RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

wigglestick

Sep 6, 2001, 7:21 PM
Post #1 of 9 (4784 views)
Shortcut

When do kids start gettting pumped?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was surfing through www.8a.nu and read that kids don't get pumped like adults do.

"Wouldn't it be a nice feeling if lactic acid and pumped forearms didn't exist, like it is for kids*. Athletics have been fighting with lactic acid build up for decades, but there is no universal solution. It is a bummer for us climbers, even less is known.

*Children have a higher ratio of capillaries to muscle fibres and a low ability to maximum recruiment (contraction) which means that their blood supply to the muscles is constant. "

At what point do these "kids" become adults? Or at what age does pumping out become a problem. Probably during puberty or something. Just curious. I look forward to the following conversation at the gym.

Punk ass 13 year old kid- "Hey man, you suck. I have only been climbing for 6 months and I can send that problem in my sleep."

Me - "Hey, jump on your stupid little scooter and go home and talk to me in a couple years when you suck too."

LOL

broganadams
Deleted

Sep 6, 2001, 8:08 PM
Post #2 of 9 (4781 views)
Shortcut

When do kids start gettting pumped? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It is all based on puberty and muscle developement. a loose nuber would be 12 through 14. It depends if your a boy or girl.

bart

Sep 6, 2001, 8:18 PM
Post #3 of 9 (4781 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't really train for climbing, I do it if I want to and I think that's the best way to enjoy a sport. The only thing I fear are little injuries that make me have to rest for a few weeks.

climber_girl

Sep 7, 2001, 12:21 AM
Post #4 of 9 (4781 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

K well i kinda take that offensive, I am only 13years old too and i have been climbing for about 3 years now, the thing is that I have alot of respect for adult climbers and i don;t think u should be talking about all teenagers, is being prejudice. Sorry but i really don;t like that. Thats my slice of the cake!

climber_girl

Sep 7, 2001, 3:16 AM
Post #5 of 9 (4781 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

do u see how us teenagers feel? I know that I am only 13 but u know wut, since i am a girl, suppsoidly i climb better which can be true in ways but all we do is just have an easier and different way on getting upso us teenagers can be better then some of the old people,what are we supposed to do about it? i am sick and tired of peoplebeing prejudice of teenage climbers, especially when it comes to being an instructor,but still If I could ask just please stop trying to judge teenage climbers becuase it p***** us off.Thanks!

kriso9tails

Sep 7, 2001, 3:51 AM
Post #6 of 9 (4781 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Some of you are making it sound like kids can't get pumped. Maybe it's incredibly unlikely, but not impossible. Aerobic respiration can only take anyone so far, and it's not like children are incapable of anaerobic respiration. I climbed on and off when I was a kid. To tell the truth it's not easier or harder at 18 than at 10. I can't speak for 16 and 17 because I balrely climbed during those ears. I'd rather have adult strenght and reach, than childish lightweight and and endurance.

Partner pianomahnn

Sep 7, 2001, 6:04 AM
Post #7 of 9 (4781 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Okay...I think a few teens here are missing the point. We're merely discussing basic biological differences amongst younger humans, and older humans. It has nothing to do with prejudice. It's undeniable that what was originally posted is true. I've seen many kids climb, and though they may get tired, it isn't quite the same as in those who have gone through the major biological change we call puberty. It's just one of those things.

Please, those who are amongst the group being discussed, don't take offense and get all whiney, offer up some well thought words in defense of yourself if you feel the need. Calling this f---ed up and prejudice does not help out one bit.

Partner pianomahnn

Sep 7, 2001, 5:06 PM
Post #8 of 9 (4781 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's you're, not your.

climberchk

Sep 7, 2001, 10:55 PM
Post #9 of 9 (4781 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So... Any who... How's the weather

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook