RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

Partner fowler214

Oct 6, 2005, 4:37 PM
Post #1 of 11 (2275 views)
Shortcut

Beginner/Intermediate partner need in Carrollton TX
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have been climbing for a little over 2 months now. I have been through 2 fundamentals courses and climb 3 times a week at Exposure in Carrollton. I have been going in by my self for the most part to work on my hand and feet skills but I am getting tiered of just moving left and right around the gym. If any one is up to going let me know

Partner fowler214

Nov 2, 2005, 8:15 PM
Post #2 of 11 (2275 views)
Shortcut

Re: Beginner/Intermediate partner need in Carrollton TX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok, so after 120 people have looked at this no one has said anything. Being a nOOb sucks. So I am offering my services as a belay bi**h. To get some pointers

duppyc

Nov 2, 2005, 8:53 PM
Post #3 of 11 (2275 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Good Luck!! Finding reliable partners when new sucks

troutboy

Nov 2, 2005, 9:09 PM
Post #4 of 11 (2275 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Ok, so after 120 people have looked at this no one has said anything. Being a nOOb sucks. So I am offering my services as a belay bi**h. To get some pointers

No, I'm afraid being a MALE noob sucks when it comes to finding a partner here :D

Don't sweat it. I'm nowhere near a noob, not an ax murderer, fairly well-mannered and I'm lucky if I get more than 1 response to a partner request. Nature of the beast (rc.com, that is).

You'll find some partners eventually.

T

Nov 2, 2005, 9:36 PM
Post #5 of 11 (2275 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I might be able to belay you once I'm able to put weight on both legs again... having a broken leg sucks.

Partner crgwhe

Nov 3, 2005, 5:19 AM
Post #6 of 11 (2275 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I might be able to belay you once I'm able to put weight on both legs again... having a broken leg sucks.
You really should stay off transportation devices containing only 2 wheels.

Hey fowler214....originally I was going to climb at Mineral Wells with the Texas Mountaineers on the 26th of this month but it looks like they have decided to hold the November club climb at Quartz Mountain instead on the 12th (can't go, will be camping with the Scouts that day).
If the climb on the 26th is canceled, I still might go to MWSP if you would like to join me. Karma, you can come too. I need someone wearing a cast to throw pebbles at from the top of a route.
I'm waiting for a reply on the TM forum to see what they are going to do but I'll let you know.

chernabog

Nov 5, 2005, 1:39 AM
Post #7 of 11 (2275 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I would be up for MWSP on the 26th. With or w/o TM... Keep me in the loop. Can't do the 12 either.

Partner crgwhe

Nov 5, 2005, 3:08 AM
Post #8 of 11 (2275 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Looks like the TM is having 2 club climbs/camps this month. I'll be at MWSP on the 26th for the club climb. I might arrive the day before and stay till the 27th. I'd like to get some canoeing done in addition to a day of climbing.
Why not come out and join us for a day of climbing? I'm bringing 3 sets of TR gear but only have 1 rope.

sport_climbertx

Nov 7, 2005, 7:19 PM
Post #9 of 11 (2275 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i should be able to make it. if i do go then i can bring my rope.

kovacs69

Nov 9, 2005, 3:49 AM
Post #10 of 11 (2275 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey guys,

Just caught onto your thread. Looks like you guys need another partner in the loop. I am game. I also have 4 other people I climb with on a semi regular basis. The only problem you may have with me...I hate MW and am not too fond of POB. POB is ok but I am not in good enough shape to pull limestone all day long.

Recently I have been going to Quartz, Robbers Cave and Horseshoe Canyon in Arkansas. I was actually considering going to Robbers Cave this weekend.

Also, if you need a rope I can give yo a link to a web site where they sell short ropes that are great both in type and price. Why ruin a long rope on a 30ft cliff?

Jon

kovacs69

Nov 18, 2005, 3:56 PM
Post #11 of 11 (2275 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am going to Robbers Cave State Park in Oklahoma on Sunday. If any of you want to go I may have room for one more person in my car. I will know by tomorrow if I have room. If I don't have room and you still want to go you are more than welcome to follow me up there. Its about 3 hours at 75mph so I will be going kinda fast. I will be leaving at 7am from Richardson and coming back around 2:30-3:30 probably. Its supposed to be chilly...about 45 when we get there and probably about 55 when we leave. But we all know how the weather is. If it looks like it is going to be too cold I will probably cancel. I am planning on climbing 5.7 to 5.8. I am taking many people that have not climbed outdoors before so it should be interesting. Cold and newbs...can we say fun. If you do ride in my car all I ask if $10 for gas and no farting...lol. BTW - I got all the gear needed for setting multiple top ropes so all u need is your shoes, harness and snacks.

Drop me a PM if you are interested and I will see if I can fit you in.

JB

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook