RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

lvclimbingbum

Apr 22, 2005, 10:09 PM
Post #1 of 7 (3280 views)
Shortcut

Nevada Climbing Centers
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

I volunteer at Nevada Climbing Centers, and just wanted to see what the people who have climbed there or go there every once in a while think about it. I personally think it is an awesome gym, with awesome route setters. We're now building a bouldering cave and have had a climbing team for about 5 months. Once again, wanted to see what others thought about it. :wink:

biffjr

Apr 23, 2005, 4:40 AM
Post #2 of 7 (3280 views)
Shortcut

Re: Nevada Climbing Centers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

NCC as it is refered to is quite a good gym for I go their about 2-3 times a week and is apart of the team their which is devolping in the right direction. So I would have to say that it is a good gym especailly since their adding new renafastions (cant spell) to is as the boulding wall.
-biffjr

vegastradguy

Apr 25, 2005, 10:37 PM
Post #3 of 7 (3280 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

NCC was my first gym when i learned to climb and it was a fairly decent gym back then. Not long after that, the gym took a turn for the worse and i stopped going for over a year.

Recently, though, a new owner has taken over the gym and has done wonders with the place. It's 10x better than it ever was when i was spending alot of time there and its a joy to go back there now as a member.

General comments:
Route Setters: NCC has some excellent setters in house- they have quality routes at every grade from 5.6 to 5.12.

Staff: The folks at NCC will bend over backwards to make sure you have an excellent experience...this is a big selling point for me.

In house Improvements:
Since the new ownership has taken over they have added a slack line set up, a zip line, reset all the old routes in the lead cave, and are currently constructing a brand new free standing bouldering area.

All in all, a great gym and easily the best indoor climbing in Las Vegas.

ikefromla

Apr 25, 2005, 11:42 PM
Post #4 of 7 (3280 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

"best indoor climbing in las vegas" ????!!!!! :shock:
wow.. they must have made some SERIOUS improvements, cuz last i checked, the place was baaaaad.
then again i'm very loyal to Powerhouse and the entire community there, including members, staff, and owners... doesn't hurt that i was a member for years and then an employee.
well good for NCC if they are actually improving, perhaps i'll check it out this summer when i'm home.

vegastradguy

Apr 25, 2005, 11:46 PM
Post #5 of 7 (3280 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

ike-

well, Powerhouse, at last check from the rumor mill, may be closing its doors in the near future...so, NCC may be the only gym in town- but then, that is just gossip....

it really depends on your gym style- NCC definitely caters more to the beginners crowd- but theres a heavy dose of harder stuff in there these days. Powerhouse was always way too difficult of a gym for most of us beginners.

anyway, i really like the new NCC...its good stuff. last week they stripped the lead wall completely and have already started putting up new routes...

nevadaclimbing

Sep 20, 2011, 2:31 PM
Post #6 of 7 (2532 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lvclimbingbum] Nevada Climbing Centers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

RIGHT ON!
THANKS!

nevadaclimbing

Sep 28, 2011, 6:19 AM
Post #7 of 7 (2397 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ikefromla] Nevada Climbing Centers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

LOTS OF CHANGES, THROUGH THE TUFF TIMES & STILL GETTING IT DONE. LOTS OF NEW & RENOVATED STUFF GOING ON! NEW RUG, PAINT, EXERCISE EQUIPMENT & MORE!
Attachments: IMG_0762.jpg (86.7 KB)

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook