Premier Sponsor:

blackaven

Sep 11, 2001, 7:17 PM
Post #1 of 14 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Where were you?
Report this Post
Can't Post

I heard more than a few reporters say that this is one of those days that you will always remember where you were when you first heard the news because it's the last time the world was as you knew it.

I was waking up. I had gone to bed at 3 am the night before and at around 12 am mom came to my room and said "you might want to get up because..." I figured she was going to say "so that you will be able to sleep tonight" (I was trying to shift my sleeping schedule back to days after being on night shift) but instead she says "because the united states is under attack, the 2 world trade center towers have been hit as well as the pentagon"

my first words were "what the ****?"

climberchk

Sep 11, 2001, 11:03 PM
Post #2 of 14 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Where were you? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was in French II, on the first day of school. It was heart breaking news, to hear that someone could be so ruthless! It makes me sick.

sonofspork

Sep 11, 2001, 11:17 PM
Post #3 of 14 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was sleeping, and my mom came in and woke me up. She said turn on the TV. I did, and the first thing I saw was a jet going into a building. I was like " Oh my god! What is going on." I have been disturbed by that thought all day. One distant family member was supposed to be working as security today. Luckily he took the day off to pick up another relative from the airport.

marcsv

Sep 12, 2001, 12:00 AM
Post #4 of 14 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i was watching this thing on the discovery channel when the phone rang, it was my friend who instructed me to drop whaterver it is that i am doing and tune into cnn. i did i saw the actual footage of the second plane smashing into the building.

my prayer for all of the souls of the victims

:::msv:::

bart

Sep 12, 2001, 1:47 AM
Post #5 of 14 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was in Ghent (Belgium) for my enrolment for university and I heard only heard the news when I came home (on rockclimbing.com).

maltek

Sep 12, 2001, 1:34 PM
Post #6 of 14 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was on an electronic conference show in Montreal.. and the guy that was suppose to speak was late.. And when he came in, he just said that he was late because 2 planes crash on the World Trade Center... Duh! We thought that it was a joke... But at the end of the conference, we saw everyone looking TV..

blackaven

Sep 12, 2001, 5:48 PM
Post #7 of 14 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

one of my friends said that he saw the plane hit the building when he turned on the TV and the 1st words out of his mouth were "woah! I'm gonna go see that movie!" then he realised....

hard to believe it IS real

tankshild

Sep 12, 2001, 5:48 PM
Post #8 of 14 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i was on my way to school and we wached every thing after the second crash in first piriod

vaness

Sep 15, 2001, 4:08 PM
Post #9 of 14 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i was in english class watching "a raison in the sun" and the principal came over the intercom and told us and we watched it the rest of the day.

talons05

Sep 15, 2001, 4:23 PM
Post #10 of 14 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Shining my shoes, checking my email, turned on CNN on my laptop and... Boom, smoke pouring out and people saying we were under attack. Next thing I know, there is an announcement on the hallway speaker saying that we are at Threatcon DELTA

AW

climber_girl

Sep 15, 2001, 4:28 PM
Post #11 of 14 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I had just woken up and went downstairs(becuase it was only 7:00 am here) and ym mom and dad were watching the news and liek freaking out and i was just joking around and stuff about it and yah. Then i watched for the rest of the day! kinda freaky!

aulwes

Sep 21, 2001, 7:46 AM
Post #12 of 14 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sleeping in and I woke up, turned on the tv right before the the buildings collapsed.

ontherocks

Sep 21, 2001, 8:06 AM
Post #13 of 14 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was in Washington, DC, two blocks from the White House.

dean585

Sep 21, 2001, 8:48 AM
Post #14 of 14 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was on my way driving into New York city when I turned the radio on and heard about what was going on, I turned around and went back home because so many of my friends work there. Its funny but my father said to me that he will always remember where he was when he heard Kennedy was shot, and Im sure my grandfather knew where he was when Pearl Harbor was attacked, so this is prob the one for my generation. Its all such a shame

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook