RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

grenmtboy26

Dec 11, 2005, 10:42 PM
Post #1 of 4 (885 views)
Shortcut

Anyone up for some New England Ice
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Is there anyone out there who wants to ice climbing in the New England Area(NY, NH, ME, VT). Conditions are improving for a great season and I wanted to know if there was anyone who wanted to join me for the ice climbing season?

pico23

Dec 12, 2005, 3:10 AM
Post #2 of 4 (885 views)
Shortcut

Re: Anyone up for some New England Ice [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Is there anyone out there who wants to ice climbing in the New England Area(NY, NH, ME, VT). Conditions are improving for a great season and I wanted to know if there was anyone who wanted to join me for the ice climbing season?

Just a heads up, NY isn't part of New England. Although beyond the Metro Area I wouldn't consider it Mid-Atlantic either. But it's definitely not New England. Northeast covers them all pretty well.

And yeah, I'd be interested in some climbing. Just scoped out some local ice to the south and also the east and it's looking GOOD. Anyplace further north should be further along. Cold nights and mild slightly above freezing days lead to fat fresh ice. The weather for the last week has been perfect. The only stuff that isn't forming fast are the south facing climbs. Still very wet out there too.

kixx

Dec 13, 2005, 1:00 PM
Post #3 of 4 (885 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Keeping an eye on the ice down here in the Hudson Valley and it is coming in well, can't wait to get up north into the Dacks.

My email is listed kwalker64@soon.com if anyone would like to get in touch, although I won't be free for climbing until after December. Work sucks.

tradchick

Dec 17, 2005, 12:16 AM
Post #4 of 4 (885 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I live about 20 minutes from Willoughby and slightly farther to Cannon Mtn. and Crawford Notch. I'm available occasionally when my regular partner can't make it. PM me if interested.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook