Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Arapiles in July
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

bolt_skytop

May 3, 2005, 10:25 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1842 views)
Shortcut

Arapiles in July  (Australasia: Australia: Victoria: Arapiles: Arapiles__An_overview)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am coming from New York and spending July in Australia :P :D :lol: . I want to climb at Arapiles but I am getting conflicting information. Some people tell me that it is going to be too rainy and that I should go to Townsville or somewhere else tropical :( . While other people tell me that it won't be a problem in Arapiles :D . Could someone give me the straight dirt :?: . Thank you.

bolt_skytop

May 16, 2005, 10:42 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1842 views)
Shortcut

Re: Arapiles in July [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Come on, somebody has to know something! Help please?

macmoo

May 16, 2005, 11:24 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've climbed at Arapiles in April, May, September and October, but not during July. From friends that have lived there tell me that its fine for climbing during the winter if you are selective about aspect etc and don't mind the odd down day. The pub in Horsham is always open! Remember that in Australia the winter is the rainy season. Anyhow, rather than guess why don't you check out the aussie site below and post a question in the forum. Its a great resource for anyone visiting the land of oz.

http://www.chockstone.org/Arapiles/Arapiles.htm

kachoong

May 16, 2005, 1:41 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There would be a VERY good chance of getting rain at Arapiles in July. It will be the coldest month (also August), and will get down to almost 35F at night sometimes and no warmer than 50F in the daytime if you're lucky.... yes, it is the rainy season in SOUTHERN Australia in the winter but in Northern Australia, like Queensland, it is the dry season.... Tropical is good advice.... Even the Blue Mountains can get VERY cold in July and has known to snow on occasion each year....
I'd say if you REALLY are coming to Australia in July and have no other time, then go to Queensland.... almost all days are sunny and 65-75F. If you can hold off to come until September, then you will find it more pleasant at Arapiles....

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook