Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Spring Dome?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

fng

Jul 13, 2005, 1:43 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1772 views)
Shortcut

Spring Dome?  (North_America: United_States: California: Western_Sierra: Courtright_Reservoir)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Last weekend I was at Courtright and climbing a couple of the domes. One of the routes we climbed was not in the guide book. The route is on the south side of Spring Dome closest to the camp ground. It starts with an overhanging roof off the ground with bomber hands and no feet. You pull up and do an upper body dino to another hold with a heel hook with your right foot and a side pull with your right hand. You pull up from there to mantle a small 8" bench at the same time grabbing a crimpy under cling to keep you from peeling off. The rest of the route is easy maybe 5.5 with these perfect holes, like they were drilled, that perfectly fit tricams and cams of various sizes. There are two bolts on the route and the rest is protected by pro. Has anyone done this route, and what would you rate the climb to the second bolt? Fun climb!

boltdude

Jul 16, 2005, 11:55 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1772 views)
Shortcut

Re: Spring Dome? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think that route is a John Barbella route from the mid '90s, rated 5.10. Done ground-up (first bolt placed from a stacked pile of rocks!), pockets are natural. Or maybe that's a different route...

fng

Aug 30, 2005, 3:52 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It could be the same route. To the left of it 10-15 yards is a traversing roof to start and then a lyback(spelling?) for 10' or so to easier climbing. I'm curious what that route is as well if you know.

elwes

Jul 24, 2006, 2:02 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the route is a one move wonder to get to the under cling. if it's by the camp ground, then I know it. t's got one hard move and then that's it.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook