Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

backclipped

Jul 27, 2005, 6:14 AM
Post #1 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

climbingbetty22
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Mmmm...trail next to a river, high desert fauna, that tan-colored welded mud...aiders...was the photo that you used in your profile taken on a First Ascent guided tour up Smith Rocks Monekey Face?

climbingbetty22

Jul 27, 2005, 12:00 PM
Post #2 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Re: climbingbetty22 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah it was the MonkeyFace at Smith Rock. First ascent? No. Its the Pioneer Route. Guided? No. I was climbing with a friend.

By the way, there is a Private Message function where you could have essentially emailed me that question instead of posting it as a thread in a forum. I saw my screen name and I had to blink a couple of times. I thought I was seeing stuff!

Although, it was fun because I got to see my name on the front page! Oh and I get a rate button. Maybe I should rate this! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Partner cracklover

Jul 27, 2005, 1:03 PM
Post #3 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So, this is a thread about climbingbetty22, eh?

Hmm, where shall we start... :twisted:

GO

Partner oldsalt

Jul 27, 2005, 1:15 PM
Post #4 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

OMG! I thought it was a thread in memory of climbingbetty22. You know, how often have we seen the topic: "John Smith", to announce the loss of another beloved pioneer of our sport?

Someday we will all become "Off belay" but I plan for it to be waaay off in the future for me and, God willing, everyone who climbs.

cedk

Jul 27, 2005, 1:17 PM
Post #5 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

She owes me 500 dollars.

Partner jammer

Jul 27, 2005, 1:17 PM
Post #6 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What!!! climbingbetty22's gone. But How???

Partner j_ung

Jul 27, 2005, 1:24 PM
Post #7 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
First ascent? No. Its the Pioneer Route. Guided? No. I was climbing with a friend.

I think he was talking about this: http://www.goclimbing.com/first_ascent/index.html

That is a good profile shot, BTW.

Partner cracklover

Jul 27, 2005, 1:46 PM
Post #8 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
She owes me 500 dollars.

Damn, that's a good chunk of change!

In reply to:
What!!! climbingbetty22's gone. But How???

I heard she tried to take her entire rack up a climb with her. Apparently the rope snapped. Very sad.

GO

feedmerocks

Jul 27, 2005, 1:50 PM
Post #9 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That's one big rack! :shock:

backclipped

Jul 27, 2005, 2:01 PM
Post #10 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Errr, sorry about the "thread" thing. I'm not exactly what one would call internet savy. I'll excercise discretion in the future...how do you post a private message?

Yeah, you're on the Pioneer route; near the top of the bolt ladder above Bohn Street.

Partner cracklover

Jul 27, 2005, 2:02 PM
Post #11 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Hey CB22 - if you're not dead, get yer ass over here! They're making comments about your rack, you've got some asses to kick! Hahahaha!

Actually, I heard she got it augmented recently. Maybe that's not true, though, since the story had something about aliens in it. :lol:

GO

Partner jammer

Jul 27, 2005, 2:38 PM
Post #12 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Hey CB22 - if you're not dead, get yer ass over here! They're making comments about your rack, you've got some asses to kick! Hahahaha!

Actually, I heard she got it augmented recently. Maybe that's not true, though, since the story had something about aliens in it. :lol:

GO

Shouldn't pick on the departed like that. They'll come back to haunt you, ya know! BTW, go a picture of the rack she was carrying??

Partner cracklover

Jul 27, 2005, 2:54 PM
Post #13 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

GO

Shouldn't pick on the departed like that. They'll come back to haunt you, ya know! BTW, go a picture of the rack she was carrying??

I'm not picking on her. She was always quite proud of her rack. But handjammer, you seem awfully curious about it - morbidly curious, I'd say. Well, I guess I do have one photo you might like. I snuck this one past the censors at rc.com.

GO

Partner taino

Jul 27, 2005, 2:59 PM
Post #14 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No Aliens?

Can't be a Gunks climber without Aliens and tricams. It's in the fine print.

T

Partner jammer

Jul 27, 2005, 3:02 PM
Post #15 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

GO

I'm not picking on her. She was always quite proud of her rack. But you seem awfully curious about it. Well, as it happens, I guess I do have one photo you might like. I snuck this one past the censors at rc.com.

GO

:shock: :shock: :shock: Can I touch them??? PLEASE?? PLEASE ??? They look so nice laid out like that, begin' to be played with! They look so real ... I don't thing she had anything done to them ... so natural!

Partner cracklover

Jul 27, 2005, 3:10 PM
Post #16 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

GO

I'm not picking on her. She was always quite proud of her rack. But you seem awfully curious about it. Well, as it happens, I guess I do have one photo you might like. I snuck this one past the censors at rc.com.

GO

:shock: :shock: :shock: Can I touch them??? PLEASE?? PLEASE ??? They look so nice laid out like that, begin' to be played with! They look so real ... I don't thing she had anything done to them ... so natural!

Dude, you are one sick puppy. Seriously, get help. The poor girl's dead. If I'd known you were going to respond like that I never would have posted it.

And Taino - picking on the dead like that. Both of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Especially since supposedly she does have aliens now - and who knows, that extra weight may have been the straw that broke the camel's back (or the rope, in this case). Horrible - just horrible.

GO

Partner jammer

Jul 27, 2005, 3:27 PM
Post #17 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

GO

GO

Dude, you are one sick puppy. Seriously, get help. The poor girl's dead. If I'd known you were going to respond like that I never would have posted it.

And Taino - picking on the dead like that. Both of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Especially since supposedly she does have aliens now - and who knows, that extra weight may have been the straw that broke the camel's back (or the rope, in this case). Horrible - just horrible.

GO

My GOD! The Aliens are comming!! War of the Worlds was prophetic?? Nowhere to hide ... must find a cave ...

zozo

Jul 27, 2005, 3:28 PM
Post #18 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Did she meet the same fate as climbingbetty1 - 21?

dingus

Jul 27, 2005, 3:31 PM
Post #19 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I snuck this one past the censors at rc.com.

GO

Damn, thats a heavy looking rack! Camalots AND old school ovals and D's. Pendulous you might say.

DMT

climbingbetty22

Jul 27, 2005, 3:41 PM
Post #20 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Well, remember boys, she has not one, but TWO racks. Neither of which are skimpy. Both have been called 'prefect' my many. :P

crimpandgo

Jul 27, 2005, 3:53 PM
Post #21 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Well, remember boys, she has not one, but TWO racks. Neither of which are skimpy. Both have been called 'prefect' my many. :P

Its not the size of the rack that is important..... Its how you use them that counts :):)

shakylegs

Jul 27, 2005, 3:56 PM
Post #22 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm of the Henry Barber school of thought: more than an handful is a waste.

Partner jammer

Jul 27, 2005, 3:58 PM
Post #23 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I was shown one rack that made me drool, care to show me the other one you're talking about???

climbingbetty22

Jul 27, 2005, 4:03 PM
Post #24 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That's what I mean by perfect. There is a such thing as too big. As one of my male friends use to say, "more then a mouthful is just a waste." Ahh...err....wait :? Now that I think about that, a cam wouldn't fit very well in one's mouth (grinspoon, you little lurker, I hope if you read that you are now dying laughing as per last night's conversation). He must have been talking about some other rack. But when it comes to a climbing rack, size does count! It's all about size. Some would say its too big (cracklover, orangekyak) but I think she's just about perfect. She needs a grey and a red alien though. Green and yellow have been acquired since that photo was taken.

GO-what I really need now is a shot with both racks! It just occurred to me that I have no pictures of myself leading on gear. :(

Partner cracklover

Jul 27, 2005, 4:27 PM
Post #25 of 64 (8527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

She's alive! Hooray!

In reply to:
GO-what I really need now is a shot with both racks! It just occurred to me that I have no pictures of myself leading on gear. :(

You know, you may be on to something. I think it could be artfully done. 8^)

GO

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook