Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

boardline22

Mar 9, 2005, 9:31 PM
Post #26 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Re: Red Rocks, NV, to Lose Federal Monies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:

yeah and if i could vote i would have voted for bush

Why couldn't you vote? I'm just intrested.

In reply to:
im down on capitol hill all the time talking to politicians and there staffers from both sides of the aisle. im experiencing it all first hand talking to the people that make stuff happen.

Give us some names

cschnur

Mar 9, 2005, 11:11 PM
Post #27 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

who put us in charge of deciding what governments should be allowed to control which countries? by supporting Bush you support the destruction of our natural resources. why don't we close all the parks to look for oil? If bush had his way thats exactly what would happen. And lets log our national forests and other recreation areas. countrycrux, read the news sometime, and check out what bush is doing to the environment. We must keep him from continuing to destroy the natural beauty that is left in our country. logging and drilling for oil does not help to preserve anything. bush is also trying to drive the wildnerness protection act out. thats what happens with republican president and congress. we have no business trying to manage other countries when we can't even manage our own. bring our troops home. but bush started the war so he has keep the shitstorm up! impeach bush and dick for a better america!

josephgdawson

Mar 9, 2005, 11:36 PM
Post #28 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Did you people even read the effects of the act? The part that sticks out to me is:

"In addition, diverting this money may also result in the elimination or cutting back of climbing rangers, park rangers, and key staff within the federal land agencies."

Why in God's name are climbers whining about this? I am willing to bet some of the "members" of this site are not climbers, but political hacks. God forbid there would be less "climbing rangers," park rangers, and key staff. Which of you unthinking liberal fucks think we need more fucking rangers to harass us on "public property? Come on you all, this means there will be less people bugging us. And oh no, trails may not be maintained. Trails get formed by people walking on land just fine. I am all for cutting government expenditures. I do not need them to climb. Do you?

And oh yes, Bush is all for the destrcution of all forests. In fact, Haliburton had a small device implanted in Bush's brain that Dick Cheney can use to control his thoughts. And, since Cheney's thoughts are controlled by the cumulative mental vibrations of the board of directors and stockholders of Haliburton, well, it is a fucking conspiracy against the trees man. I think Bush's oil buddies are in on it too. Hell, I heard that Michael Moore's next fantasy film is exposing that Condi Rice wants to use all rock climbing crags for nuclear testing grounds after Bush has eliminated all of the trees on Federal land..

josephgdawson

Mar 9, 2005, 11:51 PM
Post #29 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The Bush Administration's proposed budget seeks to take away money raised from the sale of southern Nevada federal lands intended to benefit Red Rocks to instead pay off the national deficit.

This is laughable. Skibabe, of great savior of the earth, do you know what the difference between a deficit and debt is? You cannot pay off a deficit. A deficit means you are paying out more money than you are taking in. You can pay off debt, but not a deficit. It does not surprise me that someone who is so stupid she does not know the difference between a deficit and debt is a liberal.

Fuck the Access Fund.

stashyboy

Mar 10, 2005, 12:25 AM
Post #30 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is a climbing thread?! :?
Well anyway, regardless of your politics, it would be nice if we all took a look at reality.....As soon as Bush took office, he immediately repealed several important pieces of environmental legislation that Clinton had gotten thru just before he left. On drilling in Alaska...even if we could get out every last drop (which with current technology is not possible) it would only supply the US at current consumption levels for 5 more years. Is it worth it to destroy one of our last remaining real wilderness areas to put off the enevitable that we need to develop alternate energies right now? This is just one example of the short-sighted thinking that the current administration seems to employ. What would you expect from a Texas oilman anyway?! :P

countrycrux

Mar 10, 2005, 1:15 AM
Post #31 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i couldnt vote because im 17. im not going to tell you the names of the people i work with because that wouldnt prove anything and that could get them into stuff that they dont want or need. its not somthing that isnt spread around in politics. because it could be used against them. im an intern in the area and thats all you need to know
ok cschnur lets take baby steps. first we'll break down the word resource. "resource - An available supply that can be drawn on when needed." ok lets take another step. we use cars, airplanes, trains, etc. we need natural resorces.
Bush isnt destroying the enviorment at all. in virginia alone there are more trees, then during the revolutionary war. but since you are so knowledgable on the matter please enlighten everyone on it. tell actual times when bush was polluting the enviorment. i dont care about dates. just events that have happened. just so i can google them and see if they are true.
the logging in america has nothing to do with bush. bush plays no role in logging. logging is done by private companies its not a federal thing. anyways logging is a great thing. the logging corporation supplys us with houses, "CLIMBING WALLS", buildings, playgrounds, bridges, etc. the logging companys then plant new trees in there place. i dont see trees being ripped out of our national parks, state parks or our national forest anyways.
something thats changing the enviorment is the earth going through a warm up period and your probably a strong believer in "global warming". if you go study the earth and its cycles you would find that there are cool downs and warms ups long before bush was ever around. examples of these are the all of the ice ages when there were cool downs and during the time of the vikings it was much hotter on average than even now. there have been trees found up under snow melt much higher than any trees can go now because there were warmer temps then.
bush hasent ever said lets close up the parks and search for oil. "o no here comes halliburton to search for oil." ha o man thats probably what your thinking. there has never been a time when he wanted to search for oil in the parks and close them up.
so tell me what beautiful areas he is ruining. i would love to know what they are because im just not seeing any of them being destroyed by him. anyways back on the subject of this forum. im with rocknpowda and josephgdawson on this matter. red rocks will still be there and its not going to crumble to nothing. it just means less paid rangers. less federal regulation and more self regulation. you take it in, you take it out, dont leave trash laying around and climb at your own risk. we dont need people telling us what to do on public land.
In reply to:
War is an ugly thing but no the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man that has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
~John Stewart Mill~

cschnur

Mar 10, 2005, 7:02 AM
Post #32 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

countrycrux when you graduate from high school you can come back and talk with the big kids, until then be sure you're home for your curfew

get your facts together before you run your mouth

Bush has reversed several legislations protecting our natural resources

another thing, logging on national forest land is controlled by the federal government, thats why they are called NATIONAL FORESTS!

cschnur

Mar 10, 2005, 6:10 PM
Post #33 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

josephgdawson if you don't support the Access Fund why are a climber? do you support the loss of climbing areas? you are one of the reasons areas get shut down? looking out only for yourself and not trying to preserve the natural beauty for our children and grandchildern. how do you think we get to keep areas open and acquire new areas?
countrycrux i know what a resource is, and that they are there for our use, but there is a difference between using a resource and wastelully depleting a resource, the latter is what the bush administration is doing.

do your research on bush's plans for our national forests and monuments

he want to open Sequia National Monument to logging i suppose that is using our natural resources too? we as climbers and the general public are responsible for maintaining our national lands by following the LNT principles each and every time we enter the wilderness. i climb and hike alot near linville gorge in NC (a protected wilderness area) this is part of the Pisgah National Forest which bush has begun to open up to logging companies. i would hate to plan a visit to one the most scenic and beautiful places, only to see the entire side of the mountain had been clear cut. the logging companies are lining bush's pockets, he's got to get his daddy's money back somehow

find out the facts about our high and mighty leader. Abstinence: NO BUSH, NO DICK

to be president there should be some sort intelligence standard, for instance you IQ should be higher than that of telephone pole

maybe the mess he created will be cleaned up by the time grandkids go to college, until lets worry about our country, we have no business anywhere but at home. we need to learn from the mistakes of the past, every empire has failed, resulting in a complete collapse. we didn't learn much in our 250 years as a country, we have be a world power

this war is all about oil and anyone who believes differently doesn't know anything about politics. oil is money, and money is power and this war is pointless; nothing has been and nothing will be accomplished from it other than spending countless millions every day for our "necessary" as some call it presence. let's end this witch hunt!

and countrycrux another thing: you say the Canadian political system is so bad, how come they never have any of the problems we do, no crime, no wars seems like canada has it figured out

hope you learn alot from the politicians who you won't even reveal names of, you're probably just following what mommy and daddy told you everyone knows that all politicians tell you what you want to hear until they are elected, then they do what they want.

everyone write to their congressman/woman, your senator, and our president

**although writing to george W may not do any good since he doesn't know how to read, and definitely does not know how to run a country, unless it involves running it further into debt** :twisted: :shock:

climbs4fun

Mar 10, 2005, 7:31 PM
Post #34 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

According to local news reports last night, this has been all but killed in congress. Hopefully this really is the case.

mesomorf

Mar 10, 2005, 9:01 PM
Post #35 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Land sale funds not in Bush budget

(I don't know how long this link will last.)

Ensign, a Republican who serves on the Senate budget committee, said he lobbied the committee chairman, U.S. Sen. Judd Gregg, R-N.H., to leave the land sale proposal out of the budget. The plan was also strongly opposed by Reid, the Senate minority leader.

“It’s not on the budget, and it’s not going to be offered,” Ensign said of a proposal to raid Nevada funding that he called “patently unfair.”

“I feel pretty confident we’re going to be victorious,” Ensign said. “We plan on winning this because we think this is Nevada’s money.”

clmbr121

Mar 10, 2005, 9:11 PM
Post #36 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If they're "Conservatives", why don't they ever conserve anything?

no-brakes
Deleted

Mar 11, 2005, 4:18 AM
Post #37 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
terrorist know that if they lose iraq. they lose everything. so there going to be thorwing everything they can at us. so while there are terrorist there wont be peace in iraq.

Just wanted to point out Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, no WMD's were ever found in Iraq, the US war on Iraq was completely unjustified and labeling anyone defending their own country as a 'terrorist' is ignorant. Whether we're for or against the war in Iraq, lets hope we'd all have the balls to defend our own country if we were ever invaded.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article4372.htm

Further, the US has has been bombing countries around the world (which would lead one to believe the US has had a presence in any of the given countries...) for centuries and under every administration - Democrat or Republican. A close friend of mine played a significant role in training US Marines in Iraq as well as helping re-build/re-train the Iraqi military and two major points he made regarded 1) financing the war and 2) attempting to change the political system of a country which has existed for centuries under a dictatorship. Everyone knows the US is spending exorbitant amounts of money on the war, but having someone who has been there, who has spent the money explain exactly how much is spent and what it is spent on was enlightening and frightening. US military spending is almost as much as the entire worlds combined. The fact that our goverment would attempt to use $700 million of Nevadas money when we are spending BILLIONS in/on Iraq is absurd. If the US was serious about making a dent in the national debt, US military spending would be reduced - period.

http://www.globalissues.org/...msTrade/Spending.asp

In reply to:
and cschnur you need to go study a little more. natural resoures are made to be used or are you all about living in tiki shacks. o yeah and your a big hypocrate because you prob have a car which uses gas. hmmm i think thats a natural resource. theres nothing to be offend by what you say because all you did was say f this and f that and didnt state any facts. real smart of you genius.

Study more? 'Hypocrate'? 'Real smart of you genius'? Take your own advice, CountryCrux, you have just about the worst spelling and grammar I've seen and no matter what content you attempt to present, you come off as completely uneducated.

reno

Mar 11, 2005, 4:26 AM
Post #38 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
everyone write to their congressman/woman, your senator, and our president

**although writing to george W may not do any good since he doesn't know how to read...

GWB, illeterate? Et tu?

Can we get this thread back to the topic of Red Rock Canyon, conservation of the area, and future land use plans? If you want to bash politicians, go do it in Community.

hardcoreclimber

Mar 14, 2005, 6:32 AM
Post #39 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No- Brakes ur a idiot, u and ur friend cschnur got schooled by a 17 year old. how do u feel about that dumbass.

its pretty sad when all u can say is.....
"CountryCrux, you have just about the worst spelling and grammar I've seen and no matter what content you attempt to present, you come off as completely uneducated."

"...and countrycrux another thing: you say the Canadian political system is so bad, how come they never have any of the problems we do, no crime, no wars seems like canada has it figured out "

ok wow u havent been to canada all that much, and u live in la la land if u think that canada has it all figured out cause they have no crime, no wars. u obviously have had no real first hand experiences with socialized medicine, do u now. On top of that NO CRIME ARE U RETARTED! were there are people, there will always be crime. beat that shit through ur thick ass skull.goodness

and yes that is my brother that got u, and yes i am in the US airforce fighting for ur dumb ass. it honestly makes me sick to know that there are people like u guys out there; and that i and all my other brothers in arms fight for u. honestly i would love to see yall on the front lines; and say the shit that u are saying now, ur minds just might be up for change..... Iraq wasnt involved in the attack on 9/11, do u have no idea about the ties that saddam had with the bin laden. get ur head out of ur ass seriously.

I will seriously laugh at ur ass if all u can say about me is "u cant spell, and ur gramer sucks" well shit at least i dont suck at life like u do. u should go hide in ur little caves or go up in some trees and smoke a bowl cause thats all ur good at. hippies

now i want u 2 to read through this qoute carefully and think to yourselves "who do i fall under????!?! who am i most like?!?!"

War is an ugly thing but no the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man that has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
~John Stewart Mill~

Now i want to know,.... do u think that if our military sits on our asses, and picks are noses and dose nothing, that the terrible event that happend on 9/11 would not happen again? do you think we would just be left alone to do our own little thing? Do you think that u would feel safe if we did absolutly nothing to preserve the safety of the US?? oil is not the reason we are over there, dangerous people are the reason we are over there. If we do nothing to stop dangerous people those dangerous people could kill you or someone you love.

hardcoreclimber

Mar 14, 2005, 6:34 AM
Post #40 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No- Brakes ur a fucking idiot, u and ur friend cschnur got fucking schooled by a 17 year old. how do u feel about that dumbass.

"CountryCrux, you have just about the worst spelling and grammar I've seen and no matter what content you attempt to present, you come off as completely uneducated."

"...and countrycrux another thing: you say the Canadian political system is so bad, how come they never have any of the problems we do, no crime, no wars seems like canada has it figured out "

ok wow u havent been to canada all that much, and u live in la la land if u think that canada has it all figured out cause they have no crime, no wars. u obviously have had no real first hand experiences with socialized medicine, do u now. On top of that NO CRIME ARE U RETARTED! were there are people, there will always be crime. beat that shit through ur thick ass skull.goodness

and yes that is my brother that got u, and yes i am in the US airforce fighting for ur dumb ass. it honestly makes me sick to know that there are people like u guys out there; and that i and all my other brothers in arms fight for u. honestly i would love to see yall on the front lines; and say the shit that u are saying now, ur minds just might be up for change..... Iraq wasnt involved in the attack on 9/11, do u have no idea about the ties that saddam had with the bin laden. get ur head out of ur ass seriously.

I will seriously laugh at ur ass if all u can say about me is "u cant spell, and ur gramer sucks" well fuck at least i dont suck at life like u do. u should go hide in ur little caves or go up in some trees and smoke a bowl cause thats all ur good at. hippie bitches.

hardcoreclimber

Mar 14, 2005, 6:34 AM
Post #41 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No- Brakes ur a fucking idiot, u and ur friend cschnur got fucking schooled by a 17 year old. how do u feel about that dumbass.

I will seriously laugh at ur ass if all u can say about me is "u cant spell, and ur gramer sucks" well fuck at least i dont suck at life like u do. u should go hide in ur little caves or go up in some trees and smoke a bowl cause thats all ur good at. hippie bitches.

hardcoreclimber

Mar 14, 2005, 6:36 AM
Post #42 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No- Brakes ur a idiot, u and ur friend cschnur got schooled by a 17 year old. how do u feel about that dumbass.

I will seriously laugh at ur ass if all u can say about me is "u cant spell, and ur gramer sucks" well shit at least i dont suck at life like u do. u should go hide in ur little caves or go up in some trees and smoke a bowl cause thats all ur good at. hippies

bozher

Mar 14, 2005, 7:01 AM
Post #43 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I for one always vote Republican. It's been my experience that most Democrats I meet want other people to clean up the environment, recycle, clean up parks, drive smaller cars. I mean, bitching about how Europe has a 60 mpg carborator isn't going to make one magically appear here. Besides, the same administration that you are posting about included more new money for state park upgrades than in many years past. How about the next time you visit Red Rocks you do something to make it a nicer place, like a Republican would do, rather than whining about whats not being done. Like a Democrat would do.

bozher

Mar 14, 2005, 7:04 AM
Post #44 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Liberals are such idiots, they feel everything and don't think anything through. Maybe they could actually take action on an issue but they are too stoned all the time. See you at the climbing gym you fuckin hippy stoners.

markguycan

Mar 26, 2005, 5:43 AM
Post #45 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So who bought this federal land anyhow? I'll bet it was some filthy rich politician who got it for "a song" Another example of the twisted political system where I (politician)scratch your back if you (another politician) scratch mine- Seroiusly, selling public lands for short term benefits is very short sighted, those lands were supposed to be set aside " as resources for the future" The deficit is a huge- evergrowing problem, it does need to be addressed; too bad it was incurred in the first place- also too bad concerns closer to our hearts will suffer from this "mis"-allocation of federal sales funds.

vegastradguy

Mar 26, 2005, 6:10 AM
Post #46 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

actually, all the land around Las Vegas is owned by the BLM and it sells large plots of it regularly to home builders....this is standard fare in Vegas, has been for the last 20 years or longer...

the land the BLM sells is just large undeveloped acreage, usually on the outskirts of town...however, some plots are also near or on established climbing areas.

the real concern is that the money is no longer going to benefit Nevada's parks...

g
Deleted

Mar 26, 2005, 9:04 AM
Post #47 of 47 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I for one always vote Republican. It's been my experience that most Democrats I meet want other people to clean up the environment, recycle, clean up parks, drive smaller cars. I mean, b---- about how Europe has a 60 mpg carborator isn't going to make one magically appear here. Besides, the same administration that you are posting about included more new money for state park upgrades than in many years past. How about the next time you visit Red Rocks you do something to make it a nicer place, like a Republican would do, rather than whining about whats not being done. Like a Democrat would do.
That is easy to say from the Twin Cities. Why don't you move down to Nevada and show us how it is done?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook