Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Hatcher Pass Alaska: Bolt Removal
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

Partner coldclimb

Jul 19, 2005, 11:24 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1762 views)
Shortcut

Hatcher Pass Alaska: Bolt Removal  (North_America: United_States: North_Carolina: Western: Hawksbill: Upper_Wall)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey to all the local Alaskans that may read this site, I'd like to propose a trip to Hatchers specifically to clean up the double-bolt lines we all know and complain about so much. If anybody has any experience pulling bolts, and wants to help out, I've got a ton of gear, a ton of time, and a lot of desire to get rid of these bolts and broaden my knowledge of all aspects of climbing in general. The two bolt lines in question are on Local Motion and Thin As Ice, on the Monolith and Snowbird Slab in Archangel and Reed Valleys respectively, and are new bolts placed right next to old ones. We all want the old ones gone, but no one seems to be up for putting in any effort, aside from online insulting.

Who wants to get rid of the old bolts? Contact me to set something up. It's about time we stopped whining and arguing like little kids and actually did something worthwhile.

onelung

Jul 19, 2005, 11:36 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1762 views)
Shortcut

Re: Hatcher Pass Alaska: Bolt Removal [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well I have pulled quite a few and I'll be there (well wherever you gave me directions to) Aug 4,5 &6 But You'd have to show me what you want and dont want. (I assume the local community agrees with you) That saturday I would be up for helping where ever I can.

Talk to soon,
bill

micahmcguire

Aug 26, 2005, 12:53 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1762 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

what happened to alaskamountainforum.com? did prez forget to pay the bill?

Partner coldclimb

Aug 26, 2005, 1:45 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1762 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
what happened to alaskamountainforum.com? did prez forget to pay the bill?

More like shyster.... I mean shyper.com is t3h sux0r. They cut the site off with no warning and left a note saying to contact them, instead of being a good company and contacting him first. Then they up and moved offices, so their phones were offline for a few days. Problem was resolved yesterday, site is supposed to be back Friday.

It's a fair trade though. They give us bad service, we give them the finger and go elsewhere. ;)

micahmcguire

Aug 26, 2005, 7:44 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1762 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

how much $$$ a month does Kelsey put up for alaskamountainforum.com anyways? Does hee need help raising this money? I'm sure we could all dig into our front pockets and come up with enough spare change to help his cause!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook