Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 ... 1801 Next page Last page  View All


Gmburns2000


Sep 1, 2012, 12:00 PM
Post #38276 of 45021 (1920 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15106

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

so it looks as if i'm heading out climbing tomorrow for the first time in months. apparently a whole group is going.

i'm oddly not looking forward to it. i'd rather work (paint, draw, etc), but I guess I need to get out there just to know what it feels like again.

first time out with the right brain. should be interesting.


notapplicable


Sep 1, 2012, 8:47 PM
Post #38277 of 45021 (1908 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17766

Re: [sungam] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
I managed to finish packing, load the truck and hit the road 2 hours down, 14 to go.

Read the long version:

http://sleepingontheground.wordpress.com
K IS DAY UR BLOG U JST LNKD?

What is this "blog" you speak of? Aren't those the things we don't click on?


notapplicable


Sep 1, 2012, 9:29 PM
Post #38278 of 45021 (1902 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17766

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
so it looks as if i'm heading out climbing tomorrow for the first time in months. apparently a whole group is going.

i'm oddly not looking forward to it. i'd rather work (paint, draw, etc), but I guess I need to get out there just to know what it feels like again.

first time out with the right brain. should be interesting.

It's strange how unimportant/inspiring/interesting other things can seem once an alternate rhythm is established. I've started catching up on films and hanging out with nonclimbing friends now that I'm committed to at least another two weeks off and I'm starting to realize I really missed them both.

Out of sight = Out of Mind and all that, I suppose. It's hard not to get sucked in and tunnel visioned though. I think that is just how most of us are wired.


notapplicable


Sep 1, 2012, 9:47 PM
Post #38279 of 45021 (1899 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17766

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned

- Soren Kierkegaard


sungam


Sep 2, 2012, 2:43 AM
Post #38280 of 45021 (1892 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26572

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
sungam wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
I managed to finish packing, load the truck and hit the road 2 hours down, 14 to go.

Read the long version:

http://sleepingontheground.wordpress.com
K IS DAY UR BLOG U JST LNKD?

What is this "blog" you speak of? Aren't those the things we don't click on?
Yeah, but now it's K's blog we're not clicking on.


Gmburns2000


Sep 2, 2012, 7:29 AM
Post #38281 of 45021 (1878 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15106

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
so it looks as if i'm heading out climbing tomorrow for the first time in months. apparently a whole group is going.

i'm oddly not looking forward to it. i'd rather work (paint, draw, etc), but I guess I need to get out there just to know what it feels like again.

first time out with the right brain. should be interesting.

It's strange how unimportant/inspiring/interesting other things can seem once an alternate rhythm is established. I've started catching up on films and hanging out with nonclimbing friends now that I'm committed to at least another two weeks off and I'm starting to realize I really missed them both.

Out of sight = Out of Mind and all that, I suppose. It's hard not to get sucked in and tunnel visioned though. I think that is just how most of us are wired.

yeah. beautiful day and we're heading to the gym. everyone bailed except the one person who didn't want to go outside.

Anyway, we'll see how I feel about it.


edge


Sep 2, 2012, 9:09 AM
Post #38282 of 45021 (1875 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9091

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Just had another house showing. They seemed to love everything about the place, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

here too

The couple that looked at the house came back with two questions: would the town allow them to build another structure (a garage, presumably, and yes they could) and how fast could we move out (pretty damned fast, but 30 days would be ideal.)

We would rent a place through the winter, buy a tow-behind RV since I will get my license back in early Dec, then road trip x-country for 2-3 months in mid to late spring with a final destination of Colorado.

WAH HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!11!!!1!!!!

Badmotherfuckinass!!

The new phone gets Internet on the island... Got an offer on the house this morning, countered offered, and it was accepted. Next step is the house inspection, then the purchase & sales agreement. It's happening, fo realz.

We need to rent a storage pod for our belongings, be fully moved out by oct 4, and find a 6 month rental to get us through the winter and into extended road tripping weather.

Bryan, our Cannon plans will be unaffected. Bring empty cardboard boxes if you have them.Laugh


Gmburns2000


Sep 2, 2012, 11:58 AM
Post #38283 of 45021 (1866 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15106

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Just had another house showing. They seemed to love everything about the place, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

here too

The couple that looked at the house came back with two questions: would the town allow them to build another structure (a garage, presumably, and yes they could) and how fast could we move out (pretty damned fast, but 30 days would be ideal.)

We would rent a place through the winter, buy a tow-behind RV since I will get my license back in early Dec, then road trip x-country for 2-3 months in mid to late spring with a final destination of Colorado.

WAH HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!11!!!1!!!!

Badmotherfuckinass!!

The new phone gets Internet on the island... Got an offer on the house this morning, countered offered, and it was accepted. Next step is the house inspection, then the purchase & sales agreement. It's happening, fo realz.

We need to rent a storage pod for our belongings, be fully moved out by oct 4, and find a 6 month rental to get us through the winter and into extended road tripping weather.

Bryan, our Cannon plans will be unaffected. Bring empty cardboard boxes if you have them.Laugh

Congrats! Well done. Good luck with the move.


Kartessa


Sep 2, 2012, 3:14 PM
Post #38284 of 45021 (1858 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

PC++


Kartessa


Sep 2, 2012, 3:15 PM
Post #38285 of 45021 (1857 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
PC++

More importantly: read the road trip blog: http://sleepingontheground.wordpress.com


Gmburns2000


Sep 2, 2012, 3:44 PM
Post #38286 of 45021 (1852 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15106

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
PC++

More importantly: read the road trip blog: http://sleepingontheground.wordpress.com

labstah!


Kartessa


Sep 2, 2012, 4:36 PM
Post #38287 of 45021 (1846 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
PC++

More importantly: read the road trip blog: http://sleepingontheground.wordpress.com

labstah!

Teh cockroach of da sea


Gmburns2000


Sep 2, 2012, 4:54 PM
Post #38288 of 45021 (1841 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15106

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
PC++

More importantly: read the road trip blog: http://sleepingontheground.wordpress.com

labstah!

Teh cockroach of da sea

damn tastier than the land version


Kartessa


Sep 3, 2012, 4:36 PM
Post #38289 of 45021 (1798 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
PC++

More importantly: read the road trip blog: http://sleepingontheground.wordpress.com

labstah!

Teh cockroach of da sea

damn tastier than the land version

At McDonalds for free wifi, and considering getting a McLobster... do I?


Partner epoch
Moderator

Sep 3, 2012, 7:00 PM
Post #38290 of 45021 (1790 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32058

Re: [sungam] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
sungam wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
I managed to finish packing, load the truck and hit the road 2 hours down, 14 to go.

Read the long version:

http://sleepingontheground.wordpress.com
K IS DAY UR BLOG U JST LNKD?

What is this "blog" you speak of? Aren't those the things we don't click on?
Yeah, but now it's K's blog we're not clicking on.
I don't click on any of 'em. Unimpressed


Partner epoch
Moderator

Sep 3, 2012, 7:01 PM
Post #38291 of 45021 (1789 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32058

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Zion didn't kill me.

I'll post details later.


Gmburns2000


Sep 3, 2012, 7:53 PM
Post #38292 of 45021 (1782 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15106

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
PC++

More importantly: read the road trip blog: http://sleepingontheground.wordpress.com

labstah!

Teh cockroach of da sea

damn tastier than the land version

At McDonalds for free wifi, and considering getting a McLobster... do I?

fuck.
no.

(unless you're in canada, then feel free)


Gmburns2000


Sep 3, 2012, 7:55 PM
Post #38293 of 45021 (1781 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15106

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Zion didn't kill me.

I'll post details later.

are you fucking serious? i paid good fucking money for that. seriously, service in this world is going down the fucking drain.

Mad


Gmburns2000


Sep 3, 2012, 7:56 PM
Post #38294 of 45021 (1780 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15106

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

in other news, my climbing day got cancelled.

such is my life.


donald949


Sep 4, 2012, 8:56 AM
Post #38295 of 45021 (1767 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11345

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
donald949 wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
donald949 wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
So there is bad news and good news.
Sew 1st the bad news.
In 4-6 months 1 out of 3 peeps r going to be canned.
Apparrently no voluntary incentives offered.

Might not want to spend too much time on the knob while at work till all that shakes out. Unimpressed

Seriously though, thats a tough position to be in. I hope it all works out well.
no more pt and pc++? ouch thats going to hurt.
In related news. My boss wants me to go to CO for some training. Which is good news, still wants me on his team. I just got back from CO for a conference. Turn around and go back in a couple weeks.

Cool, where in CO? Time for climbing?
Maybe, I have one free day, Sat after class.
Which Sat?
OK, lets try this again.
crashed the knob last time I tryed to reply to this post.
I will be in Montrose CO, Sept 10-16. I will be free Sat the 15th, and I have wheels. I would love to climb out there, but will be limited to shoes, harness, and belay device. Maybe a PAS or something else small and light. I have a late afternoon flight out of Grand Junction, so can hang late on Sat for the climbing.
Now the question arises, Sammy, how is it, you are listed as being in CO? Last I recall you where making vegi sammies for NA in Virginia.
Actually, that doesn't really mater.
But I will take any info on Climbing in the area that anyone might have.

She just used me to get some outdoor experience and them bounced.
I know, right. Mad


donald949


Sep 4, 2012, 9:02 AM
Post #38296 of 45021 (1766 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11345

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
epoch wrote:
Zion this weekend.

That is awl.

WOO!

I'm heading up to teh sierras for who knows what...

with a brief stop over to take some pics for a calendar
Speaking of pics, don't you owe use pics of your rig?
or did I miss them?
Speaking of long weekends. Looks like our trip to Big Bear is a bust. Wife's freind cancled the cabin. Of the coincedent climbing in the area with freinds, and freinds of freinds. The freinds cannot make it cause one of the freinds is getting married and the rest of the freinds are at the wedding. Actually they all were classmates.
So what to do?

Curse the institution of marriage for ruining your climbing plans/partners. Thats what I do anyway.
Meh.
We had a casual weekend. Went to the beach on Sat. REI on Sun. Not much on Mon. Just nice. Would have been cool to get out of town, but we had been burning the candle on both ends so was cool to just relax. Did get a bunch of paper worked cleaned out of the home office. next week they are having a local shreading party, and we're getting rid of some old paperwork.


donald949


Sep 4, 2012, 9:04 AM
Post #38297 of 45021 (1762 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11345

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
so are you looking for work other than at the plant?
not currently.
But I'm a lot more open to other opportunities right now than two weeks ago. Now 18 months ago, I was really interested in a move, but they gave me a new job here that has been interesting.
I don't think I'm on anyone's short list for canning, but the list is a lot longer than anyone might have guessed.
So it has been interesting. To say the least. We have been discussing what we would do if canned. Most common answer is, I don't know. But for a couple of us, its hit the road. One guy wants to get a sprinter van and go to Yosemite. I told hime I'd join him for a couple weeks. Then there is my other partner, who got canned for taking his lunch too late at Target. He still is looking for work, he's sheet metal by trade. He be another one the climb with. Other than, hopefully he's got work and I'm not canned by then.

You could move to VA. We've got like 5% unemployment right now. Only bad part is, you'd be living in VA. Tongue
I'd live in VA. Better than Mass, or Arkansas. Crazy


donald949


Sep 4, 2012, 9:06 AM
Post #38298 of 45021 (1761 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11345

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
I'm finally spooked to hit the road tomorrow... 3 weeks is a long time

It's gonna be awesome. Just take it easy on the hand.

Did you every go spend your fellow countrymen's money and get that thing looked at by a doctor??

Fuck that... Free to look at it, but I'd have to pay to treat it.

Cheaper to just stay in denial

Socialism FAIL
U2 R a fine pair. busted hand/elbow.
Niether willing to get it looked after/fixed.Mad


donald949


Sep 4, 2012, 9:10 AM
Post #38299 of 45021 (1756 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11345

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Just had another house showing. They seemed to love everything about the place, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

here too

The couple that looked at the house came back with two questions: would the town allow them to build another structure (a garage, presumably, and yes they could) and how fast could we move out (pretty damned fast, but 30 days would be ideal.)

We would rent a place through the winter, buy a tow-behind RV since I will get my license back in early Dec, then road trip x-country for 2-3 months in mid to late spring with a final destination of Colorado.

WAH HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!11!!!1!!!!

Badmotherfuckinass!!

The new phone gets Internet on the island... Got an offer on the house this morning, countered offered, and it was accepted. Next step is the house inspection, then the purchase & sales agreement. It's happening, fo realz.

We need to rent a storage pod for our belongings, be fully moved out by oct 4, and find a 6 month rental to get us through the winter and into extended road tripping weather.

Bryan, our Cannon plans will be unaffected. Bring empty cardboard boxes if you have them.Laugh
sweet!


donald949


Sep 4, 2012, 9:11 AM
Post #38300 of 45021 (1755 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11345

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pbptftw

First page Previous page 1 ... 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 ... 1801 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook