Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Slacklining:
Noah is rude (edited for legal purposes...)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

danegerous

Jun 16, 2005, 12:25 PM
Post #1 of 12 (4655 views)
Shortcut

Noah is rude (edited for legal purposes...)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

im so pissed. i just watched the "crossing the line" video starring the one and only noah. well, that made like #12 for watching it. it was such a great and insipartional video...until i caught on. towards the end, he does the splits, then he jumps up and does a backflip dismount. at the very end they show him mounting with a front flip, then going into the splits...they slow down the music, they even stamp the date on it, to show that this is when the first recorded front flip mount took place. if you look closely enough, you can see that he simply took the freaking splits and dismount and reversed them! what nerve!

now, dont get me wrong, he's good. but that is no excuse for a dupe of this magnitude. and it wasn't even played off to be an editing trick.

forgive me if this is an old story, but im just a little freaking perturbed...

joshportell

Jun 16, 2005, 12:58 PM
Post #2 of 12 (4655 views)
Shortcut

Re: Noah's a liar and an idiot [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

when i saw this video i knew right away it was the previous footage in reverse. plus there is no way he could jump down into the splits and then slowly come up. but, maybe they should have made it more obvious

Partner j_ung

Jun 16, 2005, 1:06 PM
Post #3 of 12 (4655 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh sweet... Internet slander.

danegerous

Jun 16, 2005, 1:12 PM
Post #4 of 12 (4655 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i watched it like 6 times right in a row and then my buddy goes, "...hey, thats the same footage only in reverse!". so, we watched it and then finally i had to admit it was true...i couldn't believe it. he is such a good slacker that i thought it was possible. but the then drop to the spilts and the gradual sliding up gave it away.

and it's not that big a deal, except that it looks like he was totally trying to pull it off as a legit front flip mount...i guess this is a classic case of Caveat Emptor

gymslackerclimber

Jun 16, 2005, 4:48 PM
Post #5 of 12 (4655 views)
Shortcut

Re: Noah is rude (edited for legal purposes...) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

UMmm... can we explain, why we havent brought that video in the C O...? i mean,, i would really like to watch that video.. i think that would be just great... :)

danegerous

Jun 16, 2005, 4:53 PM
Post #6 of 12 (4655 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

here dude, go here--> http://www.norope.com/guestvid.htm.

its towards the bottom on the right. it's called, "crossing the line"

lemme know what you think...

fiend

Jun 16, 2005, 5:07 PM
Post #7 of 12 (4655 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No offence dude, but I can't believe that you didn't catch on to that right away. I just re-watched the clip and it's pretty obvious that it's being played in reverse.

danegerous

Jun 16, 2005, 5:16 PM
Post #8 of 12 (4655 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

you know, ill take that im easily had, but he really presents it like it's genuine. i felt like an idiot when it was pointed out to me...

fiend

Jun 16, 2005, 5:33 PM
Post #9 of 12 (4655 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is really nothing personal Dane, but it's a bit of a sore spot for me in some ways. I see this as a part of something that has been called The Dumbing Down of America.

In this free video, Noah or whoever did the editing, went for the subtle joke. Some will get it right away, some will feel as you did; as though they've been duped. It's understandable, no one likes to feel like they missed out on something that others got right away but it's not like he went out of his way to sell you a product based on false information.

But should everything cater to the lowest common denominator? Should a highschool class move at the pace of the slowest student? Sometimes I feel that society tries so hard to help out the little guy that it succeeds in leaving out the talented or intelligent.

Yeah good for you for winning the science fair Tommy. Oh Billy we are so proud of you for not failing calculus again! We knew you could do it, and with a whopping 58% too!!!! Here's a new game for your X-Box.

Again, sorry about the bitterness, but I really don't think that you need to get personally offended that you didn't catch on. I don't want to know what the original title to this thread was but I hope Noah doesn't read these forums. Also, really not aiming any of these comments at you Dane, just at a general mentality that bugs the hell out of me.

danegerous

Jun 16, 2005, 5:50 PM
Post #10 of 12 (4655 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

absolutely no offense taken. i complately understand what you're saying, and i 100% agree. im not offended that he did that, in fact my friends and i joked that it would be funny to take out bails and make them look like that. the deal was that i thought (with the date) that it was an honest attempt to take some type of cake for the first front flip onto a line. you know, first accents and all that usually have that. if it was a joke, then no harm done. really. just from the somewhat serious tone of the video (unlike inertia or front range freaks) i didnt expect that...

and especially from such an industry leader like noah. thatd be like (to me at least) sharma finding a 5.17 and rapelling down a little ways and topping out. i just felt that his skill was enough.

but all that was when i thought it was a serious hijacking attempt. so, as a joke, no harm done, and no offense taken.

and im glad you spoke up, i have immense respect for people that voice themselves, i think we'll get along just fine.

peace

thorne
Deleted

Jun 16, 2005, 6:13 PM
Post #11 of 12 (4655 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i felt like an idiot when it was pointed out to me...

The crux of the matter...

psychomeateater

Sep 24, 2006, 7:19 PM
Post #12 of 12 (4655 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey guys!

It's Noah. This is a funny converasation.

I did mean it to be a subtle joke, Matt and I where laughing when we edited it. I thought it would be obvious.

No mal-intentions!

Sorry for those who thought I was trying to be something I'm not!

Ha! It doesn't matter anyhow. Good luck, all! Slack Hard.

Noah

www.tryhardclimbers.com :)

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook