Forums: Community: The Soap Box:
The Gun Porn thread
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Soap Box

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All


hugepedro


Oct 9, 2012, 12:17 PM
Post #201 of 226 (5228 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 28, 2002
Posts: 2875

Re: [pinktricam] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My newest friend. G19 Gen4 with Crimson Trace Laserguard.






chadnsc


Oct 10, 2012, 7:23 AM
Post #202 of 226 (5205 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 24, 2003
Posts: 4449

Re: [hugepedro] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

How do you like the laserguard? Any issues with finding a holster that will accept it?


hugepedro


Oct 10, 2012, 3:09 PM
Post #203 of 226 (5193 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 28, 2002
Posts: 2875

Re: [chadnsc] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
How do you like the laserguard? Any issues with finding a holster that will accept it?

Honestly, I consider it mostly a fun accessory. I probably wouldn't have bought it except the shop was selling gun and sight as a package, $100 cheaper than the total retail for both.

It's not a real precise sight because you can push firmly left or right on the nose of it and get it slightly out of alignment. I think that's to be expected, I mean precision isn't really the point anyway, right? If I ever actually point the thing at someone I would hope it acts to increase the deterence, like the sound of a 12ga racking. You know, fear the red dot! It's good enough for that.

Makes a good cat toy too, once the girlfriend has figured out you're not actually trying to shoot her cat (tempting as that may be). Protip: introduce her to the fact that your Laserguard makes a nice toy beforehand, don't let her first encounter with this concept be walking through the door to find you pointing your gun at Fluffy.

I already had a Blackhawk nylon hip holster, size 7, that I used to holster a Beretta 96D until I got a Serpa for that one - it fits nicely in it. Not my favorite holster, but this is mostly my glovebox weapon, so the holster is really just to protect my nice new Glock from scratches.


pinktricam


Oct 11, 2012, 6:15 AM
Post #204 of 226 (5176 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

Re: [hugepedro] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hugepedro wrote:
My newest friend. G19 Gen4 with Crimson Trace Laserguard.




Sweet. I love the G19. I had to borrow a friend's after my CZ failed during an IDPA classifier and actually shot well enough with it (never even having used one before) to move up in classification. I was definitely impressed. It's very ergonomic.


pinktricam


Nov 4, 2012, 1:00 AM
Post #205 of 226 (5101 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

this is funny... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post




pinktricam


Nov 16, 2012, 1:19 AM
Post #206 of 226 (5019 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

Re: [chadnsc] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I just ordered one of these Primary Arms micro-dot sights:



For this, my shiny new Ruger 10/22 Take-down (a real, honest-to-gawd workhorse!):



The 2 25 round mags were extra...just ordered a couple more of those, too.

Plinking fun, plinking fun!

Gawd, I <3 this country


chadnsc


Nov 16, 2012, 8:54 AM
Post #207 of 226 (5004 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 24, 2003
Posts: 4449

Re: [pinktricam] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a 20 year old Ruger 10/22 that I added an Axiom adjustable stock, single point sling, and TruGlow green/red dot sight to. I have a few of the newer 25 round mags, a handful of the 10 round rotary mags.

Fun to shoot and nice to carry around the field when hunting small game (rabbit, grouse, and the occasional rodent nuisance).


pinktricam


Nov 21, 2012, 7:31 AM
Post #208 of 226 (4956 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

Re: [chadnsc] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
I have a 20 year old Ruger 10/22....

I'm actively looking for an old beater of a 10/22. Once I get one, it's gonna be my bench gun project for 2013. By the time I finish, it's gonna be a one-holer!

In the meantime, my current "little" project will be similar to this derringer in a book:



I'm picking up this little cutie next week when it arrives at my LGS (put the deposit on it yesterday) a mini-revolver in .22 Magnum:



If nothing else, it'll make a great little snake gun when loaded with this:




pinktricam


Nov 30, 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #209 of 226 (4881 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

Re: [pinktricam] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yay, it's here! Too stinkin' cute!




pinktricam


Feb 4, 2013, 11:29 PM
Post #210 of 226 (4487 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

Re: [chadnsc] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post




pinktricam


Feb 8, 2013, 6:27 PM
Post #211 of 226 (4419 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

Re: [pinktricam] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

At leasf she doesn't have to worry about shooting off the gnads...




pinktricam


Feb 14, 2013, 10:12 AM
Post #212 of 226 (4366 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

Re: [SylviaSmile] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
squierbypetzl wrote:
Got to fire an M14 this weekend. Fun to watch stuff explode (shoulder hurts a bit from several dozen 7.62 rounds though). I hear there's plenty of 'em around from WW2 days, and in fine shooting shape.

I understand adding a light and grip, maybe laser too, but won't a tricked out gun possibly give a wrong impression in front of a jury of your peers?

This. I am a bit amazed at people photographing and taking pictures of their weapons. I mean, I know you like them and all, but considering the current political climate is it really smart? Couldn't this entire thread (or at least the "My Pictures" folder on y'alls computers) be seized as evidence in the event something unfortunate went down?

Happy Saint Valentine's day ;)




dr_feelgood


Feb 14, 2013, 11:10 AM
Post #213 of 226 (4361 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25628

Re: [pinktricam] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
squierbypetzl wrote:
Got to fire an M14 this weekend. Fun to watch stuff explode (shoulder hurts a bit from several dozen 7.62 rounds though). I hear there's plenty of 'em around from WW2 days, and in fine shooting shape.

I understand adding a light and grip, maybe laser too, but won't a tricked out gun possibly give a wrong impression in front of a jury of your peers?

This. I am a bit amazed at people photographing and taking pictures of their weapons. I mean, I know you like them and all, but considering the current political climate is it really smart? Couldn't this entire thread (or at least the "My Pictures" folder on y'alls computers) be seized as evidence in the event something unfortunate went down?

Happy Saint Valentine's day ;)

You've never actually had sex, have you? I mean, with a person.


scrapedape


Feb 15, 2013, 9:13 AM
Post #214 of 226 (4308 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 23, 2004
Posts: 2392

Re: [dr_feelgood] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
squierbypetzl wrote:
Got to fire an M14 this weekend. Fun to watch stuff explode (shoulder hurts a bit from several dozen 7.62 rounds though). I hear there's plenty of 'em around from WW2 days, and in fine shooting shape.

I understand adding a light and grip, maybe laser too, but won't a tricked out gun possibly give a wrong impression in front of a jury of your peers?

This. I am a bit amazed at people photographing and taking pictures of their weapons. I mean, I know you like them and all, but considering the current political climate is it really smart? Couldn't this entire thread (or at least the "My Pictures" folder on y'alls computers) be seized as evidence in the event something unfortunate went down?

Happy Saint Valentine's day ;)

[img]http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/557901_10151490055216223_1185482765_n.jpg[/img]
You've never actually had sex, have you? I mean, with a person.

Not, but it's ok. He fits inside the 9mm just perfectly.


pinktricam


Feb 15, 2013, 6:25 PM
Post #215 of 226 (4285 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

Re: [rrrADAM] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
Hadn't heard about that weather...sorry for your troubles.

Stay dry.

BTW, that wasn't really an "offer." It's just a matter of fact.

Here are some piccies...







There will be some serious seller's remorse with this one
Frown

I've wanted one of those for a long time now... And that one is particularly nice, pink.

You ghost ring appears to be twisted a bit though.



A photo of a San Bernardino county sheriff's deputy in the search for Christopher Dorner with s/s mini 14.

I'm so proud my Mini 14 has such an outstanding pedigree :)


lena_chita
Moderator

Feb 17, 2013, 5:28 AM
Post #216 of 226 (4237 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5466

Re: [pinktricam] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
Hadn't heard about that weather...sorry for your troubles.

Stay dry.

BTW, that wasn't really an "offer." It's just a matter of fact.

Here are some piccies...

[image]http://smith-wessonforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=78579&d=1340600240[/image]

[image]http://smith-wessonforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=78580&d=1340600708[/image]

[image]http://smith-wessonforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=78578&d=1340599610[/image]

There will be some serious seller's remorse with this one
Frown

I've wanted one of those for a long time now... And that one is particularly nice, pink.

You ghost ring appears to be twisted a bit though.



A photo of a San Bernardino county sheriff's deputy in the search for Christopher Dorner with s/s mini 14.

I'm so proud my Mini 14 has such an outstanding pedigree :)


I don't think you know what pedigree means, unless you are trying to imply that your Mini 14 was somehow a product of THAT weapon in the photo.

Aside from that, hmmm... picture of a guy, in a snow-covered forest, "hunting for a fugitive" (presumably an activity that took more than 5 min) without wearing a warm jacket or a hat...

Yeah, really smart guy... or a really staged photo. Whatever he is doing, everyone else should, also.


chadnsc


Feb 17, 2013, 8:07 AM
Post #217 of 226 (4230 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 24, 2003
Posts: 4449

Re: [lena_chita] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well Lena the if the officer in the picture is like any of the others I know who work in cold climates probably wearing:

Meduim to thick base layer
Bullet proof vest
Fleece lined softshell jacket


Those three in combination are very, very warm. Heck the bullet proof vest is warm to the point of being hot, even in winter.

As for the hat I can't say I'd want to be out without one but he could have one but not wearing it in an attempt to regulate is core temp because he was moving around a lot. I mean it's not like he can take off outer layers while in the field. I know a lot of officers will stuff a wool cap into the breast pocket of their outer jacket when not in use.


lena_chita
Moderator

Feb 17, 2013, 8:23 AM
Post #218 of 226 (4226 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5466

Re: [chadnsc] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
Well Lena the if the officer in the picture is like any of the others I know who work in cold climates probably wearing:

Meduim to thick base layer
Bullet proof vest
Fleece lined softshell jacket


Those three in combination are very, very warm. Heck the bullet proof vest is warm to the point of being hot, even in winter.

As for the hat I can't say I'd want to be out without one but he could have one but not wearing it in an attempt to regulate is core temp because he was moving around a lot. I mean it's not like he can take off outer layers while in the field. I know a lot of officers will stuff a wool cap into the breast pocket of their outer jacket when not in use.

It doesn't look like he is wearing a soft-shell top layer. More like regular uniform fabric. But fair enough. I guess the cold weather I am thinking of is not the California cold weather.

I picture officers dressed for winter looking more like this:


or this:




(This post was edited by lena_chita on Feb 17, 2013, 8:25 AM)


Gmburns2000


Feb 17, 2013, 9:20 AM
Post #219 of 226 (4218 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15017

Re: [lena_chita] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Well Lena the if the officer in the picture is like any of the others I know who work in cold climates probably wearing:

Meduim to thick base layer
Bullet proof vest
Fleece lined softshell jacket


Those three in combination are very, very warm. Heck the bullet proof vest is warm to the point of being hot, even in winter.

As for the hat I can't say I'd want to be out without one but he could have one but not wearing it in an attempt to regulate is core temp because he was moving around a lot. I mean it's not like he can take off outer layers while in the field. I know a lot of officers will stuff a wool cap into the breast pocket of their outer jacket when not in use.

It doesn't look like he is wearing a soft-shell top layer. More like regular uniform fabric. But fair enough. I guess the cold weather I am thinking of is not the California cold weather.

I picture officers dressed for winter looking more like this:
[image]http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/blinow61/blinow611211/blinow61121100005/16180194-samara-russia--march-6-russian-policeman-in-winter-wear-on-march-6-2012-in-samara-russia.jpg[/image]

or this:



masked police makes for uncomfortable situations. gas masks are tolerable because they're there for safety, but ones that hide the face can lead to some dangerous opportunities.


dr_feelgood


Feb 17, 2013, 10:47 AM
Post #220 of 226 (4210 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25628

Re: [Gmburns2000] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Well Lena the if the officer in the picture is like any of the others I know who work in cold climates probably wearing:

Meduim to thick base layer
Bullet proof vest
Fleece lined softshell jacket


Those three in combination are very, very warm. Heck the bullet proof vest is warm to the point of being hot, even in winter.

As for the hat I can't say I'd want to be out without one but he could have one but not wearing it in an attempt to regulate is core temp because he was moving around a lot. I mean it's not like he can take off outer layers while in the field. I know a lot of officers will stuff a wool cap into the breast pocket of their outer jacket when not in use.

It doesn't look like he is wearing a soft-shell top layer. More like regular uniform fabric. But fair enough. I guess the cold weather I am thinking of is not the California cold weather.

I picture officers dressed for winter looking more like this:
[image]http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/blinow61/blinow611211/blinow61121100005/16180194-samara-russia--march-6-russian-policeman-in-winter-wear-on-march-6-2012-in-samara-russia.jpg[/image]

or this:

[image]http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/102781/102781,1266848232,1/stock-photo-russian-soldier-in-winter-uniform-with-the-kalashnikov-machine-gun-on-the-forest-background-47220217.jpg[/image]


masked police makes for uncomfortable situations. gas masks are tolerable because they're there for safety, but ones that hide the face can lead to some dangerous opportunities.

What's a little ethnic cleansing among friends?


lena_chita
Moderator

Feb 17, 2013, 3:33 PM
Post #221 of 226 (4197 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5466

Re: [dr_feelgood] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Well Lena the if the officer in the picture is like any of the others I know who work in cold climates probably wearing:

Meduim to thick base layer
Bullet proof vest
Fleece lined softshell jacket


Those three in combination are very, very warm. Heck the bullet proof vest is warm to the point of being hot, even in winter.

As for the hat I can't say I'd want to be out without one but he could have one but not wearing it in an attempt to regulate is core temp because he was moving around a lot. I mean it's not like he can take off outer layers while in the field. I know a lot of officers will stuff a wool cap into the breast pocket of their outer jacket when not in use.

It doesn't look like he is wearing a soft-shell top layer. More like regular uniform fabric. But fair enough. I guess the cold weather I am thinking of is not the California cold weather.

I picture officers dressed for winter looking more like this:
[image]http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/blinow61/blinow611211/blinow61121100005/16180194-samara-russia--march-6-russian-policeman-in-winter-wear-on-march-6-2012-in-samara-russia.jpg[/image]

or this:

[image]http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/102781/102781,1266848232,1/stock-photo-russian-soldier-in-winter-uniform-with-the-kalashnikov-machine-gun-on-the-forest-background-47220217.jpg[/image]


masked police makes for uncomfortable situations. gas masks are tolerable because they're there for safety, but ones that hide the face can lead to some dangerous opportunities.

What's a little ethnic cleansing among friends?

Indeed.

But you can always choose to pull the balaclava down when talking to people. Angelic


pinktricam


Feb 17, 2013, 6:18 PM
Post #222 of 226 (4169 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

Re: [lena_chita] The Gun Porn thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
I'm so proud my Mini 14 has such an outstanding pedigree :)


I don't think you know what pedigree means, unless you are trying to imply that your Mini 14 was somehow a product of THAT weapon in the photo.

I don't think that English was your first language (it wasn't mine either.) However, here's a heads up: a "pedigree" doesn't always have to be biological. In a broader sense, it can mean the history of something.

I hope that helps.


pinktricam


Feb 17, 2013, 9:09 PM
Post #223 of 226 (4159 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

More hot Mini 14 porn... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post



Love the folding stock for its tacticool looks, but it just would not be very practical for anything other than CQC where a good cheek weld might not be so necessary.


dr_feelgood


Feb 17, 2013, 9:16 PM
Post #224 of 226 (4158 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25628

Re: [pinktricam] More hot Mini 14 porn... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
[img]http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/7633/9302016_1.jpg?v=8CC883A456DC5E0[/img]

Love the folding stock for its tacticool looks, but it just would not be very practical for anything other than CQC where a good cheek weld might not be so necessary.
Thankfully, the load that pinky just blew has successfully removed more of his chromosome from any danger of entering the gene pool.


Partner macherry


Feb 17, 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #225 of 226 (4153 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15774

Re: [dr_feelgood] More hot Mini 14 porn... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
[img]http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/7633/9302016_1.jpg?v=8CC883A456DC5E0[/img]

Love the folding stock for its tacticool looks, but it just would not be very practical for anything other than CQC where a good cheek weld might not be so necessary.
Thankfully, the load that pinky just blew has successfully removed more of his chromosome from any danger of entering the gene pool.

praise jesus

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook