RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

kadyakerbob

Oct 30, 2005, 10:53 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1418 views)
Shortcut

Alpine partner for hard cascade climbs
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

looking for a experienced climbing partner for the cascades. i live in eugene, Oregon and there isnt a ton of alpine climbers in town. Looking for someone who wants to do stuff like watusi rodeo on colonial, yocum ridge on hood ect... I can be available whenever but mostly weekends.

porcelainsunset

Nov 4, 2005, 5:07 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1418 views)
Shortcut

Re: Alpine partner for hard cascade climbs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey,

No real technical experience on ice and snow, but am definitely going in that direction. Headed to the ouray ice fest this winter, and looking to do some ice climbing in the gorge. I'm young, and looking for lessons from wiser climbers on snow and ice. If you would be interested in taking a noob up with you, I would be more than happy to learn, split gas, and follow whatever I could. I'm from Portland, but head to Eugene frequently. I would love to trump around in the Cascades more, as I have lived so close for so long, but have virtually no summits. That said, PM me if your interested. Also, if anybody else is looking for someone to follow, I would be glad to learn all that I can. Thanks.

kadyakerbob

Nov 4, 2005, 7:10 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1418 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

that could be possible. heres a check list though.
1) two ice tools
2) crampons
3) balls
4) determination

if you got those four things then sure i could take you up some stuff. If you have room in your car for the ice festival for one more that would be nice too. great place to start out and learn stuff. let me know. also next weekend if your down how does the north face of hood sound?

guanoboy

Nov 4, 2005, 7:56 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1418 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i've been itching to do the eve dearborne memorial route. Any other hard routes in mind???

I work in Winthrop quite a bit each year. pm me.

porcelainsunset

Nov 4, 2005, 8:26 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1418 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Old crampons, check, good plastic boots, check, ice ax, check, balls and determination, double check. Still working on the set of Ice Tools however, but that will come in the near future. As for the north side of Hood, that sounds awesome, I'm wide open next weekend, and would love to do it.

As for Ouray, I was originally going to drive my car all the way, taking whatever climbing trash I found wanting to go. However, Joe from climb max recently offered me a ride, place to stay, and a job at the climb max booth there. This is all tentative of course, as nothing in the climbing world is written in stone. But, if that dose not work out, I would be happy to give you a ride to Ouray, most of the details are still up in the air. I also might be able to convince my climbing buddy Mike to come along to, so that would make three, making gas cost somewhere around $80 a person round trip.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook