Forums: Community: Campground:
TRAGEDY ACROSS THE UNITED STATES: We're under attack.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Partner pianomahnn

Sep 11, 2001, 3:08 PM
Post #1 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

TRAGEDY ACROSS THE UNITED STATES: We're under attack.
Report this Post
Can't Post

For those of you who don't know it, the United States was hit by some horrible terrorist attacks early today.

I know very little at this time, but will continue to post information as soon as possible.

If you are contrubuting to this post please do not spread rumors. We do not need to upset people even more.

[ This Message was edited by: pianomahnn on 2001-09-11 08:41 ]

[ This Message was edited by: broganadams on 2001-09-11 11:22 ]

Partner pianomahnn

Sep 11, 2001, 3:23 PM
Post #2 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

TRAGEDY ACROSS THE UNITED STATES: We're under attack. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

2 planes crashed into the world trade center. The south building has now collapsed.
1 plane has crashed into the Pentagon
1 plane has crashed on a main interstate/highway in washington DC
The washington mall is on fire
They are evacuating the pentagon (duh), and the white house.

Get serious folks...this could very well spell War.

If anyone has family members in these areas...my heart goes out to you.

Partner pianomahnn

Sep 11, 2001, 3:27 PM
Post #3 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A car bomb has just exploded outside of the State Department.

Partner pianomahnn

Sep 11, 2001, 3:30 PM
Post #4 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Now the 2nd of the Twin Towers has collapsed. There are NO more twin towers in existance.

I feel like crying.

Partner pianomahnn

Sep 11, 2001, 3:32 PM
Post #5 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There is a highjacked plane on route to Washington as I type this.

Partner pianomahnn

Sep 11, 2001, 3:40 PM
Post #6 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A plane just crashed at SOmmerset Airport in Pennsylvania.

Partner pianomahnn

Sep 11, 2001, 3:54 PM
Post #7 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Report of car bomb at the state department has been revoked. Not true.

Partner pianomahnn

Sep 11, 2001, 4:05 PM
Post #8 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[ This Message was edited by: pianomahnn on 2001-09-11 09:06 ]

ratstar

Sep 11, 2001, 4:42 PM
Post #9 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bush has declared a national investigation.

ratstar

Sep 11, 2001, 4:48 PM
Post #10 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

They are now notifying family and publicly releasing the flight numbers. The first plane to crash was hijacked the second was still the pilot! I cant believe that this was so well planned. Some one is saying that the airport employees were shouting "Fort Knox" as the attacks were happening.

Partner pianomahnn

Sep 11, 2001, 4:50 PM
Post #11 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

FROM MSNBC.COM (link)
----------------------------------------
NEW YORK, Sept. 11 — Americans reeled in horror Tuesday as the worst terrorist attack in U.S. history saw two planes crash into the World Trade Center, toppling the twin 110-story towers. An explosion later rocked the Pentagon in Washington, where the White House and all other federal buildings were being evacuated. Military jets patrolled the skies while the FAA grounded all civilian aircraft nationwide, but not before reports of another plane crashing in Pennsylvania. President Bush vowed to “hunt down the folks who committed this act.”
THE FATE OF those in the twin skyscrapers was not immediately known. Authorities had been trying to evacuate the thousands of people who work in the towers when they collapsed, trapping rescuers and workers. Much of Manhattan was being evacuated.
“I swear I’ve never seen anything like this,” said MSNBC’s Ashleigh Banfield. “This whole place is like a complete war zone.”
At the Pentagon, officials said an aircraft crashed into part of the sprawling complex. Walls were later seen to have collapsed.
At the State Department, an earlier report of a car bomb proved to be unfounded.
In New York, the aircraft struck minutes apart, starting fires and sending smoke billowing out of the skyscrapers. The top of the south tower later collapsed onto the street below.
The first crash happened shortly before 9 a.m. ET.
MSNBC.com reporter Martin Wolk, who was inside one of the towers, said the lights flickered and then a loud bang was heard. People panicked and started to flee the building.
When they reached the lobby, smoke started to fill the building and people could see debris falling and many cars outside were damaged. “It was sheer pandemonium, people were screaming and crying, afraid to go outside because of the falling debris,” Wolk said. “We looked up and it looked like the top 20 floors were in flames.”
Another bystander described a barrage of debris raining down on the sidewalk below.

Shortly after 9 a.m., a second aircraft was seen crashing into the other tower. Broadcast cameras already watching the scene filmed the second plane as it slammed into the tower and exploded in a huge fireball.
A half hour later, President Bush made a brief statement to reporters, calling the disaster a “national tragedy” and attributing it to terrorists. He did not cite any specific terrorist groups but vowed to “hunt down the folks who committed this act.”
U.S. military jets reportedly took to the skies to shoot down any unidentified aircraft, and congressional leaders were taken to secure locations. A plane was reported to have been circling the Capitol building before the evacuation.
American Airlines later acknowledged that one of its flights had been hijacked Tuesday morning shortly after leaving Boston en route to Los Angeles.
The second plane might have flown out of Newark, a U.S. official said, speaking on
condition of anonymity.
In the wake of the crashes, New York airports and the Lincoln Tunnel were closed as precautionary measures. The stock exchanges in New York also did not open.
Large holes were visible in sides of the 110-story buildings. The tops of the twin towers were obscured by the smoke.
Thousands of pieces of what appeared to be office paper came drifting over Brooklyn, about three miles from the tower, one witness said.
Click on the image for reports of the terrorism attacks.
In an earlier terrorist attack, the center was bombed on Feb. 26, 1993, killing six people and injured more than 1,000 others. Terrorist Ramzi Yousef and three others were convicted of orchestrating the attack. Three other indicted co-conspirators remain at large.
Traffic entering New York City from New Jersey was at a standstill approaching the Holland Tunnel as motorists stood outside their cars watching the fire.
Across the country, highrises like Chicago’s Sears Trade tower were being evacuated as a precaution. Buildings were also being evacuated in London.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

krillen

Sep 11, 2001, 4:50 PM
Post #12 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Details I've gathered so far from news etc. It's messy Iknow, but I'm sure you'll understand.

> >From what I've heard from various news sources:
> >1.) A plane from boston to LA was highjacked
>
>yep, and one from Newark, one from Dulles (Washington), one from Colorado,
>and several others.
>
> >2.) Both towers of the world trade centre have been hit by >planes and
>collapsed on themselves
>
>three planes, both towers down and a lot of other stuff by them wrecked.
>
> >3.) The pentagon has been hit (or a near miss, conflicting >reports) by
>another crahsed plane. Several levels there have >collapsed.
>
>yep. supposedly a lot of generals and admirals killed/injured.
>
> >4.) Yet anoter highjacked plane crashed in Penn. jsut after >take off
>
>i heard that plane had some "assistance" in crashing...i.e. it was shot
>down
>before it could get to NYC or other northern target.
>
> >5.) There are still several unaccounted for planes in the air >in the
>states right now. Investigators are looking into it.
>
>two or three, maybe the one shot down was one of them.
>
> >6.) Palestinian group claimed responsibility for >the
>first
>crash, maybe more.
>
>and then denied it. i think i;d be blaming anyone else right now...hoping
>their country gets smoked.
>
> >7.) there are also rumours of the west wing of the white house >being hit
>as well.
>
>yep. no confirmation yet.

ratstar

Sep 11, 2001, 4:51 PM
Post #13 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

President Bush is on Air Force One. Safely. The secret service is not releasing information on his whereabouts for safety reasons. How is the situation on the plane heading for the white house?

ratstar

Sep 11, 2001, 4:58 PM
Post #14 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is rediculous. Just dont bomb my bouldering rocks. Please.

ratstar

Sep 11, 2001, 5:02 PM
Post #15 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I JUST SAW the building I work in come down, said businessman Gabriel Ioan, shaking in shock outside City Hall a cloud of smoke and ash from the World Trade Center behind him. I just saw the top of Trade Two come down.
MSNBC.com producer Steve Johnson, standing about six blocks from the towers in lower Manhattan, was also an eyewitness to the collapse. About five minutes before the tower fell you could see people jumping from the upper floors. I watched six either fall or jump ... The police rolled up [in] vans. Suddenly the top of [the] just shattered into tens of thousands of pieces. You could see the walls peel away. The whole thing just disappeared. Then the smoke came up. The cops started yelling, Get back! Run! Get away! I ran inside a hotel, and it went black outside because of the dust. Nearby a crowd mobbed a man on a pay phone, screaming at him to get off the phone so that they could call relatives. Dust and dirt flew everywhere. Ash was 2 to 3 inches deep in places. People wandered dazed and terrified. I was in the World Financial Center looking out the window, said one woman. I saw the first plane and then 15 minutes later saw the other plane just slam into the World Trade Center.

PEOPLE SCREAMING ... DIVING FOR COVER
Another eyewitness, AP newsman Dunstan Prial, described a strange sucking sound from the Trade Center buildings after the first building collapsed.
Windows shattered. People were screaming and diving for cover. People walked around like ghosts, covered in dirt, weeping and wandering
dazed.
It sounded like a jet or rocket, said Eddie Gonzalez, a postal worker at a post office on West Broadway. I looked up and saw a huge explosion. I didnt see the impact. I just saw the explosion.
Morning commuters heading into Manhattan were stranded as the Lincoln Tunnel was shut down to incoming traffic. Many left their cars and stood on the ramp leading to the tunnel, staring in disbelief at the thick cloud of smoke pouring from the top of the two buildings. On the streets of Manhattan, people stood in groups talking quietly or watching on television at ground-level network studios.
Joan Goldstein, communications project leader for The Associated Press, was on a bus from New Jersey at about 8:50 a.m. when she saw smoke pouring out of the World Trade Center building. We said, Oh, my God! The World Trade Centers on fire!
Perhaps 10 minutes later, All of a sudden, there was an orange plume, a huge explosion. It shot out the back of the building. Everybody on the bus was just moaning and gasping, said Goldstein, who wept and trembled as she spoke. The plume was from the second plane, but she didnt see the plane because of the thick smoke. She tried to call friends who work there, but couldnt get through. It was the most horrible thing Ive ever seen in my life, said Goldstein.

ratstar

Sep 11, 2001, 5:03 PM
Post #16 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

from msnbc.com

blackaven

Sep 11, 2001, 7:45 PM
Post #17 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think that the worst thing about this is that there is no one to fight back against! the number one suspect is usama bin ladin but I've read a bit about him and even if you wiped out him and his followers it would do nothing. He is just one of the many terrorist organizations from the east. welcome to war in 2001....you never know who your enemies are

everything has changed

[ This Message was edited by: blackaven on 2001-09-11 12:46 ]

krillen

Sep 11, 2001, 8:01 PM
Post #18 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Camakazi: Are you honestly saying your Dad died in this mayhem? pardon my lack of abject belief, but I've been snowed before. If he was I do appologize and you have my condolences, but don't take this lightly. A violent tragedy like this is not something to play with.

ontherocks

Sep 11, 2001, 10:00 PM
Post #19 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm not an American citizen, but all the people that I spoke with in my country (Spain) were sad about this. On such a tragedies people feel identify with victims. All of them were also very angry about all this violence.

I was in Washington, DC this morning when all happened. When I left the city the streets were almost empty but you could see the smoke at the Pentagon from some miles away.

trevor
Anonymous Poster

Sep 11, 2001, 10:14 PM
Post #20 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's nice to know that Europe supports us. Sometimes we have our differences and I'm very glad that they support us. Unfortunately I have no more "love" and "peace" for Palestinians who danced in the street while thousands of innocent people died in America. Maybe I just don't understand other people's culture. But then again I don't understand rapist, murders, and child abusers either.

I want revenge against whomever who did this. And I'm willing to support the US government in whatever Machievelian action they seem fit.

I realize that maybe I'm just angry over everything but this is just wrong. I now am starting to understand what my grandparents felt towards their enemies in WWII.

kriso9tails

Sep 11, 2001, 10:56 PM
Post #21 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

But what you are feeling right now towards the Paletisnians is what they have been feeling for the United States, thus the reason why they are dancing. Will you dance if they get bombed?

The thing that truly bothers me about this issue is that so many innocent people had to die. I would feel the same way if it were innocent Palestinians, or from any other country.

I believe that the United States needs to retaliate, afterall, I believe in an eye for an eye. What I couldn't support is another Hiroshima.

I am somewhat removed from the issue so I can't say what's right or wrong here, but I do hope that the U.S. can settle their score and do right by the fallen.

[ This Message was edited by: kriso9tails on 2001-09-11 15:56 ]

robydonn

Sep 11, 2001, 10:57 PM
Post #22 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am in total agreement with Trevor. I was absolutely deep in anger when I saw them people celebrating. I love all, but when this attack happened I am 100% American. A girl I work with who is from Croatia, says "This is what it is like where I come from" Woke me up.
God Bless America!!!

fiend

Sep 12, 2001, 1:01 AM
Post #23 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kr6er your reply, along with some others here, was unnecessary, uniformed and unintelligent.

"...your[sic] a pig like they are!"

bigotry \Big"ot*ry\, n. [Cf. F. bigoterie.]
1. The state of mind of a bigot; obstinate and unreasoning attachment of one's own belief and opinions, with narrow-minded intolerance of beliefs opposed to them.

Yup that sounds about right.

ontherocks

Sep 12, 2001, 1:16 AM
Post #24 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I hope that soon we will know who did it and that they will be punished, and only they.

About some Palestinians dancing, brainless people are everywhere. Let ignore them.

robydonn

Sep 12, 2001, 1:33 AM
Post #25 of 34 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kr6er,
Who are you talking to?????
You seem to be venomous against....What?
If you you believe the Pali's are innocent, you have another thing coming--- Wait a minute--- Our President is talkinkg----

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook