RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

wandt

Dec 20, 2000, 7:23 AM
Post #1 of 1 (1352 views)
Shortcut

Help with long matches and semi dynos
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey Colin,
Without knowing the specifics of the route, all I can suggest is concentrate on your feet. They are the key to climbing success. For when you\'re all spread out, try to get your feet balanced out before your try anything else. Get them high and relatively stable. Depending on how overhanging the route is, try toehooks. (refer to the \"Bleau trailer part 1\" on the Pusher website (www.pusher.com) to see an excellent toehook. For long upwards reaches, get your feet way up high and try to explode to the hold. Try to time your grab so you\'re gripping the hold at the moment when your upward momentum ceases but your not falling back down yet. (Hence the name \"deadpoint\".) But footwork really is the key. Keep \'em high and spread whenever you can. Good luck, I hope this helped.
-Nick
colink (Colin K) wrote:

>Recently I was rock climbing on a bouldering wall at a local gym and had a hard time on one specific route. There were many long reaches which I got used to after awhile. after I made the long reach my limbs were very spread out and had a very hard time getting my other hand over to the adjacent hold. If any of you experienced climbers have tips for me I would like to know them!
>Thanks
>colin
>

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook