Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 ... 1809 Next page Last page  View All


notapplicable


Jan 28, 2013, 12:31 PM
Post #40151 of 45205 (929 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

= PT


notapplicable


Jan 28, 2013, 12:32 PM
Post #40152 of 45205 (927 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have put my gym membership on hold for 4 months. Climbing outside seems to be fine for the arm as long as a stay off the super steep. I am going to just climb outside for a few months, tard mostly, and see what happens with the elbow.


notapplicable


Jan 28, 2013, 12:35 PM
Post #40153 of 45205 (925 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My mission to keep me distracted from the gym and stoooopid sport climbing is to climb every legit sub .12 offwidth within a 6 hour drive. Once that is done, I will consider going back to clipping bolts.


SylviaSmile


Jan 28, 2013, 2:00 PM
Post #40154 of 45205 (918 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I bouldered in the university gym the other day. For fifteen minutes. Well, it's something . . . Blush


Gmburns2000


Jan 28, 2013, 5:17 PM
Post #40155 of 45205 (916 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15176

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
In a somewhat related topic. A couple weeks ago, I wus doing some cutting and drilling on a plate. Making some stuff, rock hounding pick, hacket, and ice axes. Cause homemade is phun. But the next day my back wuz strained. It been getting better, but Sat I put in some weather stripping. Now the back is soar again.
ARE U FRACKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

Old age I tell ya
Yea, it pretty much sucks...

I know... I"m nearing 30
Back is slowly geting better. Down to 600 mg advil twice a day. not in pain any more, but soarness tightness is there. So its going to be a while still. MadMadMad
In other knews, my knee, was tender going up a flight of stairs yesterday. Crazy
MadMadMad
Although that was gone later and today. Unimpressed

Go get a massage. They do wonders for soreness and post injury pain relief. Well worth the money.
Been thinking about that. The pain has moved on from strain pain to tightness. So thats a good sign.
One of the things I keep hearing is the abs need to be strengthened. The Y has a couple machines for working the abs. Need to start hitting the Y for them and just everything in general.

I think the machine for abs suck. Good ol' fashioned crunches seemed to work best for me.


Gmburns2000


Jan 28, 2013, 5:19 PM
Post #40156 of 45205 (914 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15176

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Rude awakening this morning... Apparently it's winter

-20C out here

fucking gorgeous 70F here with a nice breeze out of the south east, partly cloudy with a 30% chance of rain in the afternoon, and a 0% chance I'm wearing socks to the Exxon english evaluations I have to do later.
Well teh winter reigns have returned after taking most of Jan off. Not uncomon.
AS such it was time for the locals to drive like idiots. Cutting in and out of traffic at 70+. Texting while blazing pst me at 70+. pulling in fron of me at 50 while im pushing 65.


my mom was complaining on stalkbook about having to drive to bakersfield in the rain today.

in other news, new englander's continue to forge ahead with the ice on the roads.

Hey!

Stay in your hemisphere! Mad

The truth hurts. Monkey


Gmburns2000


Jan 28, 2013, 5:20 PM
Post #40157 of 45205 (912 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15176

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
I have put my gym membership on hold for 4 months. Climbing outside seems to be fine for the arm as long as a stay off the super steep. I am going to just climb outside for a few months, tard mostly, and see what happens with the elbow.

you're probably the only person in the gym who's suspending his membership for four months now


notapplicable


Jan 28, 2013, 8:23 PM
Post #40158 of 45205 (904 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
I have put my gym membership on hold for 4 months. Climbing outside seems to be fine for the arm as long as a stay off the super steep. I am going to just climb outside for a few months, tard mostly, and see what happens with the elbow.

you're probably the only person in the gym who's suspending his membership for four months now

True. But honestly, I'd rather climb outside in the winter. It's just so hard to find partners that it doesn't happen as often.


notapplicable


Jan 28, 2013, 8:24 PM
Post #40159 of 45205 (902 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
I bouldered in the university gym the other day. For fifteen minutes. Well, it's something . . . Blush

Sammy. You are letting Colorado go to waste. All of it. Mad


notapplicable


Jan 28, 2013, 8:28 PM
Post #40160 of 45205 (895 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
I bouldered in the university gym the other day. For fifteen minutes. Well, it's something . . . Blush

Sammy. You are letting Colorado go to waste. All of it. Mad

And before you start crying about it being cold outside, see post 40158 and realize that you will receive no sympathy from me.


SylviaSmile


Jan 28, 2013, 8:28 PM
Post #40161 of 45205 (893 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
I bouldered in the university gym the other day. For fifteen minutes. Well, it's something . . . Blush

Sammy. You are letting Colorado go to waste. All of it. Mad

It's really bad, I know, but the quarter is in full swing so I really have no time for climbing trips. Unsure I will fully admit that I squandered the interterm; however, I am not planning ANYTHING for summer, so hopefully I can get out then.


SylviaSmile


Jan 28, 2013, 8:29 PM
Post #40162 of 45205 (890 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
I bouldered in the university gym the other day. For fifteen minutes. Well, it's something . . . Blush

Sammy. You are letting Colorado go to waste. All of it. Mad

And before you start crying about it being cold outside, see post 40158 and realize that you will receive no sympathy from me.

It's really not cold, anyway: today it was 60!

. . . granted, it was 60 at 11:30 a.m. and started snowing by 4 p.m., but still. Smile


SylviaSmile


Jan 28, 2013, 8:33 PM
Post #40163 of 45205 (886 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In other, happier, news, I think I might actually have a dance partner! Story still developing . . .


SylviaSmile


Jan 28, 2013, 8:34 PM
Post #40164 of 45205 (884 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

And no, before you ask, it is not pinky Tongue


notapplicable


Jan 28, 2013, 8:35 PM
Post #40165 of 45205 (882 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
I bouldered in the university gym the other day. For fifteen minutes. Well, it's something . . . Blush

Sammy. You are letting Colorado go to waste. All of it. Mad

It's really bad, I know, but the quarter is in full swing so I really have no time for climbing trips. Unsure I will fully admit that I squandered the interterm; however, I am not planning ANYTHING for summer, so hopefully I can get out then.

Thing is, you don't have to take "trips" anymore. You just have to drive 20 minutes out of the city and you can clip bolts at Golden; a perfect winter crag.


notapplicable


Jan 28, 2013, 8:35 PM
Post #40166 of 45205 (878 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
And no, before you ask, it is not pinky Tongue

HA!


SylviaSmile


Jan 28, 2013, 8:36 PM
Post #40167 of 45205 (876 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
I bouldered in the university gym the other day. For fifteen minutes. Well, it's something . . . Blush

Sammy. You are letting Colorado go to waste. All of it. Mad

It's really bad, I know, but the quarter is in full swing so I really have no time for climbing trips. Unsure I will fully admit that I squandered the interterm; however, I am not planning ANYTHING for summer, so hopefully I can get out then.

Thing is, you don't have to take "trips" anymore. You just have to drive 20 minutes out of the city and you can clip bolts at Golden; a perfect winter crag.

You're right, but I still have to have daylight to do it in.


SylviaSmile


Jan 28, 2013, 8:38 PM
Post #40168 of 45205 (873 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

But I will make a better effort. I've been concentrating on trying to use up my ski pass to Copper in my spare Saturdays, when I don't have tons of homework to do, which is not often. Angelic


SylviaSmile


Jan 28, 2013, 8:42 PM
Post #40169 of 45205 (872 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I can't get that Lumineers' "Ho Hey" song out of my head! I love that song . . .


SylviaSmile


Jan 28, 2013, 10:15 PM
Post #40170 of 45205 (863 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Seriously, for three plus hours: I belong to you, you belong to me, you're my sweetheart . . .


notapplicable


Jan 28, 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #40171 of 45205 (860 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
I can't get that Lumineers' "Ho Hey" song out of my head! I love that song . . .

Not the same song but I love this performance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnTxjfVZlPs


SylviaSmile


Jan 28, 2013, 10:41 PM
Post #40172 of 45205 (852 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
I can't get that Lumineers' "Ho Hey" song out of my head! I love that song . . .

Not the same song but I love this performance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnTxjfVZlPs

Thanks, but I'm in the library!


notapplicable


Jan 28, 2013, 10:41 PM
Post #40173 of 45205 (850 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
But I will make a better effort. I've been concentrating on trying to use up my ski pass to Copper in my spare Saturdays, when I don't have tons of homework to do, which is not often. Angelic

The rational part of my brain knows your priorities are the correct ones, that doesn't mean I have to like them.


SylviaSmile


Jan 28, 2013, 10:41 PM
Post #40174 of 45205 (848 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll listen to it when I get home, if I am not too tired to remember.


SylviaSmile


Jan 28, 2013, 10:45 PM
Post #40175 of 45205 (847 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
But I will make a better effort. I've been concentrating on trying to use up my ski pass to Copper in my spare Saturdays, when I don't have tons of homework to do, which is not often. Angelic

The rational part of my brain knows your priorities are the correct ones, that doesn't mean I have to like them.

I don't know, maybe I should quit and be a climbing bum Cool

First page Previous page 1 ... 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 ... 1809 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$26.96 (10% off)
$6.84 (10% off)
$13.46 (10% off)
$7.65 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook