Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
BETA for Hideout Hollow, Compton, AR
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

cyberclimber

Jul 24, 2002, 7:55 AM
Post #1 of 3 (2065 views)
Shortcut

BETA for Hideout Hollow, Compton, AR  (North_America: United_States: Arkansas: Buffalo_National_River: Hideout_Hollow)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey. I'm planning to do some caving near Compton, AR next week (had to wait till it got warm enough to make sure ALL the ticks and chiggers and mosquitos and knats would be ready for me ) I would love to check out the rock climbing at Hideout Hollow but haven't been able to find much on it. Anybody out there have any BETA, route descriptions, directions, access info, topos or anything else I might find helpful?
Post here, PM me or drop me an e-mail at: okiediver0@yahoo.com
Thanks

Cmon, are there no arkansas climbers out there? I'm sinking to the bottom of the page and not one responce. How bout rradam? You have climbed everywhere, right? Somebody must have some beta.

[ This Message was edited by: cyberclimber on 2002-07-25 08:02 ]

cyberclimber

Jul 26, 2002, 5:01 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2065 views)
Shortcut

BETA for Hideout Hollow, Compton, AR [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I know it is cheesy to answer your own posting, but someone out there surely has some beta on Hideout Hollow, AR and this posting sank so low even I could hardly find it
How about it Arkansas climbers? Anybody

Roo1986

Oct 11, 2011, 8:23 AM
Post #3 of 3 (800 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cyberclimber] BETA for Hideout Hollow, Compton, AR [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was out there this last weekend, and this area is almost completely undeveloped. There is potential for some really hard stuff that is only about 40 ft tall or so. And there are some face trad climbs to be done as well. I have just sent an email to a park ranger asking about installing anchors out there, so I'll let you know what I find out. There is a decent amount of bouldering out there too, but the brush is pretty high right now and I didn't explore that near as much as the cliff line.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook