in a gym.
Ah yes, how did I guess you were going to be one of those meatheads at the gym

Ah yes, because testing my strength on an easy wall to see how much i've improved is such a bad thing. -rolls eyes-

Well yeah, because on easy climbing you are testing endurance. It is much the same as the worlds strongest man bench pressing 20lb as a show of ''raaaw.. me strong''.

Where is that star machine from kindergarten ? I will give you 5 stars for such a great response Laugh

Put your book online here!
You must have at least 100 pages done by now, sweetie


(This post was edited by roguecrimson on Mar 20, 2012, 4:08 PM)


ceebo


Mar 20, 2012, 4:26 PM
Post #54 of 58 (1179 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 8, 2009
Posts: 862

Re: [roguecrimson] Anyone do Weight Training? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

roguecrimson wrote:
ceebo wrote:
CapsaicinKing wrote:
redlude97 wrote:
CapsaicinKing wrote:
I lift weights, mainly because I need to be able to lift 280 lb motors and 120 lb engine heads (12 of them) once a year. With that said, I can climb up a 20 foot climbing wall (a really easy one) using only my arms, so i'm pretty happy about that haha.

I say to each their own, but the best climbers I know use some form of weighted training, be it weighted climbing or weights in a gym.
Ah yes, how did I guess you were going to be one of those meatheads at the gym

Ah yes, because testing my strength on an easy wall to see how much i've improved is such a bad thing. -rolls eyes-

Well yeah, because on easy climbing you are testing endurance. It is much the same as the worlds strongest man bench pressing 20lb as a show of ''raaaw.. me strong''.

Where is that star machine from kindergarten ? I will give you 5 stars for such a great response Laugh

Put your book online here!
You must have at least 100 pages done by now, sweetie

I'm your no1 fan.


CapsaicinKing


Mar 20, 2012, 4:58 PM
Post #55 of 58 (1168 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 26, 2012
Posts: 9

Re: [ceebo] Anyone do Weight Training? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Right, except I was texting my arm strength by climbing the wall without the use of my legs. I'm not trying to test my endurance in that instance.

Again, -rolls eyes- this is why I prefer to lurk instead of post anyway.


Partner robdotcalm


Mar 20, 2012, 7:53 PM
Post #56 of 58 (1144 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 31, 2002
Posts: 1023

Re: [CapsaicinKing] Anyone do Weight Training? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

CapsaicinKing wrote:
Right, except I was texting my arm strength by climbing the wall without the use of my legs.

Put down the damn cell phone and climb!

Rob.calm


Partner robdotcalm


Mar 20, 2012, 8:11 PM
Post #57 of 58 (1136 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 31, 2002
Posts: 1023

Re: [onceahardman] Anyone do Weight Training? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

onceahardman wrote:
robdotcalm wrote:
onceahardman wrote:
but there is no prima fascia reason why rock climbers would be different in this area than other athletes.

Ouch. That's a clever bilingual pun!

Gratias et valete bene!
RobertusPunctumPacificus

OOPS! Blush Prima Facie is correct. Thanks for the correction.

Sorry my Latin is so weak. Could you kindly explain the pun?

Since you're in physical therapy, I thought you deliberately put "fascia" (condensed connective tissue) in there as the pun. Maybe it didn't do much for anyone else, but it got me laughing.

Rob.calm


CapsaicinKing


Mar 20, 2012, 10:12 PM
Post #58 of 58 (1125 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 26, 2012
Posts: 9

Re: [robdotcalm] Anyone do Weight Training? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I wish I could climb more haha. Between work and college I don't have nearly enough time to climb.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$17.95 (10% off)
$5.85 (10% off)
$14.36 (10% off)
$16.16 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook