Forums: Climbing Information: Trip Reports:
Nelson Rocks Preserve, WV...thanks oozingpustule!!!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

climbinganne

Jul 16, 2002, 8:17 AM
Post #1 of 2 (917 views)
Shortcut

Nelson Rocks Preserve, WV...thanks oozingpustule!!!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Nelson Rocks...beautiful place even in the rain!!! I wanted to say thank you to oozingpustule for a great long weekend. The kids and I had a blast. Andrew has Gracie's trail memorized. Stu hooked up me, the kids, stigonrock and mountainrat with deluxe accommodations in the Champe cabin. I had the opportunity to listen the captainprozac's version of a one banjo dueling banjo 'Deliverance' song among other great tunes, it was my pleasure to finally meet you and you are really great with kids too!!! Bryan...my life sucks more than yours...hehe. Really enjoyed climbing with you, even though we are soooo bad together, but what the hey did you expect..dah!!! Climbing a 10 something in the rain?? But we did it, thank god the wet part of the rock had those awesome pockets or we might have been leaving bootie up there. Sorry about the 'draw in the tree' incident...still laughing about that!!! I think we threw 267 rocks, that's my guess!!! How many rocks can you throw at a tree twig in an hour?? I'm told it will cost at least $150.00 to get the camera fixed...FFFFFF. So don't think it's getting fixed too soon. Remember the motto: the sun sometimes shines on a dog's ass too. God, I'm still cracking up. And Ian and Doug and I'm forgetting someone, ahhh old age!!!

Stu...gosh...you promised you would re-tarnish your image!!! I can't express in words how thankful I am for the wonderful weekend. The Preserve is absolutely gorgeous. I see how much work you boys have done and I am in awe of your commitment. I meant it when I said you have a volunteer anytime from PA. You were so generous!! You baby-sat while I climbed during a 'freak' break in the rain. Took us on a beautiful hike and mostly for being so loving to the kids, Uncle Stu. Gracie is a lucky girl!! I really enjoyed getting to know such a fine person. Never a dull moment...teehee!! I will be coming down again, without the rain and I will do the via ferrata next time!!! The climbing there is spectacular, I see why you fell in love with this place. It has been kept the best secret in West Virginia!! People that rave about Seneca have NO CLUE! Thank you again Stuart and looking forward to another weekend in West Virginia at Nelson Rocks...hey maybe a whole week!!!

[ This Message was edited by: climbinganne on 2002-07-16 08:18 ]

[ This Message was edited by: climbinganne on 2002-07-16 15:16 ]

passthepitonspete

Jul 16, 2002, 6:38 PM
Post #2 of 2 (917 views)
Shortcut

Nelson Rocks Preserve, WV...thanks oozingpustule!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Nelson Rocks rocks!

I had a wonderful time there and very much enjoyed Stu's warm hospitality.

I can't wait to get back in the fall,

Thanks again, Stu!

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$3.56 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook