Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Tollhouse Notice
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

fungusamungus

Nov 23, 2005, 12:03 AM
Post #1 of 1 (951 views)
Shortcut

Tollhouse Notice  (North_America: United_States: California: Western_Sierra: Yosmite_Fitness)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

For all that hang out at the gym and then go out to climb Tollhouse.........LEARN OUTDOOR RATINGS!!! A mystery topo appeared on the Tollhouse page (under the name of Hippo Wall posted by bluehorseshoe) and renamed routes and rerated an already established series of routes. The area being mentioned is Tollhouse Slab (NOT Hippo Wall....never was called that!). Overnight, somehow a few of these routes became 5.10's. I'm setting the record straight young guys and gals, there is nothing...and I mean NOTHING.....that is harder than 5.8! Maybe a few tough 5.9 starts but nothing that warrants 5.10! Either stay in the gym or learn about outdoor ratings and ethics. For the person who placed the topo on the Tollhouse page, it has been removed. And another thing, don't list names to routes you have no clue what they are really named. That goes for the climb I put up on the far left side called 'Taking A Bath With Strangers' (5.8+) F.A. R. Hayashi and D. Daly (1997).

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook