Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 ... 1806 Next page Last page  View All


donald949


Oct 15, 2012, 9:36 AM
Post #38651 of 45135 (936 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11374

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

PTFTW


donald949


Oct 15, 2012, 9:36 AM
Post #38652 of 45135 (935 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11374

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!


donald949


Oct 15, 2012, 9:37 AM
Post #38653 of 45135 (934 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11374

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Eye steal haz it


donald949


Oct 15, 2012, 9:37 AM
Post #38654 of 45135 (933 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11374

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Pro


donald949


Oct 15, 2012, 9:41 AM
Post #38655 of 45135 (932 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11374

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In related knews.
I rolled my left ankle fri for the 2nd time in 2 weaks.
Mad
Saturday wuz soar, 2day iz better.
Hoping and praying that iz better by Vet's weekend. Wife suggested we hit Josh. Oh yea.


donald949


Oct 15, 2012, 9:42 AM
Post #38656 of 45135 (931 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11374

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
went up Whitney! it wuz fun...

the bf's dad and friend we brought up there gave me a gift cert to rei for not killing anyone a thank you.

the BF and I had our 3rd year date-aversary

he got older

I drank wine

I still haven't posted truck pics

I think that gets me all caught up


except for that marathon Im running next sunday Crazy
very good, except the non post of the pictures thing.
Which raises a question.
Aren't your knees toast and how are you going to run a marathon after the mammoth hike.
geez, young kids these daze.

Went hiking the other day and both knees and the right hip hurt a little the next day...

I think that officially means I don't qualify as a "kid" by anyones standards. Those days are officially gone.
Welcome to middle age, brother.
Unimpressed


donald949


Oct 15, 2012, 9:47 AM
Post #38657 of 45135 (929 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11374

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
I guess what I'm saying is, based on my experience, you don't want it to be an ulnar nerve injury.

because just like in the Hangover II, that shit's for life.

I was going to back your play there, but then you had to make a reference to a shitty franchise second movie.

You can recover from an Ulnar nerve injury, though. I damaged mine once and it recovered. Took some time, but I'm 100%.

Don't disagree with anything you said (even if that was really the only funny line in the entire flick - and I didn't even get it right). It depends on the injury, but the ulnar nerve is damn easy to reaggravate. For me, I almost never notice it. And by "almost never" I mean I notice it with lingering symptoms once every couple of years or with sharp, temporary symptoms a couple of times per year.

But what aggravates it are certain motions that, if are normal motions for you (and mine aren't for me), will hurt for a really long time without some sort of long-term recovery plan if you don't opt for surgery.

But yeah, Tommy John is proof the the Yankees have a pact with the devil.
Agreed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_John




edited to fix the cheese tits. Mad


(This post was edited by donald949 on Oct 15, 2012, 9:48 AM)


donald949


Oct 15, 2012, 9:48 AM
Post #38658 of 45135 (926 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11374

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

And yes, editing is the week.


Gmburns2000


Oct 15, 2012, 9:50 AM
Post #38659 of 45135 (924 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15152

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
In related knews.
I rolled my left ankle fri for the 2nd time in 2 weaks.
Mad
Saturday wuz soar, 2day iz better.
Hoping and praying that iz better by Vet's weekend. Wife suggested we hit Josh. Oh yea.

that blows (kind of like this website the past year).

Rolled ankles suck. ankles suck in general, actually. They take for freakin' ever to heel. (could've had a decent pun there if I wanted to work harder).

climbing or hiking or camping?


SylviaSmile


Oct 15, 2012, 3:13 PM
Post #38660 of 45135 (918 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
So, last week I worked all day every day moving our belongings into the new house in the rain, probably 15 pick-up truck loads total along with two trailer loads.

We spent our first night in the rental home on Thursday, but I managed to sneak out for about five hours to the local crag, which is now only a 10 minute drive away. We added a finish to one of our previous FAs to link it to the top of the cliff, then semi-cleaned a new line (right of our classic "A Toltec Dream") that is far from classic but worth doing, leading it at 5.7+ and naming it "An Aztec Nightmare."

Spent the weekend unpacking, arranging furniture, and settling in. Had to run to my parents on Sunday to watch the Patriots game, as we don't get cable hooked up until later today. In the meantime we have been watching "Downton Abbey" on DVD, which I am pleasantly surprised to find very good.

Downton is quite good. Seen seasons 1 & 2 and rather enjoyed both.

Good job getting a bit-o-climbing in too. At least someone is getting out.

DOWNTON ABBEY! Something to live for, indeed . . . my roommate and I did a marathon of seasons 1 and 2 a couple months ago (she'd never seen them, though I had), and now we are illegally streaming season 3 from sketchy sites on Monday evenings. Can't wait. :)


SylviaSmile


Oct 15, 2012, 3:19 PM
Post #38661 of 45135 (916 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
went up Whitney! it wuz fun...

the bf's dad and friend we brought up there gave me a gift cert to rei for not killing anyone a thank you.

the BF and I had our 3rd year date-aversary

he got older

I drank wine

I still haven't posted truck pics

I think that gets me all caught up


except for that marathon Im running next sunday Crazy
very good, except the non post of the pictures thing.
Which raises a question.
Aren't your knees toast and how are you going to run a marathon after the mammoth hike.
geez, young kids these daze.

Went hiking the other day and both knees and the right hip hurt a little the next day...

I think that officially means I don't qualify as a "kid" by anyones standards. Those days are officially gone.
Welcome to middle age, brother.
Unimpressed

The first fourteener I ever hiked both my knees KILLED me on the way down it. I was 24. Since that time, I've had knee pain on occasion, but never that bad. Anyway, whatever it is, middle age, carelessness, etc., sounds like a good excuse to go get a massage!


notapplicable


Oct 15, 2012, 8:04 PM
Post #38662 of 45135 (906 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17766

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
In related knews.
I rolled my left ankle fri for the 2nd time in 2 weaks.
Mad
Saturday wuz soar, 2day iz better.
Hoping and praying that iz better by Vet's weekend. Wife suggested we hit Josh. Oh yea.

You need to stay off those trampolines. They are hell on the ankles.


notapplicable


Oct 15, 2012, 8:09 PM
Post #38663 of 45135 (905 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17766

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

"Gmburns2000 wrote:
that blows (kind of like this website the past year).

I was thinking the same thing the other day but it's not like we do anything to change the fact. When was the last time you started a well intended and useful thread in a climbing forum? I think mine was the "Near Miss Report" thread and that was almost two years ago.


notapplicable


Oct 15, 2012, 8:17 PM
Post #38664 of 45135 (903 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17766

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok, so I like some stuff in pretty much every genre of music. I've never been able to get in to jazz though. Not really. Well I listened to Miles Davis's Kind of Blue today and that shit blew my mind.

Don't know how or why but it finally clicked for me. At least with this one album. Killer stuff - http://www.youtube.com/...&feature=related


Partner epoch
Moderator

Oct 15, 2012, 9:07 PM
Post #38665 of 45135 (885 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32071

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Ok, so I like some stuff in pretty much every genre of music. I've never been able to get in to jazz though. Not really. Well I listened to Miles Davis's Kind of Blue today and that shit blew my mind.

Don't know how or why but it finally clicked for me. At least with this one album. Killer stuff - http://www.youtube.com/...&feature=related

Dude... add this and you've got a stellar combination.

Rainy Mood


Gmburns2000


Oct 16, 2012, 5:38 AM
Post #38666 of 45135 (879 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15152

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
"Gmburns2000 wrote:
that blows (kind of like this website the past year).

I was thinking the same thing the other day but it's not like we do anything to change the fact. When was the last time you started a well intended and useful thread in a climbing forum? I think mine was the "Near Miss Report" thread and that was almost two years ago.

I can't remember mine. I've done a few news notes. Maybe mine was the speed record by Caldwell and Honnold.

Still, none of the big hitters are here anymore. I don't even see JT. I anticipate a long, long recovery.


Gmburns2000


Oct 16, 2012, 5:59 AM
Post #38667 of 45135 (878 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15152

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Ok, so I like some stuff in pretty much every genre of music. I've never been able to get in to jazz though. Not really. Well I listened to Miles Davis's Kind of Blue today and that shit blew my mind.

Don't know how or why but it finally clicked for me. At least with this one album. Killer stuff - http://www.youtube.com/...&feature=related

I use jazz and classical music exclusively now for when I'm painting. well, opera, too. some jazz, I just can't get into, and the Grooveshark jazz station isn't that great, playing a lot of Ella Fitzgerald, who I don't like that much. But I've built my own playlist of the hancocks, davises, minguses, parkers, gillespies, wallers, coltranes, etc. since each son is about 10 minutes, I have about 2 hours worth of listening, and if it repeats then I'm not really paying attention anyway. It's great for creative endeavors.


Partner epoch
Moderator

Oct 16, 2012, 8:13 AM
Post #38668 of 45135 (874 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32071

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
"Gmburns2000 wrote:
that blows (kind of like this website the past year).

I was thinking the same thing the other day but it's not like we do anything to change the fact. When was the last time you started a well intended and useful thread in a climbing forum? I think mine was the "Near Miss Report" thread and that was almost two years ago.

I can't remember mine. I've done a few news notes. Maybe mine was the speed record by Caldwell and Honnold.

Still, none of the big hitters are here anymore. I don't even see JT. I anticipate a long, long recovery.

It's been a long time since my last useful thread. Most of the stuff that can be talked about has already been talked about. So, really, is there a point in trying to be useful?


donald949


Oct 16, 2012, 9:05 AM
Post #38669 of 45135 (866 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11374

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
In related knews.
I rolled my left ankle fri for the 2nd time in 2 weaks.
Mad
Saturday wuz soar, 2day iz better.
Hoping and praying that iz better by Vet's weekend. Wife suggested we hit Josh. Oh yea.

that blows (kind of like this website the past year).

Rolled ankles suck. ankles suck in general, actually. They take for freakin' ever to heel. (could've had a decent pun there if I wanted to work harder).

climbing or hiking or camping?
Er, neither.
1st was walking over the hose in the garden.
2nd was walking down the street, which had an uneven getter. Pirate


donald949


Oct 16, 2012, 9:13 AM
Post #38670 of 45135 (865 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11374

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
"Gmburns2000 wrote:
that blows (kind of like this website the past year).

I was thinking the same thing the other day but it's not like we do anything to change the fact. When was the last time you started a well intended and useful thread in a climbing forum? I think mine was the "Near Miss Report" thread and that was almost two years ago.

I can't remember mine. I've done a few news notes. Maybe mine was the speed record by Caldwell and Honnold.

Still, none of the big hitters are here anymore. I don't even see JT. I anticipate a long, long recovery.

It's been a long time since my last useful thread. Most of the stuff that can be talked about has already been talked about. So, really, is there a point in trying to be useful?
Nope. Not so much.
No good trolls lately.
All the noobs have been driven off by the angry old climber comments "do a search Ahole." So not even any freindly help threads to be had.
Very little good


erisspirit


Oct 16, 2012, 10:16 AM
Post #38671 of 45135 (858 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2004
Posts: 3763

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ran race...

didn't die!

got to experience some Gems of San Fransisco

nao its time to werk :(


Gmburns2000


Oct 16, 2012, 10:44 AM
Post #38672 of 45135 (850 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15152

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
In related knews.
I rolled my left ankle fri for the 2nd time in 2 weaks.
Mad
Saturday wuz soar, 2day iz better.
Hoping and praying that iz better by Vet's weekend. Wife suggested we hit Josh. Oh yea.

that blows (kind of like this website the past year).

Rolled ankles suck. ankles suck in general, actually. They take for freakin' ever to heel. (could've had a decent pun there if I wanted to work harder).

climbing or hiking or camping?
Er, neither.
1st was walking over the hose in the garden.
2nd was walking down the street, which had an uneven getter. Pirate

and you want to take a trip to J-Tree. My god. Boa sorte!


SylviaSmile


Oct 16, 2012, 2:54 PM
Post #38673 of 45135 (832 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Ok, so I like some stuff in pretty much every genre of music. I've never been able to get in to jazz though. Not really. Well I listened to Miles Davis's Kind of Blue today and that shit blew my mind.

Don't know how or why but it finally clicked for me. At least with this one album. Killer stuff - http://www.youtube.com/...&feature=related
+1


SylviaSmile


Oct 16, 2012, 2:55 PM
Post #38674 of 45135 (830 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
"Gmburns2000 wrote:
that blows (kind of like this website the past year).

I was thinking the same thing the other day but it's not like we do anything to change the fact. When was the last time you started a well intended and useful thread in a climbing forum? I think mine was the "Near Miss Report" thread and that was almost two years ago.

I can't remember mine. I've done a few news notes. Maybe mine was the speed record by Caldwell and Honnold.

Still, none of the big hitters are here anymore. I don't even see JT. I anticipate a long, long recovery.

It's been a long time since my last useful thread. Most of the stuff that can be talked about has already been talked about. So, really, is there a point in trying to be useful?
Nope. Not so much.
No good trolls lately.
All the noobs have been driven off by the angry old climber comments "do a search Ahole." So not even any freindly help threads to be had.
Very little good

I feel like I should actually be climbing in order to start a thread about climbing. All those "not climbing but" threads very quickly go downhill.


SylviaSmile


Oct 16, 2012, 4:16 PM
Post #38675 of 45135 (823 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Plus, I don't feel good right now. Woe is me Smile

First page Previous page 1 ... 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 ... 1806 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$32.36 (10% off)
$13.46 (10% off)
$87.75 (10% off)
$17.95 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook