Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
New Routes @ Emerald Bay (Lake Tahoe)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

climberwill

Jun 24, 2002, 2:17 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1278 views)
Shortcut

New Routes @ Emerald Bay (Lake Tahoe)  (North_America: United_States: California: Lake_Tahoe: Emerald_Bay)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

For anyone who doesn't mind and alpine approach for some single pitch climbing.

Ok, if that didn't sell it, I don't blame you. In any case, high above Tahoe and Eagle Lake there are a few new areas and plenty of potential for more (lower down too). The rock is the same high quality as Eagle Lake Cliffs, and the views are gobsmacking.

See areas:
Eagle Buttress (for directions)
Bubinga Boulder
The Fin

If you haven't been to Eagle Lake Cliffs, make the short hike to there first. This wall contains some of the best crack climbs in the Tahoe area. If you have been there and love it, continue another hour up the hill to Eagle Buttress, Bubinga and The Fin.

Hope you have a good time.

climbernate

Apr 7, 2003, 11:31 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1278 views)
Shortcut

hey it's climbernate [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

climberwill,
this is nate toothman, we did some climbing freshman year at CU, I'll be in you area next month and would love to check out some climbs, especially like the great gobsmaker described below

In reply to:
For anyone who doesn't mind and alpine approach for some single pitch climbing.

Ok, if that didn't sell it, I don't blame you. In any case, high above Tahoe and Eagle Lake there are a few new areas and plenty of potential for more (lower down too). The rock is the same high quality as Eagle Lake Cliffs, and the views are gobsmacking.

See areas:

Eagle Buttress (for directions)

Bubinga Boulder

The Fin

If you haven't been to Eagle Lake Cliffs, make the short hike to there first. This wall contains some of the best crack climbs in the Tahoe area. If you have been there and love it, continue another hour up the hill to Eagle Buttress, Bubinga and The Fin.

Hope you have a good time.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook