Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

climbinganne

Jul 7, 2002, 1:09 AM
Post #1 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Birdsboro Quarry.....they dragged me out
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Today mitchal , pupjr, erica44 and climbinganne all met up at birdsboro Quarry outside of Reading, Pa. We had a blast!!!
Anne climbed like crap but the rest of the group soared. pupjr did his first sport leads today...hehe...and first whippers too!!! He ripped his finger open on a really sharp schist edge. Minor field surgury stopped the bleeding, and we think he'll be good to go with a little taping tomorrow.
Erica44 cranked her why up a beautiful 11 called Jim Dandy... with an over vertical start and lunge move 3/4 of the way up!!!
Mitch also had a good day of climbing, but since he comes here everyday, he ought to be able to get up the rock....
I layed around and yelled beta...and cleaned a couple routes...Erica inspired me to make it up that 11 today, when i failed leading 8's. Nice people and a beautiful day in the neighborhood...with Mr. Rogers sporting a gun and ammo being released every minute, paintball wars all around us.

krustyklimber

Jul 7, 2002, 2:38 AM
Post #2 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Birdsboro Quarry.....they dragged me out [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Anne,

I was so glad to see that you had a good day!

Keep on paddlin' and be ready to catch a Wave!

Jeff

mitchal

Jul 8, 2002, 2:57 AM
Post #3 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi,
Anne WAS the highlight of the whole weekend!She was a cranking hard as I have ever seen someone on the rock.She provided the "cheerleading" for Erica44, and pupjr,urging them on to new heights.This impromptu meeting of the RC.commers was an absolute BLAST.We ran into kagunkie and climbracer at Chickies this morning and had the good fortune to get to do some climbing with them as well.It was like the commercial,
"Guys,it just don't get any better than this!As I told Anne and Eric at wings afterwords,RC.com has got to be the best thing I have done for my climbing.
I look forward to climbing with any and all of them,as well as more and more of the good folk here at RC.com.
Climb Happy(I know I did this weekend)
Mitch

climbinganne

Jul 8, 2002, 3:26 AM
Post #4 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Mitch...thanks for the inspiring post, but considering I took you guys to my crags today...I should be able to get my *ss up those rocks.

I never saw anyone shake so bad, like you did, when you were finishing that first route...sorry I was laughing so hard I tried to stop, and almost peed my pants, so see I had to laugh!!! Eric was laughing too, by the way.

Climbracer thanks so mush for the lunch!!!
Dang girl, you climbed real good today, all that time spent with kagunkie proves you are only climbing...hehe

erica44 and pupjr don't forget about the book...Second Ascent, by Hugh Herr...you'll be able to read about the places you visited this weekend and learn a little more about the guy would made most of the first ascents of the routes you climbed with Mitch and I. Keep practicing those knots....especially you pupjr...I know how much you want to impress Diana. I NEVER thought I would meet someone more accident prone than me, but you pup(py)jr get to not only take it but eat that cake too...gosh, I must resupply the medical kit, damn boy learn how to take a whipper and not shave off every layer of skin!!! Again I had a great time...i guess if you are not falling, you aren't trying hard enough, that is our motto for this past weekend!!!

*/me changed her name to fallinganne

Hey erica....here's a quote form pupjr today..."Now that was a whipper...and I was afraid to say that!!"

OMG....and I wanted to tell Pete and Adam...I had so many fine SHERPAs this weekend...but a piece of advice for upcoming wannabe sherpas - mixing Pepsi twist, Labatts Blue, and shoe carrying DOESN'T MIX!!!! So PLEASE don't try it away from home!

[ This Message was edited by: climbinganne on 2002-07-08 05:57 ]

climbinganne

Jul 8, 2002, 3:29 AM
Post #5 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kk...I really did have a fun time thanks for being such a sweetie!!! I'll let you know about this coming weekend too, CHAT SOON!!!

erica44

Jul 8, 2002, 8:35 AM
Post #6 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

it is DEANA not DIANA anne.

Eric may be accident prone, but these mosquitos up here like me way too much. I couldn't sleep last night for itching.

Anywho, I had a blast this weekend, thanks a lot for the encouragement and what not.

I have to go PT so I will write more later.

Erica

climbinganne

Jul 8, 2002, 12:55 PM
Post #7 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

DEANNA/DIANA= WHATEVER!!

climbinganne

Jul 8, 2002, 1:07 PM
Post #8 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Erica44...what was the bug spray for???? Be glad you didn't get any open wounds like pupjr and I got on Sat/Sun, trust me on this the gnats on open cuts ARE WORSE!!!!! Then you spray on the bug spray...OUCH!!!!

pupjr...I need knuckle bandaids, butterfly strips, regular bandaids, anteseptic wipes and advil...then my first aid kit will be all ready to climb with you again!!!!

Kagunkie...sorry about bithchin a little on that arete...I realize now that was the first time you EVER belayed me, I was a wee bit nervous up there...considering it was, I think, the only climb I didn't fall on all weekend..bitchin does work!!!! Guess I've been climbing with climbracer too much...teehee

And me gurlfriend Julie...thanks for meeting me on Sunday morning while the others slept and then had breakfast...that sharp cheddar you brought me for breakfast was awesome!!!!
Great job on solution crack...I've been pumping myself out on that forever, wish I had seen your moves months ago. I was doing it all wrong!! That graceful mantle at the only chicken head was genius. Now I've got it!!!! Hey lew, it is a mantle not a layback!!!!! DAH

[ This Message was edited by: climbinganne on 2002-07-08 08:27 ]

mitchal

Jul 8, 2002, 9:45 PM
Post #9 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Everyone,
I forgot to mention that Erica44 and I ran into Stigonrock and Mountainrat at Birdsboro Quarry on Friday night as I was taking Erica on the "local tour"
Mountainrat is looking good,he even donned his harness to belay Angela on a climb.It's good to see him getting all back together and at the crag already,soon he'll be on the routes cranking on!
Climb Happy
Mitch

pupjr

Jul 9, 2002, 1:37 AM
Post #10 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My finger's healing!! and pretty fast too. As for accident prone, i think annie got more beat than i. My first aid kit is pretty stocked, so i think i'll be able to provide some first aid to those who are hurt. As for this weekend, i'm so confused! Erica44 invited me to ocean city, and Annie invited me to W.V. AH! although i don't know if i'll be able to get the permission for either cause both are quite a drive.

OOO i went to A & N outfitters to look for some gear. check out quick draws, biners, rope, etc. Came out to about 350, pretty crazy. And of course the back pack that fit best wouldn't be big enough for the trips i wanna take out west. I got LOTS of thing to buy til i'm ready for that. oiii, the wallet will be hurting. the things i do.

Well guys THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE WEEKEND. annie and mitch thanks so much for the teaching me SO MUCH. I'm incrediably grateful. I just wanna keep learning everything. Mitch, i have your tape, forgot to take out of my bag. Erica, it was great to be around someone my own age. NO OFFENSE annie and mitch. I kinda used some for work so none of those damn chemicals would get into the cut. I'll buy ya another roll. Thanks again guys! climb hard!

mitchal

Jul 9, 2002, 1:46 AM
Post #11 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was shaking bad,because you whipped off that route and I was forced to finish it,ME, who is so much less capable than you with your nimble dancesteps!I WAS SCARED!!!.If it wasn't my gear on the route I would have left it as booty.But, I did prevail over that rock!HA!Next time we use your draws and they stay if you can't finish the route.You were incredible though.
Eric,I want my TAPE!!!!!
Glad you all had a great time,I loved having you at my "home crag"
Climb Happy
Mitch

pupjr

Jul 9, 2002, 2:02 AM
Post #12 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

you'll get it, just not right this second. By the way guys, i found 3 ticks on me, how many did you find??

mitchal

Jul 9, 2002, 2:05 AM
Post #13 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Found THREE on me,left them on,how much can they drink anyhow?Gotta go.... feeling drowsy,why am I so darn pale?Is it getting dark in here?Where is my Teddy Bear?
Climb Happy
Mitch

[ This Message was edited by: mitchal on 2002-07-08 19:06 ]

climbinganne

Jul 9, 2002, 2:20 AM
Post #14 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SHEET...checking all my hairs now!!!!!!

climbinganne

Jul 9, 2002, 2:24 AM
Post #15 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No ticks...you guys must be sweet meat

What decision....beach with Erica or climbing with annie???? I thought you were smarter than that!!!!

and did I hear reference to age ....naw, not from my pup/sherpa????

climbinganne

Jul 9, 2002, 2:30 AM
Post #16 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ONE MORE THING...MITCH,

Had I too grabbed onto the cold shuts, I wouldn't have whipped so bad, or if I had a better belayer, I wouldn't have fallen as far...not like you didn't know it was coming...I slipped in gosh darn SLO-MO, but whipped at 200 mph... Shoot...I did all the hard work, cept for the top=rope, you wussie.

mitchal

Jul 9, 2002, 2:52 AM
Post #17 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

AHHH NOW,
Don't get mad
I stopped you and saw it coming,I belayed you just fine.And, I DID NOT grab the shut,only thought about it.
Love you
Mitch
And you Did EXCELLENT!!!!

climbinganne

Jul 9, 2002, 2:59 AM
Post #18 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You can't handle those whippers, you wussie!!!!

erica44

Jul 9, 2002, 10:51 AM
Post #19 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ok I checked for ticks as soon as I read that post. thankfully no ticks I would have freaked. I can't stand ticks. my itching has subsided some, and actually got some sleep last night.

man, I missed all the fun stuff. all these whippers and stuff. I am glad no one was seriously injured.

as for your decision Eric, I tried to call you last night but your line was busy. It is your decision, whatever works for me. However, it would be a fun weekend and even give your hand a chance to heal. but like I said whatever works. I will try to call you again tonight after 9pm

well, I hope everyone has a good day at work or whatever it is yall do I will be working away at a sports story. talk to yall later.

erica

climbinganne

Jul 9, 2002, 1:47 PM
Post #20 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!

erica44: You crack me up, whatever.

pupjr: You gave ericaa44 your phone #? whatever

and the ticks are from the other place, my partner Larry always gets them on him, I only ever found one crawling on my leg. The black flies at the Gunks and the green flies at the Jersey shore love my meat...take chunks of it and fly away. whatever

[ This Message was edited by: climbinganne on 2002-07-09 06:53 ]

charrock

Jul 9, 2002, 3:40 PM
Post #21 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sounds like y'all had a good weekend climbing. I still want to get together with you guys north of the mason Dixon line. I'm on the DL as I have to get knee surgery next week (2 month old mnt. biking injury). I was told if I was 20 something I would be back at it in 2 weeks BUT people MY AGE need 4-6 weeks to fully recover. The nerve! I haven't climbed in a month so when I do climb again it will be back to square 1. Maybe we can climb in Sept or early Oct. In the meantime look out for ticks. I could tell you some horrible lymes disease stories. Charlie

climbinganne

Jul 9, 2002, 4:13 PM
Post #22 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Charlie...long time no talk!!!!

tell the stories!!!

pupjr

Jul 9, 2002, 9:58 PM
Post #23 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I got a doctor's appointment thursday. Gonna see if doc says i'll need it. HOPEFULLY they were just wood ticks, and won't need anything. We'll see

So is 350 bucks a good price for 60m 10.5 rope, 10 quick draws, 3 slings, 5 biners i think. oooo i also need a sling and 2 locking biners for cleaning up, right annie? Anything else i'm missing? Or is there a place i can find a better deal?

Annie, you say whatever a hell of a lot times, ya know that?

climbinganne

Jul 10, 2002, 2:10 AM
Post #24 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

actually...i know we can do better with $350.00....but whatever....PM me

climbinganne

Jul 10, 2002, 2:33 AM
Post #25 of 27 (7861 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey....puppy, I have a 60 meter 10.6 rope, 10 quick draws, bla bla bla.. that are proven to handle whippers all for $300.00!!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook