First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

zozo

Apr 25, 2005, 2:42 PM
Post #1 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

How bachelor is this....?
Report this Post
Can't Post

Please rate the following bachelorism's on a scale of 1 to 10 and add your own.

1. After not sweeping the floor for two month's finally doing it and instead of picking up the pile and putting it in the trash can, just leaving it on the floor in the corner and continually adding to it.

2. Rather than simply loading the dishwasher, get the dog, load up the Isuzu and go to Boston Market.

3. Having a dried load of laundry in the dryer for three weeks.

4. Realizing all the gear I took to the Ouray Ice festival is still sitting right where I dropped it three months ago.

kriso9tails

Apr 25, 2005, 2:46 PM
Post #2 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Re: How bachelor is this....? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd give it an 8. You'd have to disturb me slightly to earn higher.

Partner macherry

Apr 25, 2005, 2:52 PM
Post #3 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'd have to see your bathroom

bumblie

Apr 25, 2005, 2:52 PM
Post #4 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You need seriously bad stuff to rate high. Is mold peeling off your tub? How about that spilled lasagna you left on the carpet two months ago? Any significant cultures growing in your fridge?

zozo

Apr 25, 2005, 2:53 PM
Post #5 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Uhhhh are you sure about that? Number 5 is....

5. Instead of cleaning the bathroom, starting to use the one downstairs instead.

subtle

Apr 25, 2005, 4:38 PM
Post #6 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

...aaaah, I once didn't do the dishes for so long that something ate a hole all the way through a knife. We weren't sure what did it, and really didn't care to find out...so we threw everything out. When attempting to un-stick the inevitable drain clog, we put so many different kinds of Plumr and Drain-o down the bugger that we melted the pipe leading to the basement. The plumbing became angered, and prompty stopped working in the bathroom, so we had to bail out the shower intermittantly.

So...you've got some work to do to impress me.

Allez. Want to sub-let my place? Homard.

chanceboarder

Apr 25, 2005, 4:50 PM
Post #7 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Uhhhh are you sure about that? Number 5 is....

5. Instead of cleaning the bathroom, starting to use the one downstairs instead.
i'd hate to see what happens when all the bathrooms are dirty. i guess you and the dog could share the lawn. :wink:

onbelay_osu

Apr 25, 2005, 5:20 PM
Post #8 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

any one ever use the ghetto dishwasher....thowing in all your dishes in the shower, pouring soap all over them, turning the shower on hot and letting them sit for 10 mins or so, until all soap is gone scrub what was to stuck to come off and let sit in shower over night to dry(i mean come on if you are a true bachelor you don't need to use your shower to get clean that is what axe body spray is for, that or febreez!)

jono

Apr 25, 2005, 5:39 PM
Post #9 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i dont have a dishwasher...all the dishes are piled up and you clean them one at a time for whatever you use. the bottom of my tub was turning black, there is mold on the walls.
i think i will try the shower method of cleaning dishes..good idea.

Partner bear829

Apr 25, 2005, 5:39 PM
Post #10 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
any one ever use the ghetto dishwasher....thowing in all your dishes in the shower, pouring soap all over them, turning the shower on hot and letting them sit for 10 mins or so, until all soap is gone scrub what was to stuck to come off and let sit in shower over night to dry(i mean come on if you are a true bachelor you don't need to use your shower to get clean that is what axe body spray is for, that or febreez!)

When I first moved in with my now roommate, she hadn't done dishes for two months. The last she had, she told me that she had done exactly what you had onbelay. :lol: The first night I was here, I went through the fridge, I found things in there that had expired over TWO years ago. OMG...it was gross. Our place isn't the cleanest thing ever, but its definately more habitable than it was before. :lol:

web_slave

Apr 25, 2005, 6:25 PM
Post #11 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My buddies moved in to a 5 bedroom place that had two kitchens (1 downstairs and 1 upstairs left over from an old reno). They proceded to use one kitchen exculsivly until it was too horible to even stand in, then sealed it off with a sheet of ply-wood and moved on to the upstairs kitchen.

I believe the landlord did a controlled burn of the place after they moved out.....

vivalargo

Apr 25, 2005, 6:44 PM
Post #12 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

These are descriptions of broke bachelors, ar at any rate, those that are not filthy rich. Working in show business, I see the top end bachelors, filthy rich buffoons whose habits are so profligate, so ridiculous, so utterly daft that their poorer bretheren look like saints in comparisson.

Take the director--holed up in a fancy smanzy Hollywood hotel--who is too lazy to do ANY laundry, or even stash his soiled garments into a bag so room service can clean them. When he strips for bed he simply sends his cloths down the trash shoot.

Or the producer who's car ran out of gas so he just left it on the side of the road and never went back for it (a Mercedes).

Wish I had time to really get into this--it's a fascinating and disturbing topic.

JL

web_slave

Apr 25, 2005, 6:58 PM
Post #13 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Take the director--holed up in a fancy smanzy Hollywood hotel--who is too lazy to do ANY laundry, or even stash his soiled garments into a bag so room service can clean them. When he strips for bed he simply sneds his cloths down the trash shoot.

Or the producer who's car ran out of gas so he just left it on the side of the road and never went back for it (a Mercedes).

Wish I had tome to really get into this--it's a fascinating and disturbing topic.

JL

Those are classic...(where did the car end up?)

By the way congrats on your "intentional omission" from the new Rock and Ice.

p.s. When I climb with a smoke, people just call me an asshole....

robbovius

Apr 25, 2005, 7:47 PM
Post #14 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Please rate the following bachelorism's on a scale of 1 to 10 and add your own.

1. After not sweeping the floor for two month's finally doing it and instead of picking up the pile and putting it in the trash can, just leaving it on the floor in the corner and continually adding to it.

2. Rather than simply loading the dishwasher, get the dog, load up the Isuzu and go to Boston Market.

3. Having a dried load of laundry in the dryer for three weeks.

4. Realizing all the gear I took to the Ouray Ice festival is still sitting right where I dropped it three months ago.

phht. amateur.

1. I my appt has wall to wall in every room but the kithchen. I didn't vaccum for the first year I lived there. I moved there in december '03. so far, I've vaccuumed once.

2. I've never washed the kitchen floor.

3. when the dishes in the sink start to smell, I squirt some more dishwashing detergent onthem adn run the hot water a bit. good for another 2-3 weeks.

4. I have some BBQ sauce left from last summer. it still smells okay.

5. eggs will last two months in the fridge uncooked. at least. that's as long as I've ever had any, and still eaten them anyway.

6. I live out of my dryer, and laundry basket.

zozo

Apr 25, 2005, 7:59 PM
Post #15 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

phht. amateur.

Im not worthy. Im not worthy.

mother_sheep

Apr 25, 2005, 8:17 PM
Post #16 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

JL

Please provide EXACT location of this travesty! I'm in the market for some new cheap wheels.

vivalargo

Apr 25, 2005, 8:51 PM
Post #17 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Web_slave wrote: "By the way congrats on your "intentional omission" from the new Rock and Ice."

Huh? Been out of town and haven't seen the new R&I so I don't follow you.

JL

shakylegs

Apr 25, 2005, 8:57 PM
Post #18 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Pfft, last year around this time I ate yogurt that I had left in the fridge for I don't know how long. Result? Anaphylactic shock. Barely made it to the hospital in time.
I've gotten better after that scare.

the_pirate

Apr 25, 2005, 9:44 PM
Post #19 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
3. when the dishes in the sink start to smell, I squirt some more dishwashing detergent onthem adn run the hot water a bit. good for another 2-3 weeks.

My worst was filling the sink with soapy water, intending to wash the full load of dishes. Somehow or another I got distracted and never went back to actually wash them. After festering for a couple days in summer heat, there was no way I was reaching down through that shit to pull the plug, so I let it sit till the water slowly leeched past the drain plug. Took the better part of a month. There were a couple of specimens that warranted examination under the microscope.

jono

Apr 25, 2005, 11:12 PM
Post #20 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ive got some milk that has seperated in the frig. the last one that went bad we just put outside the door....it expanded...exploded...and we dont use that exit anymore.
i was going to tell another dish washing war story but the_pirate has me beat.....man thats terrible.

Partner wideguy

Apr 26, 2005, 12:15 AM
Post #21 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

OK, my counter right now.
http://img.photobucket.com/...wideguy/Pict0125.jpg

Name the 3 most obvious signs that I am NOT a bachelor. 8^)

grover

Apr 26, 2005, 12:20 AM
Post #22 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

3 coffee cups, diet AND regular coke, and the knives are in their holders and not in the wall.

wanderinfree

Apr 26, 2005, 12:24 AM
Post #23 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Here's one via proxy. Whenever I want to take a hot bath, I have to borrow my climbing partner's bathtub--who is a bachelor--since I only have a shower. THIS is how he gets his tub cleaned. Hasn't had to clean it once in the year he's lived there.

Partner wideguy

Apr 26, 2005, 12:25 AM
Post #24 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
3 coffee cups, diet AND regular coke, and the knives are in their holders and not in the wall.

ooh hadn't thought about the knives, good one. But there are more obvious. Oh, and coffee addiction knows no bounds. Those three are all in fact mine from today. A full 12 cup pot fills all three. 1.5 are drunk on the commute, the rest consumed before lunch. My wife doesn't drink coffee, no point there

grover

Apr 26, 2005, 12:39 AM
Post #25 of 59 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wideguy,

Is it the orange cleaning product jug?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)