Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Survey on closure areas - please help!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

meridian

May 21, 2005, 5:37 AM
Post #1 of 1 (690 views)
Shortcut

Survey on closure areas - please help!  (North_America: Canada: Quebec: Outaouais: Eardley_Escarpment)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just noticed this post by sir_chalkalot at the end of the banning thread and thought I'd try to make the info more visible to those looking at the Eardley page. (I know I should read the access forum more, but...)
I just wish I'd seen this sooner, maybe they'll extend the due date? Here's his post:

"In the interest of continued climbing access in Gatineau Park and protection of the environment that we enjoy, it is necessary for us to consider which climbing areas on the Eardley Escarpment we want to put our weight behind keeping open. The NCC has indicated its willingness to let the climbing community, represented by the Gatineau Park Climbers' Coalition, lay out the rules for continued climbing. The NCC's measures, if we do not take steps to protect the environment ourselves, will be to ban climbing along the Eardley Escarpment. So this is our chance to manage ourselves."

URGENT! Please complete the
climbing site survey by May 22nd.

In case the above no longer links properly, here's the link again for the survey.
http://go.gatineau-access.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=48&Itemid=1&lang=en

Even if you don't climb at Eardley very often please let your interests be known. I only get up to Ottawa once a year, but I'd hate to have them close a crag that I've enjoyed in the past, so I'm off to "vote"!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$13.46 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook