Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 ... 1808 Next page Last page  View All


notapplicable


Dec 31, 2012, 10:55 PM
Post #39726 of 45194 (1035 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just got back from two days at Rumbling Bald. It would appear that I can still three hang .10c and boulder V2 with the sketchiest of them.

My partners were on a tear and pretty much crushed everything in sight. She snagged her first V4 and he ticked off multiple V7's and an impressive flash of a .12a gear line.

Weather was pretty cherry. Cold at night but plenty warm by midmorning. Good trip.


(This post was edited by notapplicable on Dec 31, 2012, 10:56 PM)


notapplicable


Dec 31, 2012, 10:55 PM
Post #39727 of 45194 (1033 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

WOO! Startin the new year off right


Kartessa


Dec 31, 2012, 11:34 PM
Post #39728 of 45194 (1028 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Just got back from two days at Rumbling Bald. It would appear that I can still three hang .10c and boulder V2 with the sketchiest of them.

My partners were on a tear and pretty much crushed everything in sight. She snagged her first V4 and he ticked off multiple V7's and an impressive flash of a .12a gear line.

Weather was pretty cherry. Cold at night but plenty warm by midmorning. Good trip.

Nice one dude brah... First PT of the year.


donald949


Jan 2, 2013, 9:47 AM
Post #39729 of 45194 (989 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11393

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
I took wed, thur & fri off to link xmas and new years in to a 9 day holiday. I had hoped to get some climbing done. It is raining pretty much every other day on the entire EC. Blah.
Sounds familiar. Actually I'm "working" today. But off until the 2nd. And unfortunately, its raining here everyover day too. Although with a little luck we'll get some gym sesh in, in the next couple of daze.

Headed to the gym tonight. I'm going climbing this weekend regardless. Even if I have to fly solo.
In any case, looks like I'm good with lights now. Crazy


donald949


Jan 2, 2013, 9:52 AM
Post #39730 of 45194 (985 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11393

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
I took wed, thur & fri off to link xmas and new years in to a 9 day holiday. I had hoped to get some climbing done. It is raining pretty much every other day on the entire EC. Blah.
Sounds familiar. Actually I'm "working" today. But off until the 2nd. And unfortunately, its raining here everyover day too. Although with a little luck we'll get some gym sesh in, in the next couple of daze.

Headed to the gym tonight. I'm going climbing this weekend regardless. Even if I have to fly solo.
In any case, looks like I'm good with lights now. Crazy
Well that wuz knot the post I wanted to reply to. I'll blame the new W7 computer here at werk. Cause it couldn't be operator error.
Unsure


donald949


Jan 2, 2013, 9:55 AM
Post #39731 of 45194 (981 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11393

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gym sesh went well. RPed an .11 second try and only has a little pain at the end of the night.

Going to Rumbling Bald this weekend. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Oh how far you can fall in a few short looooooooonnngggg weeks
Fulled a few V0+'s and a soft V1. Buut mostly just did the VB's.
But still my shoulders were sore. Abs still sore, althought the metal work I did over the new year prolly contributed to that.


donald949


Jan 2, 2013, 9:57 AM
Post #39732 of 45194 (978 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11393

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gym sesh went well. RPed an .11 second try and only has a little pain at the end of the night.

Going to Rumbling Bald this weekend. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Oh how far you can fall in a few short looooooooonnngggg weeks
Fulled a few V0+'s and a soft V1. Buut mostly just did the VB's.
But still my shoulders were sore. Abs still sore, althought the metal work I did over the new year prolly contributed to that.
But I hear ya.
Back in the summer, we did 10 longer roots at the other gym, with out much difficulty. Now the short bouldering routes are kicking me but.


donald949


Jan 2, 2013, 10:02 AM
Post #39733 of 45194 (976 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11393

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gym sesh went well. RPed an .11 second try and only has a little pain at the end of the night.

Going to Rumbling Bald this weekend. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Oh how far you can fall in a few short looooooooonnngggg weeks
Fulled a few V0+'s and a soft V1. Buut mostly just did the VB's.
But still my shoulders were sore. Abs still sore, althought the metal work I did over the new year prolly contributed to that.
But I hear ya.
Back in the summer, we did 10 longer roots at the other gym, with out much difficulty. Now the short bouldering routes are kicking me but.
which leaves me in a pickel. Do I get a punch card for the new bouldering gym, 2 miles from home. After Fri, I was inclined to do so. And hit it once a week. Even though most of the roots are way out of my leauge. Or do I start pushing for the TR gym another 15 miles up the road? Where I'll need to talk someone into joining me as a partner.
ah, such problems...


donald949


Jan 2, 2013, 10:03 AM
Post #39734 of 45194 (973 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11393

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Just got back from two days at Rumbling Bald. It would appear that I can still three hang .10c and boulder V2 with the sketchiest of them.

My partners were on a tear and pretty much crushed everything in sight. She snagged her first V4 and he ticked off multiple V7's and an impressive flash of a .12a gear line.

Weather was pretty cherry. Cold at night but plenty warm by midmorning. Good trip.

Nice one dude brah... First PT of the year.
actually, lasrt pt of the year.
On the west coast.


erisspirit


Jan 2, 2013, 3:24 PM
Post #39735 of 45194 (959 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2004
Posts: 3766

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

back to the real world!

spent time with family, got older, went to Mammoth, went skiing, and boarding, and acquired a rockin bruise from a buddy running me over when I crashed boarding.


Attachments: 190601_10151369775791068_1068532290_n.jpg (52.3 KB)


Kartessa


Jan 2, 2013, 5:53 PM
Post #39736 of 45194 (955 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
back to the real world!

spent time with family, got older, went to Mammoth, went skiing, and boarding, and acquired a rockin bruise from a buddy running me over when I crashed boarding.

Damn! That's nasty!


Partner epoch
Moderator

Jan 2, 2013, 6:20 PM
Post #39737 of 45194 (952 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32080

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
back to the real world!

spent time with family, got older, went to Mammoth, went skiing, and boarding, and acquired a rockin bruise from a buddy running me over when I crashed boarding.


hahahaha

Ow!!!!


Partner epoch
Moderator

Jan 2, 2013, 6:25 PM
Post #39738 of 45194 (951 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32080

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I made it through my road trip.


Tahoe
Alta
Ouray
Mesa Verde National Park
Grand Canyon

Skizering for the first two destinations. Powder, powder, powder.
It's too bad they only let skizers into Alta. But nobody cares that I skied Alta...

Ouray

Ouray is fucking bad. ass. Yes. Yes.

Mesa Verde and the Grand Canyon were all about playing tourist. Did a hike at the grand and had a -13 wakeup (that's -25 for you C folks) both days.

Alas, I'm not back at home... yippie.


donald949


Jan 3, 2013, 8:52 AM
Post #39739 of 45194 (941 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11393

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
back to the real world!

spent time with family, got older, went to Mammoth, went skiing, and boarding, and acquired a rockin bruise from a buddy running me over when I crashed boarding.

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully, it is only superficial over a large area.
Crazy Get better soon.
Were you able to continue boarding?


donald949


Jan 3, 2013, 8:57 AM
Post #39740 of 45194 (937 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11393

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
I made it through my road trip.


Tahoe
Alta
Ouray
Mesa Verde National Park
Grand Canyon

Skizering for the first two destinations. Powder, powder, powder.
It's too bad they only let skizers into Alta. But nobody cares that I skied Alta...

Ouray

Ouray is fucking bad. ass. Yes. Yes.

Mesa Verde and the Grand Canyon were all about playing tourist. Did a hike at the grand and had a -13 wakeup (that's -25 for you C folks) both days.

Alas, I'm not back at home... yippie.
Eye carez. Alta iz nice. been a while but I almost lost a ski in sum powder thar once. Took us a half an hour 2 find. Buddy dug it up, I bought his beer at lunch.
Oury got th eice park awl going?


erisspirit


Jan 3, 2013, 9:02 AM
Post #39741 of 45194 (932 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2004
Posts: 3766

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
back to the real world!

spent time with family, got older, went to Mammoth, went skiing, and boarding, and acquired a rockin bruise from a buddy running me over when I crashed boarding.

[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=6479[/image]
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully, it is only superficial over a large area.
Crazy Get better soon.
Were you able to continue boarding?

luckily that was on the last run of the day, and we had a rest/snowshoe day lined up the day after. I finished out the trip on skis


donald949


Jan 4, 2013, 12:41 PM
Post #39742 of 45194 (922 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11393

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
donald949 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
back to the real world!

spent time with family, got older, went to Mammoth, went skiing, and boarding, and acquired a rockin bruise from a buddy running me over when I crashed boarding.

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully, it is only superficial over a large area.
Crazy Get better soon.
Were you able to continue boarding?

luckily that was on the last run of the day, and we had a rest/snowshoe day lined up the day after. I finished out the trip on skis
So to rest, you went snow shoeing. Isn't that hard on the quads too. Skiing 2 4 that matter.


donald949


Jan 4, 2013, 12:42 PM
Post #39743 of 45194 (918 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11393

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ah, kids these daze. Crazy


donald949


Jan 4, 2013, 12:45 PM
Post #39744 of 45194 (914 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11393

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In other knews. I got nothing this weekend.
One buddy has tweaked back, lifting his bAby carrier. Unsure
another has tweaked ankle, in a boot. from a mud run this summer, the climbing prolly not helping. another in HI, another Vegas.


donald949


Jan 4, 2013, 12:48 PM
Post #39745 of 45194 (911 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11393

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
In other knews. I got nothing this weekend.
One buddy has tweaked back, lifting his bAby carrier. Unsure
another has tweaked ankle, in a boot. from a mud run this summer, the climbing prolly not helping. another in HI, another Vegas.
Got a project to do though. got a plate of metal, that I'm cutting up into a number of things. INcluding a couple ice axes. Its been a 2-3 year project. but made good progress last weekend. going to hit it Sat.


Partner epoch
Moderator

Jan 4, 2013, 1:32 PM
Post #39746 of 45194 (904 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32080

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
epoch wrote:
I made it through my road trip.


Tahoe
Alta
Ouray
Mesa Verde National Park
Grand Canyon

Skizering for the first two destinations. Powder, powder, powder.
It's too bad they only let skizers into Alta. But nobody cares that I skied Alta...

Ouray

Ouray is fucking bad. ass. Yes. Yes.

Mesa Verde and the Grand Canyon were all about playing tourist. Did a hike at the grand and had a -13 wakeup (that's -25 for you C folks) both days.

Alas, I'm not back at home... yippie.
Eye carez. Alta iz nice. been a while but I almost lost a ski in sum powder thar once. Took us a half an hour 2 find. Buddy dug it up, I bought his beer at lunch.
Oury got th eice park awl going?

I was proactive and put my powder retrieval devices on my skis at Alta. I knew better. Though I didn't fall at all. But I have done the powder swim to look for skis too many times. I have a bright orange flag I attach to my bindings now for powder.


Ouray is in for the season and they are farming some new stuff to be open for the ice fest. The comp route looks bad-ass and the place is a playground of sorts. Don't have to do much other than set up shop and move 5 feet uphill all day.


notapplicable


Jan 5, 2013, 9:35 AM
Post #39747 of 45194 (865 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Going to do some sport wanking tomorrow. Should be nice and cold and partners should suffer tremendously, which will greatly enhance my enjoyment of the experience.


notapplicable


Jan 5, 2013, 9:36 AM
Post #39748 of 45194 (863 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gym sesh went well. RPed an .11 second try and only has a little pain at the end of the night.

Going to Rumbling Bald this weekend. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Oh how far you can fall in a few short looooooooonnngggg weeks
Fulled a few V0+'s and a soft V1. Buut mostly just did the VB's.
But still my shoulders were sore. Abs still sore, althought the metal work I did over the new year prolly contributed to that.
But I hear ya.
Back in the summer, we did 10 longer roots at the other gym, with out much difficulty. Now the short bouldering routes are kicking me but.

Short boulder problems kick my butt regardless of how many routes I can do in a day. Bouldering is hard.


notapplicable


Jan 5, 2013, 9:42 AM
Post #39749 of 45194 (859 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gym sesh went well. RPed an .11 second try and only has a little pain at the end of the night.

Going to Rumbling Bald this weekend. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Oh how far you can fall in a few short looooooooonnngggg weeks
Fulled a few V0+'s and a soft V1. Buut mostly just did the VB's.
But still my shoulders were sore. Abs still sore, althought the metal work I did over the new year prolly contributed to that.
But I hear ya.
Back in the summer, we did 10 longer roots at the other gym, with out much difficulty. Now the short bouldering routes are kicking me but.
which leaves me in a pickel. Do I get a punch card for the new bouldering gym, 2 miles from home. After Fri, I was inclined to do so. And hit it once a week. Even though most of the roots are way out of my leauge. Or do I start pushing for the TR gym another 15 miles up the road? Where I'll need to talk someone into joining me as a partner.
ah, such problems...

Hmmm, yes, a classic quandary.

When I find myself at the gym alone, or in a three person group, I usually look for another trio and make the one whos not doing anything at the moment climb with me. Sometimes they are a bit reluctant but they always cave if you just stand there and stare at them with an expectant look on your face. Works everytime.


notapplicable


Jan 5, 2013, 9:46 AM
Post #39750 of 45194 (857 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
back to the real world!

spent time with family, got older, went to Mammoth, went skiing, and boarding, and acquired a rockin bruise from a buddy running me over when I crashed boarding.

Oh Sweet Jesus!

I haven't had a bruise that big since I fell out of a tree as a wee lad.

First page Previous page 1 ... 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 ... 1808 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$49.46 (10% off)
$25.16 (10% off)
$7.16 (10% off)
$8.96 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook