Forums: Climbing Information: General:
2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

 


Partner cracklover


Dec 14, 2012, 1:19 PM
Post #1 of 42 (6621 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 9966

2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Well, another year is coming to a close, and I always like hearing about everyone else's exploits, I like the opportunity to think back on the year I had, and also to think about the year to come.

My biggest goals for this last year were to avoid further injuries, and do something about my nagging back troubles. I'd say I succeeded reasonably well on both counts. My back is still troublesome, but as long as I keep up my exercises, it's not bad enough to keep me from climbing.

Beyond that, my big goal was to climb the Nose on El Cap. I spent countless hours in my back yard up in a tree, practicing all my systems. Most of the summer was dedicated to it. Well I gave it a good try, but my partner and I only made it halfway up. Very disappointing but it was still super fun. And I'd like to try again soon, before I forget everything I learned.

Beyond that, a few highlights.

I got out maybe 60-70 days this year - not bad.

Finally sent Quarter of a Man at Indian Creek, on my third attempt in as many years. I actually built a little crack machine in my garage to prepare for this one!

A few other favorite climbs I got on this year: Excuse Station, Comic Relief, Johnny Cat, Slot Machine, and Desert Vuarnet (Indian Creek); Wunsch's Dihedral (S. Platte); Exasperator and University Wall (Squamish); The Bends (Devil's Head)

And I got to visit some new to me areas: Squamish, Vedauwoo, Empire (CO), Lime Creek (CO), El Rito (NM).

Goals for next year? So much depends on my partners. We'll see.

But I have set a birthday challenge. I turn 43 this year, and I hope to have sent 43 5.12 routes (lifetime, not just this year) by my birthday. So far, lifetime, I'm a little over halfway there. So there's a good chance I will fail, but... we shall see.

And in case you want to compare your year to what you said you hoped for, here's a link to last year's thread -->http://www.rockclimbing.com/...um.cgi?post=2558979;

GO


Kartessa


Dec 14, 2012, 6:01 PM
Post #2 of 42 (6549 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

Wow... that time again already!

Well this was a bad year. Depression took hold, paired with a fear of leaving home or being away from my son. Lots of pounds were gained.

Thanks to some friends though, I did get out this fall, and I was pulled from my funk.

I was dragged kicking and screaming to Yosemite where we climbed little but enjoyed great company. The crowds got to me, so we evacuated to Bishop where I got over my fear of bouldering.

Next year, I want to get my lead head back, learn to accept that risk is a part of life and if I just keep fearing, I'll be afraid to live.

I'll be in Joshua Tree February 5-12 and fingers crossed for a couple dozen routes over the 2 weeks (sounds doable unless you know me Tongue)

Most importantly, for 2013, more time spent on and off the rocks with great friends, family. Love.


dagibbs


Dec 14, 2012, 9:26 PM
Post #3 of 42 (6501 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 30, 2007
Posts: 880

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

How can I post a year-in-review? I'm currently in Las Vegas, I climbed Birdland 2 days ago, and I'm heading to Joshua Tree next week!


byran


Dec 16, 2012, 8:38 PM
Post #4 of 42 (6376 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 6, 2006
Posts: 266

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well looking at the forecast it seems that the rest of the year is shot for climbing.

2012 was a pretty 'alright' year considering I was working full-time the entire year. I did a lot of bouldering and cragging in Yosemite Valley. Not much long stuff unfortunately, and once again I've failed to do my first big-wall. But some highlights from the Valley are:

-Steck-Salathe: My favorite climb of the year and one that I had been putting off for years.

-Lots of cragging on Elephant Rock, most of which was awesome. Very low water in the Merced for most of the year so it was perfect.

-Several short slab climbs on the North Face Apron of Middle Cathedral. All of them were butt-puckering adrenaline rushes. This is my new favorite slab.

Outside of climbing in the Valley, I was able to get away for a few week-long trips. Bishop bouldering in March, the Obelisk and Courtright in July, Red Rocks in November.

The best part is that I was able to save up about $10k and I plan on spending the majority of 2013 on the road and climbing. I don't really have any goals for next year other than to not get injured and climb a bunch of really rad shit. Smith, Index and N Cascades, Squamish, and the Bugaboos are on the itinerary. I've never been to any of them.


granite_grrl


Dec 17, 2012, 5:44 AM
Post #5 of 42 (6337 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14693

Re: [byran] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

2012 was the first summer my husband and I were living apart because of my work (I took a job 3 hours away from him). I also hurt my finger first of July and it's still nagging me.

Because of these two factors I didn't climb that much last summer and when I did it wasn't very intense climbing.

This coming summer I'll still be working north and my husband will still be working long hours. I don't know if I'll actually get out climbing any more frequently than I did last year but I hope to make my days out climbing more productive than they were last year.


hyhuu


Dec 17, 2012, 5:59 AM
Post #6 of 42 (6329 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 25, 2001
Posts: 491

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Since I started climbing in 2000, I touched the real rocks the least number of times in 2012 due to kids, works and deadth in the family. I think I got outside may be 6 times and 5 of those were just day trip. The only one of note worthy was a 1 week long, first time trip to Yosemite. It was my first time experiencing big-wall climbing. I had 5 days to climb and somehow we managed to climb Half-Dome Regular NWF and Washington Column - The Prowl. It was quite an amazing experience. 2013 is reserved for the Nose.


gblauer
Moderator

Dec 17, 2012, 7:20 AM
Post #7 of 42 (6312 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2002
Posts: 2801

Re: [hyhuu] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

A solid year for me. My husband is injured so he was unable to climb with me all year. I love climbing with him and it's hard to not have him as a partner.

That said, I did have some wonderful partners this year and very much enjoyed my climbing. I lead my first gunks 10 and I hope it will help me develop the confidence to lead many more. While I did very little gym climbing, I did train rigorously with a trainer and I managed to do a cardio workout almost 6 days per week.

I just got back from Cochise, expecting to get in a bit more outdoor climbing before the year end (I am getting some aid gear for Christmas).

Goals for next year: I want to grow my confidence so that it is equal to my physical climbing ability. It's time to regularly take on greater challenges.


potreroed


Dec 17, 2012, 7:57 AM
Post #8 of 42 (6288 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 30, 2001
Posts: 1447

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

For the first time in many years, Tami and I stayed in the Potrero all Summer, instead of going to our home in Wisconsin. I spent the whole Summer, and Fall, bolting a new 8 pitch route on the Mota Wall, and it looks like it's going to take me well into the Winter to finish cleaning it and bolting some variations.


blueeyedclimber


Dec 19, 2012, 7:25 AM
Post #9 of 42 (6136 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 19, 2002
Posts: 4602

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
Well, another year is coming to a close, and I always like hearing about everyone else's exploits, I like the opportunity to think back on the year I had, and also to think about the year to come.


And in case you want to compare your year to what you said you hoped for, here's a link to last year's thread -->http://www.rockclimbing.com/...um.cgi?post=2558979;

GO

I was gonna say, "Hey, this is my job!" But you linked mine so I guess I'll let you have it this year Wink

This year was a weird one. I didn't get out as much as last year but only about 5 days less (45). I did 50 last year, not counting ice. It was also a very heavy sport climbing year. I would like to say I am stronger because of it, but it was also very erratic when we would get out. Less weekends and more day trips.

You see, we have a teenage daughter that keeps us pretty busy. Old enough that she has her own schedule, but young enough that I don't want to leave her home Pirate

Here are some highlights:

Went to Thailand for the second time.
On sighted two 12a's
Got on a handful of 12c's or harder and felt like I could get them with a little work (Of course with my erratic schedule I never put in that work)


Here were my goals from last year:

- Attempt Yellow Wall
- Go to Thailand
- Starting training for the Nose
- Finish the last few pitches of VMC direct direct


The only one I did was go to Thailand, so I guess it wasn't a very successful year.

As far as next year goes, I am not sure what that will bring, so I hesitate to commit to any goals, except to try to climb as much as possible.

Josh


blueeyedclimber


Dec 19, 2012, 8:31 AM
Post #10 of 42 (6112 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 19, 2002
Posts: 4602

Re: [dagibbs] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

dagibbs wrote:
How can I post a year-in-review? I'm currently in Las Vegas, I climbed Birdland 2 days ago, and I'm heading to Joshua Tree next week!

By calendar year. How was 2012?

Josh


wonderwoman


Dec 19, 2012, 8:47 AM
Post #11 of 42 (6108 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2002
Posts: 4269

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

I finished grad school, which allowed me to start climbing again. Then I went to Thailand.

Despite being out of climbing shape, I managed to onsight my hardest sport route and redpoint my hardest trad this year. That's something, I suppose.

For 2013:
Train all winter
Get out as much as possible in Spring / Summer / Fall
Learn some aid climbing
Break into the high 10's / low 11's on trad (route suggestions are welcome)

I need to think about this more, though.


edge


Dec 19, 2012, 8:58 AM
Post #12 of 42 (6097 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9091

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

I had a good year overall. I got outdoors a total of 27 days which included 112 pitches and 21 first ascents. I only had to go to the gym 4 times.

Our crew started developing Longstack Precipice in the Lakes Region of NH. I had climbed at the crag in the late 70s when I would ditch high school, and put up 8-10 lines back then. Due to questionable access the cliff sat undeveloped until late last year, but now boasts 60 quality climbs of which I have the FA of 22 of them.



The cliff is about 1/3 mile long and up to 170' tall with routes ranging from 5.5-5.12, almost all of exceptional quality despite the fact that it is still cleaning up a bit. This has been called by many the best crag in central and southern NH.

Many of the routes were established ground up, but others were prepped top down by scrubbing and adding only necessary bolts. This is NOT a sport area, although there are a few all bolted climbs.



The pic above is on 'Way of the Peaceful Warrior" 5.9+. The one below is after rap scrubbing "Earth and Sky" 5.9 PG.



I also bagged 4 FAs on Humphreys Ledge, and another 4 at the newly developed Halls Ledge in Jackson, NH.

Highlights include late nights at Longstack Precipice, climbing via headlamp and walking out under the full moon to howling coyote.




I got to repeat a bunch of North Conway classics that I hadn't done in 15-20 years like the Hotter Than Hell-Inferno link up. I was also asked to help judge the USA Climbing Adult Bouldering Nationals in Colorado Springs last February, which is always fun.



With all of the new route development and time scrubbing, I didn't get on as many pitches as I could have, so I didn't push the grades as hard as I would have liked. Still, I managed to onsight lead a handful of .11s (.12s in the gym don't count, eva...)

I was waylaid from March - May with an injury, and developed a mild case of achilles tendonitis mid Summer which I am treating with RICE and managing until I shut down for 6-8 weeks to let it heal, probably Jan & Feb.

The big news was that we finally sold our house of 18 years, and have moved into a rental for the winter. My wife and I bought a 27' RV and a Tundra to pull it, and when my son graduates from UMass in May we are hitting the road for a 3-4 month, open ended cross country road trip. We plan on hitting all the National Parks out west, and eventually relocate to the Front Range of CO, my lifelong dream. We want to be near Boulder, but not necessarily in Boulder, as we have family near there and my daughter just moved last Summer to Denver. I can't wait to climb with her again.



We fly out to Denver for 11 days over Christmas/New Years, and I hope to get out to Clear Creek Canyon for some (shudder) sport climbing while we are there, so my numbers for 2012 should go up.


Dip


Dec 19, 2012, 9:02 AM
Post #13 of 42 (6090 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 16, 2009
Posts: 269

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

By far my best year as far as getting outside goes. If the weather cooperates i'll have over 90 days outside by the end of December. Sent my hardest trad and hardest boulder problems to date. Got back out to Red Rocks and visited the Chattanooga area twice, both very cool. Spent a lot of time at the New and fell in love with Seneca.

On the down side, didn't get to the Gunks as much as i would've liked and didn't do a whole lot of sport climbing either. Suffered through a variety of progress impeding injuries as well.

Really looking forward to 2013. Have a trip scheduled to do the Grand Wall and check out the rest of Squamish in June. Mega psyched for that. Also looking to get to the Daks and maybe Rocktown or HP40. And so help me god I will not injure any more fingers! Okay the last one is probably a pipe dream but it can't hurt to be optimistic.


wonderwoman


Dec 19, 2012, 9:11 AM
Post #14 of 42 (6081 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2002
Posts: 4269

Re: [Dip] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Dip wrote:
Have a trip scheduled to do the Grand Wall and check out the rest of Squamish in June.

I have the Grand Wall in my sights, too. Hoping to keep our biannual Squamish tradition, if funds (and teenager's schedule) allow.


Dip


Dec 19, 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #15 of 42 (6052 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 16, 2009
Posts: 269

Re: [wonderwoman] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

wonderwoman wrote:
Dip wrote:
Have a trip scheduled to do the Grand Wall and check out the rest of Squamish in June.

I have the Grand Wall in my sights, too. Hoping to keep our biannual Squamish tradition, if funds (and teenager's schedule) allow.


Mine's gonna be 4 in April. I figure i have about 9 years until his schedule completely runs me into the ground. Although he's already got quite the packed calendar for someone who can't even tie his shoes yet.


camhead


Dec 19, 2012, 11:10 AM
Post #16 of 42 (6015 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20695

Re: [Dip] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Thanks for starting this thread, Cracklover, ad strong work on Quarter of a Man! These end-of-the-year reports always get me psyched to keep training and climbing more.

My year was productive, but not as good as 2011, which was an unusually good year for me. Still, there were some highpoints, and here they are in chronological order:

(don't read any further if you hate spray and reference to climbing grades. I climb so that I can improve, and the easiest way to chart improvement is by working through grades.)

SPRING:
I tried a more structured, periodized training system beginning in January; hangboarding, campusing, enduro-laps. It helped, I think.

In March, I managed to onsight Replicant, an 11+/12- stemming dihedral at the New which I really had to work for.

My wife and I spent way too much time projecting some steep lines at the Colosseum near the NRG. Although we had some setbacks (mostly shity weather and condensation), we both managed to get our hardest redpoints to date. She sent Apollo Reed for her first 13a, and I sent The Pod for my first (soft) 13b. I also got Apollo wired enough that I could do it on command as a warmup and a cooldown, which was fun. Most important, when my wife sent her prodge, she stripped down to nothing and jumped into the Lake naked in front of like 20 people. Great times.

SUMMER:
I committed to working a guiding job in Southern Utah's Canyon Country, which was really cool, but did not give me a lot of time to climb. The area I was living at (Torrey, UT) was surrounded by amazing Wingate on all sides, and unlike a lot of Wingate, was nice and cool throughout a lot of the summer. Unfortunately, I had a VERY hard time finding partners.

What little climbing I was able to do was really good, though. I originally learned to climb trad on desert redrock splitters, but since I moved East I had not climbed desert redrock splitters for nearly five years. I was not sure how my fitness for pure desert endurance would be, but it turns out that all my sport fitness transferred over to the cracks really well. On one of the few days that I had a partner, I managed to onsight my hardest trad route ever, a shortish 12c tips splitter over a roof. I also did a few FAs, some on solo-TR, and some with partners. Can't wait to get back to that area to do more.

In July, I did my only climbing trip of the summer, up to Tensleep in WY. No great sends, but had a fun time, and managed to finish up onsighting the Shinto Wall, which I had started last year.

Also, in August I scrambled up to Trench Warfare, a 12+ OW in Little Cottonwood, near SLC, UT. Just did a few really weak hangdog runs on it, but it was the first hard offwidth I really have ever tried, and I look forward to getting back on it again in the future.

FALL:
Started off the fall by going back to the RRG, which I had sworn off of last spring after way too many crowds and drama there. Got several 12+'s second go, and built up my fitness pretty consistently.

Did not do too much other trad in the fall, although I did onsight Steve Martin's Face, a very intricate face-trad route at the NRG.

In November, I finally managed to put away Dial 911, a techy, very beta-intensive, and sandbagged 13a at Endless Wall, NRG, which I think is my favorite sport line ever.

Then, the day before Thanksgiving at the RRG, I took a fall on a warmup, pulled one piece of gear, and fractured my foot pretty badly for the worst injury I've ever had. I'm now laid up in a cast with a bunch of pins and screws in my foot. No climbing at all until March at the earliest, and I have no idea how bad of shape I will be in, although I have been making progress on the hangboard and even the benchpress.

So yeah, the year in review: fun sport projecting, some fun FAs and single pitch trad.

What I did not do, that I wish I had: looking back, I realized that I did NO multipitch this year, which I'm bummed about. I also did not travel to a single new climbing area at all. I did a few fun trad lines, but nowhere near enough, and both of the 12+ crack projects that I had went unfulfilled. Next year, I really hope to do less projecting and more exploring.

that's awl.


granite_grrl


Dec 19, 2012, 11:11 AM
Post #17 of 42 (6013 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14693

Re: [camhead] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Thanks for starting this thread, Cracklover, ad strong work on Quarter of a Man! These end-of-the-year reports always get me psyched to keep training and climbing more.

My year was productive, but not as good as 2011, which was an unusually good year for me. Still, there were some highpoints, and here they are in chronological order:

(don't read any further if you hate spray and reference to climbing grades. I climb so that I can improve, and the easiest way to chart improvement is by working through grades.)

SPRING:
I tried a more structured, periodized training system beginning in January; hangboarding, campusing, enduro-laps. It helped, I think.

In March, I managed to onsight Replicant, an 11+/12- stemming dihedral at the New which I really had to work for.

My wife and I spent way too much time projecting some steep lines at the Colosseum near the NRG. Although we had some setbacks (mostly shity weather and condensation), we both managed to get our hardest redpoints to date. She sent Apollo Reed for her first 13a, and I sent The Pod for my first (soft) 13b. I also got Apollo wired enough that I could do it on command as a warmup and a cooldown, which was fun. Most important, when my wife sent her prodge, she stripped down to nothing and jumped into the Lake naked in front of like 20 people. Great times.

SUMMER:
I committed to working a guiding job in Southern Utah's Canyon Country, which was really cool, but did not give me a lot of time to climb. The area I was living at (Torrey, UT) was surrounded by amazing Wingate on all sides, and unlike a lot of Wingate, was nice and cool throughout a lot of the summer. Unfortunately, I had a VERY hard time finding partners.

What little climbing I was able to do was really good, though. I originally learned to climb trad on desert redrock splitters, but since I moved East I had not climbed desert redrock splitters for nearly five years. I was not sure how my fitness for pure desert endurance would be, but it turns out that all my sport fitness transferred over to the cracks really well. On one of the few days that I had a partner, I managed to onsight my hardest trad route ever, a shortish 12c tips splitter over a roof. I also did a few FAs, some on solo-TR, and some with partners. Can't wait to get back to that area to do more.

In July, I did my only climbing trip of the summer, up to Tensleep in WY. No great sends, but had a fun time, and managed to finish up onsighting the Shinto Wall, which I had started last year.

Also, in August I scrambled up to Trench Warfare, a 12+ OW in Little Cottonwood, near SLC, UT. Just did a few really weak hangdog runs on it, but it was the first hard offwidth I really have ever tried, and I look forward to getting back on it again in the future.

FALL:
Started off the fall by going back to the RRG, which I had sworn off of last spring after way too many crowds and drama there. Got several 12+'s second go, and built up my fitness pretty consistently.

Did not do too much other trad in the fall, although I did onsight Steve Martin's Face, a very intricate face-trad route at the NRG.

In November, I finally managed to put away Dial 911, a techy, very beta-intensive, and sandbagged 13a at Endless Wall, NRG, which I think is my favorite sport line ever.

Then, the day before Thanksgiving at the RRG, I took a fall on a warmup, pulled one piece of gear, and fractured my foot pretty badly for the worst injury I've ever had. I'm now laid up in a cast with a bunch of pins and screws in my foot. No climbing at all until March at the earliest, and I have no idea how bad of shape I will be in, although I have been making progress on the hangboard and even the benchpress.

So yeah, the year in review: fun sport projecting, some fun FAs and single pitch trad.

What I did not do, that I wish I had: looking back, I realized that I did NO multipitch this year, which I'm bummed about. I also did not travel to a single new climbing area at all. I did a few fun trad lines, but nowhere near enough, and both of the 12+ crack projects that I had went unfulfilled. Next year, I really hope to do less projecting and more exploring.

that's awl.

I'm not reading that.


SylviaSmile


Dec 19, 2012, 2:48 PM
Post #18 of 42 (5963 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

2012! What a year!

I climbed in the gym for the beginning of the year. I miss my gym partners, they were great!

Thanks to NA, I climbed on the real rock in Virginia several times. I only brought ham sammiches once, after I figured out from the SPCI that no one really wanted the sammiches in the first place! Blush

Over the summer, I moved to Colorado to go to grad school...before grad school started, I climbed in the gym a bit and then met up with a Polish dude from RC.com who was visiting and we climbed around Golden.

Then I got swept up into school and haven't climbed and am growing weak and possibly fat. BUT there is always hope for 2013! I have met a couple of people around here who say they rock climb, so I'm thinkin' I'll have to make them go once the weather changes back from skiing weather. Especially since I had to buy a rope and a full set of quickdraws for the Golden adventures. Angelic


atg200


Dec 19, 2012, 6:05 PM
Post #19 of 42 (5917 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 27, 2001
Posts: 4317

Post deleted by atg200 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  

 


camhead


Dec 19, 2012, 6:29 PM
Post #20 of 42 (5905 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20695

Re: [atg200] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Good lord, Andrew is about to break into .11s? And he's bouldering? This is definitely a sign of the apocalypse.

Nice work on the towers, seriously. I hope to check out that splitter sometime.


atg200


Dec 19, 2012, 8:09 PM
Post #21 of 42 (5882 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 27, 2001
Posts: 4317

Post deleted by atg200 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  

 


guangzhou


Dec 19, 2012, 8:27 PM
Post #22 of 42 (5870 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2004
Posts: 3389

Re: [atg200] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

 
One of my New Years Resolution last year was to get at least 8 hours sleep a day. Achieved nicely. (I can break this rule for long routes)

Every year I seem to take a month to six weeks off. Not because I lack motivation, but because things interfere with climbing. As a teacher, this time usually fell around the beginning of the school year. Not a bad thing when you consider I have just spent 6 to 8 weeks climbing. My body probably needed the rest, but I would not have rested voluntarily.

Overall, this has been a slow climbing year for me. I'm guessing about 100 days on the rock. Mostly because I started my own business and the school I worked at needed a teacher to cover classes for a couple months. That was in August and I', still here. (Will remain till March)


Did some climbing photography. Not as much as usual, but some new themes with shooting indoors.


My wife and I celebrated new years sport climbing in Southern Thailand.


Spent lots of time climbing the crags near Surabaya with my wife.



My gym manager doing what he likes best, climbing outdoors.

Working on a project there. 6 years now, over 50 attempts. I climbed it once on my third try, broke a key hold through the crux the next time, and another before the crux the next time around. With the missing holds, haven't figured out the sequence yet.





Visited Batu Cave in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. Some excellent climbing there within 20 minutes of downtown. I would live in KL with no problems.





Started to establish a new "big wall" route. Should be about 18 to 20 pitches when complete. Rainy season came, so the project is on hold. Bolts are needed, but overall it will be a mixed route.


Did some much needed Climbing Community Service project. Anchor replacements.


One of the belay bolts replaced recently.

Spent to much time in the climbing. Playing and working.

Achieved a few other non-climbing related projects too.


(This post was edited by guangzhou on Dec 19, 2012, 8:30 PM)


lena_chita
Moderator

Dec 20, 2012, 8:49 AM
Post #23 of 42 (5808 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5564

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

2012 was not as good as I hoped, but better than I pessimistically expected.

Roughly 75 outside climbing days this year.

I battled previous-year injury, and recovered, though not without setbacks.

Had my first- ever trips to Hueco, Looking Glass, Ten Sleep, and several return trips to Red Rocks, RRG, NRG, Stone Fort and Rocktown.

Sent my first (soft) V6 at Stone Fort, flashed my first (soft) 5.12a at TenSleep, and redpointed a formerly-C-now-5.12b at RRG.

I haven't been training in any sort of regimented way for the past couple years, as I had other non-climbing issues to contend with, but this winter I decided to try a periodization cycle.

My goal for next year
-- send a real 12c and 2 more 12b's, and start working on 12d.
-- visit at least one new area
--climb trad more, and maybe, finally, do a "real" multi-pitch.


njrox


Dec 20, 2012, 9:11 AM
Post #24 of 42 (5795 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 12, 2011
Posts: 251

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

2012 was a mixed year. Both good and bad.

I had to look through my desk blotter calendar to get a real sense of how many days I actually climbed since I note just about every event on that thing. I was suprised to find that my total days climbing outside were just 19.

This summer I had an interesting injury. I actually sprained the scar tissue of a hernia surgery that I had ten years ago. It was almost as painful as the hernia itself and it took nearly two months to heal.

I also became a father in late 2011 so I've been awful busy.

However, most of my days were actually of high quality. Less top-roping and more following, mult-pitching, and finally leading. In terms of grade difficulty, I'm not doing anything fantastic. But I'm very happy otherwise with my progression as a climber.

This past month has been a good month for climbing, and I feel like going into 2013 the momentum will continue. I'm hopeful for a proper ice season and if not I'll take the cool-to-cold days and climb outside during the winter. My only expectation are to climb more, go to more places, and have a good time.


saint_john


Dec 21, 2012, 8:13 AM
Post #25 of 42 (5691 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 4, 2010
Posts: 494

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In 2012 I learned how to be a rock climber and made many wonderful new friends in the process.

My goal for 2013 is climb in at least 6 different states.


Partner cracklover


Dec 21, 2012, 9:41 AM
Post #26 of 42 (1230 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 9966

Re: [dagibbs] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

dagibbs wrote:
How can I post a year-in-review? I'm currently in Las Vegas, I climbed Birdland 2 days ago, and I'm heading to Joshua Tree next week!

Okay then, hope you send lots, and report back on all your crushage in a few days!

GO


Partner cracklover


Dec 21, 2012, 9:43 AM
Post #27 of 42 (1228 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 9966

Re: [byran] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

byran wrote:
The best part is that I was able to save up about $10k and I plan on spending the majority of 2013 on the road and climbing. I don't really have any goals for next year other than to not get injured and climb a bunch of really rad shit. Smith, Index and N Cascades, Squamish, and the Bugaboos are on the itinerary. I've never been to any of them.

Nah, I'm not jealous. Well, okay, only a lot.

GLaugh


Partner cracklover


Dec 21, 2012, 9:47 AM
Post #28 of 42 (1226 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 9966

Re: [hyhuu] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hyhuu wrote:
Since I started climbing in 2000, I touched the real rocks the least number of times in 2012 due to kids, works and deadth in the family. I think I got outside may be 6 times and 5 of those were just day trip. The only one of note worthy was a 1 week long, first time trip to Yosemite. It was my first time experiencing big-wall climbing. I had 5 days to climb and somehow we managed to climb Half-Dome Regular NWF and Washington Column - The Prowl. It was quite an amazing experience. 2013 is reserved for the Nose.

Two walls in five days is a pretty sweet highlight for the year. Especially for a very first experience wall climbing! With how little time you have, did you hire a guide, or do you have a wall partner? Anyway, good luck on the Nose in 2013! From what I've seen of it, it's way worthy.

GO


Partner cracklover


Dec 21, 2012, 9:51 AM
Post #29 of 42 (1223 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 9966

Re: [gblauer] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

gblauer wrote:
A solid year for me. My husband is injured so he was unable to climb with me all year. I love climbing with him and it's hard to not have him as a partner.

I remember reading about that when it happened. How's he doing now?

In reply to:
I lead my first gunks 10 and I hope it will help me develop the confidence to lead many more.

That's a huge step up, congrats! C'mon, spray a little - which one? And which ones are you salivating over for next year?

In reply to:
Goals for next year: I want to grow my confidence so that it is equal to my physical climbing ability. It's time to regularly take on greater challenges.

You go girl! Sounds like you've come to some workable detente with the feet. Good to hear.

Cheers!

GO


Partner cracklover


Dec 21, 2012, 9:55 AM
Post #30 of 42 (1213 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 9966

Re: [blueeyedclimber] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

blueeyedclimber wrote:
I was gonna say, "Hey, this is my job!" But you linked mine so I guess I'll let you have it this year Wink

Yeah, but I think I might've been the year before. Tag team.

In reply to:

As far as next year goes, I am not sure what that will bring, so I hesitate to commit to any goals, except to try to climb as much as possible.

Josh

Well let's make sure you and I (and Tiff and Allison) at least get together once this year. So far, we're one for one for ticking off great climbs (descents notwithstanding). I'm ready to hop back on that send train!

GO


Partner cracklover


Dec 21, 2012, 10:00 AM
Post #31 of 42 (1209 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 9966

Re: [wonderwoman] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

wonderwoman wrote:
I finished grad school, which allowed me to start climbing again. Then I went to Thailand.

Those are both awesome right there!

In reply to:
Despite being out of climbing shape, I managed to onsight my hardest sport route and redpoint my hardest trad this year. That's something, I suppose.

Nice! With the training all winter, you'll be unstoppable come spring. Just stay healthy!

Hope to climb with you and Josh in 2013 - it's always fun.

GO


Partner cracklover


Dec 21, 2012, 10:03 AM
Post #32 of 42 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 9966

Re: [edge] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Edge, 21 FAs, and all that development at Longstack is really awesome. Talk about leaving New England on a high note!

Hope to hook up with you guys out here. I still owe you one for your loan when I did The Prow.

GO


Partner cracklover


Dec 21, 2012, 10:07 AM
Post #33 of 42 (1200 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 9966

Re: [Dip] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Dip, sounds like a fantastic year!

Dip wrote:
And so help me god I will not injure any more fingers! Okay the last one is probably a pipe dream but it can't hurt to be optimistic.

Finger injuries suck. I'm finally fully recovered from a pulley rupture (and another partial) last year. May we all be done with them forever. Please?

GO


Partner cracklover


Dec 21, 2012, 10:19 AM
Post #34 of 42 (1188 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 9966

Re: [camhead] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Thanks for starting this thread, Cracklover, ad strong work on Quarter of a Man! These end-of-the-year reports always get me psyched to keep training and climbing more.

You mean give you a guilt-free opportunity to spray? You're welcome. ;) And yeah, I was super-psyched on QoaM. For guys with big hands, that thing can be just brutal.

In reply to:
The area I was living at (Torrey, UT) was surrounded by amazing Wingate on all sides, and unlike a lot of Wingate, was nice and cool throughout a lot of the summer. Unfortunately, I had a VERY hard time finding partners.
<snip>
Can't wait to get back to that area to do more.

If our schedules line up and you're back out here, I'd love to check it out. Andrew can vouch for me, I'm not nearly as annoying in real life as I am here. Desert splitters you can climb in the summer sounds almost too good to be true.

Sorry about the foot. Hope it heals well, and speedily.

GO


Dip


Dec 21, 2012, 10:20 AM
Post #35 of 42 (1186 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 16, 2009
Posts: 269

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
Dip, sounds like a fantastic year!

Dip wrote:
And so help me god I will not injure any more fingers! Okay the last one is probably a pipe dream but it can't hurt to be optimistic.

Finger injuries suck. I'm finally fully recovered from a pulley rupture (and another partial) last year. May we all be done with them forever. Please?

GO

Dude i know. I hurt my right ring finger in april. Literally one day after it was fully recovered i did the same thing to my left middle. At that point all i could was laugh. I mean i could've probably cried but a grown man crying is unsightly. Seems to be steep plastic that does it to me.


Partner cracklover


Dec 21, 2012, 10:23 AM
Post #36 of 42 (1185 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 9966

Re: [atg200] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Andrew, much as I miss you, it sounds like moving back to Utah has been awesome (no surprise for you there, I'm sure).

atg200 wrote:
I got my first ever gym membership at a bouldering gym in SLC, and aside from the summer months i've gone consistently 2-3 times a week. Consequently i'm in better shape and climbing better than I ever have before. I've been guily of being satisfied leading 5.8 and 5.9 and pushing it by just doing very long routes, high altitude peaks, and big walls over the years. I'm now getting motivated more by pushing climbing difficulty. Starting to lead 5.10 now, and hope to push into 5.11 by the end of next year. Its really made me change my entire approach to climbing, which is difficult but healthy after so many years.

Holy crap! Good for you!

GO


Partner cracklover


Dec 21, 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #37 of 42 (1165 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 9966

Re: [Dip] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Dip wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Dip, sounds like a fantastic year!

Dip wrote:
And so help me god I will not injure any more fingers! Okay the last one is probably a pipe dream but it can't hurt to be optimistic.

Finger injuries suck. I'm finally fully recovered from a pulley rupture (and another partial) last year. May we all be done with them forever. Please?

GO

Dude i know. I hurt my right ring finger in april. Literally one day after it was fully recovered i did the same thing to my left middle. At that point all i could was laugh. I mean i could've probably cried but a grown man crying is unsightly. Seems to be steep plastic that does it to me.

Ouch. Hard crimps in awkward (and steep) positions seem to be a roll of the dice for me. I've started a training regimen on the campus board. Yes I hope to get stronger, but the real reason is that I hope to (almost) never have to crimp again.

GO


hyhuu


Dec 21, 2012, 11:43 AM
Post #38 of 42 (1147 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 25, 2001
Posts: 491

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
hyhuu wrote:
Since I started climbing in 2000, I touched the real rocks the least number of times in 2012 due to kids, works and deadth in the family. I think I got outside may be 6 times and 5 of those were just day trip. The only one of note worthy was a 1 week long, first time trip to Yosemite. It was my first time experiencing big-wall climbing. I had 5 days to climb and somehow we managed to climb Half-Dome Regular NWF and Washington Column - The Prowl. It was quite an amazing experience. 2013 is reserved for the Nose.

Two walls in five days is a pretty sweet highlight for the year. Especially for a very first experience wall climbing! With how little time you have, did you hire a guide, or do you have a wall partner? Anyway, good luck on the Nose in 2013! From what I've seen of it, it's way worthy.

GO

I did the walls with 2 friends. Even though we know each other for a number of years, we never actually climb together as party of 3 let alone doing a big wall. We didn't even practice together except for a brief of exchange on emails about how we'll climb as a team. The first day, we were soooo slow but things went much better after. I can't wait until next year.


shotwell


Dec 21, 2012, 8:34 PM
Post #39 of 42 (1121 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 5, 2009
Posts: 366

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
Dip wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Dip, sounds like a fantastic year!

Dip wrote:
And so help me god I will not injure any more fingers! Okay the last one is probably a pipe dream but it can't hurt to be optimistic.

Finger injuries suck. I'm finally fully recovered from a pulley rupture (and another partial) last year. May we all be done with them forever. Please?

GO

Dude i know. I hurt my right ring finger in april. Literally one day after it was fully recovered i did the same thing to my left middle. At that point all i could was laugh. I mean i could've probably cried but a grown man crying is unsightly. Seems to be steep plastic that does it to me.

Ouch. Hard crimps in awkward (and steep) positions seem to be a roll of the dice for me. I've started a training regimen on the campus board. Yes I hope to get stronger, but the real reason is that I hope to (almost) never have to crimp again.

GO

Just stop crimping. Climb everything with an open hand and accept the step back for a few months. You can be just as strong on open hand edges pretty quickly, though you will probably need the half crimp still. Nicole gave up crimping at the start of the fall season and now finds it more secure. You have to learn to trust it more than anything.


dagibbs


Dec 23, 2012, 5:44 AM
Post #40 of 42 (1085 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 30, 2007
Posts: 880

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
dagibbs wrote:
How can I post a year-in-review? I'm currently in Las Vegas, I climbed Birdland 2 days ago, and I'm heading to Joshua Tree next week!

Okay then, hope you send lots, and report back on all your crushage in a few days!

GO

It's been a pretty big year for me. 73 days of outdoor climbing, and I don't count or log gym days. First day of local (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) climbing was March 31st, and last day of local was November 17th -- so that's a long season for Ottawa.

I've done two major trips -- the first in March for 2 weeks in El Potrero Chico, and the 2nd just ending now, to Red Rocks and Joshua Tree. I've also done my first trip to Rumney -- I spent three long weekends in New Hampshire, mostly climbing at Rumney, but also getting a couple days in at Whitehorse Ledge. I also did a trip to Thunder Bay, Ontario which included some climbing at Crags up that way, too.

New crags this year: Rumeny, Whitehorse Ledge, Red Rocks, Joshua Tree, Urban Crag (Las Vegas limestone), Gun Club Crag (Las Vegas limestone), Keyhole Canyon (Las Vegas granite), Mount Doom (Sudbury, ON), Mt Helen (Thunder Bay), Pass Lake (Thunder Bay).

I've also continue development on a small crag near Ottawa, Lac Sam. Scrubbing granite of moss and lichen, trundling rocks, and all that sort of exciting, dirty, work.


ChalkIsCheap


Dec 23, 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #41 of 42 (1067 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 27, 2010
Posts: 89

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This year was a pretty bad year. My fiancee spent the whole summer in Toronto working and every free weekend we had was completely booked up so we managed to get out only a dozen or so times.

I looked at my log book from work that I wrote down any climbing event that I remembered to log. Made it to our first Multi-pitch granite climb in June at Bon Echo, nothing in July or August, got out a lot in September, once in October on the only good day of weather (luckily) to propose to my girlfriend at the top of a climb at Rattlesnake Point, and a few times in November. Not bad actually considering our busy schedule this year and all the bad weather on the days that we were free.

This year was mostly dedicated on learning new skills. I spent a lot of time placing gear and climbing at slightly easier grades to get my placements down. Climbing easy polished limestone is actually harder then climbing harder graded routes as they aren't as slippery from traffic. I spent so much time climbing easy trad that I forgot what it was like to climb harder sport routes. The weekend that we made it to The Swamp I forgot that I could actually do 10's and 11's on sport.

This year I am in the worst shape I have been in a while and next year I am going to train much more and dedicate more time to climbing outdoors. I am gaining more confidence leading on gear and will hopefully get out on the ice this year. Then at least I can climb more then just the summer months. My on call schedule no longer conflicts with good weekends and are planning a trip to Red Rocks for March break.

Everything looks like it will be lining up this year, I now have a gym built in my basement and I am going to whip myself into shape and project some harder grades. My fiancee is getting her lead head back on and gaining much more confidence on the rocks. I feel much more confident taking on harder projects with just her. 2013 is going to rock!

Kevin


Partner robdotcalm


Jan 24, 2013, 11:05 AM
Post #42 of 42 (911 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 31, 2002
Posts: 1023

Re: [cracklover] 2012 Year in review, and hopes for next year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

As usual I begin by mentioning that at 82, I most proud that Iím still walking. I had 53 days of outdoor climbing and a small number of gym days in 2012. It felt good for a change to be climbing stronger at the end of the season than at the beginning. I didnít take any trips in this year mostly because of family obligations (all those grandkids) and a trivial muscle pull in the thigh that kept me from climbing for a couple of weeks. I have a sense of spiritual gratitude that Iím still able to climb.

My partner Ben and I established a first ascent, Barbed Wire at Vedauwoo, which as you can note from my description will probably see few second ascents (to get through the last part of it, I had to remove all my gear, except for the harness, attach a sling to the gear and pull it up when I got to the top). Details at:

http://www.mountainproject.com/...playground/105972860

At this site, you can see Day of Wrath, which we established in 2011 and finally got around to posting. The story of the non-existent swastika can be found there along with some disparaging remarks mostly about me. Itís like Hollywood, I donít care what they say as long as they spell my name right. Anyway, at my age, there is a perverse pleasure in stirring up controversy. Note that Vedauwoo work days require some heavy lifting

http://www.mountainproject.com/...-6-cam-/107760078__3

My most exciting adventure was having to down climb the East Slabs at Eldorado on a night with no moonlight and our not having headlamps. Come up with all your dumb reasons for getting so late on an easy 6 pitch climb, which Iíve climbed several times before, and my partner and I (60 years combined experience) probably made all of them.

I hope to get a few trips in this year, and my partners and I have will attempt a couple of lines we started working on last year. Otherwise, itíll be weight lifting and hiking with my wife, trying to avoid injuries and to postpone the inevitable stigmata of aging.

Gratias et valete bene!
RobertusPunctumPacificus


(This post was edited by robdotcalm on Jan 24, 2013, 11:07 AM)


Forums : Climbing Information : General

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook