Forums: Climbing Partners: US - West Coast:
HELP! Climbing trip in distress. Mayday mayday.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

jnc007add

Aug 11, 2002, 7:45 PM
Post #1 of 7 (1125 views)
Shortcut

HELP! Climbing trip in distress. Mayday mayday.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Here's my problem, I had this huge x-country trip planed where I was climbing in j-tree, red rocks, zion, and then I was to hook up with a buddy of mine and we were going to aid the nose. However, due to various girl friend problems. I have zero partners and no climbing planned.

I will be on the west coast around the 1st of sept. through oct. and I lead up to 5.9. I do both trad (my prefered) and sport. I'm also a begining aid climber. I'm still getting use to clean A2. However, I'm coming off a torn ligament injury in my hand so strenuous finger jamming is out.

I'm open to climbing anywhere, but I'd like to climb in the valley or red rocks. I'm open to j-tree, the needles, zion. You name it. I just figured since I'm away from the east coast granite I get some good climbing in. I just want to climb. Feel free to make suggestions. I'll be in the santa cruz area for a few days during the 1st of the month so I'm open to N, S, and E'ern clibming areas.

rickoldskool

Aug 11, 2002, 8:25 PM
Post #2 of 7 (1125 views)
Shortcut

HELP! Climbing trip in distress. Mayday mayday. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Are you flying or driving? I'll help you out if I can. Maybe climb a bunch also.

cragstar

Aug 11, 2002, 8:36 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1125 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

when are you going to be in Zion Im just a few hours north if you want to climb up here

jnc007add

Aug 12, 2002, 3:22 PM
Post #4 of 7 (1125 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll be driving out. But I'll expect to be in cali. "somewhere" by sept 1st. I really don't care where I climb, as long as I get to climb.

boneware

Aug 14, 2002, 7:02 AM
Post #5 of 7 (1125 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey i am on the east coast right now and am flying back to las vegas on the 8th or so of sept, then i have nothing set, i have to go to zion to pick up my truck and gear then i would be down to climb most anywhere. i have posted my self a few times looking for partners. i am basically free well for a while. i have been out for a while to knee and finger problems and to much work this summer but i would be ready to do as much as possible. i love red rocks, i think it is still a little toasty now, j tree is great but i think it kind of falls in the same catagory. drop me a line if interested or hit my real email at livermore75@hotmail.com
i would down to climb for a few weeks, month what ever, never climbed aid would be interested, got a good deal of gear and love mellow trad.
philip

enigma

Aug 19, 2002, 12:17 PM
Post #6 of 7 (1125 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm in smith. I've had 23 partners in 6.5 weeks in 6 places. Including vedawoo,smith,donner,lovers leap, city of rocks. why are you having trouble it alludes me. I don't even lead only follow up to 5.10. Try to be friendler or assertive. After all the worst they can say is no. Anyway. I'm on the west coast now. Going to Squamish. Maybe you can e-mail me at RandeeRubman@yahoo.com. I can try to help or climb. anyway yesterday I climbed with a local here and he complained he couldn't find partners too. Anyway I found him two partners here so he can climb.Goodluck and i'll try meanwhile starting asking for the order,baby./

rockmonkey

Aug 20, 2002, 9:51 PM
Post #7 of 7 (1125 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sorry to hear about your trip taking that unexpected turn. I just moved out to tucson, AZ a couple of months ago. I will be back east from sept 5 to sept 16, but will be back out west until the end of september and beyond. if you want to climb i could meet you just about anywhere as i am not working yet and trying to climb as much as possible (MT. Lemmon in tucson has great sport and trad lines if you wanted to hit an AZ spot).
I have been climbing for a little over a year and a half and so far I only lead up to 5.9 sport. I would really like to get into trad but i still have alot to learn and so far i haven't found to many folks to learn from. anyway if you want to reach me my email is davidburke290@netscape.net. whatever happens i hope you have a great trip.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook