Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Where to climb near Las Vegas
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

burseypoo

Oct 16, 2005, 12:38 AM
Post #1 of 3 (2324 views)
Shortcut

Where to climb near Las Vegas  (North_America: United_States: Nevada: Red_Rock_Canyon: A_Red_Rock_Overview)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am going on a trip in January to las vegas with my parents. My dad said he would belay me on some sport routes (I'm not getting him mixed up in trad,). Is Red Rocks close (within 30 minutes) of las vegas. If so, what/where should I climb with an easy approach, and moderate, one pitch sport routes? Thanks.

burseypoo

Oct 16, 2005, 12:39 AM
Post #2 of 3 (2322 views)
Shortcut

Where to climb near Las Vegas [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am going on a trip in January to las vegas with my parents. My dad said he would belay me on some sport routes (I'm not getting him mixed up in trad,). Is Red Rocks close (within 30 minutes) of las vegas. If so, what/where should I climb with an easy approach, and moderate, one pitch sport routes? Thanks.

flamer

Oct 16, 2005, 12:59 AM
Post #3 of 3 (2322 views)
Shortcut

Re: Where to climb near Las Vegas [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It depends where you are in Vegas, and how bad the traffic is.....from the strip you can make it in 30-45 minutes depending on which way you go and, again traffic. Check out the gallery at the second pullout....it will be warm in January the approach is minimal(but does invlove some scrambling) and there are several easy/moderate sport routes. There are plenty of places that fit your discription so shop around a bit....

josh

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook