Forums: Climbing Information: General:
How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All


Kartessa


Jan 10, 2013, 1:28 PM
Post #1 of 44 (5846 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (5 ratings)  
Can't Post

Greetings boys and girls,

I just got my first sponsorship deal and thought if any of you had any questions, I'd be happy to help answer them and help out.


BillyCrook


Jan 10, 2013, 1:40 PM
Post #2 of 44 (5806 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 16, 2012
Posts: 25

Re: [Kartessa] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Does it by chance involve pills, routing numbers, or Nigeria?


yodadave


Jan 10, 2013, 1:45 PM
Post #3 of 44 (5792 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 10, 2008
Posts: 510

Re: [Kartessa] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

guessing your climbing profile isn't quite up to date then.


Kartessa


Jan 10, 2013, 1:49 PM
Post #4 of 44 (5786 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [yodadave] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

yodadave wrote:
guessing your climbing profile isn't quite up to date then.

No, it's pretty accurate


sungam


Jan 10, 2013, 2:16 PM
Post #5 of 44 (5760 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26611

Re: [Kartessa] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Someone finally sponsored you? This has been a long time coming. Congradyoolashunz.


jeepnphreak


Jan 10, 2013, 2:33 PM
Post #6 of 44 (5739 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 28, 2008
Posts: 1259

Re: [Kartessa] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well.... how do I make my dreams come true?


Kartessa


Jan 10, 2013, 3:06 PM
Post #7 of 44 (5716 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [jeepnphreak] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

jeepnphreak wrote:
Well.... how do I make my dreams come true?

Depends on what those dreams are...


Kartessa


Jan 10, 2013, 3:11 PM
Post #8 of 44 (5708 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [Kartessa] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
jeepnphreak wrote:
Well.... how do I make my dreams come true?

Depends on what those dreams are...

Do you want to be a pro/sponsored climber like me? Or do you want to be a good climber?


John5


Jan 10, 2013, 3:33 PM
Post #9 of 44 (5684 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 23, 2009
Posts: 80

Re: [Kartessa] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

details...


jeepnphreak


Jan 10, 2013, 3:41 PM
Post #10 of 44 (5679 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 28, 2008
Posts: 1259

Re: [Kartessa] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
jeepnphreak wrote:
Well.... how do I make my dreams come true?

Depends on what those dreams are...

Do you want to be a pro/sponsored climber like me? Or do you want to be a good climber?

Ill take option 1, pro/sponsored climber.


(This post was edited by jeepnphreak on Jan 10, 2013, 3:43 PM)


Kartessa


Jan 10, 2013, 4:41 PM
Post #11 of 44 (5643 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [jeepnphreak] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

jeepnphreak wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
jeepnphreak wrote:
Well.... how do I make my dreams come true?

Depends on what those dreams are...

Do you want to be a pro/sponsored climber like me? Or do you want to be a good climber?

Ill take option 1, pro/sponsored climber.

Lots of hard work, spray and shameless self-promotion

Begging and abandoning any dignity helps too


granite_grrl


Jan 10, 2013, 4:46 PM
Post #12 of 44 (5638 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14838

Re: [Kartessa] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
jeepnphreak wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
jeepnphreak wrote:
Well.... how do I make my dreams come true?

Depends on what those dreams are...

Do you want to be a pro/sponsored climber like me? Or do you want to be a good climber?

Ill take option 1, pro/sponsored climber.

Lots of hard work, spray and shameless self-promotion

Begging and abandoning any dignity helps too

You forgot to add pimping, lots of pimping.


Kartessa


Jan 10, 2013, 4:49 PM
Post #13 of 44 (5630 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [granite_grrl] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
jeepnphreak wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
jeepnphreak wrote:
Well.... how do I make my dreams come true?

Depends on what those dreams are...

Do you want to be a pro/sponsored climber like me? Or do you want to be a good climber?

Ill take option 1, pro/sponsored climber.

Lots of hard work, spray and shameless self-promotion

Begging and abandoning any dignity helps too

You forgot to add pimping, lots of pimping.

I did my own dirty work, thank you.


Kartessa


Jan 10, 2013, 4:51 PM
Post #14 of 44 (5628 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [Kartessa] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

My knees are killing me


Partner happiegrrrl


Jan 10, 2013, 6:21 PM
Post #15 of 44 (5556 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 25, 2004
Posts: 4619

Re: [Kartessa] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
My knees are killing me

From grovely off-widths, right?


Kartessa


Jan 10, 2013, 6:55 PM
Post #16 of 44 (5542 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [happiegrrrl] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
My knees are killing me

From grovely off-widths, right?

ummmm.... sure....


edge


Jan 10, 2013, 7:27 PM
Post #17 of 44 (5525 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9118

Re: [Kartessa] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Greetings boys and girls,

I just got my first sponsorship deal and thought if any of you had any questions, I'd be happy to help answer them and help out.

Does your sponsor provide you with free outerwear?




(This post was edited by edge on Jan 10, 2013, 7:40 PM)


surfstar


Jan 10, 2013, 11:08 PM
Post #18 of 44 (5452 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 30, 2011
Posts: 206

Re: [Kartessa] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (6 ratings)  
Can't Post

Unemployment checks do not equal sponsorship.


Kartessa


Jan 11, 2013, 3:33 AM
Post #19 of 44 (5411 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [surfstar] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

surfstar wrote:
Unemployment checks do not equal sponsorship.

How about a company agreeing to pay comp fees, and a small daily allowance when at comps ?


Kartessa


Jan 11, 2013, 4:21 AM
Post #20 of 44 (5398 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [edge] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Greetings boys and girls,

I just got my first sponsorship deal and thought if any of you had any questions, I'd be happy to help answer them and help out.

Does your sponsor provide you with free outerwear?

[image]http://www.spirithalloween.com/images/spirit/products/interactivezoom/processed/07126352.interactive.a.jpg[/image]

My muscles would never fit into a suit like that... The first time I try to flex or dyno, the whole world would explode.


granite_grrl


Jan 11, 2013, 4:40 AM
Post #21 of 44 (5388 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14838

Re: [Kartessa] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
surfstar wrote:
Unemployment checks do not equal sponsorship.

How about a company agreeing to pay comp fees, and a small daily allowance when at comps ?

Well fuck, that's more than Nathan gets.

Mad


JimTitt


Jan 11, 2013, 5:02 AM
Post #22 of 44 (5377 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 7, 2008
Posts: 981

Re: [Kartessa] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Start a climbing-related business. You can sponsor yourself as much as you like and better still write it all off against tax as product development/market research/testing etc. Itīs considerably better paid than being a pro climber.


Kartessa


Jan 11, 2013, 5:30 AM
Post #23 of 44 (5367 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [granite_grrl] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
surfstar wrote:
Unemployment checks do not equal sponsorship.

How about a company agreeing to pay comp fees, and a small daily allowance when at comps ?

Well fuck, that's more than Nathan gets.

Mad

He should try harder then


lena_chita
Moderator

Jan 11, 2013, 6:56 AM
Post #24 of 44 (5324 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5762

Re: [granite_grrl] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
surfstar wrote:
Unemployment checks do not equal sponsorship.

How about a company agreeing to pay comp fees, and a small daily allowance when at comps ?

Well fuck, that's more than Nathan gets.

Mad


I thought you were his sponsor? So get on with it! He needs you to pay comp fees and small daily allowance on his world travels.


edge


Jan 11, 2013, 7:07 AM
Post #25 of 44 (5309 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9118

Re: [Kartessa] How I became a pro/sponsored climber, and how you can too. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
edge wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Greetings boys and girls,

I just got my first sponsorship deal and thought if any of you had any questions, I'd be happy to help answer them and help out.

Does your sponsor provide you with free outerwear?

[image]http://www.spirithalloween.com/images/spirit/products/interactivezoom/processed/07126352.interactive.a.jpg[/image]

My muscles would never fit into a suit like that... The first time I try to flex or dyno, the whole world would explode.

So you are in product testing and development?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$2.25 (10% off)
$21.56 (10% off)
$3.56 (10% off)
$62.06 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook