Forums: Community: The Soap Box:
Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Soap Box

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All


Kartessa


Feb 20, 2013, 11:08 AM
Post #26 of 76 (1840 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [DougMartin] Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

DougMartin wrote:
curt wrote:
USnavy wrote:
Like normal, I got a pay raise starting Jan 1 to account for increased inflation. However, this year is a bit different because the feds also increased the FICA tax rate by 2%...

Gotta love how some folks call the expiration of a temporary tax cut a tax hike. Cool

Curt

Why is everyone on this guys ass? Everyone should get a pay raise every year! Merit based or inflation based who cares but everyone should get an increase, it is a shame we don't!

I had my pay frozen two years ago! It sucks and it is not going to get better anytime soon! So my take home pay went down in direct proportion to the increase or reinstatement of suspended tax, which every way you want to say it, they both mean the same damn thing!

This has happened to everyone not just USNavy! Why not bitch with him instead of about him, or you could simply state that your alright with a tax increase. I personally am fine with it as long as it is balanced with spending cuts!! No need to attack a guy because he is bitching about something that is happening to everyone!

Gimme a break.


dr_feelgood


Feb 20, 2013, 11:14 AM
Post #27 of 76 (1837 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25626

Re: [Kartessa] Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
DougMartin wrote:
curt wrote:
USnavy wrote:
Like normal, I got a pay raise starting Jan 1 to account for increased inflation. However, this year is a bit different because the feds also increased the FICA tax rate by 2%...

Gotta love how some folks call the expiration of a temporary tax cut a tax hike. Cool

Curt

Why is everyone on this guys ass? Everyone should get a pay raise every year! Merit based or inflation based who cares but everyone should get an increase, it is a shame we don't!

I had my pay frozen two years ago! It sucks and it is not going to get better anytime soon! So my take home pay went down in direct proportion to the increase or reinstatement of suspended tax, which every way you want to say it, they both mean the same damn thing!

This has happened to everyone not just USNavy! Why not bitch with him instead of about him, or you could simply state that your alright with a tax increase. I personally am fine with it as long as it is balanced with spending cuts!! No need to attack a guy because he is bitching about something that is happening to everyone!

Gimme a break.
If it wasn't for George W. Bush's heroic and noble tax cuts for the wealthy and USnavy's reenlistment, we would all be forced to perform fellatio on Osama Bin Laden. Just remember that, the next time someone tells you that a progressive income tax is beneficial.


chadnsc


Feb 20, 2013, 12:15 PM
Post #28 of 76 (1822 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 24, 2003
Posts: 4449

Re: [DougMartin] Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

DougMartin wrote:
curt wrote:
USnavy wrote:
Like normal, I got a pay raise starting Jan 1 to account for increased inflation. However, this year is a bit different because the feds also increased the FICA tax rate by 2%...

Gotta love how some folks call the expiration of a temporary tax cut a tax hike. Cool

Curt

Why is everyone on this guys ass? Everyone should get a pay raise every year! Merit based or inflation based who cares but everyone should get an increase, it is a shame we don't!

That's a market based economy for you. If employers don't have to give you a raise they won't.

Actually in regards to inflation the average U.S. worker hasn't had a pay raise in in 20 years or so.

DougMartin wrote:
I had my pay frozen two years ago! It sucks and it is not going to get better anytime soon! So my take home pay went down in direct proportion to the increase or reinstatement of suspended tax, which every way you want to say it, they both mean the same damn thing!

Could be worse, my pay was frozen at $0.00 for the past five months so quite yer bitchin'

DougMartin wrote:
This has happened to everyone not just USNavy! Why not bitch with him instead of about him, or you could simply state that your alright with a tax increase. I personally am fine with it as long as it is balanced with spending cuts!! No need to attack a guy because he is bitching about something that is happening to everyone!

No one is attacking him because of that, it's because of his 'I'm a navy welder, I get shot at, I keep you all safe, without me Binladen would have killed you, worship my ass and pay me more' response that upset many.

Anymore questions? Tongue


(This post was edited by chadnsc on Feb 20, 2013, 2:16 PM)


Kartessa


Feb 20, 2013, 12:44 PM
Post #29 of 76 (1814 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [chadnsc] Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
No one is attacking him because of that, it's because of his 'I'm a navy welder, I get shot at, I keep you all safe, without me Binladen would have killed you, worship my ass and pay me more' response that upset many.

He only brags when he's off... otherwise, there's the whine of "they might send me to war and I'm too pretty to weld in a desert shit hole"


Kartessa


Feb 20, 2013, 12:45 PM
Post #30 of 76 (1812 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [dr_feelgood] Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
DougMartin wrote:
curt wrote:
USnavy wrote:
Like normal, I got a pay raise starting Jan 1 to account for increased inflation. However, this year is a bit different because the feds also increased the FICA tax rate by 2%...

Gotta love how some folks call the expiration of a temporary tax cut a tax hike. Cool

Curt

Why is everyone on this guys ass? Everyone should get a pay raise every year! Merit based or inflation based who cares but everyone should get an increase, it is a shame we don't!

I had my pay frozen two years ago! It sucks and it is not going to get better anytime soon! So my take home pay went down in direct proportion to the increase or reinstatement of suspended tax, which every way you want to say it, they both mean the same damn thing!

This has happened to everyone not just USNavy! Why not bitch with him instead of about him, or you could simply state that your alright with a tax increase. I personally am fine with it as long as it is balanced with spending cuts!! No need to attack a guy because he is bitching about something that is happening to everyone!

Gimme a break.
If it wasn't for George W. Bush's heroic and noble tax cuts for the wealthy and USnavy's reenlistment, we would all be forced to perform fellatio on Osama Bin Laden. Just remember that, the next time someone tells you that a progressive income tax is beneficial.

Because Bush's dick tastes so much better


lena_chita
Moderator

Feb 20, 2013, 1:02 PM
Post #31 of 76 (1808 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5460

Re: [DougMartin] Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

DougMartin wrote:
curt wrote:
USnavy wrote:
Like normal, I got a pay raise starting Jan 1 to account for increased inflation. However, this year is a bit different because the feds also increased the FICA tax rate by 2%...

Gotta love how some folks call the expiration of a temporary tax cut a tax hike. Cool

Curt

Why is everyone on this guys ass? Everyone should get a pay raise every year! Merit based or inflation based who cares but everyone should get an increase, it is a shame we don't!

Why everyone SHOULD? What is the free market justification of why everyone should get a pay increase? If I take that attitude, then no one should EVER get fired either! Because it is unfair, right?


DougMartin wrote:
I had my pay frozen two years ago! It sucks and it is not going to get better anytime soon!
...
This has happened to everyone not just USNavy! Why not bitch with him instead of about him,

Yeah, well, that sucks. And a lot of people are in the same boat.

But USnavy isn't. He is getting an automatic increase every January, "like he should". Yet he is the one complaining that reinstated tax wiped out his increase...

Very understandably, people who didn't get any 'automatic" increase,this year, or maybe for a few years, and who are taking home reduced pay, are not feeling particularly sympathetic to his whine.


DougMartin wrote:
... or you could simply state that your alright with a tax increase. I personally am fine with it as long as it is balanced with spending cuts!! No need to attack a guy because he is bitching about something that is happening to everyone!

I think bitching AT USnavy only started when people pointed out to him that he is in a better position than most, and instead of understanding it, he made the "I am the only thing that protects you from Bin Laden's dick" tirade.


lena_chita
Moderator

Feb 20, 2013, 1:02 PM
Post #32 of 76 (1807 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5460

Re: [Kartessa] Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
DougMartin wrote:
curt wrote:
USnavy wrote:
Like normal, I got a pay raise starting Jan 1 to account for increased inflation. However, this year is a bit different because the feds also increased the FICA tax rate by 2%...

Gotta love how some folks call the expiration of a temporary tax cut a tax hike. Cool

Curt

Why is everyone on this guys ass? Everyone should get a pay raise every year! Merit based or inflation based who cares but everyone should get an increase, it is a shame we don't!

I had my pay frozen two years ago! It sucks and it is not going to get better anytime soon! So my take home pay went down in direct proportion to the increase or reinstatement of suspended tax, which every way you want to say it, they both mean the same damn thing!

This has happened to everyone not just USNavy! Why not bitch with him instead of about him, or you could simply state that your alright with a tax increase. I personally am fine with it as long as it is balanced with spending cuts!! No need to attack a guy because he is bitching about something that is happening to everyone!

Gimme a break.
If it wasn't for George W. Bush's heroic and noble tax cuts for the wealthy and USnavy's reenlistment, we would all be forced to perform fellatio on Osama Bin Laden. Just remember that, the next time someone tells you that a progressive income tax is beneficial.

Because Bush's dick tastes so much better

You just made me throw up a little!


Kartessa


Feb 20, 2013, 1:42 PM
Post #33 of 76 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [lena_chita] Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
DougMartin wrote:
curt wrote:
USnavy wrote:
Like normal, I got a pay raise starting Jan 1 to account for increased inflation. However, this year is a bit different because the feds also increased the FICA tax rate by 2%...

Gotta love how some folks call the expiration of a temporary tax cut a tax hike. Cool

Curt

Why is everyone on this guys ass? Everyone should get a pay raise every year! Merit based or inflation based who cares but everyone should get an increase, it is a shame we don't!

I had my pay frozen two years ago! It sucks and it is not going to get better anytime soon! So my take home pay went down in direct proportion to the increase or reinstatement of suspended tax, which every way you want to say it, they both mean the same damn thing!

This has happened to everyone not just USNavy! Why not bitch with him instead of about him, or you could simply state that your alright with a tax increase. I personally am fine with it as long as it is balanced with spending cuts!! No need to attack a guy because he is bitching about something that is happening to everyone!

Gimme a break.
If it wasn't for George W. Bush's heroic and noble tax cuts for the wealthy and USnavy's reenlistment, we would all be forced to perform fellatio on Osama Bin Laden. Just remember that, the next time someone tells you that a progressive income tax is beneficial.

Because Bush's dick tastes so much better

You just made me throw up a little!

What can I say? I try Cool


rmsusa


Feb 21, 2013, 12:14 PM
Post #34 of 76 (1747 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2004
Posts: 1017

Re: [chadnsc] Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Actually in regards to inflation the average U.S. worker hasn't had a pay raise in in 20 years or so.

Have to be a little careful with that. Anybody who was working 20 years ago is making way more money now than then, even taking inflation into account.

If you were a carpenter back then and still in the very same job today without any increase in technical skill level or productivity or supervisory skills, you probably haven't gotten a raise. I suspect that there are very few people in that kind of position.

An entry level worker back then made about the same money as an entry level worker now, same with mid-career people, etc. However, a comparison living standards 20 years ago with what we've got now (improvement in goods and services at the same level) might make one think about the situation as a pay raise. YMMV.

The very top-top makes way more due to (probably among other things) increased return to intellectual and social capital. See sports, movies, music, books, star software engineers, fortune 500 CEO's etc.


guangzhou


Feb 22, 2013, 5:09 AM
Post #35 of 76 (1717 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2004
Posts: 3388

Re:Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You just made me throw up a little!

Gag reflex.

As to why people are all over USnaive, will he's was just recently telling everyone here how he had the greatest job in the with perfect medical coverage. He also went on about how he works only six months out of the year and he had the best job in the world.

As a prior service member, and someone who has lots of friends in Afghanistan who agree, a soldier's job is to go to war. A first timer in the service may not realize what they are getting themselves into. Someone like USNaive who has decided to reenlist knows what the job is.

Not getting a pay raise suck, a lot of American's who had jobs don't.

USnaive aslo has a history fo coming here with a load of !@@#$% as fact that he can't back-up.
,


Kartessa


Feb 22, 2013, 5:17 AM
Post #36 of 76 (1716 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [guangzhou] Re:Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you really have a problem with what the US military pays, you could always defect to the north. Canada has one of the best paid militarized in the world.

Back when I was in, Canada was second only to Australia.


camhead


Feb 22, 2013, 6:02 AM
Post #37 of 76 (1713 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20656

Re: [Kartessa] Re:Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
If you really have a problem with what the US military pays, you could always defect to the north. Canada has one of the best paid militarized in the world.

Back when I was in, Canada was second only to Australia.

That' because you guys are being paid to spread worldwide socialism. Commie!


Kartessa


Feb 22, 2013, 6:17 AM
Post #38 of 76 (1712 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [camhead] Re:Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
If you really have a problem with what the US military pays, you could always defect to the north. Canada has one of the best paid militarized in the world.

Back when I was in, Canada was second only to Australia.

That' because you guys are being paid to spread worldwide socialism. Commie!

"Have you heard the Good News?"


guangzhou


Feb 22, 2013, 6:29 PM
Post #39 of 76 (1666 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 26, 2004
Posts: 3388

Re: [camhead] Re:Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
If you really have a problem with what the US military pays, you could always defect to the north. Canada has one of the best paid militarized in the world.

Back when I was in, Canada was second only to Australia.

That' because you guys are being paid to spread worldwide socialism. Commie!

Plenty of people in America looking to becoming Socialist. Look at who just got reelected if you don't believe me.


curt


Feb 22, 2013, 9:25 PM
Post #40 of 76 (1658 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 26, 2002
Posts: 18226

Re: [guangzhou] Re:Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

guangzhou wrote:
camhead wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
If you really have a problem with what the US military pays, you could always defect to the north. Canada has one of the best paid militarized in the world.

Back when I was in, Canada was second only to Australia.

That' because you guys are being paid to spread worldwide socialism. Commie!

Plenty of people in America looking to becoming Socialist. Look at who just got reelected if you don't believe me.

Yes. In spite of much contrary evidence, it does appear that the majority of people here are rational.

Curt


notapplicable


Feb 22, 2013, 9:49 PM
Post #41 of 76 (1653 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17752

Re: [curt] Re:Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
guangzhou wrote:
camhead wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
If you really have a problem with what the US military pays, you could always defect to the north. Canada has one of the best paid militarized in the world.

Back when I was in, Canada was second only to Australia.

That' because you guys are being paid to spread worldwide socialism. Commie!

Plenty of people in America looking to becoming Socialist. Look at who just got reelected if you don't believe me.

Yes. In spite of much contrary evidence, it does appear that the majority of people here are rational.

Curt

Why do you hate America?


Partner macherry


Feb 23, 2013, 3:38 PM
Post #42 of 76 (1629 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15774

Re: [guangzhou] Re:Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

guangzhou wrote:
camhead wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
If you really have a problem with what the US military pays, you could always defect to the north. Canada has one of the best paid militarized in the world.

Back when I was in, Canada was second only to Australia.

That' because you guys are being paid to spread worldwide socialism. Commie!

Plenty of people in America looking to becoming Socialist. Look at who just got reelected if you don't believe me.

sorry to burst your bubble, but it isn't socialism. far from it.


Kartessa


Feb 23, 2013, 5:17 PM
Post #43 of 76 (1619 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [macherry] Re:Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
guangzhou wrote:
camhead wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
If you really have a problem with what the US military pays, you could always defect to the north. Canada has one of the best paid militarized in the world.

Back when I was in, Canada was second only to Australia.

That' because you guys are being paid to spread worldwide socialism. Commie!

Plenty of people in America looking to becoming Socialist. Look at who just got reelected if you don't believe me.

sorry to burst your bubble, but it isn't socialism. far from it.

Let them think that... I can't wait to see their faces when the reality sinks in


USnavy


Feb 24, 2013, 9:45 PM
Post #44 of 76 (1559 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 5, 2007
Posts: 2648

Re: [guangzhou] Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

guangzhou wrote:
Aren't you a Navy welder? Hardly going to put you in the middle of the fight anyways.
Not even remotely close.

Anyway, this is not really about my tax increase and my own net income. This is about the middle class getting shafted the the rich getting pampered.

Here, let's try this: I have some top-tier AAA rated CDOs for sale. I procreated them from high-end borrowers that are guaranteed to pay their debts. There is virtually no chance they wont pay out. Just ask Goldman-Sachs, and Fitch! But just in case you dont believe that CDOs are sound investments, AIG will offer you insurance to cap your losses in the ultra-unlikely chance you will experience any. Trust in my exceptional judgement on these investments as I personally fought for deregulation of money market savings investment limits and derivative restrictions. Dont worry about my partner's 15:1 leverage ratio, we all know what we are doing. Oh, and I also have solid Internet stocks for sale in case anyone is interested. They are also guaranteed to be solid and there is no chance you would loose $5t on them.

Sound familiar?


(This post was edited by USnavy on Feb 25, 2013, 9:06 PM)


Kartessa


Feb 25, 2013, 7:06 AM
Post #45 of 76 (1537 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [USnavy] Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
guangzhou wrote:
Aren't you a Navy welder? Hardly going to put you in the middle of the fight anyways.
Not even remotely close.

Anyway, this is not really about my tax increase and my own net income. This is about the middle class getting shafted the the rich getting pampered.

Here, lets try this: I have some top-tier AAA rated CDOs for sale. I procreated them from high-end borrowers that are guaranteed to pay their debts. There is virtually no chance they wont pay out. Just ask Goldman-Sachs, and Fitch! But just in case you dont believe that CDOs are sound investments, AIG will offer you insurance to cap your losses in the ultra-unlikely chance you will experience any. Trust in my exceptional judgement on these investments as I personally fought for deregulation of money market savings investment limits and derivative restrictions. Dont worry about my partner's 15:1 leverage ratio, we all know what we are doing. Oh, and I also have solid Internet stocks for sale in case anyone is interested. They are also guaranteed to be solid and there is no chance you would loose $5t on them.

Sound familiar?

Wow... either you're smoking way too many drugs or I'm not smoking enough.


USnavy


Feb 25, 2013, 9:03 PM
Post #46 of 76 (1510 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 5, 2007
Posts: 2648

Re: [Kartessa] Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
USnavy wrote:
guangzhou wrote:
Aren't you a Navy welder? Hardly going to put you in the middle of the fight anyways.
Not even remotely close.

Anyway, this is not really about my tax increase and my own net income. This is about the middle class getting shafted the the rich getting pampered.

Here, lets try this: I have some top-tier AAA rated CDOs for sale. I procreated them from high-end borrowers that are guaranteed to pay their debts. There is virtually no chance they wont pay out. Just ask Goldman-Sachs, and Fitch! But just in case you dont believe that CDOs are sound investments, AIG will offer you insurance to cap your losses in the ultra-unlikely chance you will experience any. Trust in my exceptional judgement on these investments as I personally fought for deregulation of money market savings investment limits and derivative restrictions. Dont worry about my partner's 15:1 leverage ratio, we all know what we are doing. Oh, and I also have solid Internet stocks for sale in case anyone is interested. They are also guaranteed to be solid and there is no chance you would loose $5t on them.

Sound familiar?

Wow... either you're smoking way too many drugs or I'm not smoking enough.
In other words, you have no idea what I am talking about. That is okay. It seems like 90% of the world does not know jack about the economic collapse of 2008, clearly you included. It also seems that most prefer to spend their time on the Internet talking crap about the president instead of educating themselves about why our economy sucks. Go take an economics class little girl.


(This post was edited by USnavy on Feb 25, 2013, 9:09 PM)


Kartessa


Feb 26, 2013, 5:55 AM
Post #47 of 76 (1487 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [USnavy] Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
USnavy wrote:
guangzhou wrote:
Aren't you a Navy welder? Hardly going to put you in the middle of the fight anyways.
Not even remotely close.

Anyway, this is not really about my tax increase and my own net income. This is about the middle class getting shafted the the rich getting pampered.

Here, lets try this: I have some top-tier AAA rated CDOs for sale. I procreated them from high-end borrowers that are guaranteed to pay their debts. There is virtually no chance they wont pay out. Just ask Goldman-Sachs, and Fitch! But just in case you dont believe that CDOs are sound investments, AIG will offer you insurance to cap your losses in the ultra-unlikely chance you will experience any. Trust in my exceptional judgement on these investments as I personally fought for deregulation of money market savings investment limits and derivative restrictions. Dont worry about my partner's 15:1 leverage ratio, we all know what we are doing. Oh, and I also have solid Internet stocks for sale in case anyone is interested. They are also guaranteed to be solid and there is no chance you would loose $5t on them.

Sound familiar?

Wow... either you're smoking way too many drugs or I'm not smoking enough.
In other words, you have no idea what I am talking about. That is okay. It seems like 90% of the world does not know jack about the economic collapse of 2008, clearly you included. It also seems that most prefer to spend their time on the Internet talking crap about the president instead of educating themselves about why our economy sucks. Go take an economics class little girl.

Oh shit... you must have thought I cared...


chadnsc


Feb 26, 2013, 6:27 AM
Post #48 of 76 (1480 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 24, 2003
Posts: 4449

Re: [USnavy] Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
In other words, you have no idea what I am talking about. That is okay. It seems like 90% of the world does not know jack about the economic collapse of 2008, clearly you included. It also seems that most prefer to spend their time on the Internet talking crap about the president instead of educating themselves about why our economy sucks. Go take an economics class little girl.


Nice to see you're back from your time out and have decided to become a better man because of it.


camhead


Feb 26, 2013, 6:40 AM
Post #49 of 76 (1475 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20656

Re: [USnavy] Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
guangzhou wrote:
Aren't you a Navy welder? Hardly going to put you in the middle of the fight anyways.
Not even remotely close.

Anyway, this is not really about my tax increase and my own net income. This is about the middle class getting shafted the the rich getting pampered.

Here, let's try this: I have some top-tier AAA rated CDOs for sale. I procreated them from high-end borrowers that are guaranteed to pay their debts. There is virtually no chance they wont pay out. Just ask Goldman-Sachs, and Fitch! But just in case you dont believe that CDOs are sound investments, AIG will offer you insurance to cap your losses in the ultra-unlikely chance you will experience any. Trust in my exceptional judgement on these investments as I personally fought for deregulation of money market savings investment limits and derivative restrictions. Dont worry about my partner's 15:1 leverage ratio, we all know what we are doing. Oh, and I also have solid Internet stocks for sale in case anyone is interested. They are also guaranteed to be solid and there is no chance you would loose $5t on them.

Sound familiar?

You are a very silly person.


Kartessa


Feb 26, 2013, 7:01 AM
Post #50 of 76 (2182 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [camhead] Think you got a pay raise this year? Think again. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
USnavy wrote:
guangzhou wrote:
Aren't you a Navy welder? Hardly going to put you in the middle of the fight anyways.
Not even remotely close.

Anyway, this is not really about my tax increase and my own net income. This is about the middle class getting shafted the the rich getting pampered.

Here, let's try this: I have some top-tier AAA rated CDOs for sale. I procreated them from high-end borrowers that are guaranteed to pay their debts. There is virtually no chance they wont pay out. Just ask Goldman-Sachs, and Fitch! But just in case you dont believe that CDOs are sound investments, AIG will offer you insurance to cap your losses in the ultra-unlikely chance you will experience any. Trust in my exceptional judgement on these investments as I personally fought for deregulation of money market savings investment limits and derivative restrictions. Dont worry about my partner's 15:1 leverage ratio, we all know what we are doing. Oh, and I also have solid Internet stocks for sale in case anyone is interested. They are also guaranteed to be solid and there is no chance you would loose $5t on them.

Sound familiar?

You are a very silly person.

Uh oh... I'm not the only uneducated dummy on this thread :p

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook