Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29 Next page Last page  View All

Partner taualum23

Jul 5, 2005, 2:17 PM
Post #26 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Re: Connecticut Climbers Thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey everybody. I'm Josh.
Work in Hartford, live in West Hartford. Been climbing for 18 years, on and off. I have two ropes, full rack, and heinously out of shape (too busy to climb much) body. Any weekday works for me after work. I can get to anywhere within an hour or so from Hartford in time to climb, but would rather stay as close to home as possible (maximum climbing time).
I'm not above gym climbing, but if it's nice out, I'd rather be outside.

Let's get this thing stickied and put in the partners area. If that happens, though, it will stop reflecting on the front page.

Hope to meet up sometime soon.

johngchrist

Jul 5, 2005, 3:40 PM
Post #27 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey all i will be in Avon for the next 15 days for the sole purpose of working and climbing i would like to work in the morning and climb in the afternoon but don't mind not work to go climbing if you need a partner at the last min or something or want to make plans give me a call 860 214 9191 I'm looking for someone to climb with today as well. Pinnacle or rattlesnake would be sweet let me know by phone because I'm at the library now and not sure when the next time i will find a computer will be .

I have a full rack can set up a top rope as long as anchors aren't too far away 5.9 climber all around can climb harder though

names john

hope to hear from someone

sustainedclimber

Jul 5, 2005, 4:41 PM
Post #28 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
this is amazing, here i am wishing i had more people to climb with other than this one dope who calls himself "sustained climber" and what should appear but a ct climbing thread.

Scott I think I'm going to cry. No, seriously, the tears are building up in my eyes as we speak. But since you said something, I'll add as well. We try to get out as much as we can, even if it's a three hour stint from 6pm to dark. Company in an even number would be greatly appreciated.

In reply to:
Does anyone know is there is any cliimbing set up on talcott mountain?

Answer to this question is that talcott mountain like many other unpublished crags in Connecticut are choss piles. Trap Rock has to the right consistency or else it's a death trap.

Happy climbing to all, hope to see you out on the rock.

-Josh

iman74

Jul 5, 2005, 5:47 PM
Post #29 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

::::patting self on back::::: for a noob look what I started with this thread. Now if we can only get sticky!

dudemanbu

Jul 6, 2005, 2:17 AM
Post #30 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Climbed with JohnG today at pinnacle. After a late start he lead a nice easy 5.8ish crack, and i followed up. After that we tried some toprope on a vertical face with 2 routes, a 5.10 and an 5.11. I tried both but thanks to a ton of driving, poor nutriotion and a little gym rust neither were happening.

John took the 5.10 like a champ. Great belayer too! :righton:

sustainedclimber

Jul 6, 2005, 3:26 AM
Post #31 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dudemanbu, do you know exactly what climbs you guys did? The 5.8 could have been any number of climbs, but the 10 was probably entertainer, a classic climb, and the 11 was probably funshine. Good to see that this forum is working already! I must say I was also excited to see it on the front page when I woke up this morning, and tonight after work. It's one of the things that keeps me going. Goodnight fellow climbers!

-Josh

dudemanbu

Jul 6, 2005, 3:35 AM
Post #32 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yep, funshine and entertainer were the two we took cracks at. The 5.8 was the second (third?) crack over to the right from funshine. i gotta get myself a guidebook!

In reply to:
dudemanbu, do you know exactly what climbs you guys did? The 5.8 could have been any number of climbs, but the 10 was probably entertainer, a classic climb, and the 11 was probably funshine. Good to see that this forum is working already! I must say I was also excited to see it on the front page when I woke up this morning, and tonight after work. It's one of the things that keeps me going. Goodnight fellow climbers!

-Josh

pcooke

Jul 6, 2005, 3:50 AM
Post #33 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm in New Haven from now until August 6th and have been climbing in Wallingford at Prime Climb for the past few weeks. I'm relatively new to climbing but am comfortable with setting top rope anchors and have done one multi-pitch climb as a second. At this point I'm climbing between 5.6 and 5.8 depending on the type of climb, rock, etc... I don't have much time off from my summer job (we get every other evening off from 6pm on) right now, and no weekend time that I don't already have commitments for, but if there's any outdoor climbing going on on a night off in the New Haven area I'd love to join.
-Pat

dudemanbu

Jul 6, 2005, 4:02 AM
Post #34 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i guess we'll have to see what we can arrange around west rock :P

pcooke

Jul 6, 2005, 4:27 AM
Post #35 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A little more about me here... My name is Pat and I've climbed a few times over the past several years at different climbing gyms and boyscout camp, etc... Last month I did a mountaineering course with NOLS that included a 10 day rock climbing section in the Cascades and it hooked me on climbing. I'm 21 and right now am looking to climb as much as my schedule allows for the rest of the summer before doing some climbing up in New Hampshire with a friend.
Next week I'd be able to clime on Tuesday(12) and maybe Thursday(14), and could climb on Mon. (18), Wed.(20), or Fri.(22), the following week.

dudemanbu

Jul 7, 2005, 1:12 AM
Post #36 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

climbed with pcook today completely by accident after the meetup at pinnacle was rained out. We worked on a few boulder problems for a bit, and concluded that prime climb's bouldering wall has a lot of missing tape, but definitely some fun climbs. There was a "stretchy" V4ish route that we were both working on towards the end, after making an adustment on the end move i sent it and had to take off, i can only imagine pat nailed it a few mins after i left.

If anyone's up for climbing at west rock in the near future, suggest a date and pat and i will try to meet up with you.

pcooke

Jul 7, 2005, 4:05 AM
Post #37 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I haven't nailed that boulder problem yet but am getting closer. Some good problems there at Prime Climb if you can figure out where the tape's supposed to be!
Let Chris or I know if anyone would be willing to do some climbing at West Rock some evening after work, otherwise I'm usually at Prime Climb a few times a week so let me know if you're gonna be there.

iman74

Jul 7, 2005, 3:39 PM
Post #38 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

PM me if you are interested in joining us at Prime Climb. What started as a small idea is already growing. What I have now is dudemanbu and taualum23 meeting me at Prime Climb after work on Wednesday 7/13 which is probably between the hours of 5 to 6pm for a hour or more of climbing. Since we are finding more and more people in the CT area, we decide to start a group email for PrimeClimb days to meet up there for a few hours of climbing. If you would like to join us on the email list, PM me with your email address, and your name. I will probably begin working on the list tonight and so far we have a total of three people on it. Plus if this thing grows, we might be able to get discounts at PrimeClimb.
I would like to add, females too. I promised my wife I would not have a partner that is a girl, but if we were to all go as a group, and a female is part of the group, then that is okay with her. In short, whether you are a noob like me, female, male, come join us, get in shape with us, and have fun. That is what this is really about, having fun.

wendella

Jul 7, 2005, 10:53 PM
Post #39 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Iman74,

Thanks for the nod to chicks... but that's just too early for me to get there after work from Stamford (work often extends far past 5). If you guys ever go later or on weekends, let me know. Always fun to see a new gym.

:) Wendy

pcooke

Jul 8, 2005, 12:02 AM
Post #40 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Wendy,
When I make it to Prime Climb I usually get there around 6:30 and will often stay right up until closing at 10 and am always in need of a climbing partner.

alex234

Jul 8, 2005, 1:19 AM
Post #41 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey guys,
just saw the thread and figured id leave u all a message. My name is alex, live in barkhamsted Ct. Dont really do any gym climbing until the winter when i cant get outside or get tired of climbin on my woodie and then im up at school in western MA. Been to Stone Age, Ollies, and Prime Climb. usually go to stone age though cause its the closest to me. As for gear and such i have a full rack and a crashpad. Can flash 11s sport, trad 8s, and boulder v4-5. Usually climb at pinnicle or ragged both when im home and at school. Would definately like to meeet up with u guys sometime and climb at pinnicle or ragged for the day. pm me if anybody wants to go sometime.

wendella

Jul 8, 2005, 2:58 AM
Post #42 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
When I make it to Prime Climb I usually get there around 6:30 and will often stay right up until closing at 10 and am always in need of a climbing partner.

Great. Count me in for next Wed. Depending on traffic, I might get there by 7, 7:30, 8?

dudemanbu

Jul 8, 2005, 8:02 PM
Post #43 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wend, i'm going to try to get my brother out to go vertical on sunday, he only gym climbs, and i haven't seen him in a while. I wanted to get him to the gunks, but no luck on that one. :roll: so if you're available, we're probably going to head down for the off peak time.

Partner taualum23

Jul 8, 2005, 8:22 PM
Post #44 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

To those thinking about primeclimb on the e-mail list, I usually can't get down until 5:30 or so, and tend to clibm for a number of hours, so no worries if you can't get there till later, we should all be able to climb together. This would be great. who is in so far fro next wednesday?
We could all also get out for some local rock some evenings.

wendella

Jul 8, 2005, 8:43 PM
Post #45 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
wend, i'm going to try to get my brother out to go vertical on sunday, he only gym climbs, and i haven't seen him in a while. I wanted to get him to the gunks, but no luck on that one. so if you're available, we're probably going to head down for the off peak time.

I'm up for climbing on Sunday. Their "off-peak" hours on Sun. are listed as 6-8 only ($13). 10am-6pm is peak ($17). Just let me know when you guys plan on showing up. I was actually there last sunday at 10am and it was vacant, but I suspect that was a fluke due to the holiday weekend...

reno

Jul 8, 2005, 9:09 PM
Post #46 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gang:

I'm going to stop this thread from echoing to the front page, as we've done with other such threads (Front Range Climbers thread, Mass Climbers Thread, Hoosier Climber thread, etc.) It is not getting locked, deleted, altered, or otherwise tampered with. Only stopping the echo to the FP, in order to be fair.

I hope y'all understand. And I've gotta admit, I had no idea there was such climbing in Connecticut. Might have to make a road trip to the NE sometime.

Take care, climb safe.

dudemanbu

Jul 9, 2005, 3:31 AM
Post #47 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

how about a sticky?

pcooke

Jul 9, 2005, 5:56 AM
Post #48 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It turns out I may get some time off Sunday evening..... I was thinking of going to Go Vertical as well if in fact they do decide to be human and give me some free time. I'll let you guys know if that's actually the case and looks like it'll be a reality.
-Pat :idea:

reno

Jul 9, 2005, 8:22 AM
Post #49 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
how about a sticky?

I've brought that to the attention of the other mods and admin folks. I honestly don't know how to sticky a thread other than if I start a thread, I can make it sticky. I'm sure there's probably a way for me to do it, but I don't know how.

I'm pretty computer illeterate that way. Hell, I just found out that I can do more than type stuff in Word and play Free Cell, so bear with me.

I'm working on it, honest. Thanks for understanding.

P.S. That whole computer illeterate part? Can someone tell me what "Format C:" will do?

dudemanbu

Jul 9, 2005, 3:11 PM
Post #50 of 713 (42576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
how about a sticky?

P.S. That whole computer illeterate part? Can someone tell me what "Format C:" will do?

:twisted: you'll win the lotto. :twisted:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook