RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

bigsauce

Jul 21, 2002, 7:04 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1243 views)
Shortcut

Chiang Mai Thailand climbing
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Work is bringing me back to Thailand and I would love to take some time and explore new climbing areas. I have a few weeks in Chaing Mai in late November-early December. I will be traveling the whole country though and would love to hear from people all over the country.
Thanks...

judy

Jul 22, 2002, 8:51 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1243 views)
Shortcut

Chiang Mai Thailand climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hi
i'm thai i everr lived in chaingmai there are hve rock climbing about 30 min from town or u can check more information from the peak rock climbing in night bazza or if u come to bkk have indoor gym and real roc kfor climb aobut 2 hr fromm bkk but the gym it in the city if u need more info e-mail to me : lux_7j@yahoo.com i'm climber as u

kwango

Jul 22, 2002, 11:37 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1243 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Welcome back to Thailand . As Judy has mentioned, apart from Krabi there's a bunch of climbing that you can now do in Chiangmai, Bangkok and near Bangkok; all sport climbing still. The wall in Chiangmai is really close to town and has some great routes. Necessary contacts that you might want are given for each area in Thailand page of www.rockclimbing.com
But if you need additional pointers or would like to know more about other activities just drop me an email.

barbara

Jul 24, 2002, 6:42 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1243 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The Chiang Mai crag is very nice & well worth a few visits. On our recent trip we found the folks at the Peak a little cagey with information, however spot on directions can be found on the ever-wonderful Simon Foley's site: http://www.simonfoley.com/climbing/chiangmai.htm .
Our own day out there is written up at
http://www.ourreallybigadventure.com/southeastasia/Thailand/crazy_horse.html if you're interested (still no topo though)

kwango

Jul 29, 2002, 9:26 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1243 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you want to buy a topo and climb yourself then ask for Josh Morris at the Peak Climbing Wall or at Cat's Bar near there. He's developing and maintaining the crag and sells photocopied topo for Baht 150 (US$ 3.5)
As mentioned, all this is explained and contacts are given in the Thailand / Chiangmai page in www.rockclimbing.com

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$16.16 (10% off)
$17.95 (10% off)
$19.76 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook